Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th July 2011, 21:37   #361
Senior - BHPian

The party just got hotter. It's raining new cars on this thread.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:42   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab

Prabhuferrari please gate crash ASAP. Awaiting your entry into the ANHC club.
Plus your wife will surely appreciate the ride. Take our word for it.
I am also eagerly waiting for the same. many thanks to you for your valuable inputs senior saab And Remi's car detailing link makes me want to buy the car ASAP and polish it
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:45   #363
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Dear Charthom,

Thanks for your wishes and suggestions. There will be loads of pics once the car is in.

On the colour aspect, like in your case the backseat comfort factor, is something my wife is finicky about.

She was with me in the showroom yesterday and saw the Red ANHC for quite sometime and then the UT, while I was busy negotiating with the Sales Manager. Well, she did like the red colour and feels it looks jazzy. But, I know I will have to use the car driving around to official meetings, hence was feeling a little awkward. Red is a standout colour, loud and will attract eyeballs and obviously high maintenance unlike the UT.

Lets see what the morning brings tomorrow. She is still thinking.
Welcome to Team-BHP Neilroy and congratulations on selecting Honda City. Choosing a color is a tough task. When I bought my ANHC last Diwali, My mom suggested me red color just due to the fact that its festive season i.e. Diwali and even goddess Lakshmi wears red color. But as soon as I was in showroom I fell in love with the red ANHC. It’s a personal choice so I will not recommend you any color but will confirm you that it is not hard to maintain red color especially when compared to black. I own a black WagonR and it gets dirty in few hours but the joy of watching a sparkling black color car is just fantastic.

Regarding your tyre query I think Michelin is the best for ANHC (current stock size). They are silent as compared to good year. I was not aware that the tyre can be changed on request when I bought my car so you can request your sales representative to do the needful.

And yes welcome to the ever growing club of ANHC members.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 22:06   #364

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Hey Remi, thanks for your suggestions.

Yes on the underside coat, even the dealer said the same thing, that BLR climate and water conditions do need anti rust right away. They will run checks during the first few services and thereafter comment whether it is required. I believe them because this does not come free of cost and they will make money here, so no wrong advises.

Have asked them to check if they have a UT or HRed VMT with Michelins, lets see.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 22:10   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Charthom,

Thanks for your wishes and suggestions. There will be loads of pics once the car is in.
You are mos welcome,friend. Can't wait to dig my teeth into the delicious fruit of your thread and munch each picture in the process

All the best-please post as soon as the decision is made about the colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I think one day, hopefully, I will gatecrash the ANHC party with my black AT.
The gates are open for you-just drive in,park and make yourself comfortable.
I have a black i10. Everyday new scratches keep appearing-as if spontaneously! But great colour- I must admit. I did not choose it for my ANHC only because I already have a black car.Same about red.My first car was a red Santro.

Quote:
Charthom,
Your posts have been reassuring me as I want a car that is very smooth and jerk free for my wife who is carrying our junior Other car I liked was Optra magnum.
Thank you,mate.I am sure both of you will not be disappointed.And BTW,please accept the double congrats!! Please TD Optra Magnum,too. Poitive will be a very thrilled man,deservedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Sorry charthom could not reply about tire and alloy upgrade. Am not too well versed in that space. And hence refrained from any comments
No problems mdsaab-wingsoffires wanted help in a very short time- so I was concerned and was frantically trying to attract feed backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I was not aware that the tyre can be changed on request when I bought my car so you can request your sales representative to do the needful.
Even I did not know-my car has MRFs.But the sales lady pointed out to me later-"if you had mentioned I would have swapped them for you"

Also I remember reading on an ownership thread that the tyres were changed on request before delivery.

Last edited by charthom : 24th July 2011 at 22:14.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 22:15   #366

Quote:
Welcome to Team-BHP Neilroy and congratulations on selecting Honda City. Choosing a color is a tough task.
===========
And yes welcome to the ever growing club of ANHC members.
Bluevolt, I have no doubt on the fact that the Red colour on the ANHC is dazzling. If you have noticed closely, in bright light, it has golden sparkles on the red base. Your car looks amazing, but a few more bright daylight pictures will work wonders for all those seeking to buy the colour.

BTW do you think body colour door protectors will look just as fine. Your's has a nice contrast with the black one.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 23:37   #367
BHPian

Finally Got my ANHC SMT Bold Biege today.

To say the least have been on Cloud Nine since.

Got discounts of 70k plus. Would try to give out the details later.

If anyone wants any help in getting the ANHC I might be able to help out with best possible deals in NCR. Let me know if your have any queries.

Charthom - Buddy have to admit that this thread of yours was a big inspiration behind me getting the Honda City.
Thanx for all the detailed information I got from this thread. Specially for the opening post for the thread that was highly detailed and informative.
wingsoffires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 00:14   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post

If anyone wants any help in getting the ANHC I might be able to help out with best possible deals in NCR. Let me know if your have any queries.
Hey Many congratulations on getting the Honda City. I too own the SMT Variant. Please do start your own ownership thread with loads of pictures ASAP.

Please share the final OTR and from which dealer you bought your car as the discount you got is fabulous?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 00:24   #369
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Dude.
Sorry couldn't paste feedback to you on the alloys query at such a short notice.
So, finally what all accessories you went for?? Which alloys did you get ?
Looking forward to your ownership thread with loads of pics.

Wish you the very happy miles -Enjoy the i-VTEC.

Looks like its raining ANHC on the Team-BHP; if this is the trend then the ANHC figures for this month will be interesting
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 08:22   #370
BHPian

Quote:

Dude, congrats. Obviously you should be on Cloud Nine!! This is the second bold beige in a short time. Wow-can't wait for all those pictures.Please post your thread soon.

Quote:

OMG-fabulous discounts!! Are they apart from the 60000/- price cut? Excellent!! Please give the details.

What alloys did you opt for.Sorry,I could not help you as much as I had wanted due top very short time.

Quote:
It is really generous of you. Thank you very much,Buddy.

Quote:
Charthom - Buddy have to admit that this thread of yours was a big inspiration behind me getting the Honda City.
Thanx for all the detailed information I got from this thread. Specially for the opening post for the thread that was highly detailed and informative.
Thanks for the kind words.Glad to have been able to be of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post

Looks like its raining ANHC on the Team-BHP; if this is the trend then the ANHC figures for this month will be interesting
It has to be Remi.A repentent Honda is giving us the consideration that we all deserve at last. Now who can resist this fabulous car?Only excuses for not buying is the diesel factor and "Well,I somehow don't like..","My basic philosophy is..","The car looks so arrogant..." etc,etc

Great to see more fresh threads. I hope more are in the pipe line-assuming that wingsoffires, prabhuferrari and Neilroy are busy typing theirs. What a great feeling
Old 25th July 2011, 09:19   #371
Senior - BHPian

Wingsoffires congratulations. You seem to have got a great deal. Please start an ownership thread soon and share all the details. Ofcourse i am going to say great colour choice!

Neil red is a great colour choice too. Was very tempted when i saw it at the dealers. But the final decision was up to my parents since it's their car actually. Even though its been with me practically since we brought it home. LOL!
i think the combination of red with black protectors gives it some extra chracter and i quite like the looks. I even commented so on the thread. But even painted red door protectors will look awesome
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 09:27   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bluevolt, I have no doubt on the fact that the Red colour on the ANHC is dazzling. If you have noticed closely, in bright light, it has golden sparkles on the red base. Your car looks amazing, but a few more bright daylight pictures will work wonders for all those seeking to buy the colour.

BTW do you think body colour door protectors will look just as fine. Your's has a nice contrast with the black one.
Hi Neilroy, You are right, golden sparkles are visible in light as this is metallic paint. I have posted quite a few pictures in my thread, posting the link where you can find some nice shots. (Hope charthom don't mind posting my thread link here)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...so-far-20.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...so-far-18.html

Quote:
Body color door protector are best as you can see they match the car color and no one notice if there is any moldings etc. BTW the car looks best without any moldings (body or black colored) because it hides the clean look of the car but it is a necessity keeping real life aspects in mind.

Painting of door beadings are extra and I was in a hurry so I told them to install black ones as there was a contrast because of black door boundary.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 09:41   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Neil red is a great colour choice too. Was very tempted when i saw it at the dealers. But the final decision was up to my parents since it's their car actually.
Me too mdsaab.I had a red Santro before-or else I would have convinced my wife to consider Red!

Quote:
(Hope charthom don't mind posting my thread link here
Of course not Buddy!! To me,your thread,feelings and ideas are as important as my own.I am really ecstatic about the way things are turning up. Let us all share good ideas and have a great time.

Quote:
BTW the car looks best without any moldings (body or black colored) because it hides the clean look of the car
In total agreement. That is what I have done-I know it is not practical-still....
Old 25th July 2011, 13:01   #374
BHPian

I think the Haberno Red is a great color too. I actually wanted that color for the City we just booked, but Dad didn't like that color. We ended up booking an Urban Titanium [same as Charthom's ].

I felt that Red was a nice contrast to the greyish/chromish front-fender [the part between the headlights].

I'm sure UT will look great too, judging by the pics on this very thread.
alam86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 14:58   #375
BHPian

Quote:

Wingsoffires - Many congratulation on your new ride.

Just a small query - The 70k discount is above the 65k standard discount or inclusive. What accessories did you get? Plan any mods?

Boy o Boy its raining AHNC here!!!! Wonder if Honda could give Team-Bhp some credit for these sales
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote