Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th August 2011, 13:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Man on diet is here!! The Maruti SX4 VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Fuel efficiency update @ 5700 kms (didnt note the exact Odo reading but this is approximate based on my current reading)

Total Km ran - 592.5 km
Total Fuel used - 34.59 litres
Efficiency - 17.1 kmpl

Other Update - Of lately I have realized that the in-cabin engine noise and harshness has increased a bit, I never realized this in my earlier Swift D because it was gradual and Swift was not as silent as SX4 D.

In bumper to bumper traffic when I have to use the clutch a lot I feel that now more vibration is transmitted (through the clutch pedal) then it used to be sometime back.

Anything that I can get checked, one thing to be noted here is that SX4 D has hydraulic engine mounts should I get them checked ?

Otherwise the car is performing like a rocket.

Rajat, the milege figures you have been getting are simply great. Any plans of taking the car to Ladhakh or some other place which has rough roads. The good ground clearance and the big boot makie it ideal for such a trip.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 14:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Rajat, the milege figures you have been getting are simply great. Any plans of taking the car to Ladhakh or some other place which has rough roads. The good ground clearance and the big boot makie it ideal for such a trip.
Yes Rajneeesh, and this is with lots of spirited driving, because torque is simply amazing and addictive from 1800 rpm all the way upto 2500 rpm (not that it dies off after that, I don't find a road in my daily commute to test it further). About Ladakh, this is THE trip for any trip-head (like me), this is in the pipeline but before that planning to get a under body armor for the sump. At 170mm the ground clearance is good but nothing phenomenal. But yes the boot is enormous, recently we did a 3 day trip to Uttaranchal, there was no issue in luggage storage
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 23:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Let me know when you get the sump guard.I believe there is a Workshop in Sector 1 Noida who do that kind of stuff. Performance something. My memory fails me. I believe the GC has been reduced in the newer models. My SX4 ZXi has a GC of 190 mm. In Vxi it was lower by 10 mm.

Please let me know when you visit Ladakh. I plan to do it sometime next summer. In case things work out we can make it a two car affair.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:51   #64
BHPian

Sharing some fuel efficiency data, have been quite good for a car this size. Fuel efficiency returned was low when I was driving the car as per Maruti's instructions (shift to top gear as soon as you touch 50 kmph). But thing improve when I kept the rpm at 2000 in 4th gear (translates to around 60 kmph).

The 27 kmpl was returned when my dad drove the car on the highway with average speed of around 85 kmph
Attached Images

rajatsingh78 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:15   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

How much has your car run so far? Do you have any rattles in it now ?

How did you calculate the 27 kmpl data? Was it after a tankful-tankful method? I don't remember SX4 coming up with a DTE or the likes!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How much has your car run so far? Do you have any rattles in it now ?

How did you calculate the 27 kmpl data? Was it after a tankful-tankful method? I don't remember SX4 coming up with a DTE or the likes!
Car has completed around 18500 kms and no rattles,

All calculations are after tankful to tankful method (my SX4 is diesel)

To every one here, there is something weird that I noticed, the rear quarter on both the sides have some sort of crease that has appeared.

Attaching the pics that I took for some comments, please advice how and why has this happened
Attached Images

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 3rd March 2012 at 23:55.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:08   #67
BHPian

guys please help me out here
Old 6th March 2012, 15:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Is your car still in warranty (standard or extended)?
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 18:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys please help me out here
This is really strange ....never heard of this kind of issue before.
Are you sure it was not there when you bought it?

It looks like it has been struck from inside. Did you have any speakers fitted in the rear-parcel tray? Maybe the guys who fitted it caused this? just a random thought.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 6th March 2012 at 18:02.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 18:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Is your car still in warranty (standard or extended)?
Yes, car is still less than an year old, moreover I have extended warranty as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
This is really strange ....never heard of this kind of issue before.
Are you sure it was not there when you bought it?

It looks like it has been struck from inside. Did you have any speakers fitted in the rear-parcel tray? Maybe the guys who fitted it caused this? just a random thought.
No, this was not there when I bought, infact I am a bit finicky about my car and know precisely about even where the minutest of the scratches are. no speakers fitted on the rear-parcel tray.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:12   #71
BHPian

Rajat, can you post pics in daylight? Although I'm not sure,this seems to be chassis flex. Was it driven rashly by a driver? It is not accident damage,for sure. The dent is protruding outside & not inside.
Secondly, it has appeared on both sides of the car, right? Being a monocoque, the body is also a load bearing structure. So it does seem like chassis flex.
Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 6th March 2012 at 18:18.
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 19:00   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, car is still less than an year old, moreover I have extended warranty as well
Probably it would make sense to let M.A.S.S check monocoque to rule out any issue with basic structure.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 19:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
150 kms - till date : Got the tank full done on 11th June and by the time I reached home (after running the car for 20 kms) the fuel gauge needle was one notch below the "F"!! And for every 20 kms run it needle would drop by 1 notch. Now the tank has the capacity of 50 liters and there are 10 notches on the fuel gauge. So simple math suggests that each notch corresponds to 5 litres of fuel and since its dropping at the rate of 1 notch/20 kms, the fuel efficiency I am getting is 4 kmpl!!!

I am now at 252 kms since the full tank, and the fuel gauge is one notch above half tank mark. Technically it looks like some calibration design issue with the gauge or the fuel station tendered incorrect quantity
The fuel gauge needle will not be very linear. So of you try to calculate how much diesel is left just by factoring the relative position of the needle between Full and Empty, don't be surprised to get totally wrong results.

Doesn't SX4 Diesel has MID to show the exact mileage?

Last edited by clevermax : 6th March 2012 at 19:22.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 20:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Probably it would make sense to let M.A.S.S check monocoque to rule out any issue with basic structure.
Yes, this is planned this Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The fuel gauge needle will not be very linear. So of you try to calculate how much diesel is left just by factoring the relative position of the needle between Full and Empty, don't be surprised to get totally wrong results.

Doesn't SX4 Diesel has MID to show the exact mileage?
This is an old error from my part , I was too optimistic about the calibration of the fuel gauge,
SX4 has no MID even in the top end ZXi or VDi
Old 9th March 2012, 12:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:
To every one here, there is something weird that I noticed, the rear quarter on both the sides have some sort of crease that has appeared.

Attaching the pics that I took for some comments, please advice how and why has this happened
My nov 2007 model sx4 ZXI has the exact same crease sort of a dent on both the sides. rather i noticed these after rajat pointed out the same on his car. still need to click some pictures to upload under the right conditions as my car isnt as neat as rajat's . will surely get some pics on tomorrow.
hellraiser_yank is offline   Reply With Quote