Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th June 2011, 22:03   #31
BANNED

Default Re: '95 118 NE Practicality wins over heart and mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Thanks everyone!!

@Pavan: Wheel caps are archived. I plan to put the Palio's steel rims shortly. Also, I kind of agree and disagree with over coat. Pics some times could be deceptive. Once you see the car in person, I will explain why I think what I think now.

The whole of next week i will be driving around in the NE.

So please do call me whenever, i shall meet up with you.

What a treat to watch 2 VERY ORIGINAL NE's together
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 22:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The whole of next week i will be driving around in the NE.

So please do call me whenever, i shall meet up with you.

What a treat to watch 2 VERY ORIGINAL NE's together

I am waiting since long to see your NE after restoration. I will call you this week sometime and we shall catch up some time at a convenient time and place.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 23:06   #33
BHPian

Dei! Lookin at pictures of the 118 NE are just awesome. The new coral blue looks absolutely mint. I remember that dashboard HUD clock so well in my dads old office car. I would keep staring at it when I was a kid and wonder why it wasn't moving like the speedo. Then someone told me it was a clock haha!

Keep us posted with some more updates, and I'd definitely want to drive around the garden city in this beauty. It will be wonderful during monsoon.
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 20:19   #34
BANNED

Karthik, It was a real pleasure to drive your all new NE. As soon as I sat inside all I could feel was nothing other than EarthQuake. The Transplantation has come out superb. Thanks alot for the drive Bro.

I could smell and hear the EarthQuake roaring. The firing of Headers as mind-blowing. All that is missing to make it a Complete EQ is the ICE.

Hope to see them very soon.
GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 10:48   #35
BHPian

Hi Karthik,
You car is simply awesome. Looks like a showroom piece. Will be envied by every NE enthusiast. Urgently needs a lemon and chilli in front of it .
By the way I see 1 more of my pasisions in this picture. A Lambro 175.
Attached Thumbnails
'95 118 NE Practicality wins over heart and mind-dsc00789.jpg  

ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 15:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way, I seem to have some issues with the speedometer. I am unsure how to tacke with this. Here are the symptoms:
1) Some times meter light doesn't come on at all, at this point the H/L works fine. After a while it starts working by itself.
2) Sometimes the fuel gauge shows as full/empty even though its not full or empty respectively. Temp gauge would be working properly at this time.
3) Same like above happens with temperature gauge. The fuel gauge would be working properly at this time.
4) Some times both temp and fuel gauge show full or empty.

Is it issue with the meter or the wiring needs to be checked?
Can someone help me out with this issue. Sometimes, these silly issues drive me mad
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 16:42   #37
BHPian

hey funkycar, you live in KP West?? I stay in 1st cross drive a white civic, if u do we should catch up.I used to have premier padmini, I too love Fiats
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 16:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me out with this issue. Sometimes, these silly issues drive me mad
Dude go to sebastin in KP West.He should be able to solve your problem
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 16:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

^ Good to know that we live in the same locality. I stay just some 100mts from Sebastian's. I just wanted to check out before hand if its the meter or the elecricals. He is one the best in business when it comes to electricals and would check out with him this Saturday.

I stay on Shopping street. You might have noticed one of my NE's/PP's parked besides the park and sometimes opposite to Hopcoms if you happened to pass through in that area. Recently, most of my cars are parked in office basement due to some construction work going on in my street which dirty the parked cars quickly.

Where do you stay? We can surely catch up some time
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday was a pretty eventful day for my re-incarnated EarthQuake. I can finally now call her EarthQuake, leaving behind re-incarnated. Its also called as Bluey, I would want to explore possibilities of changing that to Blackey.

Yesterday, got the whole of the music system implanted. It now sports a Pioneer USB player, 400W ovals, a sub-woofer and a 4 channel amplifier. The Pioneer USB player is a new one. The old one did not have a USB. One of the two sub woofers were damaged. One of the 2 amplifiers were too old. Now that I had to remove one sub-woofer, I also parted with the old 2 channel amp. All in all the car still rocks and still has the thump that my older NE had.

Later in the day, I took all my Palio rims, got it modified and fixed them on my car and filled with nitrogen. The black rims look pretty sporty now. I also had alignment work done. Alignment is not very satisfactory and since it was very late yesterday, decided to take her for a re-inspection on Saturday.

I did not take any pictures of any of the works. during weekend, I will take some pics and post.

@Pavan Kadam: Can I paint my car black after dulling the existing paint? I do not want to strip the complete paint and do it over again. Before you say, why spoil the originality, my answer would be 'I AM LIKE THAT ONLY'. I am sure by now you know what I am and how crankily I think. I have never seen any NE painted black. I have seen 124 in black and I felt it looks awesome.
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:42   #41
BANNED

Dear Karthik Makam:

I am extremely happy with the outcome of ErthQuake. She drives like a rocket. Long live NEs.

When is next FCB Meet?
EARTHed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

^ Thank you sir.

I hope you liked it when you drove my car. My mechanic told me that you had been there for some parts for your Fiat and you disappeared with my car for 2 hours. My mechanic frantically called to inform that the car has not come back. When I asked for the description of person who drove my car off, I knew it was you!! Its still not perfect. In a couple of weeks, try again and see the difference.

FCB meet: More likely mid July. Will keep you informed.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:50   #43
BANNED

Dear Karthik:

Extremely sorry for the inconvenience. I had been to the airport in your EQ as I had to collect some parts from the customs which I had ordered for my MG.

I was very impressed with the performance in lpg.
EARTHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Can I paint my car black after dulling the existing paint?
Black colored 118NE without any tinted glass, alloy wheels, Chrome or aluminium strips for the windows. Mmmm, would look awesome.
But if you want a shortcut job, just scrub off little of old paint and give a coat of black then be prepared to see traces of underlying blue paint over an year or two. You can find such traces especially at sharp corners and near the glass beadings.
Attached Images

ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:25   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Yesterday was a pretty eventful day for my re-incarnated EarthQuake. I can finally now call her EarthQuake, leaving behind re-incarnated. Its also called as Bluey, I would want to explore possibilities of changing that to Blackey.

Yesterday, got the whole of the music system implanted. It now sports a Pioneer USB player, 400W ovals, a sub-woofer and a 4 channel amplifier. The Pioneer USB player is a new one. The old one did not have a USB. One of the two sub woofers were damaged. One of the 2 amplifiers were too old. Now that I had to remove one sub-woofer, I also parted with the old 2 channel amp. All in all the car still rocks and still has the thump that my older NE had.

Later in the day, I took all my Palio rims, got it modified and fixed them on my car and filled with nitrogen. The black rims look pretty sporty now. I also had alignment work done. Alignment is not very satisfactory and since it was very late yesterday, decided to take her for a re-inspection on Saturday.

I did not take any pictures of any of the works. during weekend, I will take some pics and post.

@Pavan Kadam: Can I paint my car black after dulling the existing paint? I do not want to strip the complete paint and do it over again. Before you say, why spoil the originality, my answer would be 'I AM LIKE THAT ONLY'. I am sure by now you know what I am and how crankily I think. I have never seen any NE painted black. I have seen 124 in black and I felt it looks awesome.
WHOA The EQ is back with all the Music System transplant done. I eagerly want to have a Quake in my stomach.

Palio's Black Rim should look Uber cool and sexy making the EQ more Evilish on roads.

Karthik, I may drop in anytime to have a look at the beloved Can't wait.

@Earthed, you are really lucky Sir for having an opportunity to drive the EQ all the way till Airport and back.
GreenDay is offline   Reply With Quote