Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th July 2011, 22:26   #301
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Just as I was crossing the mini rivulet at HeroHonda chowk( when do they change this name ) a three wheeler pulled a clever one on this side of traffic and hit my stationary car on the front right bumper while he kept backing the vehicle without even moving and me blaring the horn (Honda should provide a better one for sure). There is now a deep scratch on the bumper but I am happy to report that the bumper took the impact very well as I was worried that it must have come off. Only two deep dots to tell the horrific tale of moron on the road.

Any thoughts on "How To repair the bumper". Thanks!
Sn1p3r,shocked,Shocked You too the impact like a true BHPian,I must say-to spare him in true spirit!! Relieved that it is just a scratch.

If it is just paint deep then this is what I did for a small scratch:-

1.Apply "Silicone Glaze" from Amway-generously over the scratched area.Leave it to dry.Once dry,buff it off with a flannel cloth in close circular motion. The scratch becomes very less prominent.
2.Apply "Fix It Pro" scratch repairing pen above the scratch.In the case of ANHC paint, I found it working.
Now the scratch should either vanish or become barely noticeable.

If it is very deep-have touched up by the service centre. Or else,have painted.

Hope this helps.

And on positive side,the bumper took the impact-despite the feel,the build is not that flimsy.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 23:20   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
You can get it touched up Free-of-Cost. What colour is your ANHC? (Asking because Honda A.S.S. doesn't have samples of a few colours for touch-up jobs)
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 11:06   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
(Asking because Honda A.S.S. doesn't have samples of a few colours for touch-up jobs)
Of course the best thing to do is to have it touched up.

The Cochin A.S.S. did have the rather new colour Urban Titanium in stock! They touched up a small scratch for me during the first free service.

Ever used Fix It Pro? I found it is good for city-at least UT colour.But did not work on my i10's black.It is not diluting the colour and making it look awkward though. Apply only if you are really desperate.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 11:14   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

Hope this helps.

And on positive side,the bumper took the impact-despite the feel,the build is not that flimsy.
Thank you, I plan to get the resolution done on Monday, down with fever today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

You can get it touched up Free-of-Cost. What colour is your ANHC? (Asking because Honda A.S.S. doesn't have samples of a few colours for touch-up jobs)
I have a white color car. I am hopeful that it should be the easiest to get touchup.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 11:36   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, I plan to get the resolution done on Monday, down with fever today.

I have a white color car. I am hopeful that it should be the easiest to get touchup.
Get well soon,mate.

And get the beauty well soon,too Yeah, white colour is rather easy.Easiest should be silver, though
Old 17th July 2011, 11:44   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Of course the best thing to do is to have it touched up.

The Cochin A.S.S. did have the rather new colour Urban Titanium in stock! They touched up a small scratch for me during the first free service.

Ever used Fix It Pro? I found it is good for city-at least UT colour.But did not work on my i10's black.It is not diluting the colour and making it look awkward though. Apply only if you are really desperate.
There are 2 tiny spots (miniscule actually) that I wanted to have touched-up but Pearl Honda, Gurgaon did not have the red colour pigment.

They aren't that visible (unless you're a BHPian) so didn't bother with other products; will get them touched up during next service.

Will be going home in 2 weeks; can't wait to be back with my ANHC. Need to update my ownership thread BIG time!
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 11:50   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There are 2 tiny spots (miniscule actually) that I wanted to have touched-up but Pearl Honda, Gurgaon did not have the red colour pigment.
Yeah Libran,I remember-last time they did not have the paint.

Quote:
Will be going home in 2 weeks; can't wait to be back with my ANHC. Need to update my ownership thread BIG time!
All the best for your ANHC ventures. Please do update your thread. Sorry,I have to admit I have not visied it,yet. I will-soon!!

Last edited by charthom : 17th July 2011 at 11:52.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:51   #308
BHPian

Guys,

Just came home after one of the toughest night drives in pondering rain,on pot hole riddled roads inside the Willington Island and Fort Cochin area. It was too hard to stop to take any snaps.

But-the City held on so well.No ground scraping even in the deepest pot hole(or was it not deep enough!!-only 3 of us onboard)If driven at crawling speed,no excessive rolling even on the worst patch of road-my wife's back was rested and thankful. Absolutely jerk-free,stress-free and fatigue-free driving experience with the Auto 'box. The new head lights gave excellent visibility,too. My nerves were cooler than the outside!! Mileage was only 9.0-but I am not willing to exchange this experience for the sake of better economy. Absolutely loved the experience. Hats off to ANHC!!

Cheers!! charthom.
Old 18th July 2011, 00:06   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Just came home after one of the toughest night drives in pondering rain,on pot hole riddled roads inside the Willington Island and Fort Cochin area. It was too hard to stop to take any snaps.

But-the City held on so well.No ground scraping even in the deepest pot hole(or was it not deep enough!!-only 3 of us onboard)If driven at crawling speed,no excessive rolling even on the worst patch of road-my wife's back was rested and thankful. Absolutely jerk-free,stress-free and fatigue-free driving experience with the Auto 'box. The new head lights gave excellent visibility,too. My nerves were cooler than the outside!! Mileage was only 9.0-but I am not willing to exchange this experience for the sake of better economy. Absolutely loved the experience. Hats off to ANHC!!

Cheers!! charthom.
Yes one thing you realize after you start driving Automatics is suddenly you stop getting angry in the road. May its because we dont have to change gears if someone comes in between or so...

I really enjoyed the drive from Palakkad to coimbatore a year back in kerala trip, where there was huge traffic and you have to overtake every bus and lorry , but with Auto box it was soo easy.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 08:58   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers!! charthom.
Woohooo!! That's great news Charthom. I am so pleased to hear it. My experience with ANHC in Kerala was as good as yours (except that it was not in rain). Last time I EKM, I had no scrapings or any problems with potholes. It was only after I entered Bangalore city that my car scraped its bottom. My heart lost a beat for a sec. BTW, how is the engine bay looking after driving through the rains? Are they getting dirty a lot?
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 10:31   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes one thing you realize after you start driving Automatics is suddenly you stop getting angry in the road.
+1 to that.

I too have become very generous and graceful. Suddenly I have begun to care more for the fellow drivers, more willing to let the pedestrians pass-with the peace of mind the selfishness has reduced and sense of responsibility has increased I presume But on the down side,you my not realize the difficulty the other person is facing and may go leisurely,irritating him.

Responsible driving has many faces-it is our responsibility to master them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
It was only after I entered Bangalore city that my car scraped its bottom.
Why more scraping at Bangalore?Are Bangalore pot holes deeper?Or do you carry more people?

Quote:
BTW, how is the engine bay looking after driving through the rains? Are they getting dirty a lot?
Could not check.It is still raining very heavily.Venturing out and researching may attract fever My car parking is inadequate-the car is partially exposed to the weather.I will check later and let you know.

BTW,are you guys keeping silica gel inside the car in damp weather?-a good idea,esp if you have leather seats.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:58   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But-the City held on so well.No ground scraping even in the deepest pot hole(or was it not deep enough!!-only 3 of us onboard)If driven at crawling speed,no excessive rolling even on the worst patch of road-my wife's back was rested and thankful. Absolutely jerk-free,stress-free and fatigue-free driving experience with the Auto 'box. The new head lights gave excellent visibility,too. My nerves were cooler than the outside!!
That’s good to know. Night driving in heavy rain in Kerala is one of the toughest task (for the driver and also for the car), and that’s one instance you feel so blessed if you have an AT. Happy that you did not venture out to click photos

Quote:
Why more scraping at Bangalore?Are Bangalore pot holes deeper?Or do you carry more people?
Well, Bangalore got one of the most unique set of speed-breakers in the country. Even a high-GC SUV can have issues with that

Last edited by vb-san : 18th July 2011 at 10:59. Reason: quote corrected
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:28   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Just as I was crossing the mini rivulet at HeroHonda chowk( when do they change this name ) a three wheeler pulled a clever one on this side of traffic and hit my stationary car on the front right bumper while he kept backing the vehicle without even moving and me blaring the horn (Honda should provide a better one for sure). There is now a deep scratch on the bumper but I am happy to report that the bumper took the impact very well as I was worried that it must have come off. Only two deep dots to tell the horrific tale of moron on the road.

Felt sorry to hear that; take care mate.
If its just the 2 dots; then as suggested by others the get the paint touch up done at Honda A. S. S. for perfect white match.
From my experience its difficult to match the Tafetta white shade if you try outside options. The other easiest option for very small and miniscule scratch touch is use a good nail polish. Believe me it works plus its has wide variety of shades to choose and match perfectly.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:35   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
touch is use a good nail polish. Believe me it works plus its has wide variety of shades to choose and match perfectly.
@RS,I once touched up many scratches on my Santro(imperial red colour) with nail polish. It looked exact-but problem is it gets peeled off soon-much short lived. The Fix It Pro is good on ANHC paint. But why,the best is always to have it touched up at A.S.S.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:03   #315
BHPian

Quote:
@RS,I once touched up many scratches on my Santro(imperial red colour) with nail polish. It looked exact-but problem is it gets peeled off soon-much short lived.
Well I can suggest you prep your surface fully with a car wash shampoo. Have a wipe down with diluted IPA or Klasse AIO which will remove all the dirt/grim or earlier trace of wax/sealents coats.

Then apply the Good Quality nail polish (I know it sounds funny) allow it to dry for around 1 hour; apply second coat if required for better finish: Apply a clear coat nail polish as a finishing touch which will bring up the shine. Allow it to dry for couple of hours and then apply sealents (read Meg Nxt2) and follow up with insulator wax (read-Collinite-845) on the following day: After all this I bet if you can identify the scratch from 5 feet distance.

Now again I repeat this procedure is only applicable only if you cannot get it fixed with HASS original paint and is applicable for tiny scratches or dots.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th July 2011 at 12:06.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote