Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th July 2011, 12:31   #61
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post

Hi Mobike,

1) The main reason I chose the RD box over Petes was that it had 4 switchable modes. I will not be the only one driving this car and I didn't want my mom to feel uncomfortable driving the car with so much power. Another reason was that I drove a RD Swift and I was amazed by the power increase and didn't have a very good experience with a Pete'd Swift.

2) Having a ECU remap is the same thing as I cant switch it back to stock and hence didn't want to go in for it.

3) I will definitely put up some pics soon.

4) The economy mode according to RD increases the mileage by about 40%. I haven't used that mode much because frankly it kills the car. The lag is too much.

5) The price for the Diesel Tronic starts at 19,990 + Taxes for different cars. I will PM you the price of the Cruze box. All I can say is you will not have to save too much for this upgrade
Thanks. All of the above makes a lot of sense. I look forward to the pictures soon and also the PM outlining the price

Drive the 200BHP Cruze safe....With power comes a lot of responsibility

P.S: Most importantly, Please keep an eye out for smoke while accelaration and let us know what's the situation.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th July 2011 at 12:33. Reason: added one more query
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 12:34   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
It is about 38K in Bangalore, when inquired but heard there is no filter yet available for cruze

But reliability for Petes box is well known (personally have used it on elantra for more than 20,000kms) but haven't personally seen many people using RD ecu for diesels for a long time, might be good though
I had the same doubt as Petes is a well known tuner and has proven his reliability. A friend has used the RD box on his swift for almost 75k Kms as swears by it and that was push I needed to go in for the RD box. Frankly, I find it much more VFM than the Petes box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks. All of the above makes a lot of sense. I look forward to the pictures soon and also the PM outlining the price

Drive the 200BHP Cruze safe....With power comes a lot of responsibility

P.S: Most importantly, Please keep an eye out for smoke while accelaration and let us know what's the situation.
Thanks mobike

It is too much power but you get the hang of it in time. The car was already smoking before the box installation and was giving me a terrible fuel efficiency of about 9-9.5kmpl with 75% amazing highway. I have given it for a complete checkup today and they are cleaning the injectors and everything. I will get the car today evening and will update what all they did as I'm off to Delhi tomorrow because of the ICE keeda.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2011 at 21:38. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
tusharsethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 18:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
I will PM you the price of the Cruze box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I look forward to the pictures soon and also the PM outlining the price
Guys,sharing the information on the thread for the benefit of us all is a good idea,don't you think? If so,please post the price here itself Of course, no compulsion. Cheers.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 18:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

Guys,sharing the information on the thread for the benefit of us all is a good idea,don't you think? If so,please post the price here itself Of course, no compulsion. Cheers.
Hi,

I can Pm you thw price if you want but cant disclose the price here as.iy is a kind of commercial activity. You can contact Race Dynamics for exact prices.

Cheers
Old 15th July 2011, 19:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

This is the perfect time to get it dynoed and check the real improvement in terms of power figures.

I would highly recommend it.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 19:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I can Pm you thw price if you want but cant disclose the price here as.iy is a kind of commercial activity. You can contact Race Dynamics for exact prices.

Cheers
Point taken-tusharsethi. Of course I can contact RD anytime. Thanks for your co-operation. Enjoy!!
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 22:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is the perfect time to get it dynoed and check the real improvement in terms of power figures.

I would highly recommend it.
I had the exact thing on my mind. Because of the mode switch, we can check power figures in different modes. Does anyone know of a Dyno place in Delhi? And what should I look at spending for the Dyno run.

Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 09:33   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had the exact thing on my mind. Because of the mode switch, we can check power figures in different modes. Does anyone know of a Dyno place in Delhi? And what should I look at spending for the Dyno run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is the perfect time to get it dynoed and check the real improvement in terms of power figures.I would highly recommend it.
I just wish to god that dyno figures dont show less than 200BHP and atleast 15% improvement on the already massive torque figure.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car was already smoking before the box installation and was giving me a terrible fuel efficiency of about 9-9.5kmpl with 75% amazing highway. I have given it for a complete checkup today and they are cleaning the injectors and everything.
Tushar, congrats on the upgrade. But Injector cleaning at 2,500 kms?? Are you filling poor Diesel or is there some other issue?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 12:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Tushar
Congratulations.
Quote:
The car was already smoking before the box installation and was giving me a terrible fuel efficiency of about 9-9.5kmpl with 75% amazing highway. I have given it for a complete checkup today and they are cleaning the injectors and everything.
Injector cleaning @ 2500 kms ?

Possible causes could be :
1. Clogged air filter.
2. Insufficient air supply as required by tuning box.
3. Fuel Quality / Presence of water
4. Fuel Filter.

Last edited by kpzen : 16th July 2011 at 12:27.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 13:00   #71
Team-BHP Support

I think you should get a stock replacement filter, the smoking will reduce to a great extent. No need for injector cleaning.

And great choice on those Enkeis, they will look hot.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 21:14   #72
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Had the first long trip with the beast. I had sent the car to Chevy before leaving and they said it was because of a choked air filter. Ordered a replacement K&N and should be getting it soon. The car performed wonderfully with a speed of about 120+ all the time and bursts of upto 180 and still returned a fuel efficiency of 16.5 kmpl.

While I was in Delhi, I had given my car at Car Plus, Rishab Vihar for Audio tune up and a couple of things. These guys did a wonderful job and did the MS8 justice. Got a lip spoiler and some more damping done. Will update pics tomorrow.

For everyone thinking about the RD tuning box, it is 101% worth it!

The Enkei's are stuck in customs in US because they were tagged as a gift to avoid duty. Does anyone know if I can source these in India?

Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 22:11   #73
anb
BHPian

16.5 kmpl is an amazing fuel efficiency for cruze. I hardly cross 12. Is there any improvement in turbolag? will the car pull well if the speed is below 40 kmph in 3rd or 80 in 5th?
anb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 22:42   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
16.5 kmpl is an amazing fuel efficiency for cruze. I hardly cross 12. Is there any improvement in turbolag? will the car pull well if the speed is below 40 kmph in 3rd or 80 in 5th?
Exactly. I never got more than 10kmpl. This is too surprising. There is a major difference in the turbolag. It has improved by miles and is barely noticable. The car pulls wonderfully at low speeds in high gears.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had the first long trip with the beast. I had sent the car to Chevy before leaving and they said it was because of a choked air filter. Ordered a replacement K&N and should be getting it soon. The car performed wonderfully with a speed of about 120+ all the time and bursts of upto 180 and still returned a fuel efficiency of 16.5 kmpl.
This is simply phenomenal. This FE with such high speeds

The more I see it, the more I m convinced that the Cruze, as a package is so much better and VFM that the Laura now.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote