Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th April 2012, 13:57   #61
BHPian

Default Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Hey, how much did the scratch removal cost? do you know if AutoZone has a branch in Bangalore?
I am due for my third service next month, jsut crossed 9K kms yesterday, and have a few dents and stuff to get fixed as well.
Sorry for the delayed reply bigvishnu. The scratch removal made me poorer by Rs.2978 and autozone does not have any branches except for one more at coimbatore.
smrtdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 14:30   #62
BHPian

Life @ 10436 Kms

Got my third free service done on 20/12/11 (sorry for the laziness). Total bill came up to Rs.4489 and the breakup is as follows

Mobil1 3.2l Eng Oil - 3214
Oil Filter - 349
Wuerth Scr Wash,
battery spray, etc - 140
Wheel Balance - 200
Wheel weights - 26

Apart from this I was charged Rs. 2978 for the scratch removal. As for the overall service experience part I had asked for a Fog lamp change as there was moisture formation inside the lamp but these guys said it'll go off after a few minutes of usage. So took delivery of the vehicle without letting them clean my interiors.

28/12/2011

Back at AUTOZONE for the fog lamp change as the moisture reappeared and the paint has caved in a bit showing the areas the scratch was present. Fog lamp replaced under warranty and one more paint coating was done.

As usual the car is doing awesome especially on long drives and it has got competition too, a white figo is at office. Will post the comparisons in the upcoming posts.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Life @ 10436 Kms

Got my third free service done on 20/12/11 (sorry for the laziness). Total bill came up to Rs.4489 and the breakup is as follows

Mobil1 3.2l Eng Oil - 3214
Oil Filter - 349
Wuerth Scr Wash,
battery spray, etc - 140
Wheel Balance - 200
Wheel weights - 26

Apart from this I was charged Rs. 2978 for the scratch removal. As for the overall service experience part I had asked for a Fog lamp change as there was moisture formation inside the lamp but these guys said it'll go off after a few minutes of usage. So took delivery of the vehicle without letting them clean my interiors.

28/12/2011

Back at AUTOZONE for the fog lamp change as the moisture reappeared and the paint has caved in a bit showing the areas the scratch was present. Fog lamp replaced under warranty and one more paint coating was done.

As usual the car is doing awesome especially on long drives and it has got competition too, a white figo is at office. Will post the comparisons in the upcoming posts.
Hi smrtdvl,

Thanks for the details. So did the front squeek over speed breakers get resolved in the service?
I believe it would be dead bushings and a little lose anti-roll bar at the front. Get those checked if the problem persists. I know I'm almost half an year late in replying
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 08:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hi smrtdvl,

Thanks for the details. So did the front squeek over speed breakers get resolved in the service?
I believe it would be dead bushings and a little lose anti-roll bar at the front. Get those checked if the problem persists. I know I'm almost half an year late in replying
Thanks for the concern Reinhard. Yup it got resolved in the prev service itself and I've posted the bill and you are bang on target guessing the culprits as well.

Jan 2012

Had been to kodai with family and vista's adjusted high seating position offered me great view of the road and in fact the A pillar blindspot was also reduced to an extent. Discovered that this high seating position gave the confidence to do speeds around 120 Kmh after hitting the plains even @ night.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:56   #65
BHPian

Exclamation Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

Suddenly noticed there was a steering vibration once I reach 100kmph and it disappears once i cross 110kmph. Ignored it and had gone for a trip to coorg and tried to maintain speeds at 110kmph to avoid the vibration. After my coorg trip there was no highway drives and it was almost 3 months of only city running so I didn't notice anything. But off late on a trip to salem the car returned with figures of 13kmpl so took it for wheel balancing and alignment and found out that it was out of place resulting in the front tyres getting worn out inside. so reversed the tyres and headed for a trip to mysore and now the car is back to its original self and it returned a mileage of 18kmpl
Old 24th February 2013, 00:34   #66
BHPian

Due to my laziness did not update the thread till date. But I felt am not doing justice by browsing TBHP everyday and not updating my thread. So here I am writing about my 20k final free service.

The AC recirculation motor was again changed under warranty. Regular oil changes and a complete interior cleanup by 3M guys and the car was grinning to glory.

But there has been a scratch done purposely when the car was parked near a marriage hall in the early morning. It extends to both the doors on the right so TASC is quoting me 7k for the paint job whereas a local workshop has given a quote of 3k. Will be getting it done sometime during April.

Apart from that the car is a gem and is a dream to be driven on highways. Looking for a horn change without affecting the extended warranty something like the one in polo.