Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd October 2011, 21:15   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Excellent set of answers. I am going to use a few of these with your permission.

I am tired of people telling me of the new Fiesta's ugly rear as its main highlight. Though personally I do not find it that bad. But, in comparison, the Verna's shape is more graceful than the Fiesta's shape at the back.
+1 to that.

Not for nothing it is said that "beauty lies in the eyes of beholder" !! Let us accept the fact that the buyer has taken a conscious decision after considering all the alternatives and the most important factor - the budget (at least in a vast majority of cases, I suppose). Once a buyer has bought a car, I believe, except for the buyer no one should grudge or crib or make comments. After all everyone is buying a car with their hard earned money.
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 23:01   #197

Hi Mathranik,

I have been reading your post from beginning and decided to TD Fluidic Verna SX (O). I was checking out OE head unit and noticed after pairing my Iphone 4, i was able to stream music but could not skip tracks using the controls in head unit or steering, and SA confirmed it. My dad's Figo does this like a charm. Did you get a chance to stream music via blue tooth? Also, i could not connect via USB since dealership could not find a cable. I was told that if we connect an IPOD via USB, HU screen will display song info (title, album etc) and also will be able to skip tracks using HU controls. I would appreciate if you could post your experience. Thank you.
samaritan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:23   #198
BHPian

I have been owning and driving a Fluidic Verna for 5 months now. clocked close to 3,000 Kms. My view on the Shock absorbers and Ground clearance.

Ofcourse the shock absorbers are soft, a little bumpy in not so flat roads. but i dont think its a big deal.

Ground clearence: My yesterdays trip was around 400 kms with the initial 100 kms on SH that has 25+ speed breakers. A couple of them hit the undercarriage, i should have gone a little diagonally, but anyway, i decided to avoid the route in future!! I have driven a HM contessa in the past, i dont find this as a problem, i guess it would happen in a good C-segment car when your front and back tyres are far apart. and you need to sit a little low than an A segment car!

However, I’m having this problem and I need help.

I have fitted an extra horn for highways with a switch so that I can choose which horn to use when. When I use the newly installed horn, at times my USB disconnects and connects again (starting from the first song). I read someone else is having similar problem with Ipod.

Not all the times I use my horn, but quite often. Any idea what’s causing this?
esranjith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 17:15   #199
BHPian

Default Petrol Fluidic returns 21 kmpl

Recently I decided to try and squeeze the best milege from the Petrol 1.6 Fluidic. The Hyderabad Outer ring road is one of the best places to test it since it's a smooth 4 + 4 lane road with negligible traffic. I did my test stark in the middle of the night around 3:30am .. the average fuel milege that I got was very satisfactory .. snap attached .. pardon for the poor photo quality clicked from the lousy BlackBerry 8520 cam.

Drove it mostly between 65 - 80kmph most of the time ... Average Milege returned 21 kmpl.

I'm now wondering how much the Diesel version return if the Petrol guzzler returns 21 !!!
Attached Images

junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 01:45   #200
BHPian

Got my Fluidic SX (O) delivered on 30/11/11 after a 3 month wait. Though the registration was not made on that date, i got a formal delivery and the car was registered on 1st of December.
144 Kms on the ODO from last two days.
Liking every bit of it.
Will keep you guys posted.
capt.chandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:16   #201
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations Capt.chandru. 3 months wait seems to be quite reasonable. Please share a lot of pictures (exterior & interiors) & start your ownership thread asap. Since yours is SX(O) with all the bells & whistles, are you going for any after market firments/ accessories?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:56   #202
BHPian

Congratulations Capt.chandru!!

Please start a Ownership thread soon.There are many people like me who would benefit from owners experience as it would help us decide among the various options available.Are you going for any aftermarket accessories??
congratulations once again! Enjoy it to the fullest!!
rambo1o1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 12:31   #203
BHPian

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to start the ownership thread very soon. Was having a very tight month. It's about 3000 KMS on the ODO already with most o it in city driving except for a trip to Ooty.
Not much of accessories added except for the floor mat.
capt.chandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 17:35   #204
BHPian

Wanted to give an update on the problem i had mentioned earlier. took the car to the service center, changed a relay and the problem is gone!! Paid Rs.540 for the relay and labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esranjith View Post
However, I’m having this problem and I need help.

I have fitted an extra horn for highways with a switch so that I can choose which horn to use when. When I use the newly installed horn, at times my USB disconnects and connects again (starting from the first song). I read someone else is having similar problem with Ipod.

Not all the times I use my horn, but quite often. Any idea what’s causing this?
esranjith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:10   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Thanks guys. The people on the road who check this car out are even more enthusiastic. I have literally seen people take U-turns to get another glance, people parking by to come up to me and ask about the car and even a couple of cops!

Guess the general verdict on a car in India is given on these major factors:

- Looks -- They just have to stand out
- Interiors -- Got to look modern and cozy
- Fuel Efficiency

From these three criteria, I guess ANHV is a winner. None of the 'prospect buyers' found it over-priced.

Rear Seats

A lot of people here on the forum have PMed me asking about the rear seat. Let me put it in perspective. We are a family of four, with no one taller than 5'7 and the ladies being 5'1. Now, the legroom can be termed generous for the rear seats. I have had no complain whatsoever about the under-thigh support. They can even slide their feet down the front seats. The rear bench is best suited for two though. The reason why I say this is because the rear center arm-rest would come hard on the back of the person sitting in the center. Otherwise, the shoulder space is good and the transmission tunnel does not stick out. Front seats are a different planet altogether. Great support and good adjustments possible. I miss the reach adjustment for the steering wheel though.

Music System
The music system is amazing, now that I have retro-fitted new speakers - co-axial JBL at the rear, JBL component speakers in the front, a Blaupunkt bass tube in the boot and two amplifiers - a two-channel Kenwood Amp for the bass tube and a four-channel JBL amp for the speakers.

Query
I was speculating getting a motorized sunroof installed (50,000 approx), but have heard a lot about leakage and rusting. Any comments?

Fuel Efficiency

Completed a tank to tank test yesterday - 50-50 mix of city and highway returned me an FE of 16.5 kmpl, with average speeds of 100 kmph on the highway and moderate traffic in city. Would update you guys on the second tankful too.

For now, I have put up some interior pictures. Exteriors follow soon, today hopefully! Thanks.
Hi mathranik
congratulations on your purchase and great to know you are enjoying every km in your car.
I have some queries and hopefully you are able to help answer them re: music system
I have been advised by the service personnel that the speakers OE speakers are round (6.5") speakers. did you fix round as well or oval? And does the car OE head unit come with pre-outs - i have read thru the post but couldnt find one which explicitly said yes to this quesion.

I also have a suggestion for you incase you wish to have an improvement in handling, you may try the new Yokahoma C Drive tyres. 205/55 R16. A couple of cars that i have driven with handling issues, specifically understeer issues have shown better road manners.
Look forward to your inputs on the music system. thanks and good luck
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 19:58   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
And does the car OE head unit come with pre-outs - i have read thru the post but couldnt find one which explicitly said yes to this quesion.
Just got off the phone with Ajay (Bass & Trouble) and he mentioned the Verna OE headunit does not have any pre-outs.
manson is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 19:35   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Just got off the phone with Ajay (Bass & Trouble) and he mentioned the Verna OE headunit does not have any pre-outs.
Thanks manson. Thats interesting as a response and leaves me wondering how mathranik would have managed to connect his amps. Guess I will just have to settle with a speaker upgrade from stock to something worthwhile. Thanks again for confirming.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:47   #208
BHPian

I do not still understand how this happened, but after booking the ANHV SX (o) diesel, a week before getting the car delivered, I got lucky and crazy at the same time. Upgraded the booking to the Sonata Transform Diesel. Expecting the delivery of my car on 17th May.
Wanted a diesel, test drove the new Sonata and really enjoyed the comfort & space. However, as you all know, there is only a petrol variant. As luck would have it, the dealer had one last Transform diesel in their yard, cut me a good deal and in a flash it was all done!! Drove my car to be for almost 70kms and she is a beauty on the NICE road in Bangalore. Bad patches were dealt and dismissed with ease on the not so NICE roads! Phenomenal torque and driving comfort.

Being a newbie, i dont think the moderator allows me to create new threads yet, so when I can, will post some pictures. Booked myself a white, looks stately
Old 10th May 2012, 15:01   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
I do not still understand how this happened, but after booking the ANHV SX (o) diesel, a week before getting the car delivered, I got lucky and crazy at the same time. Upgraded the booking to the Sonata Transform Diesel. Expecting the delivery of my car on 17th May.
Wanted a diesel, test drove the new Sonata and really enjoyed the comfort & space. However, as you all know, there is only a petrol variant. As luck would have it, the dealer had one last Transform diesel in their yard, cut me a good deal and in a flash it was all done!! Drove my car to be for almost 70kms and she is a beauty on the NICE road in Bangalore. Bad patches were dealt and dismissed with ease on the not so NICE roads! Phenomenal torque and driving comfort.

Being a newbie, i dont think the moderator allows me to create new threads yet, so when I can, will post some pictures. Booked myself a white, looks stately
Congratulations on booking the Sonata Transform. It is unbelievable, you went to book a car in a particular segment & drove home (would be driving) a car, which is a segment above. Would you mind sharing with us the deal that you got on this car? I think it is not appropriate to discuss these things on this thread & you may share the further details in the thread listed below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-142.html (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals)
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on booking the Sonata Transform. It is unbelievable, you went to book a car in a particular segment & drove home (would be driving) a car, which is a segment above. Would you mind sharing with us the deal that you got on this car? I think it is not appropriate to discuss these things on this thread & you may share the further details in the thread listed below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-142.html (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals)
Hi, thanks for pointing me to the right thread. all details updated in the new location !!
cars_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote