Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th July 2011, 19:46   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@vb-san,if they are holding back only on City,them how come Jazz has no 1.5 l option,which makes you reluctant in buying it? As per Honda dealers there are no plans to introduce the 1.5 l engine at all. And to my taste, City is more funky and appealing than Civic and Jazz anytime
I was not commenting on the engine or powertrain. My words were on the overall styling and packaging. Civic was such a futuristic offering from Honda that now it’s the no. one enemy of its own latest generation.
Coming to smaller cars, feature-to-feature, the Jazz matches the City, and for the premium they are charging for a City (in India), I personally feel that the car should have more content.
City, no doubt is a good car, and is the best petrol all-rounder in the segment, but Honda definitely have scope to make it even more appealing

Quote:
Yesterday I drove about 70 km back and forth-the longest in my City-and thoroughly enjoyed.
Please see a few snaps of the car parked on the road side.Not very exciting photos I am afraid.This is the Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha road in Kerala.
The photos are great indeed. I rate this road as one of the best (and challenging) roads to drive in Kerala. Especially liked the last snap
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 21:14   #272
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I was not commenting on the engine or powertrain. My words were on the overall styling and packaging. Civic was such a futuristic offering from Honda that now itís the no. one enemy of its own latest generation.
Coming to smaller cars, feature-to-feature, the Jazz matches the City, and for the premium they are charging for a City (in India), I personally feel that the car should have more content.
City, no doubt is a good car, and is the best petrol all-rounder in the segment, but Honda definitely have scope to make it even more appealing

The photos are great indeed. I rate this road as one of the best (and challenging) roads to drive in Kerala. Especially liked the last snap
Agree with you about City. A few more features would have filled in the blanks in the ownership check list. My original plan is to keep the car for at least 7 years. ACC and retractable ORVMs would have found me less reluctant to leave the beauty for 10 years.I mean if cars as we know then still happen to exist after 10 yrs.

Thanks for the comments on the photos.Upto Thiruvankulam from Ernakulam ,the road is really bad.It was challenging to carry a person with bad back-but City did a commendable job.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 10:12   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you about City. A few more features would have filled in the blanks in the ownership check list. My original plan is to keep the car for at least 7 years. ACC and retractable ORVMs would have found me less reluctant to leave the beauty for 10 years.I mean if cars as we know then still happen to exist after 10 yrs.
7 years is a long time and personally, I believe a lot will change in that time frame that will make one consider switching to a new car. For instance, cost of fuel & new technology. Better fuel efficiency and reduced emission levels might make one consider switching cars. I don't mean to say that you will give up the car, but going in for another car is almost a certain possibility. Most of them also like the feel good factor of new features that new technology offers. Imagine the self park feature of passat being a standard feature. Who would not want that? What if something better than an i-vtec shows up? Would anyone not consider switching when everyone else might be raving about it? Possibilities are endless if you imagine.

Then there are folks that believe that 3-4 years into owning a car, it does not make much sense to invest in accessories which when combined with the new features that manufacturers have to offer in newer models makes a person think of going in for a new car.

These are just my personal views and thoughts.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 18:19   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
7 years is a long time and personally, I believe a lot will change in that time frame that will make one consider switching to a new car. For instance, cost of fuel & new technology. Better fuel efficiency and reduced emission levels might make one consider switching cars. I don't mean to say that you will give up the car, but going in for another car is almost a certain possibility. Most of them also like the feel good factor of new features that new technology offers. Imagine the self park feature of passat being a standard feature. Who would not want that? What if something better than an i-vtec shows up? Would anyone not consider switching when everyone else might be raving about it? Possibilities are endless if you imagine.

Then there are folks that believe that 3-4 years into owning a car, it does not make much sense to invest in accessories which when combined with the new features that manufacturers have to offer in newer models makes a person think of going in for a new car.

These are just my personal views and thoughts.
@sudeepg,

You are totally right. Agree with your views.I may keep the car and move on. Audi Q3 is already spoiling my sleep!! Not that I can afford it at this stage. I hope at a later stage But since one has to live "today" any reasonable accessory with feel good factor and actual use may be given a consideration.

sudeepg,how about the snaps? Can we have them?

kirantp has not come back with the 3D mats!!
Old 13th July 2011, 10:21   #275
BHPian

Guys,

There are further cuts available on the ANHC,now. As per the ad from Peninsular Honda in the news paper , this morning,

EMT-7.51(8.36-diff 85000/-)
SMT-8.24(8.87-diff 63000/-)
VMT-8.69(9.32-diff 63000/-)

(old price and difference in bracket)

Plus the dealer is offering to forego 2 EMIs!!

Great value for money,I think!! Your views please?!

Please see the ad.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-honda-city-ad.jpg

Mods- hope it appropriate to post it here,otherwise do the favour of removing-thank you!!
Old 13th July 2011, 16:15   #276
Senior - BHPian

I have 10k on the odo now so no regrets on if I would have waited for 1 year. VMT OTR costed me 10.50L an year ago.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 20:53   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I have 10k on the odo now so no regrets on if I would have waited for 1 year. VMT OTR costed me 10.50L an year ago.
I have 525 on the odo.11.07L OTR for Exclusive.Still no regrets!! I only regret having waited for ANHV for 2 months-otherwise I would have enjoyed the beautiful ownership experience 2 months earlier.

This said, the price cut has made City as delicious as a Brownie with warm chocolate syrup. Any one who can go without many features can still enjoy the adrenalin rush and the spacious cabin-and the Honda badge,by opting for the E variant.

Sn1p3r,any further discounts/freebies at your end-just for the heck of it? Others,any inputs,please,

kirantp is stuck at work and really busy.How about FireBug?

Come back guys,you all are being missed!!
Old 13th July 2011, 22:37   #278
Senior - BHPian

No discount, just two pillow and cover, but they got my car ready as per my instructions within 2 days. Cheers!
Old 13th July 2011, 23:56   #279
BHPian

Discounts of more than 50k available here in delhi. Anyone has a better deal ?
wingsoffires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 08:09   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Discounts of more than 50k available here in delhi. Anyone has a better deal ?
@wingsoffires,

You mean-a further cut of 50k above the already announced discounts!! I presume you saw the newspaper ad clip above.It will make the discounts almost 1.1 lakh.Wow,wow!!

wingsoffires ,this is a very good opportunity to buy your ANHC,esp the E edition.I suggest you go for it,now-rather than waiting for the face-lift of which everyone seems to be skeptical.Best of luck!!

Last edited by charthom : 14th July 2011 at 08:16.
Old 14th July 2011, 09:27   #281
BHPian

Quote:
No discount, just two pillow and cover, but they got my car ready as per my instructions within 2 days. Cheers!
I managed 38 bucks off-well- it was just before the price cut.And you know what,not even pillows and cover apart from that.

Now the scene is changing, I believe!!
Old 14th July 2011, 11:23   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

I managed 38 bucks off-well- it was just before the price cut.And you know what,not even pillows and cover apart from that.

Now the scene is changing, I believe!!
I bought the car before Vento/T-jet were launched. Also due to some minor changes and the new emission norms, cars were slow to roll out. Thus I got the delivery without any complimentary pillows and cover. Market is totally different now for Honda, I am happy seeing lot many ANHC on road now.

I was enjoying the 10k odo reading and got an average of 12kmpl with some good vtec engagement and redlining love the rush. Cheers!
Old 14th July 2011, 21:43   #283
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the car before Vento/T-jet were launched. Also due to some minor changes and the new emission norms, cars were slow to roll out. Thus I got the delivery without any complimentary pillows and cover. Market is totally different now for Honda, I am happy seeing lot many ANHC on road now.

I was enjoying the 10k odo reading and got an average of 12kmpl with some good vtec engagement and redlining love the rush. Cheers!
Would you buy the petrol Vento or run the risk of meddling with Fiat by opting for T-Jet?.I had inquired a friend who works at Fiat casually about the on-road price of T-Jet.The cool answer was,"you steer clear of Fiat!!" Yes, the diesel Vento is economical. If you want reliability and economy Vento diesel is good.But it would have been a compromise in many key aspects,like rear seats.

With the price cut the ANHC is a phenomenal value for money. So let us be proud of the ownership.

Sn1p3r,any idea what is repeaters for ORVMs on Honda City? Never seen any.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:58   #284
BHPian

My fellow BHPians,

What happened to all of you? No one is visible and no action!! Is every one disheartened by the Honda price cuts? Or has the thread become so boring that you all have lost interest? In that case at least come out with suggestions.

After all ,we love both our metallic and fleshy friends not for money,depreciation etc! Prices keep changing-still relationships are worth relishing

Please come back,and post something,will you?!I am feeling so lonely.

charthom.

Last edited by charthom : 15th July 2011 at 11:03.
Old 15th July 2011, 11:08   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I guess there are back-to-back reasons. Folks were all occupied discussing the unofficial Honda Jazz price cut / clearance sale. And when we were recovering from that, came the next one at Jul 14th 12:15pm IST – Ford Fiesta pricing! Expect another 2 days of heavy discussion there

Jokes apart, got a small query. What is the real-time FE for your City?
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote