Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th July 2011, 12:10   #316
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thatís good to know. Night driving in heavy rain in Kerala is one of the toughest task (for the driver and also for the car), and thatís one instance you feel so blessed if you have an AT. Happy that you did not venture out to click photos

Well, Bangalore got one of the most unique set of speed-breakers in the country. Even a high-GC SUV can have issues with that

LOL I agree with you so much on this. Charthom, you must visit Bangalore to know how well engineered our speed breakers are! I'll see if I can get some snaps.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:30   #317
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the suggestion on curing the bumper chip. I am using iPad and do not know how to mark the thank button.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:31   #318
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That’s good to know. Night driving in heavy rain in Kerala is one of the toughest task (for the driver and also for the car), and that’s one instance you feel so blessed if you have an AT. Happy that you did not venture out to click photos
Well, Bangalore got one of the most unique set of speed-breakers in the country. Even a high-GC SUV can have issues with that
vb-san-The better half is already down with fever!-not severe though!!-so much for venturing out for romancing ANHC in the rain!!

Let us accept them as performance bench marks- the GC should be always judged at Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Well I can suggest you prep your surface fully with a car wash shampoo. Have a wipe down with diluted IPA or Klasse AIO which will remove all the dirt/grim or earlier trace of wax/sealents coats.

Then apply the Good Quality nail polish (I know it sounds funny) allow it to dry for around 1 hour; apply second coat if required for better finish: Apply a clear coat nail polish as a finishing touch which will bring up the shine. Allow it to dry for couple of hours and then apply sealents (read Meg Nxt2) and follow up with insulator wax (read-Collinite-845) on the following day: After all this I bet if you can identify the scratch from 5 feet distance.

Now again I repeat this procedure is only applicable only if you cannot get it fixed with HASS original paint and is applicable for tiny scratches or dots.
RS- It is simpler to push your car to the HASS all by by yourself-than this detailed nail polish endeavour. Anyway, the lady of the house is already teeming with jealousy.
Injurious to our health,I am afraid-even if you do overtime to offer nail polish service to both beauties

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
LOL I agree with you so much on this. Charthom, you must visit Bangalore to know how well engineered our speed breakers are! I'll see if I can get some snaps.
sudeepg,you owe us many snaps,now. From T-BHP stickers to speed breakers. Come on,don't just tempt.Please post them-Will you!!

Quote:
I am using iPad and do not know how to mark the thank button.
@Sn1p3r-are you-what a great way to announce it!!

(PS.The quota of smilies is already over.)

Last edited by charthom : 18th July 2011 at 12:36.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:36   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@Sn1p3r-are you!! What a great way to announce it.
Been doing it for quite a while brother and sorely missing PC
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:41   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Been doing it for quite a while brother and sorely missing PC
Wow! So remember the "thanks" buttons next time when you embrace the PC

Hope you have already resolved the scratches.

Get hold of a Fix It Pro pen-quite handy. And the silicone Glaze.Don't know about other polishes-never used.

Last edited by charthom : 18th July 2011 at 12:47.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:35   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

sudeepg,you owe us many snaps,now. From T-BHP stickers to speed breakers. Come on,don't just tempt.Please post them-Will you!!
Charthom, Won't disappoint you mate. I'll post them after I get back home today.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:48   #322
BHPian

Friends,

Quote:
The good thing about RD, unlike Petes is that they have a tuning box for Petrol cars as well
Quoting from tusharsethi's thread on the Cruze-has anyone thought of installing Race Dynamics tuning box in the City? Is it possible to install it here? Any insights,guys?

Alo has anyone installed K/& N filters?

Last edited by charthom : 18th July 2011 at 22:00.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:34   #323
BHPian

Fellows,

Also tell me how do you clean your seats? Any special cleaning agent or just plain cloth? Is there any leather seat cleaner available/useful?

BTW,are all those beige Kagu mats still beautiful? Mine have turned almost brown.Can't help it. Will clean in a few days. This illustrates the practical difficulty of light colours inside the cars under extreme conditions.

But, of course, like in relationships,you can always repair and rejuvenate them-if you have a will.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:45   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Also tell me how do you clean your seats? Any special cleaning agent or just plain cloth? Is there any leather seat cleaner available/useful?
Checkout for Collinite-855 for leather and vinyl seats.
I don't have any first hand experience but hope this product is fantastic as well like the other Collinite products.
Its available at BBIMPEX
Collinite 855 Wax

Quote:
BTW,are all those beige Kagu mats still beautiful? Mine have turned almost brown.Can't help it. Will clean in a few days. This illustrates the practical difficulty of light colours inside the cars under extreme conditions.
I had expressed this fear mate considering the Cochin weather.

Quote:
But, of course, like in relationships,you can always repair and rejuvenate them-if you have a will.
Good analogy
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:58   #325
BHPian

Charthom,

Here are the pics

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wp_000446-copy.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wp_000445.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wp_000443.jpg
Old 19th July 2011, 12:10   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Quoting from tusharsethi's thread on the Cruze-has anyone thought of installing Race Dynamics tuning box in the City? Is it possible to install it here? Any insights,guys?
Alo has anyone installed K& N filters?
Any insights on these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Checkout for Collinite-855 for leather and vinyl seats.
I don't have any first hand experience but hope this product is fantastic as well like the other Collinite products.
Its available at BBIMPEX
Collinite 855 Wax

I had expressed this fear mate considering the Cochin weather.

Good analogy
Thanks,RS-I will try them out. Any relationship begins uncertainly. Your girl,your car,your Kagu mats- enjoy their company always- they will remain good. Sorry for further philosophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Charthom,

Here are the pics
Nice ones sudeepg! Thanks for posting. I have to order my own set now. Will send application to Boss for approval!!
Old 19th July 2011, 19:45   #327
Senior - BHPian

Hey charthom.
You will never believe this. Yours is the thread i was reading one afternoon not too long ago.
And i really liked the caska unit in the pics.
I had to leave urgently and could not find your thread since. Even dot will remember us talking about the caska in the city.
So am glad that i have finally made it back today.
I have only read your opening post so far.
And being an ANHC owner now, can relate to many points you mentioned.
It was really interesting to read your wife's journey with the City. And quite hilarious that the car all of you were quite reluctant about. Turned out to be the dream car and saviour. Especially for your wife.
Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your urban beauty.
Will be tuned into this thread going forward.
Drive safe!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 20:25   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey charthom.
You will never believe this. Yours is the thread i was reading one afternoon not too long ago.
So am glad that i have finally made it back today.
@mdsaab-Welcome back-it is nice to see you here. Please keep sharing the insights.

Any plans of Caska and 3D Kagu mats,too?

Quote:
Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your urban beauty.
Will be tuned into this thread going forward.
Drive safe!
Thanks for the best wishes,Mate. The car seems to be God-sent for us. The ride and back seat may not be the best in the world-but somehow,they agree with my wife's condition much more than many other cars,of course, in my range of affordability.

She is also enjoying the seamless,jerk free shift of the auto 'box and the plush leather interiors.So physically and emotionally it has had an uplifting feeling on her-translate, on me! What else can a caring husband ask for in life?

And the car has made driving easier-it is easier to drive safer!!

I wish a joyful honey moon to you too. dot is already amused and worried about the future of your Civic and my i10.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:10   #329
BHPian

Hi Charthom,

Not sure if you covered it before. When it rains, how much of the noise filters inside the cabin? Especially from the roof. I know it's a weird question, but please let me know.
prabhuferrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 09:51   #330
Senior - BHPian

You know what, when we visited the accessories shop for some rubber mats. They pulled out the 3d kagu mats and boy was i tempted. But then he quoted 5K for the same. And that was a dampener, They look fantastic but my parents who were with me at the time, opted for clear plastic ones which i had put in the Civic. Total damage around 600 odd. But i must admit the 3D kagu mats do look fantastic.

Yes Dot is indeed worried about the future of our beloved rides who have been side tracked. I am in a fix as to which car to keep. Either way my parents live only 2 mins away and can borrow the golden beauty whenever i wish. well almost!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote