Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th November 2011, 17:52   #106
BHPian

Default re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Hello!! Long time with no updates!!
Have read reports of the DPF having problems with tuning boxes.
Are you facing any problems??

PS: Can you also PM me the price you paid for the RD box??

Last edited by rangakishen : 29th November 2011 at 17:55. Reason: PS
rangakishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 02:31   #107
BHPian

First of all, Apologies for being absent for soo long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
Are you using Premium Diesel in your car? if that's the case swap to ordinary diesel and try cleaning your tank and injector.
Hi,

I've never used Premium fuels in any of the cars I've had. And, to let everyone know, as soon as I cleaned the K&N, the smoking issue has now vanished even after 12,500kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Hello!! Long time with no updates!!
Have read reports of the DPF having problems with tuning boxes.
Are you facing any problems??

PS: Can you also PM me the price you paid for the RD box??
Hi,

I'm not facing any problems with the DPF, but the only problem I have is of the fuel efficiency. Earlier I was relying on the MID for getting the fuel efficiency. But after constant tank-ups, i have now realized that the car is not giving more than 8kmpl at any given point. The box is always on the P1 mode and I have spoken to the RaceDynamics people about this and they say to check the efficiency without the box, but I havent been able to drive it without the box for so long. It is too much fun
I will be checking the efficiency without the box soon and will update this thread tomorrow with new pictures which will definitely make your jaws drop, I hope!

P.S. Now that RD people have made the price of the box public, I hope it is alright to post it here, I paid 20k for the box inclusive of shipping.

Cheers
tusharsethi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:01   #108
BHPian

UPDATE:

After driving around the rocket for more than 12,500 kms , I'm happy to report that the car is trouble free and that there is no problem even with the RaceDynamics box. The only point that comes up about the car after having it for more than 6 months, is the fuel efficiency. It is not returning more than 8-8.5 kmpl.

I have taken off the box today to check the difference, if any, and also visited the A.S.S this morning to check for any errors that may be present. The car showed 24 errors in the Body Control Module which he then cleared and checked for the ECU update. According to the software, the ECU is updated to the latest firmware and the errors that were in the module were all minor errors and they couldn't cause the efficiency problem. They hadn't cleaned the injectors earlier and insisted on not cleaning them now as well. Instead, he recommended the IftexD thing as the car has done 12500 kms and said it will attend to the injectors. I hope I can control myself by not putting the box back on before a complete tank-to-tank check.

A couple of things have changed in the last 2 months that I've been absent on the forum :

1) Projector HeadLamps and 'E Class' style taillamps. : I got these installed with HID's in the projectors. This was a very bad experience and people living in Delhi can guess where this was done. The "tuner" in picture here has disappointed a lot of people before but I thought its just a plug n play job so what could go wrong. Long story short, went back on his own words and the price part of the deal after the lights were installed and I had no time to sit and argue with him so just paid the difference and left.

2) ICE : I was so frustrated with so much that had gone inside this car and still I wasn't getting any remarkable results. Anyhow, changed the ICE to something better. All ICE updates are here

I apologize for not getting any good quality pictures but I suck at using camera's. I will get some of my photographer friend to take a couple of good shots. And will also post night shots of the same very soon.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-1.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-2.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-3.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-4.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-5.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-6.jpg  

tusharsethi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Congrats on completing 12.5k clicks on your Road Runner tusharsethi.

Your Cruze looks Brilliant and probably one of the best looking rides on the forum. I know you might be bored of such requests, but can you please post some more....actually lots more pics of your stead ??
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 14:37   #110
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Tushar for a trouble free ownership till date.

I must confess you are extremely passionate about your car. Is it for all cars or just the Cruze?

Thats a whole bunch of mods that you added to your car from the last update and now your car looks every inch a bomb-shell from inside to outside

Can you please throw some lights on :-

1. Pricing for Projector Headlamps and was the problem faced with installer only monetary related or was due to a shoddy job?

2. I see that the LED's have been incorporated within the projecters. Is it part of the projector unit or separate? And, are they DRL's?

3. Pricing for the E-Class tail lamp? I have seen one white cruze in hyderabad with same taillamp cluster.

4. What do you do with stock equipment?

5. FE for the car seems darn low especially since yours is a manual. My suggestion is not to add any additives (Iftex D) as it will worsen things and stick to normal diesel.

6. Most importantly, how's the smoking situation? Hope it doesnt smoke terribly high under hard accelaration with RD box. Ever tried to assess the situation without the RD Box (I think you can now since you unplugged the box)

7. Your alloys are the most hottest looking alloys. Can you please share the brand and model no. with pricing? I think they would look equally mindblowing on a white cruze

Sorry for my long ask-list. Finally, If I may say, the Pioneer HU doesnt not seem to have been fitted too well. Or is the slot inappropriate for the HU?

Overally, great job and do keep updating regularly your thread. And, please keep posting pictures especially night time of the new lamps and interiors too
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 15:26   #111
BHPian

Hi Mobike,

My replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Tushar for a trouble free ownership till date.

I must confess you are extremely passionate about your car. Is it for all cars or just the Cruze?
I'm passionate about all cars but the Cruze just makes you want to do more

Thats a whole bunch of mods that you added to your car from the last update and now your car looks every inch a bomb-shell from inside to outside

Can you please throw some lights on :-

1. Pricing for Projector Headlamps and was the problem faced with installer only monetary related or was due to a shoddy job?
The problem faced with the installer was basically monetary and overall a bad experience, but the fitting and the end finish is perfect. Its basically a plug and play thing so there's not much that can go wrong here. The front projectors costed me 32k with HID's.

2. I see that the LED's have been incorporated within the projecters. Is it part of the projector unit or separate? And, are they DRL's?
It is part of the complete assembly. Its a complete replacement with exact couplers as a stock cruze. They are supposed to be DRL's, but there is no way to make them run without switching on the parking lamps without cutting a few wires which I didn't want to do.

3. Pricing for the E-Class tail lamp? I have seen one white cruze in hyderabad with same taillamp cluster.
The tail lamp is also a complete replacement which costed about 20k. You may not see why I got this but at night, it is tooo amazing. I will post night shots soon.

4. What do you do with stock equipment?
Stock equipment rests at home safely.

5. FE for the car seems darn low especially since yours is a manual. My suggestion is not to add any additives (Iftex D) as it will worsen things and stick to normal diesel.
The workshop people suggest using the bottle completely at once to clear out any adulterations in the system. I am still not sure about this. I will update more after I've driven the car once it comes back from the A.S.S.

6. Most importantly, how's the smoking situation? Hope it doesnt smoke terribly high under hard accelaration with RD box. Ever tried to assess the situation without the RD Box (I think you can now since you unplugged the box)
I'm sure you would be happy to know that there is hardly any smoke under hard acceleration with or without the box. Its the same as a regular Cruze and this was solved after cleaning the K&N properly.

7. Your alloys are the most hottest looking alloys. Can you please share the brand and model no. with pricing? I think they would look equally mindblowing on a white cruze
I've posted details of the alloys earlier. These are 17" Lenso ES7's. A set of 4 costed about 32k including shipping. For a white cruze, you can also see the Lenso ES6 which are present on my brother's Cruze. I've attached a picture for you to see.

Sorry for my long ask-list. Finally, If I may say, the Pioneer HU doesnt not seem to have been fitted too well. Or is the slot inappropriate for the HU?
The Headunit is fitted perfectly and its difficult to make that out in these photos. I will try to get better macro shots for you to see the fitting. But otherwise, There is not even a 0.01mm of alignment issue with the fascia.

Overally, great job and do keep updating regularly your thread. And, please keep posting pictures especially night time of the new lamps and interiors too
Will do that soon!
Cheers
Attached Images

tusharsethi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 22:39   #112
BHPian

Though i am not a fan of drl's but your headlamps are as awesome as they can be. You should post night shots too.

Lovely alloys you have on your car and your brother's. From where have you sourced the Lenso's.

Its good to know that you are not facing the smoke problem under hard acceleration as one of my friend is facing this issue with pete's in his verna.

Just saw your ice update. Never attempted job has actually turned out very well. From where did you get your ice done?

If you have any issues with revealing the sources on the forum, please pm me if its not a problem.
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 23:05   #113
Senior - BHPian

Tushar that Cruze looks Hott!

Few Suggestions:
Please get the High Security Plates for the Car.That red taping on the number plate isnt looking good.Or is it for some purpose?

CF Wrap the Chrome on the door handles and the Yellow part of the Chevy Logo.

Last edited by cityvic : 5th December 2011 at 23:22.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 01:24   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Lovely alloys you have on your car and your brother's. From where have you sourced the Lenso's.

Just saw your ice update. Never attempted job has actually turned out very well. From where did you get your ice done?
I sourced the alloys from Vicky at Bombay Tyres. I got the ICE done from Car Plus at Rishab Vihar, New Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Tushar that Cruze looks Hott!

Few Suggestions:
Please get the High Security Plates for the Car.That red taping on the number plate isnt looking good.Or is it for some purpose?

CF Wrap the Chrome on the door handles and the Yellow part of the Chevy Logo.
Hi,
I have the high security plates with me but they're tooo common here and the red taping is used if a government official travels in the car, for which my car is used sometimes(My uncle).

About the CF wrap, it is already on the way to the CF guy . I've been thinking the same thing for the past 2 months. I'm getting the chrome on the door handles, Chevy logo, the new din kit fascia i installed and also the panel next to the power window switches all in CF.

Cheers
tusharsethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 02:07   #115
anb
BHPian

Quote:

Price is only 20K!! Two months ago in ebay india website price was 26K. Now it is increased to 31K. From where did you buy the tail lamps? Don't you lose the warranty of electrical parts?
anb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 08:30   #116
BHPian

Few Suggestions:

1. Get the stickers on the rear removed. They spoil the look IMO.

2. Along with the interior CF wrapping, get the ORVM's as well the boot lip spoiler wrapped in CF.
Old 6th December 2011, 10:43   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
I sourced the alloys from Vicky at Bombay Tyres. I got the ICE done from Car Plus at Rishab Vihar, New Delhi.

Hi,
I have the high security plates with me but they're tooo common here and the red taping is used if a government official travels in the car, for which my car is used sometimes(My uncle).

About the CF wrap, it is already on the way to the CF guy . I've been thinking the same thing for the past 2 months. I'm getting the chrome on the door handles, Chevy logo, the new din kit fascia i installed and also the panel next to the power window switches all in CF.

Cheers
Nice.
Do post some pictures once its done.So anything else coming up soon for your Cruze?
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 14:22   #118
Team-BHP Support

You are a man of action. Already the car is getting CF wrapped. Is it fabric based? What type of people do this work?

I agree the stickers on the rear is not looking good. Too many of them. Keep the car deviod of stickers except for the mandatory ones ( TBHP)

Also, if your uncle doesnt travel too often, please remove the red sticker from the plate.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 18:50   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Few Suggestions:

1. Get the stickers on the rear removed. They spoil the look IMO.

2. Along with the interior CF wrapping, get the ORVM's as well the boot lip spoiler wrapped in CF.
I've already done the stickers thing . I didn't like them either, but my installer put them on.
I think the ORVM's will be too much. Spoiler is an idea I was thinking for a long time but once the lip spoiler is stuck on, taking it off for the CF will be tricky. I'm still not sure about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Nice.
Do post some pictures once its done.So anything else coming up soon for your Cruze?
Nothing else for a long time now. I've spent my budget of getting another car, on this one. So for atleast about 5-6 months, there will be nothing new in the car. Also, I think I've done all that I liked for a Cruze. I dont want to put it a stupid bodykit or something.

Quote:
You are a man of action. Already the car is getting CF wrapped. Is it fabric based? What type of people do this work?

I agree the stickers on the rear is not looking good. Too many of them. Keep the car deviod of stickers except for the mandatory ones ( TBHP)

Also, if your uncle doesnt travel too often, please remove the red sticker from the plate.
The CF is the 3M Vinyl based CF.
I've already changed the plates to the high security ones.

P.S. The car went in for the 10,000kms service yesterday(I had totally forgotten that it needs a service at 10k). I had removed the box for this purpose only and after getting it back, I did a 100kms trip and tanked up before leaving and coming back. With a light foot, the car returned an amazing fuel efficiency of 13.5kmpl. I have now forwarded this data to RaceDynamics and am waiting for their response. 8kmpl in P1 and 13.5kmpl Stock is a huge variation. I would have been ok if the difference was about 1kmpl.

I will update as soon as I get a response from RD.

Cheers
tusharsethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 19:49   #120
BHPian

here is a pic attached of cf ORVM cover. It will make things easier for you to decide.

this picture is from accord masters M3 thread
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0294small.jpg