Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th May 2012, 22:05   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo - AC Fan Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
My Figo is 2 years old today!

Is the "hissing" sound like a snake hissing or does it sound more like a "bad plumbing pipes" gurgling hissing?
I am asking that because I was getting a gurgling-hissing kind of sound from the air conditioner in my car. I asked the SA to clean out the filter (see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ford-figo.html) and also re-gas the system when I got the car serviced 2 weeks back. It seems to have sorted out the hissing sound.
Its a hissing sound, like a snake stuck in the blower. Its quite audible at times even over the audio system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Yes I too have observed it. the only difference being that I think I hear a gurgling sound rather than a hissing one
I too think that its the sound of gas circulating in the pipes, and nothing major to worry about.
I hope its not something major, but its quite irritating as i tend to look out for that sound and it annoys me quite a bit. Did check with couple of other friends and family members owning it and they dont have it.
Planning to take it to the service center as i have squeaking noise from the rear end of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I do not think it is any issue as such. I have heard the same hissing noise when I turn on the a/c as well on my Figo petrol.
It is probably the sound of the a/c gas being injected and lasts just for a second.

But, in my case, the sound occurs only when I manually turn on the a/c. In your case, it seems it occurs everytime the a/c automatically cuts off and then on.
Dont think you should worry and inform the service center when you drop off the car for regular service.
will think it through but this is killing the fun part of the drive
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 07:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

My Figo's AC has developed a niggling issue.

2 weeks back,one morning my figo's AC suddenly stopped cooling. Blower was good but no chillness.

My car was due for the 20000 Km service so left it at the service centre and explained the problem.

After diagnosing the problem, the SA told me the thermistor has to be replaced.

The picked up my car after 2 days. And currently, the AC produces chillness but not like before. The chillness seems to be fluctuating. For example, 1 minute it blows cold air, next minute it blows normal air and this cycle gets repeated no matter where the ac knob is kept.

What could be the problem?
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 09:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Hi,

My Figo's AC has developed a niggling issue.

2 weeks back,one morning my figo's AC suddenly stopped cooling. Blower was good but no chillness.

My car was due for the 20000 Km service so left it at the service centre and explained the problem.

After diagnosing the problem, the SA told me the thermistor has to be replaced.

The picked up my car after 2 days. And currently, the AC produces chillness but not like before. The chillness seems to be fluctuating. For example, 1 minute it blows cold air, next minute it blows normal air and this cycle gets repeated no matter where the ac knob is kept.

What could be the problem?
Since you are in Chennai , Does the high speed fan come on when the AC is switched on if yes then you will have to check for leaks / and electrical relays. In Fords , When you switch on the AC , The low speed fan will always work , the high speed will kick in when ambient rises or the pressure of refrigerant increases. If low speed fan does not come on when Ac is on , do not drive much head to the service center.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 18:46   #34

Default Issues with AC in Ford Figo

I have been thinking about posting the issue that I had with my 2012 Ford Figoís air conditioning system for some time now, to get opinions from others if they had issues like mine, so here it goes.

I bought my car in the month of August and I had no troubles except after a few months, when the AC was on a strange noise from the AC unit, as if there was a vacuum cleaner sucking the air out of a bottle (Iím trying to explain the noise as best as I could here, so bear with me guys ).

My friend had the same car, so I reached out to him to know if he had any such noise in the AC unit in his car, and to my surprise he said that he too had the same issue earlier and that he had the AC serviced from the routine service schedule. He also advised me to reach out to a service technician and get it fixed, but I was thinking about getting it serviced later.

Then one fine (Hot Chennai) morning, I turn the AC on, and the fan turns on, but the compressor doesn't turn on and lets just say that it was a sweaty morning ride to the office.

I took it to (MPL Ford, Chennai) the service center and I wanted someone to have the unit checked, they said that they would have to replace a coolant pipe (Iím not sure what part was changed here) and they took apart the whole front console of my car and had the parts repaired under warranty, but unfortunately, this issue happened right in the period of my first free service and hence, they had all the parts replaced and service done, but I got no bill on what part was replaced and now I do not know what really went wrong.

Do we have anyone with similar experiences earlier? Please care to share the same so that when other members have such issues can refer to this thread and get some info on the issue.
MuthuSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 12:18   #35
BHPian

Default Re: Issues with AC in Ford Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuthuSB View Post
I
Then one fine (Hot Chennai) morning, I turn the AC on, and the fan turns on, but the compressor doesn't turn on and lets just say that it was a sweaty morning ride to the office.

I took it to (MPL Ford, Chennai) the service center and I wanted someone to have the unit checked, they said that they would have to replace a coolant pipe (Iím not sure what part was changed here) and they took apart the whole front console of my car and had the parts repaired under warranty, but unfortunately, this issue happened right in the period of my first free service and hence, they had all the parts replaced and service done, but I got no bill on what part was replaced and now I do not know what really went wrong.

Do we have anyone with similar experiences earlier? Please care to share the same so that when other members have such issues can refer to this thread and get some info on the issue.
I cannot relate to the noise issue however once my car compressor wouldn't turn on and it was just hot air coming through. They changed the evaporator coil under warranty. Usually one would get a bill and the cost would be 0 and under warranty would be mentioned. I guess you could ask them to provide the details.
scorpio07 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 15:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey Guys ,
I am facing kind of similar issue, i hear an Hissing sound, initially thought it was from CD player. So took the disc out, then turned the audio off, still i get a hissing sound. its a brief sound for less than a second, sometime it occurs every minute sometimes every 2,3 or 5 minutes. I tried turning the AC off and the sound is gone, the moment i turn the AC ON it starts again. Its been happening for quite sometime, problem being even when playing music its loud enough to hear it. Anyone else facing this situation, my car is 2 years old. Its quite an irritant that kills driving. If you have faced this issue, has it been rectified and what was the solution.

Scorp
Hi,

Do you still have the problem? I am facing the exact same problem with my Figo AC after the 20K service. Cauvery Ford has promised to look into the issue and rectify the same.
shubhu3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 15:36   #37
BHPian

Question Re: Ford Figo - AC Fan Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The other primary reasons for the compressor tripping so frequently (switching on and off of the fan is an indication of that) are:
  1. Excess gas in the system. Less likely as as per you the AC system till then had not been tampered with
  2. Ice formation in the cooling coil leading to the thermostat cutting off. It could be a thermostat fault also.
  3. AC relay faulty leading to loose contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The A/C fan kicks in every 10 secs or so if the Car is let idle. I believe its normal as long as no warning lamp glows on the dashboard to warn you.
Bumping the old thread since my friend's Figo (Petrol) developed the same issue. Irrespective of whether AC on or off, the high speed fan kicks in and cut off after sometime. Normally I have seen in other cars that as soon as you switch on the AC, the low speed fan starts rotating. Only in rare occasions the high speed fan kicks in.

Also the engine overheat lamp glows when the car is idle or in city traffic and immediately the high speed fan comes on. Then the warning light will go off. It's kind of happening in cycle . We have connected an OBD scanner to the car and observed that as soon as the coolant temp goes above 110 C, then the warning lamp comes on along with high speed fan.

Not sure what is causing the coolant temp to go above 110 C, he has recently filled AC gas in a FNG. Now the Ford ASC guys are saying problem with Fan resistor and Fan itself, recommending to change both. But we are not convinced.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.
sbalagru6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 16:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Bumping the old thread since my friend's Figo (Petrol) developed the same issue. Irrespective of whether AC on or off, the high speed fan kicks in and cut off after sometime. Normally I have seen in other cars that as soon as you switch on the AC, the low speed fan starts rotating. Only in rare occasions the high speed fan kicks in.

Also the engine overheat lamp glows when the car is idle or in city traffic and immediately the high speed fan comes on. Then the warning light will go off. It's kind of happening in cycle . We have connected an OBD scanner to the car and observed that as soon as the coolant temp goes above 110 C, then the warning lamp comes on along with high speed fan.

Not sure what is causing the coolant temp to go above 110 C, he has recently filled AC gas in a FNG. Now the Ford ASC guys are saying problem with Fan resistor and Fan itself, recommending to change both. But we are not convinced.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.
I had a Ford Ikon and sold the same a couple of years back (the car was close to 15 years old). The exact same problem that you are describing was there in my car. The Ford guys also recommended the change of both the Fan resistor and Fan. Since the part was not available in my home town (Kottayam), somehow drove the car to Cochin and got the parts changed. The problem never surfaced after that.

In a nutshell - what the Ford service guys are saying is probably right.
motorguy is offline   Reply With Quote