Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and rate them as:
Highly Recommended 18 51.43%
Recommended 12 34.29%
NOT Recommended 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 09:36   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajdan View Post
The main advantage of TuneUp Plus in my experience is that Mr. Lonkar is always personally available and you will find him most of the times on the shop floor working on cars himself.
I have said this in my earlier post, but let me repeat it here. From my experience, he will be always there, but it will be near impossible to have a conversation with him. If you are with him for 15 minutes, 14 of those minutes, he will be taking phone calls - I just gave up trying to talk to him.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 10:02   #32
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Well there are times when he is constantly on the phone but there are also times when he is a bit free and you can talk to him.
The reason why he is constantly on the phone is because of his personal rapport with his clients.
Not that I am lobbying for him, fact is I have seen and experienced during my 1.5 years project build when I used to frequent almost daily or maybe alternate days.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 10:13   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Well there are times when he is constantly on the phone but there are also times when he is a bit free and you can talk to him.
The reason why he is constantly on the phone is because of his personal rapport with his clients.
He needs to learn to handle one customer at a time. Once you start interacting with one customer, you need stop picking up calls till you finish that customer. An occasional call is OK, but it was non-stop. This was one of the few reasons, I stopped going to TuneUp when I was in Pune. Other reasons were
- He didn't like it when I told him that if he has to do anything more than what's required in a routine service, he has to call me and take my permission first.
- He told me that my Swift clutch would require a change soon (I had around 25000 kms on the car then, I think). I actually changed my clutch at 65000 kms if I remember correctly.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 10:28   #34
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Fair enough. Some valid points.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 16:43   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default

Finally had a chance to use Tune Up Plus's services for my Swift. Detailed experience recounted here.

Positives
  • Very clean, thorough job done. Everything was spic and span and there none of those niggling little annoyances one experiences at an MAS for example (dirty footprints, things misplaced etc. come to mind).
  • Was able to fix the groaning noise in my steering/front suspension that three other service centres (2 MAS and one FNG) told me would require a complete suspension overhaul to fix. TUP in fact assured me that my shocks were in good condition; all that required to be done was change the link rod on the stabilizer bar.
  • Quickly diagnosed all major issues with the car: brake pads, belts replacement, AC blower cleaning required etc. This literally took 10 minutes. Abhijit Lonkar did it himself.
  • Cost-effective. The entire thing cost me around 9K. MAS estimate for the suspension overhaul itself was 25K!
  • Best of all, the car drives like a dream now. The changes made were spot-on: I realized the difference only after taking delivery. My car is coming on 80,000 km and I had got used to some shuddering, weakening of brakes, loss of 'tightness' etc. but everything feels good now.
Negatives:
  • Abhijit is a very laconic guy who has trained his staff to be the same way. So no time is spent in small talk or chit chat. Since I went with Amey who is an old customer of his, he probably knew my Team BHP connection as well but there was no discussion about it at all. (I am including it as a -ve but it is actually a reflection of his professionalism when looked at objectively. No special treatment )
  • Location of his garage in Balewadi is a little inconvenient. Amey was kind enough to drop me home but I had to take an auto to the workshop to pick up the car the next day. There was no offer to drop the car off (even at a cost) though to be fair, I never asked.
  • There was no formal estimate provided when I dropped the car off. Abhijit did call me personally to inform me what parts he was replacing and their approximate cost, though, so it wasn't a complete surprise. And the final bill was VERY reasonable. As a comparison, the 40,000 km service on the same car at MAS cost about 7000k (not including some major AC related work which was extra) but in that case the breakdown of the bill included some strange items that were never clearly explained (I never went back to that MAS again).
  • This is completely subjective but I get the feeling TUP is a place you should take your vehicle to for important milestone services and specific niggling issues. Seriously doubt I would do the 90000 Swift service there since it will probably just involve and oil change and couple of other small things, which MAs can easily handle.
But I am nitpicking. Overall the work executed was of top quality, and value-for-money. I am now considering taking the Vento there for its 60k service sometime next year.

