Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd June 2011, 17:21   #31

Default Re: My Blue Saphire - Shadow Blue Vento Highline

Oh my god! The already gorgeous vento looks like a total stunner in blue! Oh, i am so jealous! Anyways, congratulations on your purchase and take good care of her.

PS: how i wish ford made figo in 'fiesta 1.6' blue! :(
fullspeedahead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 15:57   #32
BHPian

Congrats Man!!! Welcome to the Club. i have just finished 6 months with my white Vento TDI Highline and even ~ 8500 kms still enjoy driving it. the turbo kick is super addictive.

i am also in a similar dilemma wrt to the music system change. if and when i go for it i will mostly be pioneer because my budge at max would stretch to 35-40k.

a mention about the ANHV which i think looks gorgeous and has killer features (clincher being the auto box which sadly is not even an option on the Vento), one passed me by on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and i touched ~170 and still couldnt catch up. that was kinda impressive to me.

Congrats once again.
miharbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 17:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Congrats Classic86. Your Bluey looks fantastic! Do keep updating this thread of Life with a Vento.

Regarding Handling, as sharma says, FIAT has that magic of handling the best. Simply unbeatable.
+ 1 for ride for Linea but handling goes to Fiesta any day.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 19:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car!

Blue is a very good colour for the Vento. I think it looks even better in flesh than in the pictures. I saw a blue Vento on the road a few weeks back and it looked very graceful while in motion. Hope you have a long and happy ownership experience.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 00:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
The guys at sprocket at ameerpet said that he would be getting next week, but i am not so sure.

I did go to the stanley showroom in 36 rd they quoted me touch classic at 27000 and touch satin at 34 odd ( i am not sure) this the half leather and half other. Did they give you any discount, and does the leather and non leather material match.
They gave me a discount of 3000 after some tough bargaining. One day he didn't budge in but when I visited him again he accepted my offer immediately. So depends on the mood of the person at the front desk. I don't remember the name of the person but he should be at the front desk and his name starts with S. To my eyes, non-leather matches 80% nearer to pure leather but will spoil much faster. The main reason I didn't go for outside dealers is that they could mix up the materials. Better to go with a branded guarantee assuming these people are professional.
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 00:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Congrats on your purchase, Vento is indeed a beautiful car..

I love Blue, as blue stand for Truth. And Vento looks classic in this colour.

Can you guide me on the Final price inclusive of Taxes.

Also My B.I.L is planning to buy either a FIAT Punto / Linea / ANHV or the Vento diesel. I noticed you have test driven the ANHV but it would be nice if you could share the key differences you might has seen between these before make a decision.

Safe driving!
The final price in Hyd inclusive of taxes is 11.3 lakhs. It will be in the same ball-park in Bangalore too.

The main difference between ANHV and Vento in brief are

Ride and Handling - Vento is solid on the highways and corners well with very little body roll-over. Verna is wobbly on the highways because of a soft suspension setup and you will feel the potholes and speed-brakers more in the Verna than in the Vento.

Features and Value for money Verna is an outright winner in this department for a comparable trim level.

Engine and Perfomance Vento is fun to ride with the very minute turbo-lag around 1000-1500 rpm. You will get the rubber-band effect after 1500 rpm resulting in a exhilarating drive. Whereas Verna has a progressive and linear acceleration. So the drive is sedate and humble. Selection is subjective in this department.

Quality, Sales and Service Personally, I felt the quality of plastics, interiors, and exteriors are much better in Vento. I prefer quality any day over features. Gives me an assurance and trust towards a brand. With VW, you get a brand value. However, in India Hyundai is better in the sales and service department. Yet, they still have to go a distance in terms of quality with respect to german automakers.

Hope this brief data helps your BIL in his choice. If he is interested in diesel, tell him to choose between Verna and Vento. If it's petrol, then City, Verna or upcoming Fiesta. But keep in mind that it's always good to test drive all the cars immediately in the same stretch of road if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats!!! The Vento looks smashing in this color! Nice choice for interior trim too!

I haven't gone through all your posts, hence asking. Any plans of getting sunfilms? Even the milder ones will make the car look even better!

Enjoy and drive safe!
Just waiting for the registration to be done brother! Waiting for the number 1717. It was the number for my outgoing Opel Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Congrats Classic86 :-) The leather seats looks great. I see that you have paid 30000. Where did you get them in Hyderabad? Appreciate the info. Again congrats and happy cruiseing :-)
Stanley leather. Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. Opposite Minerva Coffee Shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congrats Man!!! Welcome to the Club. i have just finished 6 months with my white Vento TDI Highline and even ~ 8500 kms still enjoy driving it. the turbo kick is super addictive.

i am also in a similar dilemma wrt to the music system change. if and when i go for it i will mostly be pioneer because my budge at max would stretch to 35-40k.

a mention about the ANHV which i think looks gorgeous and has killer features (clincher being the auto box which sadly is not even an option on the Vento), one passed me by on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and i touched ~170 and still couldnt catch up. that was kinda impressive to me.

Congrats once again.
Well, my sales manager has put a request to VW on the IPL music systems keeping in mind the virtual demand I created at least in Hyderabad. So let's see how it goes. Might hear from him in a day or two.

The auto box in ANHV is a 4-speed. I don't think its a great one. Very sluggish to what I have heard of it.

I was easily doing 180+ on the outer ring-road in Hyderabad few days ago. Wonder why you couldn't catch up with ANHV. I will post that pic in a day or two. It's with my friend. The acceleration in the 5th gear is simply amazing.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 07:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Well, my sales manager has put a request to VW on the IPL music systems keeping in mind the virtual demand I created at least in Hyderabad. So let's see how it goes. Might hear from him in a day or two.
Hi,

Is ths IPL system a proper VW OEM unit and if so, have you tried it out? I believe it is not a pedigree system and the interface is buggy etc.

Further, wonder if there is any scope of VW updating the Vento Highline with steering-mounted controls and BT, Aux & USB? Doesn't really cost too much and the way ANHV is pulling prospectives to their showroom with these bells and whistles must be worrying VW!

If you look at the buzz in motoring forums, loads of people are immediately changing ther Polo and Vento HUs. VW should capture this market ASAP.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 09:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi,

Is ths IPL system a proper VW OEM unit and if so, have you tried it out? I believe it is not a pedigree system and the interface is buggy etc.

Further, wonder if there is any scope of VW updating the Vento Highline with steering-mounted controls and BT, Aux & USB? Doesn't really cost too much and the way ANHV is pulling prospectives to their showroom with these bells and whistles must be worrying VW!

If you look at the buzz in motoring forums, loads of people are immediately changing ther Polo and Vento HUs. VW should capture this market ASAP.
It's a VW OEM unit. I have just had a brief glimpse of it. Yes, the software is occasionally buggy. But I'm assuming even Witson is of the same type.

Yes, there is an update coming for the Polo/Vento by this year end or sometime early next year with the above mentioned features. I don't think VW considers this market as so huge. Pity them though.
Old 6th June 2011, 12:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:

The auto box in ANHV is a 4-speed. I don't think its a great one. Very sluggish to what I have heard of it.

I was easily doing 180+ on the outer ring-road in Hyderabad few days ago. Wonder why you couldn't catch up with ANHV. I will post that pic in a day or two. It's with my friend. The acceleration in the 5th gear is simply amazing.
i also checked VW Navi Mumbai and they asked me to come back post the IPL. it would be best if i could get that system.

as regards the auto box i would have loved to have one in the Mumbai city traffic sometimes controlling the torque is really difficult in stop and go traffic and i have banged my car a few times because the brakes couldnt keep up.

i reached 170 pretty effortlessly probably could reach 190 also but by that time i got caught in some traffic and the ANHV zoomed ahead from the hard corner (some other time perhaps)

it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep us posted on the IPL edition music system in terms of availability, prices and if possible performance
Old 7th June 2011, 13:31   #40
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Classic on the wonderful vento - the best available diesel sedan under 11lakhs. Seatcovers are classic. The colors are contrast to the blue color of the car. Happy and safe motoring. Post more pics.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 23:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
i also checked VW Navi Mumbai and they asked me to come back post the IPL. it would be best if i could get that system.

as regards the auto box i would have loved to have one in the Mumbai city traffic sometimes controlling the torque is really difficult in stop and go traffic and i have banged my car a few times because the brakes couldnt keep up.

i reached 170 pretty effortlessly probably could reach 190 also but by that time i got caught in some traffic and the ANHV zoomed ahead from the hard corner (some other time perhaps)

it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep us posted on the IPL edition music system in terms of availability, prices and if possible performance
Contacted my sales manager and he says VW is considering an extension of one more month on the IPL edition Vento. So he suggested me to wait.
Old 10th June 2011, 23:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Contacted my sales manager and he says VW is considering an extension of one more month on the IPL edition Vento. So he suggested me to wait.
this is really quite frustrating. lets hope they clear the IPL edition before the next edition of the IPL . btw have you seen this system or heard it or know the detailed functionalities.

i will in any case keep an eye out for this thread. i am unfortunately unable to PM as i aint a BHPian yet hence the post.
Old 15th July 2011, 23:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
this is really quite frustrating. lets hope they clear the IPL edition before the next edition of the IPL . btw have you seen this system or heard it or know the detailed functionalities.

i will in any case keep an eye out for this thread. i am unfortunately unable to PM as i aint a BHPian yet hence the post.
The system is good in terms of features. However, the software is sluggish and buggy. The accessories guy told me that they usually update the software every 3-6 months. And the update on price is that it might cost more than 30k if released alone. With this news I changed my mind about IPL edition music system.
Old 5th September 2011, 13:22   #44
BHPian

My head unit setup is available over here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2493496

I upgraded to JVC-846. Works great.
Old 15th February 2012, 20:00   #45
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86

My only additions to the car are

pure Stanley Satin leather seats, which costed me Rs. 30000/-, parking sensors, VW floor mats (intend to change to Kagu 3D mats but unable to find them in Hyderabad, help would be appreciated), and VW mudguards, which are surprisingly not touching at speed-breakers.

hi could you let me know where is the Stanley outlet that you got your seats done, any bargains? I suppose this is classic variant on Stanley?, lastly the cost include for door trims , streeing and gear knob cover too?
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote