Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 16:55   #31
BHPian
 
flyingkolors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Congrats on your new car, Pancham. It surely is an eye catcher. Drive her safe.

And dont worry about those small niggles/sounds. I had them in my car too for the first two weeks or so. Once the car ran in the initial 1000 kms or so, its been butter smooth.

And thankfully no rattlings yet on my car. Its run 3000km till date.

And, hope it will be the same for you too! Keep posting your experiences.
flyingkolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 18:31   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 2,570 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Congratulations for your new i-catcher!

For car accessory shops, it actually depends what you are looking out for :

i) For expensive stuff and electrical or electronic components, branded sun-films stick with the big names, GLIX, RIX, XLUSIV, SAMIR, Xtreme, etc. In salt lake i would personally prefer Xtreme.

ii) For small, inexpensive items, mostly the cosmetic stuff like vinyls, door sills, door visors, chrome, etc. the shops at Kankurgachi would make more sense.

iii) For Alloys/Tyre, there's always Indo-Radial Club.

iv) For everything else, there's the A.$.$.

Mi2n I can assure you that you will get excellent quality stuff and cheapest rates at status.The work quality is excellent too.For any doubts please see my cars.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 20:49   #33
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
at GLIX, SaltLake get in touch with Karan Agarwal. He is a Team BHPian (ace6120). i can let him know that you may be going for a dekho / demo, if you want.

for review and details, see the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...e-kolkata.html (Car Accessories - Marks & Glix (Salt Lake, Kolkata))
Oh!! That would be great. Hope they have 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
I'm not sure if any official discounts are being offered at present at V-Kool, but u surely can negotiate the rates to a large extent. I did get somewhere around INR 1000 deducted from the listed price when i got my T35 done.

Coming to 3M, i think even Glix will try to push for Garware. Last time i visited Glix for sunfilms, they only had Garware and Llumar.
I had a talk with Sourav from VKOOL. Do you know him? He told me something about discounts which I dont want to disclose here. Will pm you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Congrats on your new car, Pancham. It surely is an eye catcher. Drive her safe.

And dont worry about those small niggles/sounds. I had them in my car too for the first two weeks or so. Once the car ran in the initial 1000 kms or so, its been butter smooth.

And thankfully no rattlings yet on my car. Its run 3000km till date.

And, hope it will be the same for you too! Keep posting your experiences.
Thanks a lot flying colors. My car has done 400 Kms. Hope everything irons out
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Mi2n I can assure you that you will get excellent quality stuff and cheapest rates at status.The work quality is excellent too.For any doubts please see my cars.
Will check out status too.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 21:14   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Congrats on the white knight. Detailed report you got there!
I see kolkatans pouring in suggestions for aftermarket stuff
If I might suggest - get some better mats. Also - any tire upgrades planned?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 22:14   #35
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats on the white knight. Detailed report you got there!
I see kolkatans pouring in suggestions for aftermarket stuff
If I might suggest - get some better mats. Also - any tire upgrades planned?
Hey great to hear from you. There have been some good reviews about the stock Apollo Acelere. Almost all the i20 owners are satisfied. Although I am not entirely happy with them. the ride is a little bumpy. Tire pressure has been reduced to 33 Psi from 40 Psi. Still the ride quality is not that good.
P.S: Whatever happens no tire upgrade for the time being.

One more question:
Has anyone got the High Security Registration Plates here in Kolkata? I will be getting those next week from the Beltola RTO. The dealer has filled the form for me. The rest of the things we have to do on our own. Anyone has any idea about the whole process.

Last edited by Pancham : 31st May 2011 at 22:18.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 23:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
3M is the one I know but out here good dealers are always pushing for Garware and Llumar. I wanted 3M only but they are reluctant. This only makes me think that the 3M could be fake.
I dont think its fake ! It might have more to do with the margins they have on Llumar & Garware [better margins compared to 3M]. If the dealer is authorized 3M guy, then the stuff should be genuine. Having said these, its your choice. So please go ahead with what you like and whats in your budget. But keep Garware as the last option. Also try and spend some amount on the front windshield film. You would not be disappointed.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 00:13   #37
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
. Also try and spend some amount on the front windshield film. You would not be disappointed.
I had actually mentioned about this earlier . I think I will be going for VKOOL for the front W/S. It is more important to me than the sides windows as most of the heat enters from there. Right? Plus there is also the high beam which hits your eyes and is very irritating.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 00:51   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I had actually mentioned about this earlier . I think I will be going for VKOOL for the front W/S. It is more important to me than the sides windows as most of the heat enters from there. Right? Plus there is also the high beam which hits your eyes and is very irritating.
Now thats UBER COOL !! I thought you would not be using V-Kool at all. Nothing beats V-Kool on the front windshield. Top Class selection !
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 10:14   #39
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 945 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Mi2n I can assure you that you will get excellent quality stuff and cheapest rates at status.The work quality is excellent too.For any doubts please see my cars.
I have been to Status once in search of Illuminated Door Sills, but the quote was extremely high(Rs2.4k), maybe it was of superior quality but i found the same sills at Rs.1.1k at Bombay Motors(Lenin Sarani).
Even for the solar powered flowers which can be had for 50 bucks in Kankurgachi, they were quoting Rs.130. However, the store has lots of stock including high quality sunfilms, but still even the shop next to it (Rainbow Auto) had a much fairer pricing. Maybe next time i'll take your reference.

@ Pancham

Yes, i do know Sourav from V-Kool, and if he was talking about how you would get the films done at lesser pricing if u get the installation done at your home, ask him to charge the same even if you get the installation done at their showroom. He will surely agree. Make sure Sourav is present at the showroom when u go there, else tell the staff that you have been sent by your Hyundai dealer. For front windshield VK70 u should be charged something around 8 - 8.5k at most.
P.S. : Do be careful climbing on that make shift ramp they have(if they still have not done something about it). I almost smoked my clutch getting into their showroom.
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 11:15   #40
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now thats UBER COOL !! I thought you would not be using V-Kool at all. Nothing beats V-Kool on the front windshield. Top Class selection !
I know. I should be getting those by the middle of this month. ** Provided nothing gets in the way. Eg. My papa's mood. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
@ Pancham

Yes, i do know Sourav from V-Kool, and if he was talking about how you would get the films done at lesser pricing if u get the installation done at your home, ask him to charge the same even if you get the installation done at their showroom. He will surely agree. Make sure Sourav is present at the showroom when u go there, else tell the staff that you have been sent by your Hyundai dealer. For front windshield VK70 u should be charged something around 8 - 8.5k at most.
P.S. : Do be careful climbing on that make shift ramp they have(if they still have not done something about it). I almost smoked my clutch getting into their showroom.
He said there are two models. Superior one is 13K and inferior one (which I may get) is 9K. But dont you think doing the job at home is a little convinient or is there something else I am missing out on.??
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 11:42   #41
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 422
Thanked: 945 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

He said there are two models. Superior one is 13K and inferior one (which I may get) is 9K. But dont you think doing the job at home is a little convinient or is there something else I am missing out on.??
I think he was referring to VK70(superior one) and J60(Inferior one). Stick with VK70 and tell him that they were offering VK70 for 8.5k in March. Try to clinch a similar deal.
Coming to installations at home, there is no harm as such. Its just that i realized that they use various tools for the job, some even require power. Moreover, they need extra sheets in case the installation does not go smoothly, in my case they applied the film on the rear left window twice, apparently, the first installation was not upto their satisfaction. So, purely judging by the need for extra equipments(which they may not be carrying to your place), need for electrical connectivity and spares which are readily available at the showroom, i preferred to get the job done there itself. V-Kool sheets don't come in car specific boxes as gareware/llumar etc. So, at the showroom u get to witness the film being cut out from huge rolls draped in cardboard boxes carrying the specifications, in person. So u know for sure that u get what u have paid for.
mi2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:05   #42
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
I think he was referring to VK70(superior one) and J60(Inferior one). Stick with VK70 and tell him that they were offering VK70 for 8.5k in March. Try to clinch a similar deal.
Coming to installations at home, there is no harm as such. Its just that i realized that they use various tools for the job, some even require power. Moreover, they need extra sheets in case the installation does not go smoothly, in my case they applied the film on the rear left window twice, apparently, the first installation was not upto their satisfaction. So, purely judging by the need for extra equipments(which they may not be carrying to your place), need for electrical connectivity and spares which are readily available at the showroom, i preferred to get the job done there itself. V-Kool sheets don't come in car specific boxes as gareware/llumar etc. So, at the showroom u get to witness the film being cut out from huge rolls draped in cardboard boxes carrying the specifications, in person. So u know for sure that u get what u have paid for.
Yes he mentioned that The VK70 would be 13K. Do you seriously think they will bring down 13K to somewhere around 9K???


To ALL. I have a doubt. Is it "not" advisable to roll down windows during rain as the water may damage the electricals?? Also since there is water on the glass too. help me out.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:11   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
To ALL. I have a doubt. Is it "not" advisable to roll down windows during rain as the water may damage the electricals?? Also since there is water on the glass too. help me out.
errr! what?

even when windows are rolled up, small amount of rain water seeps in through the rain water drain channels. It is better to roll up

Last edited by planet_rocker : 1st June 2011 at 13:12.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 22:02   #44
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Does anyone have any idea about a place from where I can get 3M genuine sun films ??? The accessory shops do not seem too enthusiastic about 3M.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:55   #45
BHPian
 
Ram_NP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 354
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Pancham, when I was looking for sunfilm for my Honda city one year back, no shop around Salt Lake was offering 3M. Even in Park circus area, all shops were offering Garware or Llumar.

I called 3M office in Bangalore and they said they are yet to have a authorised dealer in Kolkata (a year back).

Now, may be they have authorised dealer. Please check their website or else call 3M head office.

Finally, I settled for LLumar, as VKool was out of my budget. I got it installed from Glix in Salt lake.

Installation was done by Llumar technicians and the work was carried out neatly. I have Llumar AIR75 on front and back windshield and PP50 for sides.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced skanchan95 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 305 27th October 2017 14:07
Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update Bubby Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 1st April 2017 10:31
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years sagarpadaki Long-Term Ownership Reviews 108 17th January 2015 11:04
i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol : 1st i20 2011 model on Team-BHP Forum Suess Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 29th May 2013 12:15
My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 25th August 2012 12:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks