Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 26th July 2012, 21:53   #91
Default Re: Diff between Speed diesel, Xtra premium diesel and regular diesel

Well, I have used premium petrol in my first car santo since the time it was introduced sometime in 2001, the car did 105000 km without any engine issues and it is still going strong with the new owners and is at around 180k km without any engine issues.

Bought Scorpio CRDE in sep 2005 and never filled anything in it other than premium diesel for all of its 125000 km that I did and never experienced any engine issues.

Rather whenever I could not get hold of premium fuel in long drives I have always felt a sluggishness in the vehicle with non-premium fuel, though I have never checked mileage as such as I was more interested in giving the engine a longer life as that gives me a better feeling. Each time I sold a vehicle I have got rave reviews from the mechanic who the buyer bought in seeing the engine condition and it always got sold to the first buyer without fail each time and for better price. The scorpio buyers mechanic even was surprised to see the odometer reading of 125k km as the engine looked in a much better shape, of course it might also have a lot to do with the driving style, but then what burns inside also matters.

So I swear by premium fuel or regular fuel with additives, this is from my experience of 12 years of running various brands of vehicles, technologically I don't have much knowledge in this, neither do I want to get confused.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 26th July 2012 at 21:54.
rajeshchand is offline   Reply With Quote