Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd June 2011, 09:41   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
@Chrome6Boy

Yes, I did book at HMP. I booked just after the launch in May. At that time they promised to deliver by June 15th. I had paid them the full amount in anticipation of a faster delivery. But, had to wait for more than a month. I'm hoping to get it atleast next week.
Awesome man, look forward to hearing about your delivery experience. There are going to be a lot of whites around for sure. My wife wanted a silver, so thats what I booked. I'm currently doing research on what sun film and ICE to do once I get the car. Since you are in Chennai we should pool our resources if you plan to do ICE mods as well.
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:06   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Awesome man, look forward to hearing about your delivery experience. There are going to be a lot of whites around for sure. My wife wanted a silver, so thats what I booked. I'm currently doing research on what sun film and ICE to do once I get the car. Since you are in Chennai we should pool our resources if you plan to do ICE mods as well.
Sure, will update. Infact, I had booked a silver. All my rides are silvers. But, the Verna was impressive in white, Thanks to @mathranik, also, the silver was a bit dull in Verna compared to my good ol' Accent.

I'm not an ICE freak, but I may just upgrade the HU. Speakers are fine for now. (shall wait for you to get your ride) Will be upgrading to the CASKA when they launch for the Fluidic.
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. I beleive the stock HU of verna comes with 2 pre-outs and hence upgrading/adding speakers and amplifiers should be very easy. Added benefit is you will retain the steering mounted controls and bluetooth functionality. One of our members have already done the upgrade and reports the SQ is pretty good too.

To me this is a fantastic feature in the new verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Sure, will update. Infact, I had booked a silver. All my rides are silvers. But, the Verna was impressive in white, Thanks to @mathranik, also, the silver was a bit dull in Verna compared to my good ol' Accent.

I'm not an ICE freak, but I may just upgrade the HU. Speakers are fine for now. (shall wait for you to get your ride) Will be upgrading to the CASKA when they launch for the Fluidic.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
I have heard that dealers in Delhi are quoting a waiting period of 3 months for the SX (o) PETROL. They say Hyundai has not started production of this variant yet. Is this info true? 3 months waiting for a diesel is still understandable but for a petrol, i have my doubts.
Check with HMP Delhi. They delivered my Verna within a week (Booked 20th May, took delivery on 28th may). My friend cancelled his booking with another dealer and booked with HMP and got his in a week too. Ours were Petrol though. Let me know if you need contact details of the Sales rep at HMP who helped both me and my friend. You can always give my reference if he quotes unrealistic waiting periods.
fluidic_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:39   #140
BHPian

Hi Mathantrik... I am planning to go for sunfilm for my New Verna. Can you please share the details of your sun film and the approx cost. Thanks in advance
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:48   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
Check with HMP Delhi. They delivered my Verna within a week (Booked 20th May, took delivery on 28th may). My friend cancelled his booking with another dealer and booked with HMP and got his in a week too. Ours were Petrol though. Let me know if you need contact details of the Sales rep at HMP who helped both me and my friend. You can always give my reference if he quotes unrealistic waiting periods.
I was in Chandigarh last weekend and dealers are quoting a 6 months waiting and to top it... they have also stopped taking bookings for some time. I finally managed to get a dealer in Mohali, he gave a test drive too unlike others who just refused outrightly.
He told me that the waiting period will be 3 months for SX Diesel.

I am open to buy the car from Delhi also, can you please help me with reference at HMP, I'll call him tomorrow morning.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:29   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I was in Chandigarh last weekend and dealers are quoting a 6 months waiting and to top it... they have also stopped taking bookings for some time. I finally managed to get a dealer in Mohali, he gave a test drive too unlike others who just refused outrightly.
He told me that the waiting period will be 3 months for SX Diesel.

I am open to buy the car from Delhi also, can you please help me with reference at HMP, I'll call him tomorrow morning.
Check with Mr. Dinesh Sharma (Contact Number - 9871791265). You can give my reference - Rahul Gupta. HMP's service is very professional. I am very pleased with the entire delivery experience...
fluidic_fan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 11:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Check with Mr. Dinesh Sharma (Contact Number - 9871791265). You can give my reference - Rahul Gupta. HMP's service is very professional. I am very pleased with the entire delivery experience...
Hey Rahul,

Called Mr. Dinesh Sharma, he told me that booking for Verna Diesel has been stopped and I can only expect to get the car in the new year now.

I cant believe that this is happening for a car that is upwards of 10 Lakh! All I can do is wait for a few months and let the hype for this car settle down for a more realistic waiting period. Maybe by that time VW might also launch vento with better equipment.
Old 24th June 2011, 12:31   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. I beleive the stock HU of verna comes with 2 pre-outs and hence upgrading/adding speakers and amplifiers should be very easy. Added benefit is you will retain the steering mounted controls and bluetooth functionality. One of our members have already done the upgrade and reports the SQ is pretty good too.

To me this is a fantastic feature in the new verna.
Thanks for the info about the pre-outs. My vehicle is expected in September now even though I booked on June 11th... Is the member who did the ICE upgrade from Chennai? Where did he do the installation? I've been reading up in the ICE forums and it looks like Powerzone (for ICE installation) and Chandru Auto Store (for purchasing the ICE equipment) come highly recommended.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 14:23   #145
BHPian

Waiting periods are quite high in Trivandrum. I was at Hilton Hyundai last week and the SA said 3 months for any diesel. Didn't ask about petrol though.
manoj_joseph78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 16:07   #146
Senior - BHPian

Since this is OT for this thread, lets take this discussion seperately. I dont think the member is from chennai and i beleive i read this in the verna test drive thread. It is a fairly simple and straightforward job any decent installer can do, there are ample references within this forum itself for good installers in chennai. IIRC, there is a dedicated thread discussing about the installers in chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Thanks for the info about the pre-outs. My vehicle is expected in September now even though I booked on June 11th... Is the member who did the ICE upgrade from Chennai? Where did he do the installation? I've been reading up in the ICE forums and it looks like Powerzone (for ICE installation) and Chandru Auto Store (for purchasing the ICE equipment) come highly recommended.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 15:41   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Called Mr. Dinesh Sharma, he told me that booking for Verna Diesel has been stopped and I can only expect to get the car in the new year now.

This is bad planning on Hyundai's part. Looks like they are headed Vento's way now. Did you also enquire about the waiting period for Petrol? I also heard that waiting periods are more for SX and SXO as compared to the base 1.6. Is that true?
Old 25th June 2011, 20:30   #148
BHPian

Quote:
This is bad planning on Hyundai's part. Looks like they are headed Vento's way now. Did you also enquire about the waiting period for Petrol? I also heard that waiting periods are more for SX and SXO as compared to the base 1.6. Is that true?
Nope, I did not enquire about the petrol one. I checked with Hans Hyundai also today and they are also quoting a 6 month waiting period.

I have decided to wait till next year now, and let this hype settle down.

You're right this is going the vento's way. I checked vento also today and the petrol is available off the shelf now and the diesel has a waiting period of 1.5 months max. I think ANHV will also settle down around this much waiting IMO. By that time, VW might re-launch vento with more features going by the recent spy shots of the upcoming polo with new HU and steering controls.
Old 28th June 2011, 08:29   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan
Hi Mathantrik... I am planning to go for sunfilm for my New Verna. Can you please share the details of your sun film and the approx cost. Thanks in advance
The sun control film that you see on my car is 3M, 60% visibility and UV protection. It cost me approximately 6500 for these...and they come with 3 year warranty. Very good performance though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy

I have done the sound system upgrade, that you can find elsewhere on this thread. Two amplifiers, a pair of coaxial speakers and a pair of component speakers, plus a bass tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan

They have stopped taking bookings for sx(o) in surat. Base crdi would take 6 months to be delivered.
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 11:33   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
The sun control film that you see on my car is 3M, 60% visibility and UV protection. It cost me approximately 6500 for these...and they come with 3 year warranty. Very good performance though.
Thanks. Did you go for CR, RE or CS series?. You went for 60 percent VLT for front windshield as well as sides and rear? Can you please elaborate. It will help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th June 2011 at 11:38. Reason: Fixing Quotes, please do a Preview before posting. thanks