Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th August 2011, 08:13   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No updates is usually a good thing . 5 months up and no issues to report at all. Product working as promised. Did a recent trip to Mahabaleshwar with 5 onboard + luggage + no scraping.

If I were you, I'd start with the rear only. That's where Indian manufacturers usually soften things.

It absolutely will. Suggested change is at 50,000 kms, though I doubt they'll last that long. Guess only time will tell. I'm not concerned as the rear set cost me less than a tank of fuel.
I will second GTO, its 5 months on my Civic and its just performing really well. The Civic needs it at just the rear. I drive over most speedbreakers without the thought of the grinding sound coming. Quite unlikely in a Civic, right?
By the way I did not know the new Verna had a bottom scraping issue. I have the older Verna and this used to be one of its strongest points. It never used to scrape even on a full load.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 17:13   #242
BHPian

Default Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I did not know the new Verna had a bottom scraping issue.
It does and its ugly. However it scrapes only on full load and only on certain humps. Not all. You know how every now and then we come across a hump that is one row short of being a wall?

Thanks for the chiming in Dinu. I'm sold on this product. Do you know any place in bangalore that stocks it? I read earlier that A1 may have stock but that they're exorbitant when it comes to pricing. Any pointers?

Update: Placed a call to A1 @ 080 26577438. He said that he will get stocks on monday and that it will cost me Rs.1200 for a pair. I double checked if he knew what I was asking for and mentioned Autorunner. He said yes its the same thing. Has there been a drop in price?

Last edited by Tassem : 25th August 2011 at 17:23.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 19:04   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Update: Placed a call to A1 @ 080 26577438. He said that he will get stocks on monday and that it will cost me Rs.1200 for a pair. I double checked if he knew what I was asking for and mentioned Autorunner. He said yes its the same thing. Has there been a drop in price?
I suggest you give Daryll a call and double check couple of things
1) What is the ideal size for the new Verna?
2) What is the price?

Rs 1200/- for a pair sure sounds like a steal (If I remember right, I paid around Rs 2500/- for a pair). They might charge extra for installation though.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 19:20   #244
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you give Daryll a call and double check couple of things
1) What is the ideal size for the new Verna?
2) What is the price?

Rs 1200/- for a pair sure sounds like a steal (If I remember right, I paid around Rs 2500/- for a pair). They might charge extra for installation though.
I was thinking I'll stick to the 1" variant. You wouldn't have Daryll's number on you, would you? To be honest I was expecting the prices to have gone up and was surprised when the fellow said its 1200 a pair. Unless of course the guy on the phone was talking about something else..

Last edited by Tassem : 25th August 2011 at 19:25.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:31   #245

Quote:
I just called up A1. I felt he is not referring to the same autorunner. He told he has in metal as well as rubber. He will check my car suspension and then advice on what to use. No idea what he meant by metal autorunner.
denomathew is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 19:37   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking I'll stick to the 1" variant. You wouldn't have Daryll's number on you, would you? To be honest I was expecting the prices to have gone up and was surprised when the fellow said its 1200 a pair. Unless of course the guy on the phone was talking about something else..
Its good to speak to Darryl and get the details. I have PMed you his contact number now.
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 20:29   #247
BHPian

I just got off the phone with Darryl. Very helpful guy I must add. I will be checking the gap between the suspension coils and letting him know so that he can send me the right size.

The price is Rs.4300 for a set of four including courier to Bangalore. And 2300 for a set of two, again including courier. Installation instructions while not needed, will still be included.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:51   #248

Quote:
Its good to speak to Darryl and get the details. I have PMed you his contact number now.
Dinu, Can you please PM me Darryl's contact number ? I wanted to order B2 size for fiesta.
denomathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 08:14   #249
BHPian

Quote:
I just got off the phone with Darryl. Very helpful guy I must add. I will be checking the gap between the suspension coils and letting him know so that he can send me the right size.

The price is Rs.4300 for a set of four including courier to Bangalore. And 2300 for a set of two, again including courier. Installation instructions while not needed, will still be included.
I think thats the price I paid as well. I wonder what was A1 referring to? Installation is something you can possibly do yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
Dinu, Can you please PM me Darryl's contact number ? I wanted to order B2 size for fiesta.
I have Pmed you the contact number. Fiesta too needs this? I guess manufacturers should start offering this as OE for all their India models
Edit: I just tried sending you the PM. There was a message saying denomathew has chosen not to receive private messages from anyone. Maybe something to do with your setting. By the way Post#20 has got his number

Last edited by dinu2506 : 26th August 2011 at 08:19.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 11:14   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure he's referring to something else. Probably a rubber spacer which is put to increase the height of a car.

Probably something like this (5th pic ) which is made from rubber
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2481733

Last time when I enquired he had quoted 2500Rs to get the Autorunners from Bombay. And bloody 1000Rs for the installation(my blood boild hearing this labour price).
I'm sure he(Fiaz of A1) gets the assisters from Daryll only.

Quote:
I think thats the price I paid as well. I wonder what was A1 referring to? Installation is something you can possibly do yourself.
Agree.
@Tassem ..If you don't have a garage or place to lift the wheels... then better take it to a workshop, who will do this installation for 100Rs (I paid this much, though I have a pvt garage took it to workshop ).

Last edited by sushrutha : 26th August 2011 at 11:21. Reason: provided the link for spacer
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 15:45   #251

Got B2 size for my fiesta(petrol 1.4 EXI, 5years old now) from Darryl. Total cost including shipping :2300Rs(for a pair)
Darryl was very helpful in explaining the fitting procedure in detail and how I can get different comfort levels.

Got it fitted in a local mechanic shop for 250Rs. They had to remove the tyre and disconnect the damper to let the spring expand fully. So its not DIY job on fiesta.

Immediate observation:
Car feels better going over the speed braker. Road near my apartment is in a mess after the drainage work. My car use to rock like a ship while going over this bad patch. After fitting autorunner it went over the same patch without much of a rocking movement.
Above observation is only from 2-3km drive. Need to test its performance with 5people and luggage.
denomathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 15:56   #252
BHPian

This is good news. I'm looking forward to getting this installed. Unfortunately I haven't had time to take the measurements for my car yet. This weekend for sure..
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:43   #253
BHPian

Quote:
This is good news. I'm looking forward to getting this installed. Unfortunately I haven't had time to take the measurements for my car yet. This weekend for sure..
Hi Tassem,

In case you are able to figure out the gap between the coils, please let me know too .. I'm interested in buying it for my Fluidic ..
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 16:00   #254
BHPian

Guys, can i get this installed for my contessa? I have been facing issues like bounciness, scrapping the ground when passing over a speed breaker on full load. Also, facing uncomfortable while maneuvering around the corners.
Any pointers & specifications that i should look out for is appreciated.
Sudhindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 11:12   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Guys, can i get this installed for my contessa? I have been facing issues like bounciness, scrapping the ground when passing over a speed breaker on full load. Also, facing uncomfortable while maneuvering around the corners.
Any pointers & specifications that i should look out for is appreciated.
You can get it installed to any car as long as it has Coil springs.
Why not check with Daryll for the Assisters size of Contessa ?
Assisters will only help in reducing the sagging(To a small extent) of the car when on load and also scraping of the underbelly.
Assisters will not effect(increase) the handling of car.
For cornering, you need stiff suspension & a well designed Stabilizer bar/Anti roll bar
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote