Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 14:38   #31
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

12th May

Off late wifey just noticed this small bubble on our rear windscreen, I thought it must a air bubble but was wondering how come I did not notice this as it has been nearing 2 months after the installation of 3M RE35.

VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p1000103.jpg

But being a true TBHPian investigated further with my ZS7's 12x optical zoom and found this

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1190
Size:  143.4 KB
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-2.jpg

So TATA here I come
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 14:52   #32
Newbie
 
sreepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

^ Its not advisable to put a film on the rear window when it has a rear demister. When the demister heats up, it creates those bubbles in the film. Although I'm saying that, I've got my vista's rear window tinted and have used the rear demister only 5-6 times. Never faced this problem though. Do you use the demister frequently?
sreepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 16:21   #33
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default VISTA 2011 Rear Demister complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepy View Post
Do you use the demister frequently?
I have used it just once as far as my memory goes. But nowadays all cars are seen with sun control films even though they have demisters. And moreover haven't come across a case of demister line getting burnt cos of a sun control film till date.

Experts can chip in.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 21st May 2011 at 16:23.
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 16:51   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 194
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: VISTA 2011 Rear Demister complaint

I don't think the demister line is burnt, it is the 3M film which has burnt due to the intense heat from the demister. This was a problem mentioned for 3M films when i got mine installed as well. So use it sparingly and done leave it on when not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I have used it just once as far as my memory goes. But nowadays all cars are seen with sun control films even though they have demisters. And moreover haven't come across a case of demister line getting burnt cos of a sun control film till date.

Experts can chip in.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 23:13   #35
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: VISTA 2011 Rear Demister complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I don't think the demister line is burnt, it is the 3M film which has burnt due to the intense heat from the demister. This was a problem mentioned for 3M films when i got mine installed as well. So use it sparingly and done leave it on when not needed
The film is only burnt? No way cos if you cud see the 3rd pic I posted it clearly shows the disintegration of the demister line. Btw did you come across this kind of a problem with rear sun film installed for your vista?
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:04   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,349 Times
Default Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

I have had a 3M RE35 sunfilm on my rear windshield for more than a year now and I have never faced any issues till date. This seems to be a one of a kind and please do get it rectified from Tata. To me it looks more like a demister issue more than the film. But, not entirely sure.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:20   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,297
Thanked: 664 Times
Default Re: VISTA 2011 Rear Demister complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
The film is only burnt? No way cos if you cud see the 3rd pic I posted it clearly shows the disintegration of the demister line.
If the demister has disintegrated or burnt out, won't it stop working? Not to say you can actually test that in the summer, though

I think the sun film has burnt out and maybe during cleaning or something the burnt bits were scrubbed away along with the coating over the line itself?

I've got 3M tints installed on the rear screen. I've only used the demister maybe thrice (mostly to test) in the last 3 years, and never for more than maybe 10 seconds. No trouble so far.

Does it mention anything about installing sun film on the rear glass anywhere in the manual? Like a warning or disclaimer? If it doesn't then this should be covered under warranty. Verbal from anyone doesn't count, IMHO.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 00:40   #38
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 598
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: VISTA 2011 Rear Demister complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
The film is only burnt? No way cos if you cud see the 3rd pic I posted it clearly shows the disintegration of the demister line. Btw did you come across this kind of a problem with rear sun film installed for your vista?
Got my sunfilm when we got the car. The Tata guys (BU Bhandari, Pune) did the film. They had cut strips of the film and put it between the heating lines. No issues till I lost my rear glass. (more on this when I post my LONG overdue ownership report).
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 12:07   #39
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Kudos TATA - A Happy Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I don't think the demister line is burnt, it is the 3M film which has burnt due to the intense heat from the demister. This was a problem mentioned for 3M films when i got mine installed as well. So use it sparingly and done leave it on when not needed.

Both the film and the demister line is burnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I have had a 3M RE35 sunfilm on my rear windshield for more than a year now and I have never faced any issues till date. This seems to be a one of a kind and please do get it rectified from Tata. To me it looks more like a demister issue more than the film. But, not entirely sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
If the demister has disintegrated or burnt out, won't it stop working? Not to say you can actually test that in the summer, though

I think the sun film has burnt out and maybe during cleaning or something the burnt bits were scrubbed away along with the coating over the line itself?

I've got 3M tints installed on the rear screen. I've only used the demister maybe thrice (mostly to test) in the last 3 years, and never for more than maybe 10 seconds. No trouble so far.

I Used it only once for hardly 15 seconds or so.

Does it mention anything about installing sun film on the rear glass anywhere in the manual? Like a warning or disclaimer? If it doesn't then this should be covered under warranty. Verbal from anyone doesn't count, IMHO.

Did not care to look at the manual but I was stubborn enough about getting it replaced by TATA
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Got my sunfilm when we got the car. The Tata guys (BU Bhandari, Pune) did the film. They had cut strips of the film and put it between the heating lines. No issues till I lost my rear glass. (more on this when I post my LONG overdue ownership report).

I had the same style followed on my Esteem but I feel it looks cool with single cut films than those multi cuts. Waiting for your ownership report

Thanx everybody for your valuable replies.

Had been to Autozone T.A.S.C with this complaint, the first response I got from one of the SA is that the demister line is burnt at 2 places and warranty will not be applicable as its not advised to install sun film on the rear windshield with demister so I had 2 options now either live with the same or change it on my own expense. I did not even bother to ask the price of a new windshield.

I asked them if its not permitted then why are they pasting those films and why 3M is authorized by TATA and I demanded that I meet the person who is in charge of warranty issues @ Autozone. Then comes the warranty claims manager whose name I don't remember who too said the same about warranty being void but on seeing the 3M logo he immediately said he cannot promise anything but will try for getting it replaced under warranty.

He bought his camera with no charge to take photos so I shot a few pics (1 shot with TBHP sticker on my windshield) and emailed it to warranty claims Mgr. Now after 3 days of wait got a SMS from TATA saying that my complaint is honoured and I can get the replacement done once the windshield arrives @ Autozone.
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 12:18   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,297
Thanked: 664 Times
Smile Re: Kudos TATA - A Happy Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
He bought his camera with no charge to take photos so I shot a few pics (1 shot with TBHP sticker on my windshield) and emailed it to warranty claims Mgr.
Typical Tata A.S.S, but I'm glad that they went through the effort of checking with Tata Motors and that your claim has been honoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Now after 3 days of wait got a SMS from TATA saying that my complaint is honoured and I can get the replacement done once the windshield arrives @ Autozone.
So overall a positive end, though not a particularly pleasing incident.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 14:40   #41
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Kudos TATA - A Happy Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Thanx everybody for your valuable replies.

Had been to Autozone T.A.S.C with this complaint, the first response I got from one of the SA is that the demister line is burnt at 2 places and warranty will not be applicable as its not advised to install sun film on the rear windshield with demister so I had 2 options now either live with the same or change it on my own expense. I did not even bother to ask the price of a new windshield.

I asked them if its not permitted then why are they pasting those films and why 3M is authorized by TATA and I demanded that I meet the person who is in charge of warranty issues @ Autozone. Then comes the warranty claims manager whose name I don't remember who too said the same about warranty being void but on seeing the 3M logo he immediately said he cannot promise anything but will try for getting it replaced under warranty.

He bought his camera with no charge to take photos so I shot a few pics (1 shot with TBHP sticker on my windshield) and emailed it to warranty claims Mgr. Now after 3 days of wait got a SMS from TATA saying that my complaint is honoured and I can get the replacement done once the windshield arrives @ Autozone.

smrtdvl-Glad that your getting the warranty honored..My car is due for the 2nd service.TAFE or AUTOZONE,which would u suggest and why?I am asking u this cos of the hopeless experience i had at Chennai concorde.

P.S I might have some clutch work to be carried out.There's some humming noise in the 2nd and 3rd gears.Concorde couldn't get this sorted out
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 21:57   #42
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Kudos TATA - A Happy Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
smrtdvl-Glad that your getting the warranty honored..My car is due for the 2nd service.TAFE or AUTOZONE,which would u suggest and why?I am asking u this cos of the hopeless experience i had at Chennai concorde.
Autozone it is Sam.k, TAFE is normally overcrowded and the way you are received is pathetic. It's like take it or leave it attitude as they are the ones for TATA - FIAT. But AFAIK Autozone is an exclusive TASC for TATA cars only and i really loved the way they handle customers and cars too except for the interior cleaning part.
smrtdvl is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 18:34   #43
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Kudos TATA - A Happy Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Autozone it is Sam.k, TAFE is normally overcrowded and the way you are received is pathetic. It's like take it or leave it attitude as they are the ones for TATA - FIAT. But AFAIK Autozone is an exclusive TASC for TATA cars only and i really loved the way they handle customers and cars too except for the interior cleaning part.
Got my car back from Autozone.They certainly know how to treat their customers and are patient enough to listen to our woes.I dealt with one Mr.Jeeva and he was really courteous and informative.My front fogs have water in them and will be changes under warranty once they get new ones available.The center console rattling,especially around the ICE has been there ever since i put in the pioneer and i was told that in vista,there is no support at the rear of the head units(they remain suspended from the front) and thats the reason for the rattles.They did a fantastic job with the car wash/cleaning part.

nO IL CHANGE DONE.....THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO CHANGE IT DURING SECOND SERVICE!

There is something bothering me now... and I dont know if i have noticed it before...dark smoke is emitted during hard acceleration in the 2nd gear,i can see it on my RVM'S.Is this something to worry about,cos i find it hard to digest considering the car is just 3 months old!
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 13:10   #44
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Kudos TATA - A Happy Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post

nO IL CHANGE DONE.....THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO CHANGE IT DURING SECOND SERVICE!

There is something bothering me now... and I dont know if i have noticed it before...dark smoke is emitted during hard acceleration in the 2nd gear,i can see it on my RVM'S.Is this something to worry about,cos i find it hard to digest considering the car is just 3 months old!
Hey Sam.k so here goes one more happy Autozone customer

Reg the oil change TATA recommends oil change only after 10k kms, so Autozone sticks to it and they don.t change it until and unless we insist. For the black smoke part I think you've got the replies
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 12:47   #45
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default VISTA door sill plates pls

Guys can somebody point me a place where I can get Vista's door sill plates? I've searched in Ebay they have all other models except for vista.
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ritz Vxi or Vista Aqua QDJ? EDIT : Vista QDJ Aqua booked !! Sam.k Hatchbacks 59 2nd March 2011 17:03
Desi "Overhaulin and Pimp My Ride" ramie2400 Modifications & Accessories 20 7th March 2007 23:04
Bangla 'desi' hummer...i want one!!! ashutoshb The International Automotive Scene 5 14th November 2006 04:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks