Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 11:52   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Which brings me to my next opinion-query - Synthetic or regular oil @ 20,000 km service? I know, it is a never-ending debate, but what would be a popular opinion here? Please advise.
Good to see you back after the worrisome incident with your indigo ecs and great to see that you are busy crunching the miles on your beauty . My 2 cents on the oil , you should go for synthetics . Some advocate mineral oil during the break-in period so that every oil change one flushes out Rs 500 instead of Rs 1200 since during that period flushing rather than topping up is recommended to remove any deposits that might be left there .
Given that your ANHV is definitely past the run-in period , its time to give it the synthetic oil protection which gives better binding . I use Mobil in my Vento
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 16:57   #182
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 467
Thanked: 426 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
I suggest you go for components in the front and 6 x 9 at the rear. If you like your bass, I suggest a Blaupunkt bass tube. And a 4-channel amplifier.

I am contemplating a new Head unit too, one with navigation. Let's see!
Thanks Mathranik! I have a pair of components, woofer and amp ready to be installed. Haven't found the time yet to get it done though. About the rear, you mentioned 6X9. Did you install them in the rear tray or was the rear doorpads cut to accomodate the ovals?

I was thinking I'll install the new components in the front and move the existing compos to the rear door for fill. But I have a pair of brand new rockford fosgate 6X9 lying with me. I love those speakers and it'll be great if I can use them.

Thanks!

Tassem.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 17:49   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Build quality has improved leaps and bounds with all hyundai's after/above i20. They are well put together and your comments substantiate this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Very praise-worthy is the ANHV's built quality, as I have had nothing going wrong with anything - no other rattles, no electrical problems (as yet), no fogging of headlamps/tail-lamps (through 75 inches of South Gujarat monsoons)..
I would personally recommend mineral oil if the change interval is 10k kms. Synthetic is definitely superior than mineral oil, but then its 4 to 5 times more expensive than the mineral oil as well. Its a personal choice and if you dont mind spending the additional cost for synthetic oil, you can go for the same. Else, you can safely stick with MO and change it even every 5k kms for much lesser cost!

Quote:
Which brings me to my next opinion-query - Synthetic or regular oil @ 20,000 km service? I know, it is a never-ending debate, but what would be a popular opinion here? Please advise.
You can get some after market adaptors to make the steering controls work with a different HU, thats not a problem at all. There are lot of threads discussing this in the ICE section of this forum, do take a look. You may have to compromise on the aesthetics front though - since the aftermarket unit will not fit as plush as the OEM one does. Caska's/witson's have this OEM finish, but then they dont provide any big improvement in terms of SQ of your existing setup.

Quote:
One last opinion required - If I wish to swap the OE audio Head-unit for an after-market touchscreen Navigation unit, would it be a wise idea? Would it render my steering controls useless? I am ready to spend anywhere around 30,000/- for the same.
You are very right. Verna is quicker than vento in the outright 0-100 dash, but vento is better when it comes to in-gear acceleration. Both cars fare equally well in this area is my opinion.

Quote:
And I am very surprised when people go on to say that ANHV is 'very slow' when compared to Vento. I am no racer, nor do I have figures to support my claim, but from a couple of my highway experiences, I feel this car is quicker (and faster) than Vento. I might be wrong, but then so are those who say ANHV is much slower than the VW.
P.S Some more pictures are in order
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 10:10   #184
BHPian
 
capt.chandru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I had a call from the dealer here calling me to see If I would want to switch to a SX (o) from SX that I have booked. said NO. I taught SX was a better VFM than SX (O). Hope I did the correct thing. What say guys ???
capt.chandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 10:18   #185
BHPian
 
Tushargohil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 246
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru
I had a call from the dealer here calling me to see If I would want to switch to a SX (o) from SX that I have booked. said NO. I taught SX was a better VFM than SX (O). Hope I did the correct thing. What say guys ???
I wish I get similar call :-)
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 21:29   #186
BHPian
 
Shome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 238
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
I had a call from the dealer here calling me to see If I would want to switch to a SX (o) from SX that I have booked. said NO. I taught SX was a better VFM than SX (O). Hope I did the correct thing. What say guys ???
One of those 4 side curtains (airbags) could be a life changer. Hope its never required. VFM doesnt matter in this scenario.
In my humble opinion, I would say go for the SX(O). All its other preimium features will soon become standard in all cars soon.
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 13:21   #187
Newbie
 
abhi_k007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

congrats for you new buy, looks great in white, this is by far the most amazing looking car on the road, could you please confirm the service intervals of this car?
abhi_k007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 18:46   #188
BHPian
 
capt.chandru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I really wish I could go for the SX (o), but I'm already above my budget limit. I would try to make some quick money, let's see. God willing.
capt.chandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 19:27   #189
BHPian
 
Shome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 238
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Hye guys, I have asked this question in the Official review thread and I am asking this here as well.

Do the ANHV owners suggest an upgrade to the stock tyres for an SX(O)? If yes, which would you suggest? I have XM1s on my A star and I absolutely adore them. Should I buy the same of the ANHV as well if necessary? The new ANHV is scheduled to be delivered later this month, want to know if tyres need upsizing so that I can do it immediately after delivery.

Thanks
Shome
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 20:06   #190
BHPian
 
Tushargohil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 246
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

I Cancel my hyundai fluidic booking due to False delivery commitment from hyundai trident bangalore.
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 10:03   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

What are the service intervals for the Verna? And what is the cost per service that you are couging up? Since you are up for 3rd servicing, if possible can you give the cost of each service with the breakup?
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 10:26   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
What are the service intervals for the Verna? And what is the cost per service that you are couging up? Since you are up for 3rd servicing, if possible can you give the cost of each service with the breakup?
Exactly my thoughts. There has been no updates to this thread for quite some time now Mathranik. I guess your car is keeping you busy & not letting you off her .

Nevertheless we are very keen to get the updates. Please do share here all your service details till date, part & labour charges.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 17:17   #193
BHPian
 
junkishya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Have been reading most of the posts on Verna and have read quite a few interesting things about Verna that I haven't experienced after driving mine for 7000 kms.

1) "The Backside of the Verna looks Ugly" - Well if that is ugly, I'm not sure what's beautiful !!
2) "The plastic quality of Interiors is awfully bad" - Then don't buy a Verna !!
3) "The steering wheel is lifeless at any speed" - Well, I'm not a Rally Driver
4) "The Overall Build quality is Cheap" - Well, I would buy a Beemer or a 3-Pointer if I need Rich Build !!
5) "Cornering at 120 - 130 is really Bad" - It's not a Ferrari, it's a Hyundai !!
6) "The car is very Claustrophobic" - I don't get claustrophobic even in a 2 x 6 Feet box, so Verna is OK!!

I've given up on trying to convince anyone that the Fluidic Verna is a good car. Each person has his own tastes and priorities and persecptions.

What I've experienced about my 1.6 SX Petrol Verna after driving it 4000kms in city and 3000kms on Highways:
1) It's quite a silent car till 3500 RPM. Most of my city driving is at less than 3000 rpm. Drove my friend's City twice in the city at around 3000rpm. Cabin noise was more. My friend (owning City) drove the Verna and acknowledged that the noise was very less in Verna.
2) The car tends to get bumpy on uneven roads - Yes, that's true, Will live with that.
3) Lot of features. - Will live with that too !!
4) Decent milege: Get around 12 - 12.5 kmpl in Hyderabad city driving and 15-16 on Highways.
5) I'm satisfied with the Hyundai Service. They give Free Pick-up and Drop.
It's all that I need for my daily commute and occasional dose of Highway drive.

If you still are keen on comparing it with competition, then do keep the following parameters too in mind:
1) Sales Network, Sales Service Quality, Spare Parts Cost.
2) Feature List, VFM
3) Rear Passenger Headroom, Rear Passenger Legroom

Thanks
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 17:48   #194
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Have been reading most of the posts on Verna and have read quite a few interesting things about Verna that I haven't experienced after driving mine for 7000 kms.

1) "The Backside of the Verna looks Ugly" - Well if that is ugly, I'm not sure what's beautiful !!
2) "The plastic quality of Interiors is awfully bad" - Then don't buy a Verna !!
3) "The steering wheel is lifeless at any speed" - Well, I'm not a Rally Driver
4) "The Overall Build quality is Cheap" - Well, I would buy a Beemer or a 3-Pointer if I need Rich Build !!
5) "Cornering at 120 - 130 is really Bad" - It's not a Ferrari, it's a Hyundai !!
6) "The car is very Claustrophobic" - I don't get claustrophobic even in a 2 x 6 Feet box, so Verna is OK!!

I've given up on trying to convince anyone that the Fluidic Verna is a good car. Each person has his own tastes and priorities and persecptions.

What I've experienced about my 1.6 SX Petrol Verna after driving it 4000kms in city and 3000kms on Highways:
1) It's quite a silent car till 3500 RPM. Most of my city driving is at less than 3000 rpm. Drove my friend's City twice in the city at around 3000rpm. Cabin noise was more. My friend (owning City) drove the Verna and acknowledged that the noise was very less in Verna.
2) The car tends to get bumpy on uneven roads - Yes, that's true, Will live with that.
3) Lot of features. - Will live with that too !!
4) Decent milege: Get around 12 - 12.5 kmpl in Hyderabad city driving and 15-16 on Highways.
5) I'm satisfied with the Hyundai Service. They give Free Pick-up and Drop.
It's all that I need for my daily commute and occasional dose of Highway drive.

If you still are keen on comparing it with competition, then do keep the following parameters too in mind:
1) Sales Network, Sales Service Quality, Spare Parts Cost.
2) Feature List, VFM
3) Rear Passenger Headroom, Rear Passenger Legroom

Thanks

Excellent set of answers. I am going to use a few of these with your permission.

I am tired of people telling me of the new Fiesta's ugly rear as its main highlight. Though personally I do not find it that bad. But, in comparison, the Verna's shape is more graceful than the Fiesta's shape at the back.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:37   #195
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 384
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Would anyone have an idea about the Verna 1.4 CRDi ?
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home! benbsb29 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 168 8th January 2015 11:22
Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket abhi_k007 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 75 21st August 2014 16:33
My Fluidic Hyundai Verna SX 1.6L CRDI deepjaju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 28th April 2013 21:41
My new car - The New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT gandavadi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 28 24th July 2012 15:06
Old Verna vs Fluidic Verna : A Comparison amitwadhwa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 10th July 2012 21:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:06.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks