Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th March 2012, 13:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Man on diet is here!! The Maruti SX4 VDi

Looks like a chasis flex as the crease is exact same length and the exact same place on both sides. Let us know Rajat what was the result after visiting M.A.S.S
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 18:51   #77
BHPian

Here are some pics of the same flaw on my SX4
Attached Images

hellraiser_yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 18:54   #78
BHPian

Can some body enlighten what is chasis flex ?
Is chasis flex a concern ?
Long term effects ? stablity of the vehicle .

I tried to do a search but not able to yield any concrete results .
sandeep3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 23:17   #79
BHPian

Completed one year and 24018 kms --------[A]
Name:  29052012219.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  21.1 KB

Total fuel used so far = 1173 litres
Total cost of this fuel = Rs. 47924 ---------[b]
Had this been petrol = Rs. 76291
Savings = Rs. 28367+

Total maintenance cost = Rs. 10921 ---------[C]
Cost of ownership (per km) = Rs. 1.46 {(B+C)/A}
Maximum Average = 27 kmpl
Minimum Average = 15 kmpl

Issues -
  1. Noticed that all the tyres had some sort of "bulge", approached the dealer who directed me to the nearest Apollo center where the engineer checked the tyre and said that it is not a manufacturing defect but it is tyre joint (check attached pics)
    Name:  29052012216.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  26.5 KB
    Name:  29052012217.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  37.2 KB
  2. Gear knob's paint chipped off, not expected and quite disappointed from a 7.5+ lakh sedan
    Name:  29052012218.jpg
Views: 1965
Size:  27.3 KB
  3. Recently I noticed that the cooling was not effective, service advisor put a probe and showed that the grill temperature was 8 deg. C, is this ok?
  4. Crease on the C-pillar was not explainable by even the GM of the dealer, and suggested not to get it fixed. Though he said that he is in touch with Maruti and would update me shortly

Overall Comment -
  1. Bumpy Ride (-)
  2. Quite agile considering the size (+)
  3. Impressive fuel efficiency (+)
  4. Amazing boot space (+)
  5. Quality not up to the mark (-)
  6. Because of this car I can afford to own an RD and KB (+++)
rajatsingh78 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 10:37   #80
BHPian

the tyre issue was taken up with Apollo and they gave a formal report stating that it is not a manufacturing defect and is normal, didn't argue much with the Apollo Engineer but would take this up again in sometime with the service center, though further updates on 30192 kms service -

Issues Reported -
1. Everytime I accelerate or decelerate a "kat" sound comes from the rear left
2. Rear suspension would make squeaky sound on speed breakers when car is fully loaded
3. Rear brake would "squeal" on braking
4. Front suspension noisy on bad roads
5. Alignment + Balancing

Total bill amount with taxes = Rs. 5268

Issues Resolved -
1. "Kat" sound didn't come on the first test run after the service (but came back soon)
2. Rear brake "squeal" and suspension "squeak" rectified
3. Front suspension noise corrected after lubricating the caliper pins (when I checked the service history I found that this was being done every 10000 kms..is this normal?)

So service cost for SX4 comes around Rs. 1.8 per kms

Drove the car out of the service center and the "kat" sound on accelerating and decelerating came back, called the service adviser and booked time for Wednesday (19th)

Wednesday 19, September
Went to the workshop and walked straight to the GMs room and asked for the best test driver to diagnose the problem, another problem that appeared after the service was rattling noise from the front right wheel upon driving when the steering was turned all the way to the left,

Described and demonstrated the issues to the test driver, wheel noise was due to the wheel cap, and would disappear with the wheel cap removed, so I guess I will have to live with it till I have normal rims,

Main problem was the "kat" sound which I demonstrated, as per the test driver the noise could be from loose rear seat, suspension, spring etc.

Drove back to the workshop and from 11 am to 2 pm the mechanics and the test driver did all sorts of checks, removed the seat...drove..."kat" sound present", interchanged the shock-absorber but the noise remained from the rear left, lubricated the entire suspension mechanism and finally handed over the car to me with closing notes as "under observation",

Upon a second discussion with the GM this noise could be from the frame of the car as well,

So for now I will be using the car and wait till the noise increases (as suggested by the workshop) and take it back to them

My honest thoughts - Maruti is heading in a very wrong direction with very poor quality of products, I would have never expected such issues (body flex, bad tyres, noises) from a 8+ lakh rupees car, so far Maruti has been very good in fixing the problems (had some issues with my ex car Swift VDi and they fixed it), since mechanicals can fail, but not expected within 30,000 kms of driving (90% within city). The only positives that has kept me loyal to the car is the fuel efficiency, I get a constant of 16-18 within the city and 20+ on the highway, macho looks, headroom and boot space. If they do not fix most of the issues this will be my last car from their stable and I would also ensure that no one in the family and extended family ever buys an expensive Maruti product

Need help from fellow members - What can possibly be this "kat" sound ? Which is the best service center in NCR for Maruti with excellent expertise.
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 13:41   #81
BHPian

A recent event in my life made me think about destiny, made me think about life in its totality, earlier I used to just shrug it off thinking that its just a fake creation of your mind (destiny) and take life and destiny quite lightly...(to be continued)
Attached Images

rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 15:31   #82
BHPian

OMG! That looks like a terrible crash. I hope that the occupants of the car are safe. Im not sure but I think that accidents from the back are less fatal than head on collisions and I think you may have been lucky here. Take care.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 22:38   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
[*]Gear knob's paint chipped off, not expected and quite disappointed from a 7.5+ lakh sedan
This is the same in my dad's 2009 SX4 VXi where not it is black. The paint has vanished within 7 months of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
A recent event in my life made me think about destiny, made me think about life in its totality, earlier I used to just shrug it off thinking that its just a fake creation of your mind (destiny) and take life and destiny quite lightly...(to be continued)

Now that is nasty accident. That looks the car was rear ended at high speed.

Hope all the occupants were belted and are safe. Shall wait for the update from you.

Take car buddy.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 06:20   #84
BHPian

Hope you are safe. I'm assuming a lot more "kat" noises will start appearing if you chose to go in for repair. Maybe it would be best to go in for a new diesel car.
Ford5 is offline   Reply With Quote