Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th May 2011, 15:51   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

mathranik, congratulations on the new Verna... it looks awesome in the white color. Happened to go to Mantry Square in Bangalore and found a Fuidic Verna for display.. It looks even better in real than pictures. Have a great time
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 17:27   #47
BHPian

Congratulations! Been looking for this thread from yesterday. Have a nice time and do be careful and buckle up.

You guys have a sweet deal there @ 11,40,000. We Bangalore people have to pay 12,56,000.

Anyway whatever testing that we can do in a few kms have already been done. One thing is we don't have good stretches in city to drive and verify the reported mileage DIS ie. instantaneous average and high speed handling and braking. Do tankful to tankful, enjoy and let us know the results.

Please give some information regarding these.

Yes having driven Bangalore to Surath, the roads in GJ generally speaking are far better than KA.
optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 18:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Although I haven't driven the old Verna extensively, I do appreciate the surge it offers in 2nd gear. I am very sure, the new Verna is quicker off the block to 100kmph and also quicker in-gear. The urgency is more sedate, but there is absolutely no lethargy.

As far as the rear seats are concerned, there is some lack of under-thigh support, but since we are not tall at all, it works fine for us. I would comment more on this once we go on a long drive.
First of all, please add mine to the long list on congratulations. Must be feeling very special to be the first Fluidic Verna owner on T-BHP. I am in absolute agreement for what you have said above. The 2nd gear has a very good pull & a slight tap on the accelerator pedal is enough (Experienced this during the TD with 5 adults & a kid onboard).

For me too the rear seat most of the times is occupied by the women folks in the family who are just 5+ feet. When I asked them if they felt any lack of under thigh support, they answered in negation. That's a big relief for me. Though people like me who are 5'10" would find it uncomfortable to occupy the rear seat at long stretches.

As everyone has requested please do post lots of pictures. Also I know it would be difficult for you to let your hands off the steering to pen down your driving experience over here, but then please give it a try. Hundreds of potential buyers like me would be immensely benefited by your first hand experience.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 20:49   #49
BHPian

Congrats. Drive safe.

You indicated that you are adding a sub and some speakers along with an amp. Can this be connected to the existing front unit? I assume that the main unit can't be changed or if it was, the steering controls won't work?

Does the player play DVDs or have a memory card slot? Any idea if a TV screen can be hooked onto the current unit?

Also which sub and speakers are you going for? I currently have a combination of a Panasonic deck, Blaupunkt amp and Pioneer speakers.

Post more pics man, Im stuck between picking on white or silver!
incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 22:56   #50
BHPian

@mathranik Congrats on getting this beauty home ;-)

I read that you are 5'10". How do you the comfort levels in the rear bench? How is the headroom?
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 01:29   #51
BHPian

Congratulations on an excellent purchase.

This Car is sure a looker. Have been closely following and awaiting the launch, however am yet to go for a Test Drive.

However, saw it late last night and before I realised it was the new Verna, It made Me say "Wow what car is that"

Definitely gonna make a lot of heads turn.

Let's hope the performance lives up to it :-)
amit_2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 09:21   #52
BHPian

Thanks guys. The people on the road who check this car out are even more enthusiastic. I have literally seen people take U-turns to get another glance, people parking by to come up to me and ask about the car and even a couple of cops!

Guess the general verdict on a car in India is given on these major factors:

- Looks -- They just have to stand out
- Interiors -- Got to look modern and cozy
- Fuel Efficiency

From these three criteria, I guess ANHV is a winner. None of the 'prospect buyers' found it over-priced.

Rear Seats

A lot of people here on the forum have PMed me asking about the rear seat. Let me put it in perspective. We are a family of four, with no one taller than 5'7 and the ladies being 5'1. Now, the legroom can be termed generous for the rear seats. I have had no complain whatsoever about the under-thigh support. They can even slide their feet down the front seats. The rear bench is best suited for two though. The reason why I say this is because the rear center arm-rest would come hard on the back of the person sitting in the center. Otherwise, the shoulder space is good and the transmission tunnel does not stick out. Front seats are a different planet altogether. Great support and good adjustments possible. I miss the reach adjustment for the steering wheel though.

Music System
The music system is amazing, now that I have retro-fitted new speakers - co-axial JBL at the rear, JBL component speakers in the front, a Blaupunkt bass tube in the boot and two amplifiers - a two-channel Kenwood Amp for the bass tube and a four-channel JBL amp for the speakers.

Query
I was speculating getting a motorized sunroof installed (50,000 approx), but have heard a lot about leakage and rusting. Any comments?

Fuel Efficiency

Completed a tank to tank test yesterday - 50-50 mix of city and highway returned me an FE of 16.5 kmpl, with average speeds of 100 kmph on the highway and moderate traffic in city. Would update you guys on the second tankful too.

For now, I have put up some interior pictures. Exteriors follow soon, today hopefully! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0031.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0029.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0032.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0033.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0035.jpg  

mathranik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 09:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

The First Fluidic Verna on TBHP? Waw. Congrats mate on the new acquisition. Looks great, head-turner really. Interiors too seem to be good from your snaps. FE of 16.5 seems impresseive. Tough competition to NHC, SX4, Vento and New Fiesta.

This Verna has the IRVM with camera and sensors factory-fitted. How good are they? Can the camera show if there is any pothole/trench behind or from min what dist can it show?

What is the Hold button on the remote?
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 09:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
The First Fluidic Verna on TBHP? Waw. Congrats mate on the new acquisition. Looks great, head-turner really. Interiors too seem to be good from your snaps. FE of 16.5 seems impresseive. Tough competition to NHC, SX4, Vento and New Fiesta.

This Verna has the IRVM with camera and sensors factory-fitted. How good are they? Can the camera show if there is any pothole/trench behind or from min what dist can it show?

What is the Hold button on the remote?

Thanks. The sensors work well, and the reversing camera is a must, with the high boot. It has a good spread of vision, with the red, yellow and green marked areas showing the proximity to various things.

Hold button is to open the boot remotely.
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 09:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Thanks. The sensors work well, and the reversing camera is a must, with the high boot. It has a good spread of vision, with the red, yellow and green marked areas showing the proximity to various things.

Hold button is to open the boot remotely.
Yeah, the camera seems must with the high boot. The quality of pic on LCD seems good too. Guess there is power button on IRVM to turn it off too. Cool built-in feature. Otherwise the retrofits are pretty bad option as the IRVM has to be clipped onto the existing one and there is always danger of it falling off and damaging things.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 11:31   #56
BHPian

Congrats on the car!
Had seen the car in the showroom - impressive gadgets!

Request you to please swap the place of the car perfume. If accidently it falls on the Audio panel, it might damage it. I had a similar experience in my figo. I had to re-paint the audio console.
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 15:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Request you to please swap the place of the car perfume. If accidently it falls on the Audio panel, it might damage it. I had a similar experience in my figo. I had to re-paint the audio console.
I second that. Since the perfume in question only works if it's on an a/c vent, I suggest you get rid of it and get perfume cans (whatever you call them) like My Shaldan.

These ac vent perfumes easily react with the smooth plastics inside the car and will ruin them. I'd moved mine to the driver's side ac vent, but when it did leak, it stained my Linea's trip computer switches and the silver trim above it permanently. It doesn't matter what brand they are, they all tend to have the same effect. I've seen a lot of similar cases in my line of work.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 17:20   #58
BHPian

Congrats! Great review, you have answered a lot of my questions. I'm planning on buying a car this year (Verna CRDi SX(O) / Vento TDCi Highline / Fiesta TDCi). Your comments are greatly appreciated and I'm currently leaning towards the Verna.
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 17:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate for bringing in the first New Gen Verna on the forum. (i hope it is the first) The last gen Verna also looked great in white. Then came the horrible face lift. Looked like a car from Mad Max. And now this clean smooth lines. Very attractive looking and im sure a very punchy car to drive too. The 1.6 Crdi is supposed to be a killer. City and Vento, watch it though the price of the fully loaded version somewhat surprises me. Its more expensive that the Vento? what would the Auto version be OTR? say a comfortable 40k plus?!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:33   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congratulations mate for bringing in the first New Gen Verna on the forum. (i hope it is the first) The last gen Verna also looked great in white. Then came the horrible face lift. Looked like a car from Mad Max. And now this clean smooth lines. Very attractive looking and im sure a very punchy car to drive too. The 1.6 Crdi is supposed to be a killer. City and Vento, watch it though the price of the fully loaded version somewhat surprises me. Its more expensive that the Vento? what would the Auto version be OTR? say a comfortable 40k plus?!
The Auto is a cool 80k more than SX(O) OTR. But unfortunately, its a 4-speed Auto. Very disappointing for a car this expensive.
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote