Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th July 2011, 15:20   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra

Wingsoffires - Many congratulation on your new ride.
Many congratulations. City is reaching critical mass in TBhp. I have only seen Fiats and Swifts in this great a number.

Can you believe what got stollen from my car post 1 year. The air nozzle covers are missing this morning. Where do i get new ones? Any specific ones I should spend on?

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 15:23   #377
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

Can you believe what got stollen from my car post 1 year. The air nozzle covers are missing this morning. Where do i get new ones? Any specific ones I should spend on?

Cheers!
Air nozzle covers? You mean the front grille? Please add some more details.

If it is the front grille then that will cost a bit I guess.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 16:51   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Air nozzle covers? You mean the front grille? Please add some more details.

If it is the front grille then that will cost a bit I guess.
I didnt quite get that one. Could you elaborate please.
Man i just hate it when something or anything gets stolen. Where was the car parked?
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 16:58   #379
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Cheers!
Sorry about the loss-Sn1p3r.

But what exactly has been stolen?

Hope you are alright.Take heart,Buddy!

@bluevolt,mdsaab- I quickly tried to google-but no fruits about air nozzles covers!

Last edited by charthom : 25th July 2011 at 17:06.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 17:48   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I didnt quite get that one. Could you elaborate please.
Man i just hate it when something or anything gets stolen. Where was the car parked?
Hi mdsaab, I guess you quoted me by mistake. This has happened with Sn1p3r's ANHC. I am still not able to confirm what air nozzle covers are but I guess he should be talking about front grill.

Quote:

Cheers!
Old 25th July 2011, 21:02   #381
BHPian

Quote:
The air nozzle covers are missing this morning!
Are these the caps of the air filling valves for the tyres? In that case you may get them at tyre dealers'.Some dealers/gas stations sell steel caps too.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 21:11   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Are these the caps of the air filling valves for the tyres? In that case you may get them at tyre dealers'.Some dealers/gas stations sell steel caps too.
Charthom I guess you have correctly recognized this air nozzle thing, you are genius.

The air filling valve caps are the easiest and smallest things of a car which get stolen very early. Many times these caps are stolen by the air filling guys as we hardly move out of our car when they fill air. One can get them from any filling station for 10-15 rupees.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th July 2011 at 21:12.
Old 25th July 2011, 21:20   #383

Good Evening! Thanks to all for their inputs. Just detailing the latest update from my dealer for all of you, paying the advance tomorrow, delivery will be in the 1st week of August:

1. Discounts including the free accessories, corp discount and insurance is amounting to INR 76,500.

2. I have negotiated for a Zero Depreciation insurance under Honda Assure. That would have been an additional top-up of INR 3500-5000 on the 25k insurance cost.

3. I have opted out of the 3rd and 4th year warranty for now, which can always be bought at the end of 2nd year. The essential kit of 3k came free.

4. Habanero Red VMT with Michelin stock tyres was available, they have blocked it for me.

5. Pre payment penalty on the car loan has been waived (idea from TBHP). I can repay the entire outstanding amount at the end of 24 months without any penalties for foreclosure.

6. Currently the dealer does not have body coloured bumper protectors, have asked them to let me know when the same will be available. Don't need the chrome on black ones.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 22:00   #384
BHPian

@Charthom,
I have booked VMT and expecting the delivery on Friday. Thanks to your thread which is information rich which is very helpful.

I have a very tight parking space and I reverse the car into my parking. Many times, kids play in the parking area. Hence, I need either reverse parking sensors or camera. I have asked my dealer to install reverse parking sensors, but he is advicing me not to go for it. He is saying if something has to go wrong in the car due to this sensor, then the warranty will not cover that. The other downside is the cheap sensors attact dust and misdetects them as the obstacle and hence shows wrong information. In spite of me asking repeatedly to install it as I will need them, he is repeatedly declining saying its not good for the car.

When I asked about reverse camera, he suggested Caska unitl. But it costs 60K in Chennai. Though this unit has many features, I just want reverse camera for now. I have already spent 10L for the car and do not want to spend 60K for this unit now.

Would you suggest anyother solution/option?
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 22:26   #385
Senior - BHPian

Nah nah! Guys the cover of the tyre nozzle got stolen oops! I mean the nozzle cap that's why I couldn't believe of what was stolen. Thank you all for the concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28
@Charthom,
I have booked VMT and expecting the delivery on Friday.
I have a very tight parking space and I reverse the car into my parking. Many times, kids play in the parking area. Hence, I need either reverse parking sensors or camera. I have asked my dealer to install reverse parking sensors, but he is advicing me not to go for it. He is saying if something has to go wrong in the car due to this sensor, then the warranty will not cover that. The other downside is the cheap sensors attact dust and misdetects them as the obstacle and hence shows wrong information. In spite of me asking repeatedly to install it as I will need them, he is repeatedly declining saying its not good for the car.
Congratulations dear. What color?
The dealer must be avoiding the install as he might not have the stuff in stock. The wires are not to be cut instead it's a plug and play in the relay. I have seen it being installed in March and more over it was being advised to all city customers at Pearl and Ring road honda. IMHO Reverse camera will be better to track moving objects rather than sensors. 60k for Caska is just too much. I am sure TBHPians in your town can help with an alternate dealer.

Have a great time.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 25th July 2011 at 22:28.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 22:27   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
@Charthom,
I have booked VMT and expecting the delivery on Friday. Thanks to your thread which is information rich which is very helpful.
Congrats Dude!!!
Enjoy the magnificiet i-VTEC & wish you the very best n' Happy miles with it.

Quote:
The dealer is right; if you go for non-Honda reverse sensing sensor which costs 3-5K it voids the Honda electrical warranty. Its really commendable that the dealer is atleast informing you this and secondly insisting you to not to go for this. I had to categorically ask this to dealer to which he agreed as warranty void.
The OEM Honda reverse sensors are IIRC is 13K in price.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 25th July 2011 at 22:29.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 22:42   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations dear. What color?
The dealer must be avoiding the install as he might not have the stuff in stock. The wires are not to be cut instead it's a plug and play in the relay. I have seen it being installed in March and more over it was being advised to all city customers at Pearl and Ring road honda. IMHO Reverse camera will be better to track moving objects rather than sensors. 60k for Caska is just too much. I am sure TBHPians in your town can help with an alternate dealer.

Have a great time.
Thanks Sn1p3r. I have opted for Urban Titanium. I liked both Black and U.T. I was more longing for Black beauty. But my wife liked UT.

I too think reverse camera will be better, I am not willing to spend 60K for that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Congrats Dude!!!
Enjoy the magnificiet i-VTEC & wish you the very best n' Happy miles with it.

The dealer is right; if you go for non-Honda reverse sensing sensor which costs 3-5K it voids the Honda electrical warranty. Its really commendable that the dealer is atleast informing you this and secondly insisting you to not to go for this. I had to categorically ask this to dealer to which he agreed as warranty void.
The OEM Honda reverse sensors are IIRC is 13K in price.
Thanks RemingtonSteele. The dealer says the Honda reverse sensors cost is 23K . He is advicing me to go for Caska as it is custom made for Honda and no wire has to be cut and it fits very well. But it is pricey and I am looking for cheaper alternatives.
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 08:35   #388
Senior - BHPian

Charthom you got it right mate.
Sn1p3r ~ what you can do is tip the filler at the tire shop like 20 and tell him that the covers are missing. Watch him rush inside and bring the caps and install them. Atleast thats what happened when i needed them last. Else they cost about 10-15 each.

About the parking sensors. Was at the dealer yesterday. And was discussing about the parking sensors. He was offering them free in the City deal, check out latest price update on new car price check thread.
This particular example looks like an Igloo. Comes with a warranty card. And does not involve any wire cutting. So the warranty will not go void.
Old 26th July 2011, 08:43   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
About the parking sensors. Was at the dealer yesterday. And was discussing about the parking sensors. He was offering them free in the City deal, check out latest price update on new car price check thread.
Do check whether they are body-coloured or black. Generally, the ones offered free are black; spoil the aesthetics of the bumper.

We paid around 10k for body-coloured reverse sensors, fitted at the dealer.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 09:01   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Do check whether they are body-coloured or black. Generally, the ones offered free are black; spoil the aesthetics of the bumper.

We paid around 10k for body-coloured reverse sensors, fitted at the dealer.
Body coloured as told to me by the sales rep. He gave me a demo of the system. But you know how i feel about the reverse sensor. So did not opt for it.

Ah yes another thing he was suggesting. Since he has seen the City and Civic. And neither have tints. He was suggesting a clear tint, which has 90% UV ray protection. And would cost 20k for the city. And around 25k.for the Civic.
This includes instalation all around.
Front, Sides & Back.
Have never put tints on my cars. Even the Matiz doesnt have any tints till date. And we have had her for 11 years now. My parents on the other hand have tinted all their vehicles till date. Lets see if anything changes with the City then.