Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 11:50   #46
BHPian
 
cedricsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Thanks Puneet. Mileage is around 10 currently. For a car of this size & performance, I don't think anyone can ask for more.
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 11:59   #47
BHPian
 
cedricsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

A quick poll from Skoda users in Mumbai, especially Western suburbs. Which is the best A.S.S. ? Also specify the location, for e.g JMD Charkop, how good is this?
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 16:07   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

@puneet : mileage depends on your driving style. I have gotten a lowest of 7 kmpl and a highest of 9.5kmpl in the city. On the highway i got 13kmpl with a bad driving style, on a good one i expect it to reach near 15kmpl. Its really amazing to blend in such performance and efficiency in an engine, kudos to volkswagen..

@cedricsg: are you sure about the engine on the RS being the same?
varunsonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 17:14   #49
BHPian
 
cedricsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu

@cedricsg: are you sure about the engine on the RS being the same?
Yes Varun 100% sure! Hold the disappointment, till a test drive.
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 19:57   #50
BHPian
 
cedricsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

I have come to know of a reliable guy, who can retrofit the fogs. Will use this as last option.
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 20:54   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 144
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg
I have come to know of a reliable guy, who can retrofit the fogs. Will use this as last option.
All the best! Just be sure of warranty issues. Skoda Aurangabad had confirmed that even dealer can't retrofit fogs - don't ask me why. It's one of the many things that I can't fathom about Skoda and it's dealers.
bloodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 22:08   #52
BHPian
 
cedricsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
All the best! Just be sure of warranty issues. Skoda Aurangabad had confirmed that even dealer can't retrofit fogs - don't ask me why. It's one of the many things that I can't fathom about Skoda and it's dealers.
With the wiring harness not being there, none of the Skoda dealers want to even attempt the retro fit. I would be pretty surprised, if any of the affected Laura owners come up with an official Skoda retrofit.
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 23:29   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
I just got confirmed news that the Laura RS would be launched this September with the same 1.8 TSI engine. Cosmetic changes are low profile rubber, stiffer suspension, typical RS front bumper with LEDs, racing pedals & leather.
This has been doing the rounds for a while. Hopefully your source is more reliable than others!
The engine might be same, but who knows... maybe they'll find some other way to extract more from the car. Let's see...
Can't wait to see it launched here finally!
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 09:14   #54
BHPian
 
R.P.M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

My March 2011 TSi has now completed 6000Kms. The lowest mileage recorded was about 6 KMpl in stop and go traffic in the city. Combined with 80% city and 20% highway is about 8.5-9.0 KMpl. Only city driving varying between 7.5-8.0 KMpl.

But the beauty of the Tsi engine lies in its flexibility. It can be very efficient if you want it to be, on a recent highway trip on the NH4, NH63 and NH17 it returned between 800-850 kms per full tank consistently being driven between 120-160kph which included ghats etc.

So all in all i think its the best drivers car you can buy under 20 lakhs in India. Thats until the RS version comes out.
R.P.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:52   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
My March 2011 TSi has now completed 6000Kms. The lowest mileage recorded was about 6 KMpl in stop and go traffic in the city. Combined with 80% city and 20% highway is about 8.5-9.0 KMpl. Only city driving varying between 7.5-8.0 KMpl.

But the beauty of the Tsi engine lies in its flexibility. It can be very efficient if you want it to be, on a recent highway trip on the NH4, NH63 and NH17 it returned between 800-850 kms per full tank consistently being driven between 120-160kph which included ghats etc.

So all in all i think its the best drivers car you can buy under 20 lakhs in India. Thats until the RS version comes out.

Wow...800KM on one tank with ghats and 120-160kph driving??? Unbelievable!!! My Feb2010 TSi has done 13000KM so far and in moderate Pune traffic I get around 9kmpl and on highway anywhere between 11 to 13kmpl. On expressway, I simply can't keep it in economical speed zone and touch 180/200 often - may be that's why. In general, I have max done 600KM on a full tank. 550km is my regular range.

But, what a lovely engine. And magnificent high speed stability - even with stock suspension and tyres. Sky is the limit if they sell this car with Octavia-like lower GC (130mm) and RS spec suspension and tyres.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 15th June 2011 at 10:56.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:17   #56
BHPian
 
R.P.M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

NH4 is by far the easiest road to extract good mileage from any car. But the mileage suffers a lot if you do short trips of 4-5km each time. Thats when i get 6kmpl. i guess it should increase after the 1st service. But again I didn't buy the car for mileage, it was just for the engine and gearbox. And in that department I'm 100% satisfied.

Should be getting a remap soon. Deciding between Revo, Superchips and Shark. Will update soon with a Dyno chart of before and after runs.
R.P.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:13   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

hey!! i have been dying to get a remap and i have been in contact with superchips but they are saying that there is no off the shelf remap for the 2010 laura tsi's because they had a ECU update and if i still want a remap i will have to open the ECU and send it to UK for the tunning. i am also in touch with pete and they also say the same thing..

please share your source if you have one
varunsonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:14   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
NH4 is by far the easiest road to extract good mileage from any car. But the mileage suffers a lot if you do short trips of 4-5km each time. Thats when i get 6kmpl. i guess it should increase after the 1st service. But again I didn't buy the car for mileage, it was just for the engine and gearbox. And in that department I'm 100% satisfied.

Should be getting a remap soon. Deciding between Revo, Superchips and Shark. Will update soon with a Dyno chart of before and after runs.
hey!! i have been dying to get a remap and i have been in contact with superchips but they are saying that there is no off the shelf remap for the 2010 laura tsi's because they had a ECU update and if i still want a remap i will have to open the ECU and send it to UK for the tunning. i am also in touch with pete and they also say the same thing..

please share your source if you have one

MODS: PLEASE DELETE THE ABOVE POST. FORGOT TO QUOTE IN THAT. SORRY

Last edited by varunsonu : 15th June 2011 at 12:15.
varunsonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:51   #59
BHPian
 
R.P.M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

@varun: for Revo you can contact KS Motorsports. It is available for the 2011 ECUs also. For Superchips speak to Anant/Anupam from N1 racing. Since there is no official distributor for Shark you will have to contact him directly in the UK. He has informed that a car in India has already been mapped. Waiting for the contact details so I can get a review on the map.

If you are in a hurry N1 racing has a new German product which plugs directly into the port, takes about 15 mins to remap. Once your done just unplug. It also saves the original map so if you are giving it for service you can return to stock. The claimed figures are 195bhp, 340Nm.
R.P.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:59   #60
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
@varun: for Revo you can contact KS Motorsports. It is available for the 2011 ECUs also. For Superchips speak to Anant/Anupam from N1 racing. Since there is no official distributor for Shark you will have to contact him directly in the UK. He has informed that a car in India has already been mapped. Waiting for the contact details so I can get a review on the map.
From whatever I've read on briskoda, Shark is supposed to be better than Revo etc. Do make a thread when you remap, and dyno before and after if possible.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks