Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th September 2011, 15:30   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hi Sir, I have got suspension of my cedia changed and even though I didn't change the tie rods and tie ends which majorly contributes to alignment, I thought the alignment may have gone out. Got it checked yesterday and it was perfect. Cant believe it didnt go out despite kaput arm bushes and shockers.

is it something like tun tun tun sound from the rear, it certainly sounds like a pendulum, or two metal rods hitting each other. I think you missed this on my thread. If this is the culprit, then its nothing but two jumping rods in the boot. These are two diagonal rods under the rear speaker tray area, and these make noise when they hit each other. Small pieces of plastic foam between the two will do the need full. I am 99% sure it must be because of the rods.
Damn GC, at times I wonder if I should even bother going to the A.S.S. guys. You have all my answers, and always.

Cheers bro! Will check it out.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 14:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hi Sir, I have got suspension of my cedia changed and even though I didn't change the tie rods and tie ends which majorly contributes to alignment, I thought the alignment may have gone out. Got it checked yesterday and it was perfect. Cant believe it didnt go out despite kaput arm bushes and shockers.

is it something like tun tun tun sound from the rear, it certainly sounds like a pendulum, or two metal rods hitting each other. I think you missed this on my thread. If this is the culprit, then its nothing but two jumping rods in the boot. These are two diagonal rods under the rear speaker tray area, and these make noise when they hit each other. Small pieces of plastic foam between the two will do the need full. I am 99% sure it must be because of the rods. Cant believe ASC didnt check this. Asian Motors in delhi knew what it was as soon as I told them about the problem. This was when I bought the car.
thanks GC, I also have been facing this tun tun sound for a while. Used to stop in middle of the road to tighten it up. Made complaints on each service but nothing happened. Finally after reading your post, I applied one foam ( bath scrubbing foam stolen from wife) between the two springs. Wow .. noise is gone forever.
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 22:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Attaching some pictures:
A rubber part which goes along with the pin is broken (right front wheel)
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-2011-10-01_11-48-07_304.jpg
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-2011-10-01_11-48-04_249.jpg
On the left front side, there is a rubber sleeve at the end of the caliper pin which is missing. Someone had put a rubber band instead. Now, that has been removed and a plastic sleeve has been put instead.
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-2011-10-01_11-47-46_761.jpg
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-2011-10-01_11-47-36_249.jpg
Also brake pads were replaced around 20000 KM ago. Maybe they will go on for another 5-7000 KM.
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-2011-10-01_11-34-43_991.jpg
Name:  2011-10-01_11-34-16_788.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  59.0 KB
And some pictures from our Bhimashankar trip last month.
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-p1110452.jpg
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-p1110459.jpg
Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia-p1110460.jpg

Last edited by S_U_N : 13th October 2011 at 22:19.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 09:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quick general question:
Where do we get the spare fuses for Cedia? Are they specific to a car model? Or I just need to know the Ampere rating and buy something from outside market?
Old 15th December 2011, 13:11   #50
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2596731 (How long before Mitsubishi India shuts shop!!)

So someone noticed!
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 14:08   #51
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero: The Dark Horse comes home

It really does not matter, the fact is that their vehicles are going to outlast their company and that is what counts. Usually it is the other way around.

Cheers
Traveler is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 14:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

I have seen that thread and the other related thread (Hindustan Motors sinking? To report to the BIFR)

Frankly, I don't see any of this making any major impact to me or to the automotive sector in general, in the near future.
As of now, most of the content is either speculation or historical analysis.

Let's enjoy our rides while we still have them.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 23:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am not able to procure a new reflector and a complete headlamp unit is around Rs. 5500.
I was reading your ownership report and found this a little funny back then it used to be 5,500!

Today a single headlight assembly costs Rs23,000 each
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 09:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

That price was for Depo made headlamp assy. The Stanley one was around 16K back then.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Update: Car has completed 1,20,000 KM.
This month drove more than 3600 KM on two trips.

Other than some trouble with the AC (temporary) and the caliper pins making noise (again), there are no real issues with the car.

Got new seat covers and carpet for the car. The car looks much better from inside now.

I will post some snaps after I clean up the car.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote