Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 08:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 2,872 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Congratulations on the Civic!

I must say, that is one fantastically maintained beauty; the white looks immaculate! And 22k is a steal.

What exactly are E care treatment and Windshield treatment? Some form of anti-glare coating or something?

Have a great ownership period!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 10:23   #17
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Congratulations buddy! And welcome to the ever growing Civic users club. Can you share what checks did the HASS perform while testing it for accident damage?

And yes, do spend some time on this Civic Bible.
Drive safe and wish you thousands of miles of happiness ad joy.
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 12:51   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Congrats autofreak! Civics seem to be the absolute favorites when it comes to buying pre-owned. I don't recall as many threads on any other pre-worshiped car!!

As someone said(in his civic thread), it is so reliable that it often gets boring!! So keep posting about your drives/pics etc to keep the thread alive!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 15:29   #19
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Thanks F150. I went with Reliance. I paid a premium for Rs.19605/- for an IDV of 6.5L. Not sure whether its a good deal.

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations on the Civic!

I must say, that is one fantastically maintained beauty; the white looks immaculate! And 22k is a steal.

What exactly are E care treatment and Windshield treatment? Some form of anti-glare coating or something?

Have a great ownership period!
22k was the deal closer for me. I suppose E care treatment is basically engine bay treatment and windshield treatment is the anti-glare coating which is compulsory every two yrs as informed by A.S.S advisor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Congratulations buddy! And welcome to the ever growing Civic users club. Can you share what checks did the HASS perform while testing it for accident damage?

And yes, do spend some time on this Civic Bible.
Drive safe and wish you thousands of miles of happiness ad joy.
Proud to be in the Civic club buddy. For accident damage, the guy removed rubber beading in the doors for impact symptoms and basically the points where tinkering will be omitted in case of collision.

Before starting the hunt, I was on Civic Bible and it really helped for identifying the glitches (if any) in a civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats autofreak! Civics seem to be the absolute favorites when it comes to buying pre-owned. I don't recall as many threads on any other pre-worshiped car!!

As someone said(in his civic thread), it is so reliable that it often gets boring!! So keep posting about your drives/pics etc to keep the thread alive!

For sure man. I am as excited as a kiddo with a candy. Every time I see my car I pinch myself to realise that dreams do come true. When a preworshipped is available at half the retailing price what more a petrol head would want
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 16:34   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

@ Autofreak, congrats on your civic! 19605 for 6.5L IDV seems to be incorrect. I paid around the same price for 2nd year on my civic with IDV around 10.5L with Reliance. Seems you had been taken for a ride. Did you ask for discount?

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th June 2011 at 16:35.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 16:48   #21
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
@ Autofreak, congrats on your civic! 19605 for 6.5L IDV seems to be incorrect. I paid around the same price for 2nd year on my civic with IDV around 10.5L with Reliance. Seems you had been taken for a ride. Did you ask for discount?
I was also of the same doubt and checked with Bajaj Alliance and Oriental. Both were quoting around 21K stating that no claim bonus resides with the original owner and I am starting afresh. But still I am not convinced and fishy about the thing. Can experts throw some light.
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 17:29   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 2,872 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
I was also of the same doubt and checked with Bajaj Alliance and Oriental. Both were quoting around 21K stating that no claim bonus resides with the original owner and I am starting afresh. But still I am not convinced and fishy about the thing. Can experts throw some light.
NCB IS transferred to the new owner.

Btw, why didn't you continue with the original Insurance? You could have continued the same Insurance by just getting the policy issued in your name. You'd have got the benefit of NCB then.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 19:00   #23
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
NCB IS transferred to the new owner.

Btw, why didn't you continue with the original Insurance? You could have continued the same Insurance by just getting the policy issued in your name. You'd have got the benefit of NCB then.
As per my knowledge, NCB is individual specific and not vehicle specific. Previous owner transferred the NCB from civic to his new car. Further the insurance had expired. If at all it has to be renewed it has to be done on first owner and transferred to my name. Correct me, if I am wrong.
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 19:37   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 2,872 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

I've taken this from the thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nce-faq-2.html (Automobile Insurance - FAQ)

Quote:
Q. My Insurance has expired yesterday is there a grace period after last date for renewal without inspection/penalty
A. There is no grace period in comprehensive insurance. The NCB savings will elapse after 3 months.

Q. Can NCB be transferred if I change my insurance company?
A. Yes. Your car carries the NCB; every company has to accept it.
The Insurance is always for the vehicle so it doesn't matter who the owner is. The 2nd question clears your doubt.

I'll quote a personal example. I had a CBZ in college, I was the 2nd owner of it.

Now, I bought this bike in August '06 and the Insurance was due in March '07. When I went for renewal of Insurance, I was told that I was wrong in not intimating New India Assurance (the Insurer) the change of ownership of the bike and getting the policy in my name. However, when I renewed the policy, they issued it in my name and I was offered the NCB from the previous policy.

The fact that your Civic's original policy had expired might be a reason why NCB wasn't offered; although I'm not sure of this.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 20:00   #25
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I've taken this from the thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nce-faq-2.html (Automobile Insurance - FAQ)



The Insurance is always for the vehicle so it doesn't matter who the owner is. The 2nd question clears your doubt.

I'll quote a personal example. I had a CBZ in college, I was the 2nd owner of it.

Now, I bought this bike in August '06 and the Insurance was due in March '07. When I went for renewal of Insurance, I was told that I was wrong in not intimating New India Assurance (the Insurer) the change of ownership of the bike and getting the policy in my name. However, when I renewed the policy, they issued it in my name and I was offered the NCB from the previous policy.

The fact that your Civic's original policy had expired might be a reason why NCB wasn't offered; although I'm not sure of this.
Thanks a lot for your insight. But I was explained by Bajaj Alliance executive about NCB being individual specific and its explained in the referred link too,

Q. What is the procedure to transfer my existing NCB to new car insurance?
A. When you sell your car, you have to submit Form 29 & 30 to insurance company, which has information about buyer and seller including their signatures. This verifies that you have sold your car. Company then issues a No Claim Bonus Certificate which can be used on your new car.

I suppose previous owner has done the same.
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 20:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 2,872 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
I suppose previous owner has done the same.
This and the fact that you initiated an Insurance policy after the previous one had expired and switched Insurance companies must be the reasons why you paid a higher premium.

It's fine, stop bothering about all these foregone issues now and enjoy your ride!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 20:33   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
Thanks a lot for your insight. But I was explained by Bajaj Alliance executive about NCB being individual specific and its explained in the referred link too,
Autofreak, do not worry buddy. These things are done and there is absolutely no use in cribbing over it.
BTW, I paid 17,400 as premium for my pre-owned Civic (bought a couple of weeks back) for a value of 6L. I went with Bajaj Allianz and checked with a couple of more insurance companies for transferring the NCB (It was 50%). All said no and that NCB was specific to the individual and not the car. I even tried arguing with Bajaj Allianz but to no avail.
Now, start enjoying your new ride. Civic will make all your worries vanish into the sky every time you take the driver's seat. It did for me and it will for you too!

Last edited by arvi86 : 7th June 2011 at 20:34.
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 21:48   #28
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This and the fact that you initiated an Insurance policy after the previous one had expired and switched Insurance companies must be the reasons why you paid a higher premium.

It's fine, stop bothering about all these foregone issues now and enjoy your ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Autofreak, do not worry buddy. These things are done and there is absolutely no use in cribbing over it.
BTW, I paid 17,400 as premium for my pre-owned Civic (bought a couple of weeks back) for a value of 6L. I went with Bajaj Allianz and checked with a couple of more insurance companies for transferring the NCB (It was 50%). All said no and that NCB was specific to the individual and not the car. I even tried arguing with Bajaj Allianz but to no avail.
Now, start enjoying your new ride. Civic will make all your worries vanish into the sky every time you take the driver's seat. It did for me and it will for you too!
Thats reassuring Wholesome experience of Civic masks everything and brings me miles of smiles every time I touch the H Fob
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 16:27   #29
BHPian
 
ronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Nice car buddy... now you urge me to visit the pre-worshipped route again , just two months after my last splurge!!!
Anyways, inside pics dude..fast..else i'm gonna reveal your pet name to the forum!!
ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 19:13   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Congrats, autofreak, and welcome to the Civic club!

I don't see anything on that car to differentiate it from a brand new one. That's one extremely well-maintained car!

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 530 21st November 2017 15:42
My Pre-Worshipped Honda Civic Ownership Experience Vivek5870 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 35 8th November 2013 16:32
Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned) drkunaldas Sedans 4 31st October 2010 18:07
Got Our Pre-Worshipped Honda Civic SMT 2007 dvprasad Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 3rd August 2010 16:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks