Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 00:27   #76
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations on the first anniversary of your car. Wishing many more such anniversaries with your i20. The rear camera display looks cool. I have seen this kind of displays in BMTC volvos which will be ON even when moving in forward direction.
Thank you so much. Yeah. This is very similar to Volvo buses. But, its functionally useless, Its just a bling feature. I don't even use it while reversing coz i have got used to looking back. And since its not big vehicle, it makes it even more useless I just added it since i had almost all the hardware ready for it. Just needed a camera. So thought ill get it. Costed me 1.4k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

A photo of your armrest will be greatly appreciated. I'm seriously planning for a one in my i20.
I have posted a few pics on page 1 of this thread. Did you check those ? Please let me know if you need more pics and any specific thing you want to check. I shall click and post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

Next week I'm planning for my 2nd free service as I have clocked almost 9900 km. Do I need to specially mention anything to be done during this service with H.A.S.S? My engine oil sump was damaged and the engine oil was replaced when the odometer read 8500 km. So I'll ask them not to replace engine oil. I had seen in the service manual that the wheel alignment and balancing will be done on owner's request on chargeable basis during 2nd service. Since H.A.S.S are known for charging exorbitant rates for any chargeable service, is it advisable to go ahead with them for alignment? Have you done this during your 2nd service?
Yeah. I read your thread about the oil sump damage you had. Regarding alignment, Yes, I got it done from them. I did not know that it would be cheaper and better outside back then. I am getting my car serviced tommorow (3rd Service), I don't think ill get it done from them this time around. I will goto Madhu's. I think you would be better off doing the same. Don't think there is anything specific you need to mention during the service unless you have specific problems. Cheers

Last edited by Kimified : 2nd December 2011 at 00:29.
Kimified is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:42   #77
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Ok. Just a short Update. I gave the car for 3rd Service today. Will be collecting the car in the evening. The estimated cost of service is 2.3k I was really impressed. I have read things here which say the i20 service costs are insanely high. This is not inclusive of Oil change and wheel balancing/ alignment. Oil change would be 1.2k and alignment balancing another 800 bucks. That would be around 4k for an all inclusive service. It had costed me the same for my 2nd service too. 4k is acceptable if you ask me. I used to pay around the same amount for a Swift petrol.

I found THE spoiler i was looking for. Finally!. Its a Hyundai OEM spoiler. Part number : 08340 1j000.

Its not like the normal one i have seen on many i20's. This one does not have that gap. I loved it. The normal one costs 2.6k and this is around 5.3k. (Without the painting that is). Its called the Spoiler KIT. I tried checking the prices online, but can't find it. But since the person in the accessories shop told me the part number and asked me to check it anywhere else, I am pretty convinced that its the correct price. He says it became available only recently.
Edit : Googled the part number. Here it is. http://parts.hyundaimobil.co.id/life...83401j000.html
and this
http://i20.hyundai.rs/upload/documen...20_low_res.pdf

I had tried in JC road over the last weekend for the spoiler. Could not find one without the gap. So, this one suits my requirement perfectly. It even has a neat curvature on it near the brake light so that the brake lights are not masked. Pics soon.

Last edited by Kimified : 2nd December 2011 at 13:50.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:38   #78
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

SA called me to say the brake pads are almost worn out. 18k kms done. I asked him to replace. 1.5k for them. So, its 5.5k for a 18k km service. Spoke too soon eh.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:24   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 444
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

The 3rd service should be free right? If you're not changing oil and filter or getting alignment/balancing, what are they charging you 2.3K for? I was quoted oil + filter change for 2K and alignment/balancing for 1K (!!) during my 18 month paid service.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:15   #80
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc
The 3rd service should be free right? If you're not changing oil and filter or getting alignment/balancing, what are they charging you 2.3K for? I was quoted oil + filter change for 2K and alignment/balancing for 1K (!!) during my 18 month paid service.
Here you go. Diesel filter. Oil filter. air filter and emission check is what costs 2.3k. Only labour is free. I am guessing that the prices are the same throughout.
Attached Images
 
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 23:57   #81
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

A short quick update a week after the third service and change to a fully synthetic oil.

The engine feels much much smoother now. Revs far more neatly too. The strain starts at a much higher rpm compared to what it was before. The noise levels have also reduced. The coarse engine noise on cold starts in the morning which i used to notice before has also reduced. Had taken the car to Saklespur over the last weekend. 6th Gear, 130kmph, just around 2.3k rpm and pin drop silence. Loved it

One major difference is the shifting pattern. I no longer have to get it down to 1st gear when i see an hump. Can be easily negotiated in the 2nd gear. The 3rd gear too is much more fun now and the range has improved. i.e, i can take it from 30kmph to 100kmph in 3rd gear alone if i want to (Yeah, i would almost be red lining in that gear, but still, never really used to happen before the oil change, the noise would force me to shift to 4th well before the red line)

Drove over some bad roads. Strangely, I did not notice any rattling whatsoever. I had mentioned it to my SA during the service and asked him to make any changes if at all they have found a fix for it. Don't know if anything was done at all. It never really bothered me before, never really bothered me now too.

Here are some pics of the Sakleshpur trek. Oh, the spoiler too. Sorry, I did not take any pics of the spoiler alone. This is the best i have for now.

PS : I have given up on checking for the Mileage officially now. I have monitored it for 17k km's and many driving conditions and noticed that i can't get above 12.5 in city and above 17 on the highway So, not maintaining any logs from now on. Will surely check the mileage around 25k kms again. Lets see if there is any difference then.

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1055.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_0935.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1102.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1130.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1135.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1243.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1269.jpg

200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-img_1275.jpg
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 08:29   #82
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 767
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
PS : I have given up on checking for the Mileage officially now. I have monitored it for 17k km's and many driving conditions and noticed that i can't get above 12.5 in city and above 17 on the highway So, not maintaining any logs from now on. Will surely check the mileage around 25k kms again. Lets see if there is any difference then.
Hi Kimified,
The mileage is going to slightly increase after 20K. My i20 has done about 24K now. I used to get around 12.5-13 initially (have also got 11.5). nowadays, I see a consistent 14 in the city. I travel to Manyata tech park in nagawara from Jayanagar 1st block(about 19kms one way). I just make sure I don't try to accelarate quickly, as anyways the car doesnt respond because of the turbo-lag.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 09:05   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified
A short quick update a week after the third service and change to a fully synthetic oil.

The engine feels much much smoother now. Revs far more neatly too. The strain starts at a much higher rpm compared to what it was before. The noise levels have also reduced. The coarse engine noise on cold starts in the morning which i used to notice before has also reduced. Had taken the car to Saklespur over the last weekend. 6th Gear, 130kmph, just around 2.3k rpm and pin drop silence. Loved it

One major difference is the shifting pattern. I no longer have to get it down to 1st gear when i see an hump. Can be easily negotiated in the 2nd gear. The 3rd gear too is much more fun now and the range has improved. i.e, i can take it from 30kmph to 100kmph in 3rd gear alone if i want to (Yeah, i would almost be red lining in that gear, but still, never really used to happen before the oil change, the noise would force me to shift to 4th well before the red line)

Drove over some bad roads. Strangely, I did not notice any rattling whatsoever. I had mentioned it to my SA during the service and asked him to make any changes if at all they have found a fix for it. Don't know if anything was done at all. It never really bothered me before, never really bothered me now too.


<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854887"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854888"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854889"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854890"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854891"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854892"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854893"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854894"/>
The ability to take speed breakers in second gear is the first indication that the oil is doing its magic. Even I felt the same. The smoothness will get even better after 2k km .
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 10:08   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,739
Thanked: 2,151 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post

PS : I have given up on checking for the Mileage officially now. I have monitored it for 17k km's and many driving conditions and noticed that i can't get above 12.5 in city and above 17 on the highway So, not maintaining any logs from now on. Will surely check the mileage around 25k kms again. Lets see if there is any difference then.
Knowing you Sanju, I wouldn't really bother any "Mileage Logs" bro...Coz one thing is for sure, they will not last long. You Like revving your CRDI like a TSI or TJet.


So from the list that you have, only thing left to be ticket are new set of shows for your Hot Hatch.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 11:01   #85
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma

Hi Kimified,
The mileage is going to slightly increase after 20K. My i20 has done about 24K now. I used to get around 12.5-13 initially (have also got 11.5). nowadays, I see a consistent 14 in the city. I travel to Manyata tech park in nagawara from Jayanagar 1st block(about 19kms one way). I just make sure I don't try to accelarate quickly, as anyways the car doesnt respond because of the turbo-lag.
Even I take the same route with almost the same start and end points . Somehow, I haven't noticed you anytime. You have team bhp stickers on your car ? Which color ?

Good to know that the mileage is going to increase . But then, I had once done a calculation of how much more it would cost me if a car gave a mileage of 12 and 14. The difference. It wasn't any great saving. That's why I don't bother about keeping the revvs low. I would rather skip a dinner at a restaurant for a month of fun in the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

The ability to take speed breakers in second gear is the first indication that the oil is doing its magic. Even I felt the same. The smoothness will get even better after 2k km .
Yes. The engine feels much much smoother. Good to know that it will only get better from here on. Thanks to you that I got it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728

Knowing you Sanju, I wouldn't really bother any "Mileage Logs" bro...Coz one thing is for sure, they will not last long. You Like revving your CRDI like a TSI or TJet.

So from the list that you have, only thing left to be ticket are new set of shows for your Hot Hatch.
Ha ha. True. That's exactly why I got the new engine oil and dint mind paying so much for it. Everytime I used to Rev it close to redline before , I used to feel guilty that I might be spoiling the engine life. Now, I know its ok to revv it atleast to an extent coz I have the syentic oil cushion

The only things remaining on my mind are the alloys and tuning box. Not anytime soon though. Alloys will be 16 or 17 inch and will be coming only at the next tyre change. Say 8 or 10 months from now. I know you are an alloy expert. So, we shall go shopping together !
Kimified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 11:46   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,739
Thanked: 2,151 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post

The only things remaining on my mind are the alloys and tuning box. Not anytime soon though. Alloys will be 16 or 17 inch and will be coming only at the next tyre change. Say 8 or 10 months from now. I know you are an alloy expert. So, we shall go shopping together !
Man 16" or 17" will be a sight to watch on your stead bro!! I think I can almost guess how its stance will be post the installation,PREDATOR!!

Honestly I am more of a learner than an expert bro and I hate Shopping (my wife hates me for that)

But "Alloy Shopping for your Rocket" ?? Well I can come along anytime of the day/week/month/year bro !!! You are on.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 08:32   #87
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 767
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Even I take the same route with almost the same start and end points . Somehow, I haven't noticed you anytime. You have team bhp stickers on your car ? Which color ?

Good to know that the mileage is going to increase . But then, I had once done a calculation of how much more it would cost me if a car gave a mileage of 12 and 14. The difference. It wasn't any great saving. That's why I don't bother about keeping the revvs low. I would rather skip a dinner at a restaurant for a month of fun in the car
I dont have any team-bhp stickers on my car even though I have it lying in my car for a while now. Have been too lazy to put it on.
Mine is a silver asta number ending with 2611. I usually leave home by around 10AM to avoid the rush hour traffic. Where do you work?


A km here or there is really not going to cost a lot. I also own a fiesta TDCi and since it has no lag, I have to adjust my driving style when I drive the I20. But the i20 is a beast on the highway (though wish the suspension was not so wallowy on uneven roads).

Also what tyres does your car have? Acceleres? Lately I have been having a lot of punctures and have had to replace one of them because of a cut on the sidewall.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 17:26   #88
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma

I dont have any team-bhp stickers on my car even though I have it lying in my car for a while now. Have been too lazy to put it on.
Mine is a silver asta number ending with 2611. I usually leave home by around 10AM to avoid the rush hour traffic. Where do you work?

A km here or there is really not going to cost a lot. I also own a fiesta TDCi and since it has no lag, I have to adjust my driving style when I drive the I20. But the i20 is a beast on the highway (though wish the suspension was not so wallowy on uneven roads).

Also what tyres does your car have? Acceleres? Lately I have been having a lot of punctures and have had to replace one of them because of a cut on the sidewall.
I work at Manyatha tech park too. I stay at Jayanagar 4th t block. So most of our route has to overlap. My timings are erratic . But generally even i leave around 930 in the morning. Will watchout for a silver i20 from now on. I have seen many i20's with team bhp stickers. However, none of them are the Crdi ones.

You have one of the best handling cars and one of the worst handling cars in the country Add to it the completely different engine charactersrics. You are right. I20 is brillaint on the straight highways. It does get a bit wallowey like you said in uneven roads (nice road for example ). A bit more stiffer steering would have made it better too.
What do you think about the power/pull in both cars ? Which one is better ?

Yup. I have acceleres too. Have heard them to be really really good and sturdy. I am surprised to know that you are having multiple punctures. I haven't faced any issue as yet with them. Hope it stays that way over the next 20k kilometers
Kimified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 17:51   #89
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 767
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
I work at Manyatha tech park too. I stay at Jayanagar 4th t block. So most of our route has to overlap. My timings are erratic . But generally even i leave around 930 in the morning. Will watchout for a silver i20 from now on. I have seen many i20's with team bhp stickers. However, none of them are the Crdi ones.

You have one of the best handling cars and one of the worst handling cars in the country Add to it the completely different engine charactersrics. You are right. I20 is brillaint on the straight highways. It does get a bit wallowey like you said in uneven roads (nice road for example ). A bit more stiffer steering would have made it better too.
What do you think about the power/pull in both cars ? Which one is better ?

Yup. I have acceleres too. Have heard them to be really really good and sturdy. I am surprised to know that you are having multiple punctures. I haven't faced any issue as yet with them. Hope it stays that way over the next 20k kilometers
My office is in K block. I will also watch out for your car.
The fiesta is a different car altogether. Its much easier to drive in the city (though my wife complains that the steering requires too much effort).The response is instantaneous at low revs, no lag whatsoever. The suspension is better (stiff but not stiff enough to be uncomfortable). The i20 scores in power and space, and not too mention the features and quality. Both have pretty good build quality. No rattles at all (except for the steering rattle in i20, which was solved and not come back yet). On the FE, fiesta scores in the city and i20 scores on the highway (considering its power).
Hope to catch you on the way. I also go to play basketball at around 7.30AM or so in the mornings at Madhavan park grounds.

take care,
Suhas
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 19:42   #90
BHPian
 
Kimified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma

My office is in K block. I will also watch out for your car.
The fiesta is a different car altogether. Its much easier to drive in the city (though my wife complains that the steering requires too much effort).The response is instantaneous at low revs, no lag whatsoever. The suspension is better (stiff but not stiff enough to be uncomfortable). The i20 scores in power and space, and not too mention the features and quality. Both have pretty good build quality. No rattles at all (except for the steering rattle in i20, which was solved and not come back yet). On the FE, fiesta scores in the city and i20 scores on the highway (considering its power).
Hope to catch you on the way. I also go to play basketball at around 7.30AM or so in the mornings at Madhavan park grounds.

take care,
Suhas
Suhas. I work at silver oak. - thats the name of the building . (I don't know the block name though )

Good to know about the difference between both the cars. Yeah. Having had a swift before, this thing is miles ahead in terms of build quality.

Hope to see you soon too. There are many other bhpians i know around jayanagar. We can have a jayanagar bhpian meet some weekend when all of us are free

Take care.
Kimified is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days jraj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 1st October 2016 13:02
i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol : 1st i20 2011 model on Team-BHP Forum Suess Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 29th May 2013 12:15
Living with my dream my RX 135 praJEEP Motorbikes 292 29th August 2012 21:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks