Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:36   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Hi Anil,

Congratulations on your buy and the wonderful review !

I just love the Stanley seat covers & the floor mats that you have put. If ok with you, can you please let me know the price of both of them?

Although do understand your concern of maintaining these black mats, but would also agree with Ventolute that the rounded shape of the mats would help in stopping the dirt from spilling over to different parts of the cars, specially those small areas underneath & sides of the seats which are really difficult to clean.

Looking forward to the new HU that you would install & a review of the same.
ankan_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 16:00   #47
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
I havent seen the mats in flesh. But mats are bound to get dirty, be it black or beige.From the pics, i guess the advantage of having these Kagu mats, is :
1. the prefect fit and finish ,
2, having those raised sidewalls, which helps in accumulating the dust and dirt, making it much easier to clean , by removing everything in one go and avoid, it spreading to other areas.

Owners please correct me if I am wrong.
The perfect quality, fit, finish & the raised edges is what makes these mats worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Subodh s custom ICE (fotos and review) is out . Check out the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post2362928

It looks neat and way better than the Pioneer setup.
Yes, am glued to it on Blackberry & Tab even when i can't access a computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Hi Anil,

Congratulations on your buy and the wonderful review !

I just love the Stanley seat covers & the floor mats that you have put. If ok with you, can you please let me know the price of both of them?

Although do understand your concern of maintaining these black mats, but would also agree with Ventolute that the rounded shape of the mats would help in stopping the dirt from spilling over to different parts of the cars, specially those small areas underneath & sides of the seats which are really difficult to clean.

Looking forward to the new HU that you would install & a review of the same.
Thanks Ankan. You can read my thread in its entirety to get all details you need, else you can PM me. HU will be shortlisted soon, for sure.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 10:54   #48
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default One Month Update

Not updated my thread for a while. Had a good drive to town last night. Went for dinner to Leo's. Total drive of 45kms. Overall got 10.3 km/l on the MID which in my opinion was good as i was mostly on the tiptronic on the Sealink, Haji Ali & Marine Drive. Very decent. Shame that the Vento gives better mileage than my i10 AT. Oh and another thing, the car has just done a princely 350 kms in this first month of ownership.

Just another point which my Mom noticed yesterday as she was sitting on the back seat. The back was bobbing & bouncing up & down & in her words, is no match for our Logan's back seat comfort & suspension set-up. We have still not sold the Logan & intend to keep it as long as we can. The consistent city mileage of 15km/l may have something to do with it.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 12:15   #49
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Got this by courier yesterday.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-vento-monsoon.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-vento1.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-vento2.jpg

Still have not been able to find a suitable HU. The hunt is still on.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 14:28   #50
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

I got that too, Anil. A few members have been complaining that the service they got wasn't the best, but I am used to having someone poke their head under the hood of my cars every 6 months, so will probably book an appointment.

Any issues faced? Maybe I am imagining it but the AT shifting of my car seems to have become jerky of late, especially in D. Say I am going in D3 and ease my foot off th accelerator seeing some traffic ahead. It jumps into D4 and then slowly eases back down. Can't explain- maybe I should shoot video.

Anyway, am planning to ask them about it at the Monsoon checkup!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 17:15   #51
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I got that too, Anil. A few members have been complaining that the service they got wasn't the best, but I am used to having someone poke their head under the hood of my cars every 6 months, so will probably book an appointment.

Any issues faced? Maybe I am imagining it but the AT shifting of my car seems to have become jerky of late, especially in D. Say I am going in D3 and ease my foot off th accelerator seeing some traffic ahead. It jumps into D4 and then slowly eases back down. Can't explain- maybe I should shoot video.

Anyway, am planning to ask them about it at the Monsoon checkup!
I have not faced any issue of that sort. Touchwood. Been a smooth ride till now. I am planning to book an appointment soon before my Goa holiday on 18th July.

Have you found a suitable HU Anoop? I have maintained 33psi on all tyres. Mine are the OEM Apollo's, so is it ok?

What specific/special precautions do i need to take with the leather seats this monsoon? Any particular leather protector i can use on my seats? And how often? Could T-bhpian's enlighten me please?
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 20:09   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Have you found a suitable HU Anoop? I have maintained 33psi on all tyres. Mine are the OEM Apollo's, so is it ok?
Nope- have retained the stock HU for now. Not for want of choice, mind you! But spending 40K for a HU seemed excessive.
33 PSI is what I am maintainng all around, as well
Quote:
What specific/special precautions do i need to take with the leather seats this monsoon? Any particular leather protector i can use on my seats? And how often? Could T-bhpian's enlighten me please?
You get these leather wipes at any car accessories store that are supposed to be great for cleaning off stains and such. Also, be sure to instruct your regular rear seaters to plan their ingress correctly- foot on the mat and NOT the leather seat or fabric matting. I have trained my 5 year old to do this .
I have the Amway leather cleaner which I have yet to try out- will give it a shot this weekend and confirm.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:16   #53
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Anil, no updates for over a month. Hope everything OK? I got my monsoon checkup done- pretty uneventful and painless (updated in Fraulein's thread). How are your interiors holding up in the monsoons? Mine get atrociously muddy!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:36   #54
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Anil, no updates for over a month. Hope everything OK? I got my monsoon checkup done- pretty uneventful and painless (updated in Fraulein's thread). How are your interiors holding up in the monsoons? Mine get atrociously muddy!
Hey Anoop,
Have been tied up with work so have not had much time to either drive the Vento, hence no updates. The car has done 400kms till now, yes you read it right, 400kms. The thing is that i drive the Logan to office & mom drives the i10. Mom left for her annual trip to the US last Wed & i have been bringing the i10 to work since then. We have to get rid of the Logan soon to make full justice to the Vento purchase. The thing is that my monthly usage for the office car varies around 800-1000kms & the home car barely does 200-300kms per month.

Its getting hard selling the Logan because, honestly speaking, its not giving us any problems, plus the diesel advantage alongwith great mileage in these times is not helping the cause.

I did not give the car for monsoon check-up too as my last holiday was 1st May, the next is 15th August. I'm working 7 days a week, hence no time. I just need to take care of the leather seats & have been too lazy to hunt for a good leather protector.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:54   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,698
Thanked: 3,890 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Hi Anil, quite late to get into this thread. Thanks to Noopster that he mentioned about this thread in one of his post!

Congratulations! Lovely choice and I really liked the black leathers. The black gels quite well with the slightly black-brownish plastics of the Vento.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:21   #56
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi Anil, quite late to get into this thread. Thanks to Noopster that he mentioned about this thread in one of his post!

Congratulations! Lovely choice and I really liked the black leathers. The black gels quite well with the slightly black-brownish plastics of the Vento.
Thanks a lot VB. Yes the leather seats have really had a lot of compliments in my circle & everyone has loved the touch, feel, fit, Passat type design, finish & how well the Black Stanley's blend in with the Vento plastics as well as the Kagu Mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Anil, no updates for over a month. Hope everything OK? I got my monsoon checkup done- pretty uneventful and painless (updated in Fraulein's thread). How are your interiors holding up in the monsoons? Mine get atrociously muddy!
Anoop, have you bought the extended warranty? I have not called the showroom yet as the last time i had inquired, the extended warranty scheme was not yet introduced. Please do let me know.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:32   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

^^ No I haven't. Someone mentioned it is 11,900/- for 2 additional years. Seemed a little excessive to me. Also, knowing VW, they will probably find a way to "prove" that whatever the defect is was caused by wear and tear rather than manufacturing.

Dealer does not engage proactively at all, which is a big difference from the likes of MAS and Hyundai, who call(ed) me for any service due, service just completed, random feedback, insurance due (when done through dealer) etc. etc. VW is like: you bought the car, YOU call us. Having said that my first experience with the service statin was quite pleasant- thank God for small mercies.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:36   #58
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ No I haven't. Someone mentioned it is 11,900/- for 2 additional years. Seemed a little excessive to me. Also, knowing VW, they will probably find a way to "prove" that whatever the defect is was caused by wear and tear rather than manufacturing.

Dealer does not engage proactively at all, which is a big difference from the likes of MAS and Hyundai, who call(ed) me for any service due, service just completed, random feedback, insurance due (when done through dealer) etc. etc. VW is like: you bought the car, YOU call us. Having said that my first experience with the service statin was quite pleasant- thank God for small mercies.
Why i am keen on it is that i also want to know what all is 'covered' in the Extended Warranty? What all is included/excluded in my main area of concern. Plus, IMO with the Germans, its better to be covered for as long as possible.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 12:40   #59
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Time to change the OEM ICE System. Will go to the showroom to check out the IPL Edition System. Not getting much feedback on the CASKA from the distributor. Anybody here got idea's? Want to change it by Wednesday max. Will not change the speakers though. Just the HU. The sound quality is not really that bad even with the original OEM, but neither as good as my Logan Amp/Woofer setup, obviously.

Also will finally check out the Extended Warranty scheme they're offering while i'm at it.

In the meanwhile, nothing eventful about the car. Just like the clean & classic design which i appreciate more with each passing day. Love the very bright lighting in the cabin & the soft fade-out when you thud the doors shut. And still get a complement for the black leather seats every time a new person sees it. Best decision i took to get it done. Just overall enhances the look one notch higher. Don't intend to change the tyres at all, will use them till they last. No complaints about the F.E. when it gives you much more mileage than your smaller i10 AT.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 14th August 2011 at 12:41. Reason: Ext. Warranty
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 13:02   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,698
Thanked: 3,890 Times
Default Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
In the meanwhile, nothing eventful about the car. Just like the clean & classic design which i appreciate more with each passing day. Love the very bright lighting in the cabin & the soft fade-out when you thud the doors shut. And still get a complement for the black leather seats every time a new person sees it. Best decision i took to get it done. Just overall enhances the look one notch higher. Don't intend to change the tyres at all, will use them till they last. No complaints about the F.E. when it gives you much more mileage than your smaller i10 AT.
Well, those black seats are the best I have seen in a Vento. Looks like VW OEM seats in the Jetta and Passat. In the pictures itself it looks awesome .
If you don’t mind, can you please let me know what type of leather it is, and how much did it cost? And what’s the avg. FE you’re getting?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report vigneshkumar31 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 88 25th November 2017 01:04
Used Verna Diesel Buying experience and initial ownership report - 2 months, 7000 kms JLN Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 53 28th March 2011 01:30
Volkswagen Vento 1.6 diesel highline ownership report diptimanraje Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 12th September 2010 00:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks