Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 19:41   #16
BHPian
 
scuderiamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 344
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Niggles this and there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
THanks Wildon.


No no it happens quite often and I use my car regularly. No gap of 1-2 days till now.

@bluevolt: Thanks a lot. I will also try and put up some videos relating to the newly added features. Eg. Bluetooth.
It used to happen in our car too. If you find that the noise stops after driving a couple of kms, it probably water on the disks. try pumping the brakes a couple of times will moving slowly. Used to solve the problem for us.
scuderiamania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 20:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Accessories planned:
1) V-Kool windshield fim
2) Good car cover(any help?)
3)Good all round sunfilms. May be no V-Kool this time.
Congrats on your Korean Beauty ! I love the way the center console is designed. The black & silver combo is a killer in the looks department.

Answers for the above points:

2. Dont you have a covered parking? If so please do away with covers. It could bring a lot of scratches to the car if there is dust accumulated. Also please make sure you clean the windshields everyday if you park it in open space. The dust on the windshield could damage your wiper blades and scratch the front windshield as well.

3. Try 3M - its good. Not so very expensive as well. If you want a lower budget stuff, try Garware. But I strongly recommend 3M since good quality sunfilm can improve A/C efficiency. Llumar is also a good brand.

Please do insist on changing the oil during the first service. Its better for the car after run in.

Also wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th May 2011 at 20:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 22:21   #18
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon'l View Post
Congrats Pancham for the white i-Catcher and welcome to the Uber Cool Club.
White color is the most classic of the available for this car. It looks really good.

There is one thing I want to ask to the gurus here though. I went for my first free service of i20 CRDi yesterday and the SA there told me that there is no need for oil change till second service. I thought the run-in period required oil-change. Please enlighten.
thanks a lot monil. Your emails have helped me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The thread that i had been waiting for.Very well written,good sense of humour.

The i-20 looks handsome,that boot space is really good.

Congrats one again,hope so see the car and get a ride in it soon
Thanks Avishar. The thread I have been waiting for too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
It used to happen in our car too. If you find that the noise stops after driving a couple of kms, it probably water on the disks. try pumping the brakes a couple of times will moving slowly. Used to solve the problem for us.
Exactly!! I do the same and the sound goes away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on your Korean Beauty ! I love the way the center console is designed. The black & silver combo is a killer in the looks department.

Answers for the above points:

2. Dont you have a covered parking? If so please do away with covers. It could bring a lot of scratches to the car if there is dust accumulated. Also please make sure you clean the windshields everyday if you park it in open space. The dust on the windshield could damage your wiper blades and scratch the front windshield as well.
THanks a lot buddy. I have covered and uncovered parking. Uncovered parking is the place which is visible from our balcony. Actually I live in an apartment and there are quite a few people around here who are notorious for activities which have caused harm to vehicles(intentionally) and I dont want the same to happen to my i20. There are high chances if I keep it in the covered parking area since the car goes out of sight then. Little stupid but I dont want to take chances. Otherwise I would have preferred covered parking anyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
3. Try 3M - its good. Not so very expensive as well. If you want a lower budget stuff, try Garware. But I strongly recommend 3M since good quality sunfilm can improve A/C efficiency. Llumar is also a good brand.
3M is the one I know but out here good dealers are always pushing for Garware and Llumar. I wanted 3M only but they are reluctant. This only makes me think that the 3M could be fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Please do insist on changing the oil during the first service. Its better for the car after run in.

Also wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !!
THanks for the advice. I will surely do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Hm.. Make sure you are in neutral gear, then switch ON the engine then do a full left and then do an small right left maneuver. If sound comes then welcome to the "rattling club"
I have tried it Wildon and there was no noise. Phew!!

Last edited by Pancham : 30th May 2011 at 22:23.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 22:24   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,653
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Congrats for the i20. Its a spacious, practical, reliable car and I wish you hundreds of miles with it.

Surprised to know you've had a bad experience at the dealership. Pics look like its Spring Hyundai. 3 years ago, when I bought Predator, they were a young and inexperienced bunch, eager to please. They gave me able support on everything, though there were minor documentation issues.

Anyway, if you have problems with the Spring Service centre, let me know. I almost boss them around thanks to my longstanding relationship with them.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 22:54   #20
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Congrats for the i20. Its a spacious, practical, reliable car and I wish you hundreds of miles with it.

Surprised to know you've had a bad experience at the dealership. Pics look like its Spring Hyundai. 3 years ago, when I bought Predator, they were a young and inexperienced bunch, eager to please. They gave me able support on everything, though there were minor documentation issues.

Anyway, if you have problems with the Spring Service centre, let me know. I almost boss them around thanks to my longstanding relationship with them.
Even my bro bought an i10 3 years back and he had a good experience. Regarding the Service centre thingy I will surely approach you. You are a Saviour!!
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 23:44   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 2,570 Times
Default

Congrats on the car buddy.Finally it's here.

Tints: Would suggest you to get llumar.Have been using their products from the past 5 yrs.Most of our cars are llumard now.The llumar on my 5yr old innova still hasn't faded whereas the gar ware on our anhc faded in a year.They are pretty reasonable too.Costed us around 10k for the front and side,back tints.Which shops have you taken your quotes from?glix,xtreme.

Body Cover: stay away unless you want swirls on your car.I remember using one for the civic last year when it was new and the house was getting renovated to protet it from paint drops.

We use the Bengal Hyundai service for our getz and santro in bagmari.


Keep Revvin.
Rohin

Last edited by cityvic : 30th May 2011 at 23:51.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 23:51   #22
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

I have checked out shops in salt lake only== Xtreme, Velocity. Yet to check out Glix. Btw where did you get yours from??
Heard good things about Bengal Hyundai from a close friend.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 00:03   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 2,570 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham;
I have checked out shops in salt lake only== Xtreme, Velocity. Yet to check out Glix. Btw where did you get yours from??
Heard good things about Bengal Hyundai from a close friend.
I get my stuff from a shop called Status in our area.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 00:19   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Congratulations alot Pancham for buying the New i20 Asta 2011.
The changes for the latter(2011) are really Surprising & Refreshing.
Few ones which i've noticed are;
-Horizontal slat central AC vents like Hyundai Elantra.
-Call pick & drop controls on Steering wheel, as you've already stated.

Can you please throw some light on the other specific changes ?

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 31st May 2011 at 00:23. Reason: Text editing needed
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 10:35   #25
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
I get my stuff from a shop called Status in our area.
Yeah !! I have seen the STATUS sticker in many cars. How is Jaiswal Auto??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations alot Pancham for buying the New i20 Asta 2011.
The changes for the latter(2011) are really Surprising & Refreshing.
Few ones which i've noticed are;
-Horizontal slat central AC vents like Hyundai Elantra.
-Call pick & drop controls on Steering wheel, as you've already stated.

Can you please throw some light on the other specific changes ?
Thanks a lot

Well there are not many differences actually. The few I have noticed are :

1) Bluetooth for calls as well as playing music.

2) Spare wheel is no more alloy.

3) THe design of the A.C vents have been changed

4) The magna variant now comes with Auto A.C. I dont think this was there previously.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 10:53   #26
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 945 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Congratulations for your new i-catcher!

For car accessory shops, it actually depends what you are looking out for :

i) For expensive stuff and electrical or electronic components, branded sun-films stick with the big names, GLIX, RIX, XLUSIV, SAMIR, Xtreme, etc. In salt lake i would personally prefer Xtreme.

ii) For small, inexpensive items, mostly the cosmetic stuff like vinyls, door sills, door visors, chrome, etc. the shops at Kankurgachi would make more sense.

iii) For Alloys/Tyre, there's always Indo-Radial Club.

iv) For everything else, there's the A.$.$.
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 13:22   #27
BHPian
 
scuderiamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 344
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Congratulations for your new i-catcher!

For car accessory shops, it actually depends what you are looking out for :

i) For expensive stuff and electrical or electronic components, branded sun-films stick with the big names, GLIX, RIX, XLUSIV, SAMIR, Xtreme, etc. In salt lake i would personally prefer Xtreme.

ii) For small, inexpensive items, mostly the cosmetic stuff like vinyls, door sills, door visors, chrome, etc. the shops at Kankurgachi would make more sense.

iii) For Alloys/Tyre, there's always Indo-Radial Club.

iv) For everything else, there's the A.$.$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have checked out shops in salt lake only== Xtreme, Velocity. Yet to check out Glix. Btw where did you get yours from??
Heard good things about Bengal Hyundai from a close friend.
Xtreme is quite a reliable place. My father gets all his accessories fitted from there as well. As far as I remember, Subho had insisted my father to go for 3M. He got people from 3M to come to his [now closed] facility near Bidhannagar swimming pool and install the sunfilm. Installation too was top notch.

Like mi2n, my father too got his tyres form Indo Radial. Xtreme has of late started keeping alloys but the choice is restricted. Also, I am not sure if they have the proper equipment to put the tyres on the alloys.
scuderiamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 13:54   #28
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Congratulations for your new i-catcher!

For car accessory shops, it actually depends what you are looking out for :

i) For expensive stuff and electrical or electronic components, branded sun-films stick with the big names, GLIX, RIX, XLUSIV, SAMIR, Xtreme, etc. In salt lake i would personally prefer Xtreme.

ii) For small, inexpensive items, mostly the cosmetic stuff like vinyls, door sills, door visors, chrome, etc. the shops at Kankurgachi would make more sense.

iii) For Alloys/Tyre, there's always Indo-Radial Club.

iv) For everything else, there's the A.$.$.
I think i will go to GLIX and check out. I seriously want 3M and only 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Xtreme is quite a reliable place. My father gets all his accessories fitted from there as well. As far as I remember, Subho had insisted my father to go for 3M. He got people from 3M to come to his [now closed] facility near Bidhannagar swimming pool and install the sunfilm. Installation too was top notch.

Like mi2n, my father too got his tyres form Indo Radial. Xtreme has of late started keeping alloys but the choice is restricted. Also, I am not sure if they have the proper equipment to put the tyres on the alloys.
This is wierd because he was insisting me to take garware or Llumar. It seemed either he had no 3M sunfilms or the ones which he had were not original. Just my thought.

By the way mi2n I called up VKOOL the other day. Can you tell me if you got any discounts on the sunfilms you got??
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:19   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

at GLIX, SaltLake get in touch with Karan Agarwal. He is a Team BHPian (ace6120). i can let him know that you may be going for a dekho / demo, if you want.

for review and details, see the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...e-kolkata.html (Car Accessories - Marks & Glix (Salt Lake, Kolkata))

Last edited by planet_rocker : 31st May 2011 at 14:25.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:32   #30
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 945 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I think i will go to GLIX and check out. I seriously want 3M and only 3M.



This is wierd because he was insisting me to take garware or Llumar. It seemed either he had no 3M sunfilms or the ones which he had were not original. Just my thought.

By the way mi2n I called up VKOOL the other day. Can you tell me if you got any discounts on the sunfilms you got??
I'm not sure if any official discounts are being offered at present at V-Kool, but u surely can negotiate the rates to a large extent. I did get somewhere around INR 1000 deducted from the listed price when i got my T35 done.

Coming to 3M, i think even Glix will try to push for Garware. Last time i visited Glix for sunfilms, they only had Garware and Llumar.
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced skanchan95 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 305 27th October 2017 14:07
Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update Bubby Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 1st April 2017 10:31
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years sagarpadaki Long-Term Ownership Reviews 108 17th January 2015 11:04
i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol : 1st i20 2011 model on Team-BHP Forum Suess Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 29th May 2013 12:15
My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 25th August 2012 12:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks