Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th November 2011, 22:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Guys please reply.I need to know how to check my hu firmware version and all.I tried but nothing happened when i pressed 1ff and 6.
Even I did not get it on the first couple of attempts. Keep trying and it works.

Am hoping Wildon finds time to look at this post and respond.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 06:51   #77
BHPian

@WiLDon: Sir, Please let me know if there are any Aux ports on the back of the I20 HU, if there are how many are present. What if We want to use All speakers with Amp and Another amp for Woofer, is it possible to with OEM HU..?
If yes will we be able to control the woofer from the OEM HU..? How...?
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 10:02   #78
BHPian

Hello wildon my friends i20 sportz shows the HU VER M08 S17 D68. does this mean that he is eligible to get a replacement free of cost and also i tried to change the region settings but on rotating the tune knob nothing happens and the region is displayed as India-BT. could please help on how to change it thanks is advance.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 22:45   #79
BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Hi Wildon

I went through your list of tips for the i20 - the rheostat illumination control and glove box lamp were super.

My question:

The sunroof version of the i20 (now available only in the 1.2 Asta Option Pack model) comes with 2 front map lamps. This is in addition to the centre cabin lamp in the roof.

The other versions of the i20 have just the centre cabin lamp.

Can the front map lamps be added to the i20? Please do check on this and let me know as I am considering the i20 automatic.

Thanks and warm regards,
Venkat (Chennai)
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 02:16   #80
BHPian

Hi Wildon,
I got to know that I20 OEM HU is Kenwood. Is there anyway we can get a Steering Remote attached to this Head unit.
We have steering remotes available in the market for the All head units , including Kenwood. Please let us all know if thats possible because only Sports and above I20s get Steering mounted stereo controls.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 11:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant
Hi Wildon,
I got to know that I20 OEM HU is Kenwood. Is there anyway we can get a Steering Remote attached to this Head unit.
We have steering remotes available in the market for the All head units , including Kenwood. Please let us all know if thats possible because only Sports and above I20s get Steering mounted stereo controls.
The conventional steering remotes available in the market won't be compatible, the HU does not have an Infrared receiver IMO.
The only solution is to buy the steering wheel with integrated controls that comes with higher variants. Should cost you around 8-10k without the airbag.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 11:27   #82
BHPian

Hey Wildon,

Mine's a 2012 i20 (crdi sportz), took it for first service and asked the service advisor to enable the autolock!!

To my dismay, he says that this cannot be enabled on the Sportz variant, only the Asta has it. I pestered him to connect the gscan and after which he tried doing it, but, was getting some (communication error) error.

The engine was running, could this be the reason why probably the ecu refused to take any commands? What the SA said was that it was possible to enable this on the older i20's but not on the new gen model's!!

Could you please confirm?

Cheers!
Shrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Here are some features of i20 which you can add in your car with or without additional cost.

1.Auto Door lock at 40kmph - You can activate this feature from the Authorized Service Center.

The central locking enables when you cross the speed of 40 kmph. Also in a scenario if you forgot to lock the car manually with the remote key after parking it - the doors gets locked with in 30 sec.

2.Auto Door Unlock - You can activate this feature from the Authorized Service Center.

The central locking disables when you take out the key from the keyhole making the exit easy as no need to manually unlock the doors.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 18:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

^Maybe they need to upgrade their G-scan's databases to detect the facelifted i20's new ECU firmware!

------------

Btw for the past few days I've been extensively searching online for Brabus and CRD tuned 'Sport' i20's front bumper!

I wanted to integrate DRLs in my i20, but there isn't really a suitable place to position the DRLs for maximum effect! I want complete OEM look and want to place DRLs so that the distance between them = distance between the headlights!

The only way I could integrate DRLs is either I open up the headlights completely and integrate LED DRLs inside the headlamps and close em up! (And while I'm at it, I'll integrate LED high and low beam projectors in place of halogen and reflector assembly!(just something I've thought of for the future!))

OR

I try and get my hands on Brabus tuned i20's front bumper and they have a slot for DRLs to be integrated in! (as shown in below pic)

Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-33355_197143.jpg

Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-hyundaii20sport20222.jpg

Problem is, I cant seem to locate the body kit at all! Brabus seemed to have made a body kit complete with custom front and rear bumpers as you see in the picture, but I just cant find it anywhere!

Any tips regarding either option will he greatly appreciated!
Personally, I would really prefer getting the custom bumper as I wont have to touch the headlamp and bumper removal and installation is a fairly easy process!

Last edited by sohail99 : 21st July 2012 at 19:00.
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 20:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Need a clarification from i20 owners.

When the AC is set to Auto and in recirculation mode, does it draw in fresh air after sometime or will it keep recirculating the used air till we manually switch to Outside air?
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:38   #85
BHPian

I am assuming that it keeps recirculating the air. I manually keep on switching to outside air during a long drive. At times I just rely on the open windows at toll to get some fresh air.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 11:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

A small update after a long time!
I bought and installed a pair of switchback DRLs inside my i20's headlamps!
It was quite a tedious task as I didnt open the HLs at all! Whole of the install was kinda 'laparoscopically' done through the hole for the H4 halogen bulb!

Looks great now! + since its inside the headlamp, its virtually maintenance free and protected from the environment!

Also installed Xpel ultimate film on my tail lamps to protect the lens from scratches! Trying them out on the tail and headlamp lenses first before moving onto installing the film on the paint! So far, they work great on the lenses! Looking forward to covering up most of my paintwork with it in the future!

And last but no the least, installed sho-me flasher in my car to strobe the amber LEDs in emergency flash mode!

The video shows the module running in 'Demo' mode in which it randomly shows all individually selectable strobe/flashing patterns from the module!
I wired it so that it works completely independent of the stock signalling and hazard system in the car! So, I can use both the stock indicators and stock hazard signalling as well as the sho-me unit independently!

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:15   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys!

A Query from one of my friends who owns an i20 Sportz (2010 Model)

His car stereo does not seem to play songs from all USBs. It only plays songs from one of the USBs (which is pretty old and has only 1GB storage).

He has tried formatting his new and old USBs and reloaded all the songs into his 3 USBs (2 new and the old one!!). Irrespective of this.. the car stereo still plays the songs from the old USB ONLY... When the new USBs with increased capacities are plugged-in the stereo scans for the songs and then jumps out...

Any idea what is to be done to overcome this problem?
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:20   #88
BHPian

The auto lock function does not work on the new i-gen i20 . The service guys told me that they are not able to set it to active on thenew models.
nettooran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 18:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
The auto lock function does not work on the new i-gen i20 . The service guys told me that they are not able to set it to active on thenew models.
Is it confirmed that the Auto-lock will not work on the latest variants of the i20?

Anybody got a clue whether the armrest can be retrofitted? Guess they have it only on the top-end models and I have a Magna.
Sinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 16:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Is it confirmed that the Auto-lock will not work on the latest variants of the i20?

Anybody got a clue whether the armrest can be retrofitted? Guess they have it only on the top-end models and I have a Magna.
Auto-lock will not work on the iGen variants!

As for the arm-rest the Asta has an integrated seat armrest that can manually go all the way up and parallel to the seat or can be brought down. The cubby hole between the two front seats can accommodate an after market armrest which are available at many car accessories fitment shops!
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote