Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th November 2011, 11:05   #16
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Brake warp issue in Fiesta

I had got my front disc on Ikon 1.6 replaced by a friendly neighborhood garage.
Got a similar problem while braking at high speeds.

Got the Rotors checked on the lathe and one of them was out of center hence was rotating at a very small angle, rather then being in perfect alignment . Got it replaced and no problem since.

So before putting the rotors on, check if the center is proper because even if you get it turned on the lathe, the problem might crop up later again.

Last edited by SRK : 10th November 2011 at 11:07.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 20:57   #17

Default Servicing of Toyota Corolla 2007 model

I took my Toyota Corolla 2007 for servicing to Annamalais Toyota, Thudiyalur, Coimbatore. This is the first time I had gone there for servicing.

The earlier servicing was done in Bangalore. I have had no problems with the car. My driver asked me to check the wheel Alignment. It has run 77061 Kms. The last service was done in Nandi toyota at 70395 Kms. Wheel alignment and wheel balancing was done at that time.

The servicing was done in the 60 minutes service.

I was surprised when the servicing took more than Three hours. Then it was explained to me that The Two Wheel Discs Front RHS and Rear were both bent. I have owned a car from 1973 and has never heard of Disc Brakes being bent. This happens only when the Car meets with an accident and falls into a gutter. It is also noticeable. They were charging Rs. 9000 per disc for changing the disc.

I did not change the disc. My driver told me that it is not possible for the Brake discs to be bent. The next day we went to another workshop who deals in all cars. He also confirmed that it is not possible for the Brake discs to be bent without noticing it while driving. We did the wheel alignment and wheel balancing in that workshop.

Has anyone come across such an incident? Where a major defect is pointed out without it actually being possible.
Nickey_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:30   #18

Default Re: Servicing of Toyota Corolla 2007 model

Bending of disc brakes. Even a Google search did not yield many results. It seems to be happening In Bikes and not Cars.

The Wiki article on Disc Brakes does not talk about Bending at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:47   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nickey,

Perhaps the service advisor used the wrong term. He might have meant that your brake discs are warped. Do you feel any vibration when the brake pedal is used? Including at speed?

If not, he was just trying to scam you.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:46   #20

He has given in writing "front RHS and rear both disc bend". I do not feel any vibration when the Brake pedal is used.
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:49   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey_45 View Post
He has given in writing "front RHS and rear both disc bend". I do not feel any vibration when the Brake pedal is used.
If the rotor is bent, 100% you will feel vibrations. Or any difference in braking. If braking is touchwood, dont bother to change the brake rotors. Its probably a scam.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote