Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th July 2011, 18:56   #16

Default re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (Option)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delhiwarrior View Post
Congrats Rajandroid!

The car looks absolutely stunning! I agree with EARTHed, Ford has got the pricing completely wrong.

Would appreciate some more pictures of your beauty, especially the interiors.

Again, congratulations
Thanks!! Fiesta has some of the features also missing and HMI is just a toy for me (Drove BMW a lot in USA but hardly used their HMI) and pedals are really hard for the city driving so pricing is absolutely gone wrong.
I'll post more pics soon.
rajandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:26   #17
BHPian

Congrats for fluidic purchase. Wow for TOP end version as you will enjoy exclusive features.
I think your decision was very much right not to go for New fiesta as it's really not a looker and VFM.
Enjoy the Gadgets and do report about your experience with more usage.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 09:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Congrats on buying the Fluidic Verna !!

a. How are you or your family members finding the back seats ? Are they comfortable?
b. Can 5 adults be seated in relative comfort ? This may not be able to accommodate 5 folks like Manza, however.

Looking forward to your experiences and reports.

Wishing many miles of smiles and happy and safe driving.
Back seat is being used by my 8 yrs old kid and he's most of the time busy standing or playing so can't count his opinion but I've traveled with my colleagues to lunch and they were definitely comfortable (all 5.5 to 5.9). I checked with them again today and they said they were pretty comfortable there.
Old 28th July 2011, 16:58   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (Option)

Congrats on your purchase Rajandroid. Your quick decision making ensured that you were one of the first to get your car and did not have to wait.

Like you, I too have a Getz (GVS - 1.3), which I am now considering replacing with Fluidic Verna. As my monthly running is similar to yours, <1000 Km per month, of which 99% is in the city, my preference is also for Petrol. Infact, am floored by the interiors and gadgets on offer, and for this reason alone, have not considered the Vento and City.

You seem to be one of the few Petrol owners on this forum. Have a couple of questions;
  1. What is the F.E on Verna Vs Getz under similar conditions
  2. Difference in handling between Getz and Verna (is it better or worse at similar high speeds)
risga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 18:16   #20
BHPian

Congrats on your all new Fluidic Verna.

I too own the Petrol Getz GLX. I am pretty happy with it and the way the steering weighs up on curves and high speeds. Since you too have a Getz, can you please compare its steering with the new Verna? Also how is the pickup of the Verna as compared to the Getz? I know it will defintely be better, but upgrading from Getz to Verna, it is really a huge difference in pickup? Thanks..

And please, some interiors pics as well!!!

Last edited by pamishra : 28th July 2011 at 18:19.
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 18:17   #21
BHPian

Congrats for your new set of wheels! It certainly is a vehicle with a lot of curves and style.
I test drove the Verna 3-4 days back from a personal source. Wasn't able to confirm certain things.Would appreciate if you can answer my queries:
1. Can the windows be rolled up and down from the remote control?
2. Do all the windows have one touch up & down ?
3. Do the windows come with a pinch-guard feature i.e. if someone's fingers accidentally come in between while rolling up, the window automatically rolls back down.
4. Does Hyundai provide a set of 4 or 5 alloys?

Thanks and have a great time with your beloved
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 13:40   #22
BHPian

@Gaurav. I did a test drive for the Verna today, and can answer your queries
1. No, windows cannot be controlled by remote (Vento has this feature)
2. Only drivers side, and auto down only
3. No pinch guard feature
4. Checked the SX model spare, and it was an alloy

Infact, after the test drive, I am sure about buying the SX version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Congrats for your new set of wheels! It certainly is a vehicle with a lot of curves and style.
I test drove the Verna 3-4 days back from a personal source. Wasn't able to confirm certain things.Would appreciate if you can answer my queries:
3. Do the windows come with a pinch-guard feature i.e. if someone's fingers accidentally come in between while rolling up, the window automatically rolls back down.

risga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 14:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
@Gaurav. I did a test drive for the Verna today, and can answer your queries
1. No, windows cannot be controlled by remote (Vento has this feature)
2. Only drivers side, and auto down only
3. No pinch guard feature
4. Checked the SX model spare, and it was an alloy

Infact, after the test drive, I am sure about buying the SX version.

Thanks for the info. Yes, Vento has the features 1-3 although it has a set of 4 alloys.
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 09:08   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Congrats on your purchase Rajandroid. Your quick decision making ensured that you were one of the first to get your car and did not have to wait.

Like you, I too have a Getz (GVS - 1.3), which I am now considering replacing with Fluidic Verna. As my monthly running is similar to yours, <1000 Km per month, of which 99% is in the city, my preference is also for Petrol. Infact, am floored by the interiors and gadgets on offer, and for this reason alone, have not considered the Vento and City.

You seem to be one of the few Petrol owners on this forum. Have a couple of questions;
  2. Difference in handling between Getz and Verna (is it better or worse at similar high speeds)
    Verna gives 3 KMPL more than my Getz. It's awesome to have bigger car which is less fuel guzzler than the smaller one. It's because of the new engine and Eco Drive System which keeps me on my toes all the time.
    I feel more confident in Getz on higher speed than I feel in Verna but on speed lesser than 100, you'll find Verna much better. I'd like to highlight the driving comfort which is 300% higher in Verna. I still own both the cars and keep switching as per will so I keep comparing both of these.
rajandroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 09:12   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Congrats on your all new Fluidic Verna.

I too own the Petrol Getz GLX. I am pretty happy with it and the way the steering weighs up on curves and high speeds. Since you too have a Getz, can you please compare its steering with the new Verna? Also how is the pickup of the Verna as compared to the Getz? I know it will defintely be better, but upgrading from Getz to Verna, it is really a huge difference in pickup? Thanks..

And please, some interiors pics as well!!!
Steering comfort is much better in Verna than Getz but Getz steering weighing up thing is not their in Verna so on high speed (100+), you'll feel more confident in Getz than in Verna.
You can't compare Getz pickup with Verna...Verna is like a rocket and zooms past pretty much every vehicle. I've learnt to control the steering even on high speed (Being a gamer) so I'm comfortable even on 150 speed. You'll find Verna's engine much more torquey. Getz will be kilometers behind in like few minutes.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:16   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post

1. No, you have motorized power windows so you can control (Driver has all window access and rest of the passengers have their individual controls).
2. No, passengers need to keep the button pressed but driver has one touch up n down.
3. Need to check this. Good point btw.
4. they provide 5 alloys.

Last edited by rajandroid : 10th August 2011 at 09:33.
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:15   #27

hey Rajandroid-first of all congratulations on your purchase though it's late in the day. So whats the latest experience update on the car? A few pictures of the interiors would be highly appreciated.
JSK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 08:46   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
hey Rajandroid-first of all congratulations on your purchase though it's late in the day. So whats the latest experience update on the car? A few pictures of the interiors would be highly appreciated.
Experience is growing and I'm completely satisfied with the car. It has undergone first service which was nicely done. Handling is superb, suspension is awesome when going over those deep ditches due to rain and mileage is pretty nice too. I'm getting my car modded so will update exterior and interior pics.
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (Option)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajandroid View Post
Experience is growing and I'm completely satisfied with the car. It has undergone first service which was nicely done. Handling is superb, suspension is awesome when going over those deep ditches due to rain and mileage is pretty nice too. I'm getting my car modded so will update exterior and interior pics.
Quote:
I've got the body color changed to vermilion red and did some body graphics and got spoiler and scuds from USA so now car stands out in the crowd
Read it in another thread that you did these changes in your Verna. Please do post pics of the same, as there are no pics of modded fluidic Verna in T-Bhp.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 22:52   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajandroid View Post
    Verna gives 3 KMPL more than my Getz. It's awesome to have bigger car which is less fuel guzzler than the smaller one. It's because of the new engine and Eco Drive System which keeps me on my toes all the time.
    I feel more confident in Getz on higher speed than I feel in Verna but on speed lesser than 100, you'll find Verna much better. I'd like to highlight the driving comfort which is 300% higher in Verna. I still own both the cars and keep switching as per will so I keep comparing both of these.
Hi, I'm considering the VTVT SX(O). Your thread was really helpful so thanks for that. Would appreciate if you could please share more recent FE of your VTVT.
NFSfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote