Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th June 2011, 15:44   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

How would you compare the ride of the new Verna against your Dzire at 120 Kmph or higher?
Reason I am asking is bcos I too have a Dzire and am planning to upgrade to a Verna sometime early next year.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 09:57   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey Mathranik, what is the service period of the ANHV...5k-6months OR 10k-12months?
First service was two months/2000 kms - next is 10,000 kms. I am fast approaching it, with 6500 on the odo already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapen View Post
I have a 2008 CRDi 5-speed Verna. I am trying to compare the 6 speed gearbox of the new Fluidic model with the earlier one.

At 100 kmph what are the shown rpms on
5th Gear
6th Gear

Would like to know how much overdrive is incorporated by those 2 gears.
I will let you know today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
How would you compare the ride of the new Verna against your Dzire at 120 Kmph or higher?
Reason I am asking is bcos I too have a Dzire and am planning to upgrade to a Verna sometime early next year.
Dzire for me is decently confidence inspiring, and beyond 120 it feels similar to ANHV, if not slightly better. It's just that with Dzire, I don't go beyond 120 too often anyways! TD the new Verna, for sure.
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 09:14   #123
BHPian

A few pics of my white beauty in Pench.. a 2000 km trip without any niggles, hassles or complaint...

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-img_7977.jpg
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-img_8348.jpg
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-img_8354.jpg

Our steed from Taj Baghvan for wildlife safaris
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-img_8038.jpg

Spotting!
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-img_8214.jpg
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 09:26   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
A few pics of my white beauty in Pench.. a 2000 km trip without any niggles, hassles or complaint...
Awesome! The first photo is the best of the lot. The Verna looks a million bucks in that angle (sorry, I will refer the car as Verna, and not ANHV, Fluidic, Fluid etc.).
Especially those fogs are a killer. Good job Hyundai.

Congratulations on the hassle-free 2000 kms. And I am sure you’ll be posting a 20,000 kms update soon with the same set of comments. Good going!
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 10:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

Your white beauty looks simply majestic & the jungle backdrop makes it look all the more royale. Out of the three gentlemen, which one is you?

One small request. Can you click some pictures of the car at night? Would appreciate if you can manage the following:

Front pictures
1. Headlights & foglamps on.
2. Parking lights & foglamps on.

Rear pictures
3. Tail lamps on.
4. Brake lamps on
5. Tail lamps & brake lamps on.
6. Reverse lamps on

Hope I am not asking too much .

Forgot @ the lovely tiger cubs completely. Seems they are enjoying their afternoon nap after having a sumptuous lunch.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 18th June 2011 at 10:14. Reason: Added last lin
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 11:13   #126
BHPian

I've been following your thread since the beginning. I was also in the market for a diesel sedan of up to 15L and have now booked the Verna CRDi SX. Thanks for your tips.

I have a few of questions for you.

1. Do you use bluetooth to pair your phone to the car stereo? If so do you have a cell dock, where do you put the phone? I'm trying to figure out a good location which will also enable easy charging of the phone while the phone is in plain view for GPS maps, caller ID and music player options. I love the fact that I can stream music through bluetooth.

2. What sun control have you put for the car and how much did it cost?

3. The car stereo is said to have pre-outs so it'll be real easy to upgrade the sound quality with amps and new speakers, have you done any of that?

4. Have you upgraded the car horn yet?

I'm planning out the above upgrades and would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks.

Karthik.
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:53   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I've been following your thread since the beginning. I was also in the market for a diesel sedan of up to 15L and have now booked the Verna CRDi SX. Thanks for your tips.

I have a few of questions for you.

1. Do you use bluetooth to pair your phone to the car stereo? If so do you have a cell dock, where do you put the phone? I'm trying to figure out a good location which will also enable easy charging of the phone while the phone is in plain view for GPS maps, caller ID and music player options. I love the fact that I can stream music through bluetooth.

2. What sun control have you put for the car and how much did it cost?

3. The car stereo is said to have pre-outs so it'll be real easy to upgrade the sound quality with amps and new speakers, have you done any of that?

4. Have you upgraded the car horn yet?

I'm planning out the above upgrades and would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks.

Karthik.
Congrats on booking your Fluidic Verna! BTW, what is the current waiting period for the Diesel and Petrol versions?
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:58   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on booking your Fluidic Verna! BTW, what is the current waiting period for the Diesel and Petrol versions?
Thanks. I was quoted a waiting period of 2.5 months during my test drive but when I was about to give the cheque for the booking amount, the manager came up and told me that it would take 3.25 months because of unprecedented demand for the diesel . He however said it would only take a week to deliver the petrol. I booked at HMIL Chennai a couple of weeks ago.

Seeing as how difficult Hyundai and VW are finding it to deliver their diesel sedans, it will be interesting to see if Ford does a better job.

I can't wait to get my hands on the car.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:47   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Thanks. I was quoted a waiting period of 2.5 months during my test drive but when I was about to give the cheque for the booking amount, the manager came up and told me that it would take 3.25 months because of unprecedented demand for the diesel . He however said it would only take a week to deliver the petrol. I booked at HMIL Chennai a couple of weeks ago.

Seeing as how difficult Hyundai and VW are finding it to deliver their diesel sedans, it will be interesting to see if Ford does a better job.

I can't wait to get my hands on the car.
3.25 months sounds quite resonable. Some dealers are also saying 6 months waiting for Diesel versions.
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
3.25 months sounds quite resonable. Some dealers are also saying 6 months waiting for Diesel versions.
The wait will be between 4 to 6 months. I hope that would reduce gradually.

The delay in the delivery is due to shortage of the diesel power-train. HMIL has received a shipment of engines this week. Hope the factory roles out the cars soon. Wonder if I would receive my car in this lot. Keeping fingers crossed.
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:12   #131
Senior - BHPian

With the launch of the New Ford Fiesta, the wait period will soon vanish (my prediction is within 3 months)
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
The wait will be between 4 to 6 months. I hope that would reduce gradually.

The delay in the delivery is due to shortage of the diesel power-train. HMIL has received a shipment of engines this week. Hope the factory roles out the cars soon. Wonder if I would receive my car in this lot. Keeping fingers crossed.
Did you also book at HMIL, Kathipaara Junction? I booked on 11/6/2011. When did you book yours, what waiting period did they quote to you? My salesman's name was Anand.
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:37   #133
BHPian

@Chrome6Boy

Yes, I did book at HMP. I booked just after the launch in May. At that time they promised to deliver by June 15th. I had paid them the full amount in anticipation of a faster delivery. But, had to wait for more than a month. I'm hoping to get it atleast next week.
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:12   #134
BHPian

I have heard that dealers in Delhi are quoting a waiting period of 3 months for the SX (o) PETROL. They say Hyundai has not started production of this variant yet. Is this info true? 3 months waiting for a diesel is still understandable but for a petrol, i have my doubts.
Vroom barabar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:41   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
I have heard that dealers in Delhi are quoting a waiting period of 3 months for the SX (o) PETROL. They say Hyundai has not started production of this variant yet. Is this info true? 3 months waiting for a diesel is still understandable but for a petrol, i have my doubts.
Thats a complete absurd reply for any dealer to give. No manufacturer would stop production and sit tight when they launch a new product. Petrol Verna should be available at a shorter waiting period.

Only diesel Verna production was halted for sometime as they ran out of engines. A wait for 4-6 months for the diesel variants is the norm.