Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th January 2006, 20:14   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hey Shan,

Non circular (ie oval/figure8/butterfly) steering wheels are pretty common, but as far as an offcenter axis of rotation; i have never heard of it in a production car, and i dont think it is the case in the noble...

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 14:01   #17
BHPian

hey need a little help in regards to a steering problem , i have a lancer slxi 2000 and in the last few days i have had to put in a little more of an effort to turn the car the steering seems a little tighter ...i check the fluid , earlier it was full right to the cap but has come down by a 4 centimeter due to the cap not closed tightly ..took it to the mech he said that there was some dirt etc.. but its not helped car seems to be same any suggestions?

thanks
ancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 16:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Shan,

Non circular (ie oval/figure8/butterfly) steering wheels are pretty common, but as far as an offcenter axis of rotation; i have never heard of it in a production car, and i dont think it is the case in the noble...

cya
R
The wheel on the Noble looks to be vertically oval where as on most cars it is horizontally oval, right? (Hope you understand what i am saying )
Deeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2006, 05:00   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
The wheel on the Noble looks to be vertically oval where as on most cars it is horizontally oval, right? (Hope you understand what i am saying )
I know what you are saying, but i think its just the angle of that pic.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 23:49   #20
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer
hey need a little help in regards to a steering problem , i have a lancer slxi 2000 and in the last few days i have had to put in a little more of an effort to turn the car the steering seems a little tighter ...i check the fluid , earlier it was full right to the cap but has come down by a 4 centimeter due to the cap not closed tightly ..took it to the mech he said that there was some dirt etc.. but its not helped car seems to be same any suggestions?

thanks
Could be air trapped inside. Ask your authorised service center to vent it.

RK
jat is offline   Reply With Quote