Last edited by noopster : 23rd April 2014 at 20:17. Reason: Small correction
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:45   #36
BHPian
 
Meer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Thanks Noopster, I was at Abhijit's today and my 4+ years experience has been in line with what you have mentioned. Though I went to meet him after a year and half, he took his leave after a short chat as he was getting late for another appointment, and that is typical Abhijit

I have always availed of the pick up and drop facility but it is at a cost and I live within 6 km of the service centre. So not really sure whether it is available for all addresses.
Meer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 19:25   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 1,177 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I am now considering taking the Vento there for its 60k service sometime next year.
Interesting thought. Something that has crossed my mind a few times, but always kept those thoughts for 4th servicing onwards.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2014, 23:30   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

I received a dent on the left front door of my Laura.
Will Tune UP Plus be a good place to get it done?
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 01:27   #39
BHPian
 
amoghchaphalkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 554
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Sharing a couple of experiences:

Experience#1

A friend recently got his Santro serviced from Tune Up Plus (The same friend I have mentioned in this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post3350756)

His feedback (On Whatsapp) was as follows:

Just got the Santro from servicing from Mr.Lonkar. Rs.4252 including oil change + change of oil filter.
Done a better job than the authorised service station


Attaching a screenshot of the whatsapp message just in case someone has a doubt

Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)-screenshot_20140828010840_1.jpg

Experience # 2

Got my Tata Safari serviced from Tune Up Plus. The total bill (including oil change and interior cleaning) came to around 8.5k. I thought this was extremely reasonable. I disagree with the overall notion in this thread that the labour charges are high. I feel they are competitive. (Nothing in car maintenance is *cheap* these days)

The quality of work is good. I liked the fact that no unnecessary jobs were pushed down my throat. Whatever was required was done and was done well. I won't reiterate about the facility since the earlier posts have already covered it.

I don't think it is necessary to *talk* to him when you leave your car for service. (I definitely didn't). I just conveyed (to the service advisor who was filling the job card) what I thought was required to be done, the job card was filled and I left the premises. I have never gone and talked to the manager / owner of TATA, Toyota, FIAT, Skoda service centers when I have dropped my cars for service. I did not find it necessary there and I did not find it necessary here! As long as the service speaks for itself I don't care if the owner of the garage talks to me or not.

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 28th August 2014 at 01:29.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 13:56   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PNQ - PUNE
Posts: 133
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

I would like to add that based on the feedback in this section I was very positive about how my experience with this place would be. I was wrong on so many fronts to the extent that I dread the day I decided to blindly follow the respect that people in this thread have for this place. I am not the kind of person who carries any kind of ego in life and take a practical approach towards everything.

Before I mention that how horrible my experience was I would like to make it clear that the Skoda Laura L&K that I got serviced was in a really bad shape already. It was only for that reason why I looked up online to check out non skoda service center and take the car to a reliable person. When a mod jumps into an argument with a forum member to defend the honor of a person you tend to have certain expectations. Team-bhp being the foremost unbiased forum.

I decided to take the car as the word of mouth about this place built certain amount of trust in the man.

I will not talk about what issue was solved as none were asked to be fixed. I just wanted to get the car regularly serviced so that I can take it to used cars dealership to be sold off.

1. When I took the car to the place the driver side power window was working alright which after service is no longer working and Mr Lonkar very offensively blamed the issue on the bad state of the car and said that they didnt touch it.

2. The headlamps used to work normally and I didn't expect any issue to arise out of it but they start the moment car is put into ignition. Again the same reply that they didnt do it. I am already in a very difficult state with the car as it is and instead of showing anger I left without saying anything with nothing but helplessness and then came the googly.

3. As I tired to fasten my seatbelt the panel that holds the seat belt came off and when I told him that this is the 3rd issue that wasn't present when I got the car is also present.

Upon confronting him he toed the same line and very rudely stormed off saying "Tujhe pata nahi mera kaam karne ka treeka, mein aise kaam karta hi nahi hu, tumhari gaadi hai hi itni ghatiya" He promptly sent a mechanic to look into the panel issue.
I will quote what the mechanic said "Sir aapko mein unke taraf se sorry, woh aise hi karte hain, koi galti batau toh gussa ho jaate hai, unse sehen nahi hota, sir ko hum samjha kar thakk gaye, aapke gaadi mein problem hai no doubt but sir galti nahi maanenge"

4. The Driver side front wheel has its air valve broken which also wasn't present when I took the car for service.


I guess the good experience that is the general sentiment in this thread is because people would normally take cars that are in perfect running condition with minimal issues. My car as it was already in a bad shape was messed up further. I would not recommend this place at all.. The first thing a person expects while going for a service is grievance redressal and you want someone to take the onus for a mistake. which Mr Lonkar is lacking. Not only will your voice go unheard you will be presented with a veil of Integrity in case you try to do that.

Mr Lonkar is a classic example of a person hiding under this veil to cover up incompetence.

Why did I use these words? Because in my universe he did a very bad job. There might be people who have had their cars repaired successfully but I can only speak for my experience and not for others. In my opinion he will remain all that. I would like to add that car has been cleaned very well. I had asked for a thorough interior cleaning and it was done really well.

I came here to make my point as people should know before they decide.

Last edited by psbali : 24th October 2014 at 14:01. Reason: TYPO
psbali is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 12:28   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Before I mention that how horrible my experience was I would like to make it clear that the Skoda Laura L&K that I got serviced was in a really bad shape already. It was only for that reason why I looked up online to check out non skoda service center and take the car to a reliable person. When a mod jumps into an argument with a forum member to defend the honor of a person you tend to have certain expectations. Team-bhp being the foremost unbiased forum.
Hey, sad to hear about your experience with Tune-up plus. I don't wish to comment on the other points you made but wish to make two quick points:

1) I wasn't a mod when this thread was started, therefore do not construe my arguments on this thread to be "a moderator's defence of somebody's honor." I have better things to do than defend people here. Every bhpians feedback is equally as important as that of a mod, your experience included.

2) It is sad if these issues arose after you left your car with Tune-up plus and you definitely deserve to be treated better as well as the garage owner should have shown accountability in his work.

Hope you get the issues in your car sorted from a competent person.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 13:06   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

@psbali- Sorry to hear about your poor experience at Tune Up Plus. Regardless of whether the problems existed already or were new, the 2 conversations (with the proprietor and then the mechanic) should not have gone the way they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I would like to add that based on the feedback in this section I was very positive about how my experience with this place would be. I was wrong on so many fronts to the extent that I dread the day I decided to blindly follow the respect that people in this thread have for this place(...)
I decided to take the car as the word of mouth about this place built certain amount of trust in the man.
Word of mouth is one thing but there is no substitute for personal experience. Just as the positive experiences of many on this thread matter (self included), your counter-view (and that of some other members) are equally important.

Quote:
I will not talk about what issue was solved as none were asked to be fixed. I just wanted to get the car regularly serviced so that I can take it to used cars dealership to be sold off.
This is a bit vague on your part. It would help to know what specific issues were captured in the "Customer Voice" & estimate. How many of these were resolved to your satisfaction? How many are still pending and what is the reason for them not being resolved?
As long as the discussion is opinion-based ("I feel...") it becomes emotional and heated. When you present a fact-based argument, it is easier to discuss.
Quote:
I guess the good experience that is the general sentiment in this thread is because people would normally take cars that are in perfect running condition with minimal issues.
Not necessarily- e.g. my 2006 Swift had a rattling suspension issue which 3 other places had declared would be fixed only with complete suspension replacement (20-25K estimate). Tune Up Plus was the first guy who suggested that it may be fixed with a simple parts swap, that cost me all of 2,000. Again, am not discounting your experience, just stating facts.
Quote:
Mr Lonkar is a classic example of a person hiding under this veil to cover up incompetence.
I don't think you need to get personal about it. Not only it is against the spirit of this forum, it also vitiates the atmosphere and prevents a chance of getting your problem amicably resolved.
Quote:
Why did I use these words? Because in my universe he did a very bad job. There might be people who have had their cars repaired successfully but I can only speak for my experience and not for others. In my opinion he will remain all that. I would like to add that car has been cleaned very well. I had asked for a thorough interior cleaning and it was done really well.
I came here to make my point as people should know before they decide.
That's fair. You took your car with the expectation of getting a problem resolved and came away disappointed. It's understandable. Thanks for sharing your feedback with the community and do keep us posted on developments.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 13:56   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PNQ - PUNE
Posts: 133
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hey, sad to hear about your experience with Tune-up plus. I don't wish to comment on the other points you made but wish to make two quick points:

1) I wasn't a mod when this thread was started, therefore do not construe my arguments on this thread to be "a moderator's defence of somebody's honor." I have better things to do than defend people here. Every bhpians feedback is equally as important as that of a mod, your experience included.

2) It is sad if these issues arose after you left your car with Tune-up plus and you definitely deserve to be treated better as well as the garage owner should have shown accountability in his work.

Hope you get the issues in your car sorted from a competent person.
Yeah the comment was not made in a negative way. I am sorry to say that I was not able to clearly express that I have nothing against the forum members or any of the mods.

Id like to add this my post is only and entirely my opinion and a reflection of my own thoughts. It is not in any way an attack on forum members or mods for that matter. I am not blaming anyone who has shared his experience. All that I have written is a creation of the experience that I have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@psbali- Sorry to hear about your poor experience at Tune Up Plus. Regardless of whether the problems existed already or were new, the 2 conversations (with the proprietor and then the mechanic) should not have gone the way they did.


1. Word of mouth is one thing but there is no substitute for personal experience. Just as the positive experiences of many on this thread matter (self included), your counter-view (and that of some other members) are equally important.


2. This is a bit vague on your part. It would help to know what specific issues were captured in the "Customer Voice" & estimate. How many of these were resolved to your satisfaction? How many are still pending and what is the reason for them not being resolved?
As long as the discussion is opinion-based ("I feel...") it becomes emotional and heated. When you present a fact-based argument, it is easier to discuss.



3. Not necessarily- e.g. my 2006 Swift had a rattling suspension issue which 3 other places had declared would be fixed only with complete suspension replacement (20-25K estimate). Tune Up Plus was the first guy who suggested that it may be fixed with a simple parts swap, that cost me all of 2,000. Again, am not discounting your experience, just stating facts.

4. I don't think you need to get personal about it. Not only it is against the spirit of this forum, it also vitiates the atmosphere and prevents a chance of getting your problem amicably resolved.


5. That's fair. You took your car with the expectation of getting a problem resolved and came away disappointed. It's understandable. Thanks for sharing your feedback with the community and do keep us posted on developments.
2. Sir the post is quite self explanatory. Nothing was asked to be fixed. As mentioned that the car has issues and I asked them not to look into them. The requirement was for regular service, interior cleaning and vehicle diagnosis. I wanted to get the car oiled and whatever needed to be replaced vis a vis filters were asked to be replaced. I agree my word choice wasn't specific enough.

3. I have tried to portray that it is only my experience that counts for me. My decision to go with him turned out to be wrong. The feedback over here was reassuring that is the reason why I went ahead with Tune Up Plus but that is as per my own discretion. People at tune up plus must have done something right to deserve and earn the trust of 2 mods. Otherwise why would people take the trouble.

4. Sir. I have called him incompetent based on facts. I have in no way made this assumption just because i have had a bad experience. If I don't have facts to back up my statement I am not the kind of person to make them. The circumstances were such. I have on my own before starting with the issues mentioned that yes my car has problems and now there are 4 more.. (2 of which were taken care of as they are fundamental to driving a car.)


5. Thanks for understanding. the statement was made to show that it is again my experience that counts hence the perceived personal attack and sort of covers up for my comment too.


Please understand that it is difficult to be able to properly express on a forum. For clarification my words are not meant to blame anyone over here. It may have seemed like that.

I meant to show that how much important this forum and its members are to me and that their opinion do matter to me. I apologise in case anyone thought otherwise.

My problem is with tune up plus only.

Last edited by psbali : 27th October 2014 at 13:59. Reason: Add
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 13:27   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 87
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Has any one tried using the dent / paint services from Tune Up Plus ? Any feedbacks ?

My i20 has picked up some dents off late which i plan to get corrected plus the 70,000 KM servicing is due as well, given the contrasting review not sure what to do.
somitra1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 14:31   #45
BHPian
 
kutoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Has any one tried using the dent / paint services from Tune Up Plus ? Any feedbacks ?

My i20 has picked up some dents off late which i plan to get corrected plus the 70,000 KM servicing is due as well, given the contrasting review not sure what to do.

Hi,

I had given my i10 last year June 2013, for the following repairs and I'm quite satisfactory. Given below are the details of work carried out

1. Mended tears in the front & back fenders and completely repainted them.

2. Repainted the passenger side completely

The work was good and I've no reason to complain. However, talk to Abhijit first, these days i guess he is having serious labor issues and also be prepared for a long wait. (in case you get an appointment quickly)

My work took about a week to complete and i should say that the color matching was perfect. The paint shaded did not stand out.

Cheers
kutoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Unicorn - Bad experience with B.U. Bhandari Service Center, Pune kaustubhpatil Motorbikes 4 5th November 2014 13:31
Skoda Rapid gets 2 new variants : Active Plus & Ambition Plus GTO The Indian Car Scene 18 5th January 2014 08:44
Meru Plus launched : A premium multi-point rental car service GTO The Indian Car Scene 50 6th April 2013 21:45
Shell Lubricants Launches Product PLUS Service Portfolio in India madhokritesh The Indian Car Scene 6 3rd December 2009 16:58
Shreyan's- Chevy service center in Pune? Hells Bells Indian Car Dealerships 4 23rd October 2007 13:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks