Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd July 2011, 00:56   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Posting after quite some time.
I am planning to get either the EMT or the SMT model City. I am actually a little confused as to either go ahead and buy the car now or wait for the new face-lifted model that is around the corner in a few months. What would be your thoughts. I am actually getting a decent discount of further 15000 Rs even after the price reduction of 66k in the EMT model. The best price after discounts that I have been quoted for the EMT model is 819000 (On-Road) including registration and insurance in DELHI. The dealer offered another 5k as corporate discount. I am just not able to decide whether I should wait for the new facelifted model or not.
Has anyone here in Delhi been offered a better price ?

Also can you guys also advise about the exact service interval for Honda City ? What is the approximate service cost for each servicing after completion of 1 year ?

I have an SX4, Swift and a Ritz right now and the service interval is of 1 year or 10,000 kms (whichever is earlier). Is it true that Honda City has a service interval of 6 months ?
wingsoffires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 01:59   #182
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
A querry to Firebug.Did you assess the mileage from the indicator or manually?Did you top it up to full and then ran to empty?Is 11.6 city average regular or you got it only once?Have you noticed any change in the ride quality after going down from 65 to 60?
I always assess the mileage manually. I top it up to full and once the fuel indicator dips to the last quarter I top it up again. 11.6 is an average of the numerous toppings I did.

With regard to ride quality, I didnt drive the car enough on the stock tyres to assess it in detail but the immediate feeling after I changed the tyres was that it felt a lot more planted to the ground and the absence of Tyre noise !!

Infact I myself was not sure about how the tyre upgrade would work out so I took the car to Peninsular Honda and asked one of the sales guys who happens to be my friend to take it for a test drive. He was quite pleased with the way the car behaved and reaffirmed my findings.
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:25   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
I am just not able to decide whether I should wait for the new facelifted model or not.
I am not aware of any facelifts being made to ANHC. You might be referring to the body skirts & other accessories that are offered with the exclusive. The only plan Honda as of now is to bring in the Brio. My personal opinion is to go get the car (Get the SMT; EMT seems too basic) and enjoy it. BTW, do not forget to read the T-BHP threads on booking, finances, insurance transfer (if any) and also PDI Checks.

Also, do post pictures of the car when you get the delivery.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:40   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Infact I myself was not sure about how the tyre upgrade would work out so I took the car to Peninsular Honda and asked one of the sales guys who happens to be my friend to take it for a test drive. He was quite pleased with the way the car behaved and reaffirmed my findings.
It is indeed a nice way to assess the behaviour.

FireBug-when did you buy your car?Is polished metal colour available now?
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:48   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get either the EMT or the SMT model City. I am actually a little confused as to either go ahead and buy the car now or wait for the new face-lifted model that is around the corner in a few months. What would be your thoughts. I am actually getting a decent discount of further 15000 Rs even after the price reduction of 66k in the EMT model. The best price after discounts that I have been quoted for the EMT model is 819000 (On-Road) including registration and insurance in DELHI. The dealer offered another 5k as corporate discount. I am just not able to decide whether I should wait for the new facelifted model or not.

Also can you guys also advise about the exact service interval for Honda City ? What is the approximate service cost for each servicing after completion of 1 year ?

I have an SX4, Swift and a Ritz right now and the service interval is of 1 year or 10,000 kms (whichever is earlier). Is it true that Honda City has a service interval of 6 months ?
@wingsoffires,welcome back.

The face lifted City may practically be expected by early 2012 only.

If you don't have the urgent need of another car right now-I suggest you wait.Check out the new Fiesta,new Skoda cars coming soon etc.

Honda is suggesting service intervals of 3 months.But practically it seems 6 months.

Can't comment on the service costs as my car is very new.Only going for the first free service tomorrow.

Rgds,charthom.
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:51   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The extra features that SMT has are :
1) Height adjustable driver seat
2) Remote locking (but only 1 key has the lock/unlock)
3) Steering mounted controls
4) USB/Radio Music system

If you think the above are features you want; go for SMT; else EMT is good. If you plan to fix an aftermarket Music System, definitely go for EMT.

The alleged facelift will mostly be cosmetic : changes in tail-lamp assembly, additional colours, maybe some change in interior tone. I don't think there will be signification "value addition" to the existing ANHC.

Service schedule : "Recommended" check-up (visual only) every 5k kms/3months and servicing every 5k kms/6months. The 6months interval is when the jobs like oil change, filter change etc. are carried out.

I don't see much point waiting for the facelift. If you want one, get one now!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 3rd July 2011 at 11:58.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:41   #187
BHPian

Talking Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

4 of my collegues at my office teamed up and bargained hard for City VMT and AT model. After much bargaining they finally managed to get the following (in Hyderabad):

VMT - On-road price : 10.2L + Free Accessories
( Honda Leather Seats +
Repeaters on OVRMs +
Rear Parking Sensors +
Sun Film + Door Mats
)

AT - On-road price : 11L + Free Accessories
( Repeaters on OVRMs +
Rear Parking Sensors +
Sun Film + Door Mats
)
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:43   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
4 of my collegues at my office teamed up and bargained hard for City VMT and AT model. After much bargaining they finally managed to get the following (in Hyderabad):

VMT - On-road price : 10.2L + Free Accessories
( Honda Leather Seats +
Repeaters on OVRMs +
Rear Parking Sensors +
Sun Film + Door Mats
)

AT - On-road price : 11L + Free Accessories
( Repeaters on OVRMs +
Rear Parking Sensors +
Sun Film + Door Mats
)
Wow-real good bargains,junkishya!!We can only envy now.Congrats to your friends for the well deserved deals.
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't think that there will be any major change in the car. And still there is no confirmed news/snaps of the facelift car. You can go ahead with the current variant without any issue.

Now if you plan to go with EMT then you have to get music system, security system yourself. But you can’t get height adjustable seat and steering mounted audio controls from market. So now you have to decide what's best for you. IMHO SMT is a complete package with necessary equipment.

Best of luck for your car purchase.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:20   #190
BHPian

Quote:
I can see no new ownership report on the City. No one seems inclined to buy it. Or are they buying it but are not interested /embarrassed to share the experiences?
Am glad you shared your experience Charthom. Appreciably well put together. Very interestingly expressed. Liked many parts of your writeup. Like how you went about making a choice. About how your wife's opinions changed. How you all were gasping for breath on entering the cabin and your son making his what he liked very clear. About the optional grille making it seem one regretted not owning an Accord! Also the title of the thread. Also some interesting thoughts of the image a possession conveys.

The cabin of this car is right on it's basics, when other are onto gizmos or trying hard to overcome what was initially designed poorly.

Thanks for the writeup mate. And yes, this is what this post was supposed to start with - A hearty congrats for your new car. Love this colour. Sedate and classy - like "I am very much here, but I don't need to announce it".

(Thanks and 5 stars added)

Edit: PS: Have only read the OP of this thread as yet.

Last edited by Poitive : 3rd July 2011 at 18:22.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:42   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Charthom, how is your City managing along the Kerala monsoon? Any specific points on the GC and water wading capabilities of the car?

OT: You asked about Honda Jazz shopping in another thread (the whole thread is missing now). Well, I am in the process of contacting different dealers in Cochin / Thrissur – with a set of standard questions. We have Ford, Fiat, VW and Chevrolet dealerships in Thrissur, whereas Honda and Skoda are available only in Cochin. Hope Peninsular Honda will respond to me this week. Based on that I will have the entrants for the qualification round
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:10   #192
BHPian

Quote:
FireBug-when did you buy your car?Is polished metal colour available now?
I bought the car on 30th November 2010. My friend at Peninsular had then told me Polished metal would be phased out very soon and I guess it id.
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:27   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Am glad you shared your experience Charthom. Appreciably well put together. Very interestingly expressed. Liked many parts of your writeup. Like how you went about making a choice. About how your wife's opinions changed. How you all were gasping for breath on entering the cabin and your son making his what he liked very clear. About the optional grille making it seem one regretted not owning an Accord! Also the title of the thread. Also some interesting thoughts of the image a possession conveys.

The cabin of this car is right on it's basics, when other are onto gizmos or trying hard to overcome what was initially designed poorly.

Thanks for the writeup mate. And yes, this is what this post was supposed to start with - A hearty congrats for your new car. Love this colour. Sedate and classy - like "I am very much here, but I don't need to announce it".

(Thanks and 5 stars added)

Edit: PS: Have only read the OP of this thread as yet.
Hey Poitive, welcome to my thread,mate!!Thank you very much.Glad that you liked my write up. You were among the people who responded to my now deleted thread about help on a new car,thank you ! As you correctly said,I want that "I am very much here, but I don't need to announce it(or rather I am not particularly keen on announcing it)" look and feel.Kind of understated,refined and elegant(am I going gaga!) yet down to earth look.I decided against the Exclusive badge and chromes for the same reason.My philosophy is "if I am not comfortable,I will not be able to make you comfortable in my presence".Hope you agree.

While I too enjoy Gizmos-I found the Verna dash rather cluttered.City,though devoid of much frills-is more cosy.

Please check out my snaps of the Caska HU too- unfortunately they are posted after a few pages.Hope you will take the trouble and evaluate them too.

Poitive, me too have liked your writing style very much.Your posts are very enjoyable.Please keep coming back with your insights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Charthom, how is your City managing along the Kerala monsoon? Any specific points on the GC and water wading capabilities of the car?

OT: You asked about Honda Jazz shopping in another thread (the whole thread is missing now). Well, I am in the process of contacting different dealers in Cochin / Thrissur with a set of standard questions. We have Ford, Fiat, VW and Chevrolet dealerships in Thrissur, whereas Honda and Skoda are available only in Cochin. Hope Peninsular Honda will respond to me this week. Based on that I will have the entrants for the qualification round
So far not much problems-but I did not venture out much in the rain

Jazz is very nice-as obvious from many posts on the now disappeared thread.
I suggest you call up both Peninsular and Cosmic Hondas.BTW,I am going to Peninsular tomorrow for for first free service.Should I be of any service?
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:56   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Repeaters on OVRMs +
What is Repeaters on OVRM ? Can you please explain.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:48   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Kirantp,

Which dealer are you talking about? Magnum Honda or Whitefield honda? I didn't hear good feedback about Whitefield honda. So I went to Magnum which is baout 30 KMS from where I stay. So far, the experience is good.
@Sudeepg: I purchased my ANHC from Whitefield Honda dealer and so far I have not faced any hassles from them. I found them fantastic right thru pre-sales, sales and A.S.S. More than that, coupls of S.As and the Sr Sales exec have become good friends of mine and they attend to every detail whenever I have one.
I enquired with Magnum Honda during my hunt for ANHC and I did not get good response on the deal and also on the accessories front so had to drop them.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote