Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd July 2011, 21:35   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
+1, I too don't find a strong reason to upgrade the tyre size or brand. Yes the Goodyear tyres are noisy but they are OK for 'Normal' use. Those who got Michelin tyres as stock are lucky. Of course if you intend to do some aggressive driving then an upgrade is a must. I will keep the current tyres till they wear out.
Hey bluevolt,

Are you back?Nice to detect your presence around Mate-should we all have so much complex about our chariots that we must contemplate up-gradations all the time? Certain comfort levels are need improvement.If we can do them-fine.Otherwise let's enjoy the nice cars.

Venus will still be beautiful in any clothes, right ?! Are you back with her?
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:57   #347
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hey bluevolt,

Are you back?Nice to detect your presence around Mate-should we all have so much complex about our chariots that we must contemplate up-gradations all the time? Certain comfort levels are need improvement.If we can do them-fine.Otherwise let's enjoy the nice cars.

Venus will still be beautiful in any clothes, right ?! Are you back with her?
Hi charthom,

I am right here on team-bhp 24*7, itís just that I am away from Venus. I will be laying my hands on Venus only after 12 august. Dad has hired a cleaner for the car who is doing the job pretty well. Dad is also taking Venus to Hisar (Haryana) tomorrow and will be back by night. So I am happy that Venus will do some work and battery/tyre will remain healthy.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:10   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

@wingsoffire,

1.To my knowledge-any modification on the standard tyres voids the warranty irrespective of 5.5j or 6j etc.If you want the warranty intact,keep it standard.

2. You can check up with AURA by Hindalco-they have 5.5j rims.They are very good designs and are excellent. The sales guys will not show much enthusiasm because their margin is less. I had Aura alloys fitted for my i10 and they are stunning in :
I visited the the dealership today and was stunned by what the accessories manager had to say. The guy told me that honda haz done some kind of tieup with league alloys and they also showed me around 3 or 4 designs. The interesting thing is that all these designs had width sizes more than 5.5 inches. So it appears that if the width increases by half inch or so it will not void the warranty. The point is that the Honda showroom guys are themselves changing to higher profile rims on Anhc.
The price for all League alloys quoted was approx 22k.
Of course I would not be buying these. I really like one original Honda design that was displayed in the Honda showroom as well as the Honda city India website but it costs a whooping 43k.
The ones available on VMT model are also available for around 19.5k

Further updates after taking delivery tomorrow.
wingsoffires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 02:00   #349
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Thanks dot.But Sn1p3r wants to insulate the entire rear. Is it possible?
Oh yes it is possible, check out the BHPian ST7677's first ICE thread. The pictures are somewhere near the last pages of the thread.

Regarding wingoffires's question, looks like he has found the answer himself!
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 09:49   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Oh yes it is possible, check out the BHPian ST7677's first ICE thread. The pictures are somewhere near the last pages of the thread.

Regarding wingoffires's question, looks like he has found the answer himself!
@dot,

Thanks for the reply. I will read the thread suggested.I have no plans for insulation upgrade in the near future. At least I will wait for Sn1p3r to come back with the results. Still it was very kind of you to help.

Hope Sn1p3r can resort to action right away/after the rains.

Regarding wingsofffires's query, I was concerned as he had to go to the dealer's on Sunday(ie today)-with hardly any time left. I even tried PM'ing a couple of BHPians. Good that he found a solution.

Have you checked out the Kagu mats on hajaar's thread? There is a Vento thread with black mats. Can't recollect the author now!!

@wingssoffires,

Please check out FireBug's thread and see the snaps of his recent change of alloys. Also Karizma fan's long term ownership report(quoting from memory- do check up).BTW,the Hyundai service guys had told me that Aura is the supplier of OE for most brands(he had mentioned Honda too). These are not expensive and come with guaranteed quality control. I am not sure about the claim-but I suggest you give Aura a look.My i10 has Aura alloys and they are very stylish.

Hope you are taking delivery today. Congrats and all the best.

And come back with the ownership thread and an interesting story!!

Last edited by charthom : 24th July 2011 at 09:56.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 18:16   #351

Hey Charthom,

I am a new user on the forum and you will be happy to know that I have just decided on a ANHC-VMT. Your thread has been very helpful. Have a couple of questions to you and the other members, before I take delivery.

1. The underside Anti Rust PU coating for your car was from what company? Was it 3M? Secondly, is it advisable to wait for the first service before I do that?

2. Normally the dealer does a 3M polish on the car and tyres before delivery, is it good enough or should I go for a Teflon coat, to prevent scratches? Any idea, where this can be done and at what costs?

3. I have been given a choice between Llumar and 3M sunfilms for the windows and rear windscreen. Which one is recommended? Planning to go for 50% or 70% VLT for the same.

4. While you have factory fitted MRF tyres on your ANHC, is there any specific advantage of a factory fitted Michelin or Goodyear tyres on Indian roads, other than the brand value?

5. Habenaro Red Colour vs other colours?

Thanks in advance.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 18:29   #352
Senior - BHPian

Have done some talking and it seems that yes the cockpit can have better insulation by providing more dampening in the following areas.
1. Engine bay.
2. Firewall on the floor
3. Doors.
4. Wheel wells.
5. Floor (underneath carpet).
6. Boot.

Thus it's a big area covering and I am still to get quotes. Some more reading and getting more info. Please add.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 19:46   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Hey Charthom,

I am a new user on the forum and you will be happy to know that I have just decided on a ANHC-VMT. Your thread has been very helpful. Have a couple of questions to you and the other members, before I take delivery.
@Neilroy,

Welcome to Team BHP.

And to the company of ANHC owners-(who are the same passionate BHPians-only happen to drive ANHCs)

Of course, we are all very much happy and excited to learn that you have booked a new ANHC VMT. I am specifically glad that my thread has been helpful.

Let me answer your queries from my point of view.Hope others will add theirs.

Quote:
1. The underside Anti Rust PU coating for your car was from what company? Was it 3M? Secondly, is it advisable to wait for the first service before I do that?
Mine is 3M.I advise you to do it before delivery.

Quote:
2. Normally the dealer does a 3M polish on the car and tyres before delivery, is it good enough or should I go for a Teflon coat, to prevent scratches? Any idea, where this can be done and at what costs?
I had teflon coated-which appears to be unnecessary.Mine was compimentary-so no idea abouit the expenses. 3M teflon coat is usually done at the dealership itself-if you wish to have it done.

Quote:
3. I have been given a choice between Llumar and 3M sunfilms for the windows and rear windscreen. Which one is recommended? Planning to go for 50% or 70% VLT for the same.
Mine is V-Kool which proved to be expensive.3M should be economical-I have noticed mostly people are going for it and happy.

Quote:
4. While you have factory fitted MRF tyres on your ANHC, is there any specific advantage of a factory fitted Michelin or Goodyear tyres on Indian roads, other than the brand value?
Michelin tyres are supposed to have a no.of advantages over MRF or GY ones.Less noise is one of them. If possible opt for Michelins. Tell your SE in advance-if the car arrives with MRF,request him to swap them.It appears to be a regular practice-nothing unethical about it.

Quote:
Colours are personal choice.eg.bluevolt is very proud of his Red colour. Libranof1987 has a Red car but now finds Urban Titanium more attractive.mdsaab has a new bold beige car. My personal preferance was UT as it was the newest colour. Also I found it understated,stylish and very elegant. It needs very less maintenance in general. Follow your heart-my personal preferences are UT and Bold beige in the respective order.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
It is our passion to help each other!!

So best of luck,mate. Enjoy the 118 PSs safely and responsibly. And start working on your ownership thread right away-with plenty of snaps.

Best regards,charthom.

Last edited by charthom : 24th July 2011 at 20:12.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 20:19   #354

Dear Charthom,

Thanks for your wishes and suggestions. There will be loads of pics once the car is in.

On the colour aspect, like in your case the backseat comfort factor, is something my wife is finicky about.

She was with me in the showroom yesterday and saw the Red ANHC for quite sometime and then the UT, while I was busy negotiating with the Sales Manager. Well, she did like the red colour and feels it looks jazzy. But, I know I will have to use the car driving around to official meetings, hence was feeling a little awkward. Red is a standout colour, loud and will attract eyeballs and obviously high maintenance unlike the UT.

Lets see what the morning brings tomorrow. She is still thinking.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 20:38   #355
BHPian

Hey Neilroy, Welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
I am a new user on the forum and you will be happy to know that I have just decided on a ANHC-VMT.
Congratulations; Welcome to Honda Club and enjoy the i-VTEC.

Quote:
All modern cars are pre-coated with PU from underside; so it makes no sense to go for underboady coating again.
It would have made more sense to go for underbody coating in coastal areas where humdity is high, which can lead to corrosion on exposed metal parts due bottom scrapping tendency of ANHC after couple of years. I see you are from Bangalore, IMO its not needed.

Quote:
Please stay away from any kind of teflon or 3M coats the dealers offer. They guys actually use some non-standard products in the name of widely used term "teflon" which actually harms the paint than doing any good. Checkout the teflon coating thread on T-BHP.
Instead asking from price rebate deal during negotiations. You can let your new car paint to breath out for 30-45 days and then apply some good sealents like Nxt2 and coat of insulator wax Collinite-845. It will cost you fraction of what dealer offers you with good qaulity products.
refer: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...edge-home.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ite-845-a.html (Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845)

Quote:
IMHO Llumar is much better than 3M (at the sametime its expensive as well).

Quote:

Michelin XM1 which are ANHC OEM tyres are good in terms of low noise, good grips, better braking, much better/cushiony ride quality than the MRF & Goodyear tyres. However the flip side with them is they are a less durable in the mileage i.e. they tend to wear out fast.

Quote:
Colour choice is all personal preference. Unless you maintain and take care of the car paint no colour will make you car look refreshing & cool.
You can easily check these colours in each of the ownership threads (I don't have any)

eg:
@Charthom (Urban Titanium): Current thread

@RemingtonSteel (Tafetta White): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2189204

@Mdsaab (Bold Beige): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...onda-city.html (Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City)

@BlueVolt (Habanero Red): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ry-so-far.html

@Firebug (Alabaster Metallic):http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...city-s-mt.html (Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT)

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 24th July 2011 at 20:43.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:05   #356
BHPian

I think one day, hopefully, I will gatecrash the ANHC party with my black AT. Am pretty close to finalising the choice of the car and I see that there are hardly any black ANHC in Team BHP or I did not come across any. Since I already have a black esteem for 5 years I do not mind maintaining a black car.

Charthom,
Your posts have been reassuring me as I want a car that is very smooth and jerk free for my wife who is carrying our junior Other car I liked was Optra magnum. Need to test drive the fiesta too. I didn't like Vento that much as the ride was bit stiff for me.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:17   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I think one day, hopefully, I will gatecrash the ANHC party with my black AT. Am pretty close to finalising the choice of the car and I see that there are hardly any black ANHC in Team BHP or I did not come across any. Since I already have a black esteem for 5 years I do not mind maintaining a black car.
Here is Black ANHC for you on Team-BHP:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1660201 (The Crystal Black ANHC Comes Home...)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1948508 (My Black Beauty - ANHC S MT)

Since you already own a Black vehicle already; I am sure you understand but BLACK is high maintainance, really difficult to maintain. But its the best colour which gives out detailing brilliance if well manitained.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:21   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele

Here is Black ANHC for you on Team-BHP:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1660201 (The Crystal Black ANHC Comes Home...)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1948508 (My Black Beauty - ANHC S MT)

Since you already own a Black vehicle already; I am sure you understand but BLACK is high maintainance, really difficult to maintain. But its the best colour which gives out detailing brilliance if well manitained.
Thanks a lot. I will check these threads. I like black Color a lot and it makes me maintain the car even more carefully. One of my favourite past time is ogling at well maintained black cars under hot sun.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:29   #359
Senior - BHPian

Neil, Remi has answered all your Q's already.
And has got them spot on at that.
And thanks for providing a link to my thread too Remi

As far as the MRF's are concered am pretty happy with them. I was hoping to get the Michelins but as fate would have it we got the MRF's. And am not complaining. Ride is smooth. Fuel efficiency is top notch. So all izz well.

Sorry charthom could not reply about tire and alloy upgrade. Am not too well versed in that space. And hence refrained from any comments

Prabhuferrari please gate crash ASAP. Awaiting your entry into the ANHC club.
Plus your wife will surely appreciate the ride. Take our word for it.

Last edited by mdsaab : 24th July 2011 at 21:35.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:35   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I like black Color a lot and it makes me maintain the car even more carefully. One of my favourite past time is ogling at well maintained black cars under hot sun.
Since it seems like you are those kinds (like me ) who like to maintain car clean & mint then get introduced to "Car Detailing" thread below which explain in details on how to take care of car paints using some world class products.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...edge-home.html
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote