Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 00:23   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Congrats on the first AHNV on this forum!! Yeah, now we expect a lot more from you. Looking forward for an informative long term ownership report, ICE pics / review and some more pics of interiors. Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !!
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 17th May 2011, 00:25   #32
BHPian

Congrats alot mathranik for teambhp first New Fluidic Verna SX(O) CRDi, its Road presence & looks are really awesome in white shade.
In real I've seen this car in Dark grey shade only, it looked simply stunning.
Do update us regularly with its Ownership experience.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 00:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the brand new acquisition. The new verna is a looker for sure. Do keep us updated on your experiences. Drive safe!
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 01:13   #34
BHPian

Congrats on the first new verna on t-bhp Mathranik !! i have a couple of questions

1. How does the new 1.6 crdi feel , does it have the same power surge as the old verna ? i test drove the automatic one so couldnt come to a judgement.

2. My wife complained that the rear seats where a bit too low and uncomfortable , any comments from the rear seat passengers regarding this ?
moose56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 07:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Congrats mathranik!
What are the other variants in new Verna? Do they offer sun/moon roof as well?
This is the top-end CRDi model, named SX (Optional). No, there isn't any sunroof option. Below this is the SX, and then the base 1.4 CRDi VGT model. Similarly, there are 1.4 and 1.6 Petrol VTVT variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
@ mathranik: The car looks stunning in white. Is this the first new Verna in your city? How much did it cost you OTR?

Congrats and enjoy your car!
It was the first Verna in my city, yes. I have seen a few more in the last couple of days though. OTR - 11,40,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Congrats mate... The Verna looks awesome.. IMO, the ANHC was quite a looker in this segment. ANHV is the new leader now.

Btw, how is the cooling of AC? I believe its around 40 degrees in Surat now. Perhaps you're in a best situation to comment on the effectiveness of AC.

Drive Safe.Cheers
The A/C, surprisingly, is a chiller even in the Surat heat. It is close to 38 deg with 90% humidity, but the a/c cools the car in no time. Even the rear seat passengers were happy with it, although I would've loved rear air-con vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarcar View Post
congrats.
The first fluidic Verna looks grand.

You went for this car without a test drive, relying on the tbhp review?
I couldn't notice testdrive in the write up , so a bit curious.
You are correct. I did not go for a testdrive. The only place I saw the real-time review was Tbhp! Never noticed this, until you told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congrats mate for the very first Hyundai Verna Fluidic on Team-BHP.
I thought Verna waiting period was 2 months but I was amazed how come you got in 5 days of launch, great. Please post more pics of the car's interior.
mathranik one request if you could get a chance to drive the verna on the highway with speeds in excess of 145 Kmph, how does it handle ? There have been lot of saying that Verna handles like a boat at speeds greater than 120 Kmph. I myself drive a VW Vento TDi HL which handles flawlessly at speeds over 150 Kmph.
Well, as mentioned by me elsewhere, the waiting is 2-3 months, but since the dealer was a friend of mine, I got away with a little premium to get spot delivery.

As far as high speed handling is concerned, I would not be pushing it to 140+ so soon. I touched close to 110 for a km or so, and it was anything but a boat. Yes, it is not Vento when it comes to handling, but it feels adequately planted to the road. More on this after more first-hand experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
There it is! Probably the first fluidc Verna on Team-BHP. Congratulations mathranik on your brand new car. Verna looks just too good in white color. I am sure you must be enjoying the car. Please add some more pictures of the car and update it regularly. I don’t think the car requires any modifications/after market fitments as it comes with almost everything. Still any mods planned?
No Mods as such, but just the 3M film and speakers/amplifiers/bass-tube. That is already done. I plan on pete-ing it at a later stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
Congrats on the first new verna on t-bhp Mathranik !! i have a couple of questions

1. How does the new 1.6 crdi feel , does it have the same power surge as the old verna ? i test drove the automatic one so couldnt come to a judgement.

2. My wife complained that the rear seats where a bit too low and uncomfortable , any comments from the rear seat passengers regarding this ?
Although I haven't driven the old Verna extensively, I do appreciate the surge it offers in 2nd gear. I am very sure, the new Verna is quicker off the block to 100kmph and also quicker in-gear. The urgency is more sedate, but there is absolutely no lethargy. Very powerful, almost Cruze-like, and surely quicker than the 110hp Laura.

As far as the rear seats are concerned, there is some lack of under-thigh support, but since we are not tall at all, it works fine for us. I would comment more on this once we go on a long drive.

- For everyone who has requested pictures, there would be some more coming very soon. Thank you for the wishes. I am enjoying every bit of the Verna, and do not feel bad for not going for the Cruze.
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 08:25   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition!
Looking forward to more pics and more reviews.
synchromesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 08:49   #37
BHPian

There was a small query. When I connected my i-Pod touch to the USB port of the car, the audio display did show the device connected and the song playing, but there wasn't any volume from the speakers. The CDs and radio play fine. You cannot adjust the volume on the i-Pod once it is connected to the USB of the car. Any suggestions?

Last edited by mathranik : 17th May 2011 at 09:02. Reason: Typo
Old 17th May 2011, 08:53   #38
BHPian

Congrats mate! Beautiful looking car. The dual exhausts add to the rear looks. Did Nanavati Hyundai give any freebies?

How efficient is the reversing camera?

Post a few more pics of rear seats and dashboard, if you don't mind

Last edited by Skye1592 : 17th May 2011 at 08:54.
Skye1592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 09:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

The first fluidic Verna on TBHP!! Congrats on your new car. Happy mile crunching and drive safe.

And oh, please do update the thread regularly.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 09:20   #40
BHPian

Congrats mathranik on the first New Verna in team-bhp !!

Here is wishing you miles of happiness and trouble free maintenance

Get ready to help us fellow team-bhpian's who are contemplating on buying one of this which include me

Need your valuable comments

1. Good to hear that the A/C is a chiller - This was the achilles heel of i20
2. I would like to know more about the rear seat comfort - One of the my friends commented that it is akin to sitting in a ditch. The worst thing I was told is peeping out of the window - Is this too difficult
3. Mileage - Please keep updating the thread with your findings and this I believe will really help other folks

Cheers
csateesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 09:44   #41
BHPian

Congrats mathranik. It really looks awesome and the interiors also are very beautiful. Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Regards
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 10:02   #42
BHPian

Congratulations Mathranik. I too am from Surat and I know just how much Suratis love Hyundai (though I am not one of them)

You surely will get loads of glances for months to come till roads in Surat are flooded with the New Fluidic Hyundai Verna...

Enjoy your beauty for miles & miles to come.

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 17th May 2011 at 10:03. Reason: grammatical corrections
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:11   #43
BHPian

glad to know, you went for it relying on the t-bhp review.
Hat's off to the mods for paying attention to detail and enormous photos for every review posted.
With the review a fair idea of what to expect from the car sinks in.
Keep the proceedings posted.
aktarcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:38   #44
BHPian

Just to update you guys, the iPod is working fine. I was stupid to only connect the USB cable and not auxiliary! Duh.

Some more updates :

- ORVMs have a great reach and the power retractable feature is a boon on Indian streets.

- Front seats offer good support, polarizingly different from the rear seats.

- The audio could've used a better display. LED maybe?

Last edited by mathranik : 17th May 2011 at 11:52.
Old 17th May 2011, 15:36   #45
BHPian

Hey congratulations on the car!! Looks awesome!!
I went to the showroom to check it out and quite liked the interiors.
Do enjoy many many miles with her. Take care.

EDIT: Yours seems to be the first Fluidic Verna on the forum!

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 17th May 2011 at 15:38.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote