Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th April 2015, 22:04   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Clutch gets stiff during nonstop driving for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
My car's clutch get very stiff when I drive non-stop for atleast 10 minutes averaging at 100-120 kmph - There's absolutely no gear shift, no clutch usage and no braking - best experienced in NICE corridor of Bangalore). When the need for a downshift comes (say at toll gates or changing lanes), I realise that the clutch has become a lot stiffer and on using it 2-3 times it regains back the stock feel. Is this behaviour asking for a preventive check or any sort of adjustment ?
Hi Folks. I have been experiencing the same issue with my 2007 Aug SX4. It has covered 63000Kms and absolutely no clutch driving. I have also reported this during the last service but the Service advisor did not seem to take it seriously. Though, there is absolutely no problem, I am just worried. Does anyone here have an idea what could be possibly wrong. Devsoftec, were you able to resolve this issue and if yes, How?
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 00:35   #17
BHPian

Based on suggestions from this thread, I had got the brake and clutch lines bleeding done. The stiffness had gone away. I would suggest you to go for the bleeding and brake fluid topup, and then rule out this problem in stages. Also do not rule out the aging related issues inherent to the following:
1. clutch master cylinder - replace
2. the seals - replace
3. the clutch drive ball - grease it

Some parts costs you might be interested to know (in case you need to replace them):
1. PART #23810N79J01 - CYLINDER ASSY, CLUTCH MASTER - approx INT 1276
2. PART #23820M79J00 - CYLINDER ASSY, CLUTCH SLAVE - 3137
3. PART #23856M86J00 - JOINT, CLUTCH OIL

P.S.: I have sold my SX4 a year back, so unfortunately won't be able to give you apple-to-apple comparison, but I trust this should help you.
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 11:36   #18
BHPian

devsoftech, I could not thank you more for the information that you have shared. It gave me a good perspective of what I should ask the mechanic to check.
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote