Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th July 2011, 11:40   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

With the price cut the ANHC is a phenomenal value for money. So let us be proud of the ownership.

Sn1p3r,any idea what is repeaters for ORVMs on Honda City? Never seen any.
We bought the ANHC for mother, she had a diesel car but sparingly used. Thus we were clear on the petrol part. It was an easy decision though I always wanted few more options. We test drove Altis as well but found ANHC to be better. Engine though powerful was not any fun. Believe it or not, my mum likes the high revving variety. We had Civic from first batch that we gave away so we were not interested.

After 2 months Vento came and then after almost 5 months Tjet was shown. At that time my decision to go in for honda was vindicated. Though we all knew that Honda was a bit pricy for the offering.

Every time vtec kicks in I get my money worth. Ascending petrol prices is the only issue thus far.

Repeaters for OVRMs? No idea. Is that something to do with the electronic controls?
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 11:49   #287
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, I guess there are back-to-back reasons. Folks were all occupied discussing the unofficial Honda Jazz price cut / clearance sale. And when we were recovering from that, came the next one at Jul 14th 12:15pm IST Ford Fiesta pricing! Expect another 2 days of heavy discussion there

Jokes apart, got a small query. What is the real-time FE for your City?
vb-san, presently nothing exciting.Got average 12.6 during the recent long drive- highway/good road 60% and city/bad road 40%. Purely inside City, at 85% crawling speed-8.5

Bluevolt has been re-assuring that it would increase.I am counting on his words.

BTW,Jazz price cut is turning out to be stunning.I believe, by the time you come home, it will be either free or buy one get one. In the second case,you know who to give the bonus car-I don't mind keeping another Honda
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 11:55   #288
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
!I am feeling so lonely.
Time to put your CASKA to good use

How good is the navigation part of it?
Ever seen a movie on it?

Maybe we'll see you writing a full review of the CASKA like you did so well for your car

Another query: How easy is it to maintain this colour? How bad does it get after a small shower of rain?
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 12:06   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Time to put your CASKA to good use

How good is the navigation part of it?
Ever seen a movie on it?

Maybe we'll see you writing a full review of the CASKA like you did so well for your car

Another query: How easy is it to maintain this colour? How bad does it get after a small shower of rain?
I have to admit I have not used the navigation part much.First I have been travelling to only familiar places. So the satnav was not really put to use. To try it out under the parking space-it does not catch the satellite-under the concrete structure.You have to take it out. But once I tried it out briefly,it was pretty ok. Will try out extensively and come back!!

Have tried out DVDs and the qualiy is pretty ok.

I had added a brief review on my thread. Too much talk on just a HU does not sound enjoyable,does it?

You mean Urban titanium? Very easy.It does not look dirty at all.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:16   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I guess there are back-to-back reasons. Folks were all occupied discussing the unofficial Honda Jazz price cut / clearance sale. And when we were recovering from that, came the next one at Jul 14th 12:15pm IST Ford Fiesta pricing! Expect another 2 days of heavy discussion there

Jokes apart, got a small query. What is the real-time FE for your City?
My City AT give - 9-10 kmpl in bangalore city.

Highway drive - 17-18 kmpl

Higway drive if driven mostly between 100 to 120 kmph - above 20 kmpl
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img0061a.jpg  

shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 12:25   #291
Senior - BHPian

^ I don't think that is real life figure.
Refill tankful method is most accurate.

MT returns: 13 city and 18 highway (100%AC).

Cheers!
Old 15th July 2011, 13:09   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
4 of my collegues at my office teamed up and bargained hard for City VMT and AT model. After much bargaining they finally managed to get the following (in Hyderabad):

VMT - On-road price : 10.2L + Free Accessories
( Honda Leather Seats +
Repeaters on OVRMs +
Rear Parking Sensors +
Sun Film + Door Mats
)

AT - On-road price : 11L + Free Accessories
( Repeaters on OVRMs +
Rear Parking Sensors +
Sun Film + Door Mats
)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Repeaters for OVRMs? No idea. Is that something to do with the electronic controls?
Sn1p3r,please see the post above. Friends,any idea what these are?the Honda guys have pleaded ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My City AT give - 9-10 kmpl in bangalore city.

Highway drive - 17-18 kmpl

Higway drive if driven mostly between 100 to 120 kmph - above 20 kmpl
Quote:

Cheers!
shamanth,staggering figures!!It makes me optimistic.

Sn1p3r,what is you real time figures-I mean from the MID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I request you to extend your budget and get a ANHC.
Just go and TD a ANHC and grab the best deal from the dealer. Happy hunting. You may refer to several ANHC ownership thread including this one in the forum.
bluevolt,you truly are an ANHC enthusiast.I count on you in so many things- one of them is being fiercely passionate about the car Of course I fully endorse your suggestion.
Old 15th July 2011, 13:10   #293
Senior - BHPian

^ adding to the list should be Jazz if sedan/hatch is not a consideration. And if timeframe isn't an issue according to rumormill 1.5lt Jazz will be in market too.

Mods: on iPod I wasn't able to edit the response. Pls merge. Thanks!

By repeaters on OVRM I gather these are the turn signal repeaters. I hope this clarifies your doubt.

MID shows 15kmpl real life city mileage is 13 odd. MID shows 20+ while highway real life is 18kmpl.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 15th July 2011 at 13:16.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 13:40   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@Within this segment Jazz is a much better option especially after the recent price cuts. Its 1.2L engine is excellent to drive with the i-Vtec only adding to the fun. The "H" badge still retains snob value
+1.The jazz is phenomenal value for money now-when Honda priced it appropriately and deservedly.

Quote:
^ adding to the list should be Jazz if sedan/hatch is not a consideration. And if timeframe isn't an issue according to rumormill 1.5lt Jazz will be in market too.
Honda dealership firmly claims that there are no such plans.

Quote:
By repeaters on OVRM I gather these are the turn signal repeaters. I hope this clarifies your doubt.
Of course,but where can one buy ORVM turning signals for ANHC? This feature is not available!! How come the Honda dealer offering them as freebie?

Quote:
MID shows 15kmpl real life city mileage is 13 odd. MID shows 20+ while highway real life is 18kmpl.
I see-so there is an error of 2.
Old 15th July 2011, 16:01   #295
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
I have compared with MID and tank to tank method, difference is 1kmpl.

When i drove to my home town early morning, no AC, 200kms drive. It was showing in MID 20.5kmpl. Coming back it showed 21.5 kmpl.

As i observed 110 kmph is the sweet point for ANHC, even if you drive at 80 kmph mileage goes down a lot. So this is not every time mileage, but good road with speed mainitained at 100 to 120 kmph. I got this with my AT, many have reported getting 22/23 kmpl also with MT.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 09:43   #296
BHPian

I'd like to steer this conversation a bit to try and make it more interesting.
Since the conversation presently is around appeal and factors that are driving the choice, what specifically are each one looking for? Here's my list in the order of priority

a. Performance
b. Reliability & durability
c. Comfort + fit and finish.
d. After Sales Service
e. Looks
f. Features or Standard equipment
g. Total cost of ownership

Naturally, with my above list and with my budget, ANHC is the obvious choice for me and I am 110% sure that I made the correct decision.

I am a bit biased to Honda, but not so biased that I think other manufacturers and cars are a dweeb. I've heard about the Fiesta and the feedback I have heard about it is that its a driver's car. Check out the test drive report on TBHP. It gives you the straight and unbiased facts. However, all the people I know have not had good opinion about the after sales services. The total cost of ownership (TCO) is higher compared to other cars in the segment.

Etios, well I just do not like the quaity of plastics inside the car. To me it appears like another Verito/Logan that was brought into the market just for the sake of selling in volumes and for practical use. Agree it has the T Badge, but I hate it when companies give cheap quality stuff in our country. Does anyone know how the Liva and etios is positioned internationally? Do they use same quality plastics? I doubt. It could be a market dud. Why are instrument panel positioned in the center? The driver shouldn't have to turn his head to see the instrument cluster. The AC vents are not well placed (in my opinion) and look very odd.

End of the day, I believe that if you have a good engine, performance and well built interiors, you can do your own add ons like ICE and make the car better. You have the flexibility to put in all the jazz, but if the engine and built quality is not good, then you have no reliability and no way to make the desired changes.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:47   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth

I have compared with MID and tank to tank method, difference is 1kmpl.

When i drove to my home town early morning, no AC, 200kms drive. It was showing in MID 20.5kmpl. Coming back it showed 21.5 kmpl.

As i observed 110 kmph is the sweet point for ANHC, even if you drive at 80 kmph mileage goes down a lot. So this is not every time mileage, but good road with speed mainitained at 100 to 120 kmph. I got this with my AT, many have reported getting 22/23 kmpl also with MT.
Yeah, it shows 24kmpl on MID if driven sedately but that doesn't hold good in real life. To me 80 to 110 is a similar economy band range. You are getting best average IMHO. cheers!
Old 16th July 2011, 13:40   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Cooltronics, all the best for your search. But I suggest you to report this starting post of yours and ask for a separate thread, so that all the related answers will get consolidated there. Otherwise, there is a possibility of all these responses to get snipped for being off-topic.
Yes,Guys let us not stray from the subject.Cooltronics,all the best and please start your thread-and ultimately buy the ANHC
Old 16th July 2011, 17:55   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Yes,Guys let us not stray from the subject.Cooltronics,all the best and please start your thread-and ultimately buy the ANHC
Rightly said sir, whatever you say the drive in ANHC does bring the grin on your face
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 19:35   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar

Rightly said sir, whatever you say the drive in ANHC does bring the grin on your face
But whenever a moron hits the car you get mighty annoyed too. Just as I was crossing the mini rivulet at HeroHonda chowk( when do they change this name ) a three wheeler pulled a clever one on this side of traffic and hit my stationary car on the front right bumper while he kept backing the vehicle without even moving and me blaring the horn (Honda should provide a better one for sure). There is now a deep scratch on the bumper but I am happy to report that the bumper took the impact very well as I was worried that it must have come off. Only two deep dots to tell the horrific tale of moron on the road.

Any thoughts on "How To repair the bumper". Thanks!