Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th July 2011, 09:06   #391
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Rs 5000 max for 4-body color sensors with a new rear mirror attached on the existing one that shows individual distance to impact bars and beeps are available in Gurgaon. The dealer did not give you the right deal in my opinion but yours might be advance or such.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 26th July 2011 at 09:08.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 10:57   #392
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Charthom I guess you have correctly recognized this air nozzle thing, you are genius.
Thanks,Mate.It is the advantage of being in your company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Good Evening! Thanks to all for their inputs. Just detailing the latest update from my dealer for all of you, paying the advance tomorrow, delivery will be in the 1st week of August:
Congrats,Buddy.This is a really heart warming and brain cooling news!! Glad that we could help.

Quote:
[i]1. Discounts including the free accessories, corp discount and insurance is amounting to INR 76,500.
Is this a further discount after the price cut? God,fabulous

Quote:
[i]4. Habanero Red VMT with Michelin stock tyres was available, they have blocked it for me.
Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
@Charthom,
I have booked VMT and expecting the delivery on Friday. Thanks to your thread which is information rich which is very helpful.
Welcome to the thread and congratulations Jimmy28. So many new ANHCs are being booked! Relieved that my initial concern (see head line of this thread) is baseless. Thanks for the kind words,friend. Enjoy the iVTEC responsibly.

Quote:
When I asked about reverse camera, he suggested Caska unitl. I just want reverse camera for now.
I just contacted my dealer. They are suggesting Vision -with parking camera and 1 year warranty.The screen will be above the rear view mirror. 17,000/- no warranty will be void. Insist your SA to have it fitted-no outside jobs,which may void the warranty. Presently,they are unnecessary brain washing/persuading you for Caska which is unnecessary in your case-and quoting a higher price too(55 for me including MapmyIndia).

Quote:
I have opted for Urban Titanium. I liked both Black and U.T. I was more longing for Black beauty. But my wife liked UT.
Great choice of colour-er,I mean... both yours'! Wives always have the final words,sigh!!.. But UT is very easy to maintain-and black,the most difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Nah nah! Guys the cover of the tyre nozzle got stolen oops! I mean the nozzle cap that's why I couldn't believe of what was stolen. Thank you all for the concern
Hope they have been replaced by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
what you can do is tip the filler at the tire shop like 20 and tell him that the covers are missing. Watch him rush inside and bring the caps and install them. Atleast thats what happened when i needed them last. Else they cost about 10-15 each.
mdsaab,hats off.I am stunned by your spontaneity at bargains- LOL.

Quote:
He was suggesting a clear tint, which has 90% UV ray protection. And would cost 20k for the city. And around 25k.for the Civic.

Have never put tints on my cars. Even the Matiz doesnt have any tints till date.
I have V-Kool tints-the first tint ever on my cars.All round-the front with 70% visibility.They don't look flashy at all and very effective.Cost me 18,000/- with 5 years replacement warranty.

Quote:
Rs 5000 max for 4-body color sensors with a new rear mirror attached on the existing one that shows individual distance to impact bars and beeps are
Sn1p3r,IMHO,camera is better. A camera fitted at 17,000/- will bring a lot of peace of mind to Jimmy esp since he has a tight parking spot-especially after having spent a frotune on the car.. Hope you will agree.

Last edited by charthom : 26th July 2011 at 11:03.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 11:55   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good Evening! Thanks to all for their inputs. Just detailing the latest update from my dealer for all of you, paying the advance tomorrow, delivery will be in the 1st week of August:
Congratulations on your City. Waiting eagerly for a new ownership thread.
Quote:
3. I have opted out of the 3rd and 4th year warranty for now, which can always be bought at the end of 2nd year. The essential kit of 3k came free.
Can you please tell what this essential kit is? Is this the Honda on road support program? Usually we have 2+2 years warranty and 4 year on road support from Honda guys.
Quote:
4. Habanero Red VMT with Michelin stock tyres was available, they have blocked it for me.
Nice to see you getting the red after much hesitation.
Quote:
6. Currently the dealer does not have body coloured bumper protectors, have asked them to let me know when the same will be available. Don't need the chrome on black ones.
I guess the dealer always paint the black color protectors to match with body color. (As told by my dealer).

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th July 2011 at 11:57.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 12:54   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Sn1p3r,IMHO,camera is better. A camera fitted at 17,000/- will bring a lot of peace of mind to Jimmy esp since he has a tight parking spot-especially after having spent a frotune on the car.. Hope you will agree.
Yes, as mentioned earlier, I think camera will be a better bet as kids playing in parking lot and tight space will be better judged by a camera rather than beeping sensors. My post was in reply to dear Libran who was charged 10k for body colored sensors.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:39   #395
Senior - BHPian

Thanks charthom. Looks like i am turning into a bargain king of sorts. Hey wait is that a good thing?

regarding this essential kit. I hope he is not charging you for carpet mats, extra light bulbs etc. These come free with the car. And nothing extra should be charged by the dealer for the same
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 20:11   #396
BHPian

Neiroy and Jimmy28,

Don't buy floor mats if you have to pay for it. Instead go for the 3D Kagu mats.

mdsaab-guess you are still skeptical about them. They do get dirty-but I found them really easy to clean.

Bargaining right is definitely and seriously correct,mdsaab. By the worst kind of bargaining,you will only reduce the profit margin of the dealer.No one will suffer a loss and sell you anything.Hence your bargainig ways are appreciable.

Last edited by charthom : 26th July 2011 at 20:18.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 21:42   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Neiroy and Jimmy28,

Don't buy floor mats if you have to pay for it. Instead go for the 3D Kagu mats.
Thanks for the advice Charthom. The dealer said they will provide the basic accessories like door mats free of cost. I am not sure about the quality though. Let me see what they provide with.

Meanwhile, I was disappointed today by the dealer. As part of the deal, he promised 3M sun film as free accessory. I made a mistake by not asking him the type of sunfilm (like CS or RE and other details). Today I asked him about it and he is saying they will install CT type sun film which costs 2K. I asked him to install RE type films, but he is saying it costs around 6.5K and is asking me to pay 4.5K for upgrading the sun film. I was not happy and I told him I will get it installed outside. Since, I did not check the type of sun film during the deal agreement, I did not argue with him.
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 21:52   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Charthom.
As part of the deal, he promised 3M sun film as free accessory.he is saying they will install CT type sun film which costs 2K.
Always at your service,Buddy!

This is standard dealer behaviour-always read between the lines.Your SA appears to be crooked!!BTW,what happened to reverse camera? Are you installing Vision?

Last edited by charthom : 26th July 2011 at 21:53.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:59   #399
Senior - BHPian

^these little trivial issues spoils the mood. But Jammy you not let these things affect your mood. Just enjoy the smooth drive and write about the experience.

Congratulations! Cheers!
Old 26th July 2011, 22:12   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Always at your service,Buddy!

This is standard dealer behaviour-always read between the lines.Your SA appears to be crooked!!BTW,what happened to reverse camera? Are you installing Vision?
After the sun film incident, I did not want to install the reverse parking camera from this dealer. I am taking the deliver on Friday and am planning to drive for few days to see if I really need them (most like I will need them). I will probably get it installed from an accessary shop or from another dealer.

Quote:
^these little trivial issues spoils the mood. But Jammy you not let these things affect your mood. Just enjoy the smooth drive and write about the experience.

Congratulations! Cheers!
Thanks Sn1p3r. I was really upset about my foolishness on not checking the sun film model upfront. But as you said, these are small things and will not let them spoil my mood. I am eagerly waiting for Friday to drive home the beauty.
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 22:56   #401
BHPian

Quote:
After the sun film incident, I did not want to install the reverse parking camera from this dealer. I am taking the deliver on Friday and am planning to drive for few days to see if I really need them (most like I will need them). I will probably get it installed from an accessary shop or from another dealer.

Thanks Sn1p3r. I was really upset about my foolishness on not checking the sun film model upfront. But as you said, these are small things and will not let them spoil my mood. I am eagerly waiting for Friday to drive home the beauty.
Congratulations and welcome to the Honda club at charthom's thread My suggestion is that - Get the car first and then add things as you like it. For people who absolutely love the car, get the good stuff when you have the time, money and energy. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is absolutely sweet! I know everyone around here wants all the best things for the car the moment it rolls out of the showroom, but hey - What will you do afterwards?

Today, I bought Formula 1 wheel cleaners. It is used for cleaning dirty wheels that have stains or brake shoe powder deposits. From what I have read, formula 1 is a good product. It's a spray type. I plan to test it on a short area first and then check the results. I'll post the details after the coming weekend when I will have time to try this out.

I went looking around for suitable wheel washer brushes. I didn't find any yet that can pass through the disc brakes and the inner wheen rims. I have to try J.C road in Bangalore. However, I might just get them imported from U.S by next week since my colleague is travelling currently. I have also ordered for long reach glass cleaning brush to clean the interiors. Surprisingly, most of these are also available on eBay, but very expensive.

So now I have a few stuff

a. Wheel cleaners
b. Micro Fibre towels for cleaning
c. 3M Polish
d. Car Shampoo
e. Colin for cleaning glass.
f. Upholstery cleaners
g. Dashboard cleaners

Reverse parking camera is a must for tight spots. It gives you better vision than the regular parking sensors. They just don't pick up stuff that is below a certain height, like a block of stone. The mud flaps on my car scraped at night one, but the damage was not much. I plan to replace them. My advise is that when you get a reverse parking camera, get one with the night vision.

BTW, get nitrogen instead of regular air. You don't need to check for 3-4 months and it improves tyre life.

Last edited by sudeepg : 26th July 2011 at 22:57. Reason: Addition of information
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 08:40   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I know everyone around here wants all the best things for the car the moment it rolls out of the showroom, but hey - What will you do afterwards?
Correct and thought provoking philosophy.

Quote:
Today, I bought Formula 1 wheel cleaners. It is used for cleaning dirty wheels that have stains or brake shoe powder deposits. From what I have read, formula 1 is a good product. It's a spray type. I plan to test it on a short area first and then check the results. I'll post the details after the coming weekend when I will have time to try this out.
Great.Please post details-if possible,before and after snaps.

Quote:
So now I have a few stuff

a. Wheel cleaners
b. Micro Fibre towels for cleaning
c. 3M Polish
d. Car Shampoo
e. Colin for cleaning glass.
f. Upholstery cleaners
g. Dashboard cleaners
My God! She will feel like a supermodel!! Do you have the right climate now to apply all these goodies!?

Quote:
My advise is that when you get a reverse parking camera, get one with the night vision.
Correct-Caska has night vision.The pictures are a bit grainy but acceptable.

Quote:
BTW, get nitrogen instead of regular air. You don't need to check for 3-4 months and it improves tyre life.
Filling interval and corrosion resistance apart-many are testifying insignificant difference. I have N2 too,BTW.

Jimmy,jimmy,jimmy-a ja a ja with more details. Neilroy and wingsoffires too.

alarm86 has decided on his SMT.Can expect him soon too.

Last edited by charthom : 27th July 2011 at 08:41.
Old 27th July 2011, 09:42   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not favour Nitrogen. You have a choice of 78% nitrogen (also called Air) or 95% nitrogen (purity of commercial grade may be lower). My tyres (Bridgestone on Santro and Michelin on Civic) need to be topped up only about once in three months. There is one tyre on the Santro which need air once a month or so. Too small a leak to bother.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 09:51   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Can expect him soon too.

You bet! It will not be 'soon' though - will not be able to post my own 'ownership' review until late Oct/early Nov. Out of the country until then :(
alam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:31   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not favour Nitrogen. My tyres (Bridgestone on Santro and Michelin on Civic) need to be topped up only about once in three months. There is one tyre on the Santro which need air once a month or so. Too small a leak to bother.
@sgiitk,

This is interesting. I keep 30 psi for ride comfort. I check it on weekly basis(on my i10-City is a new addition and on N2) and find the pressure lesser by 1.5 psi-when I see 28.5,I top it up.One tyre is lesser by about 3.The tyre guys could not locate any fault/leak. 3 months for air is very good.

My logic for N2 are here.

1.I don't have the confidence not to check it at least fortnightly.N2 will allow less frequent checks,hopefully.
2.At each check up,I tip the attendant 10/- 4 times a month is 40/- Even if you top up on monthly basis and pay 50/- for N2,it is almost even.
3.Since I am not home all the time it will save my wife the trouble to visit the service station every week/fortnight.
4.The nearest gas station is 1.5 km for me.The nearest N2 station too is at same distance.

Plus the little bit of less expansion and corrosion etc adding up at least 5%,it is practical for me to fill N2.

Of course I am not talking purely from the point of view of science,I know. I travel to Canada and Russia in extreme winter-I have noticed people filling simple air mostly-not N2. But my friends have told me that at Gulf,many opt for N2 due to high expansion of air.

I know N2 is ideal for air craft tyres,air is mostly N2 and the commerical N2 may not be pure too.But practically if N2 is available without trouble and if it saves you some trouble too,then why not opt for it!?

sgiitk-thanks for sharing your views.I hope you will not find my "practical" argument silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
You bet! It will not be 'soon' though - will not be able to post my own 'ownership' review until late Oct/early Nov. Out of the country until then :(
Happy and unhappy!! Happy for the thread and unhappy for the delay.

I will be out of country from middle Sept to March. By then your review should be roaring on Team-BHP.

Last edited by charthom : 27th July 2011 at 10:32.