Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th July 2011, 10:39   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
Thanks for the advice Charthom. The dealer said they will provide the basic accessories like door mats free of cost. I am not sure about the quality though. Let me see what they provide with.

Meanwhile, I was disappointed today by the dealer. As part of the deal, he promised 3M sun film as free accessory. I made a mistake by not asking him the type of sunfilm (like CS or RE and other details). Today I asked him about it and he is saying they will install CT type sun film which costs 2K. I asked him to install RE type films, but he is saying it costs around 6.5K and is asking me to pay 4.5K for upgrading the sun film. I was not happy and I told him I will get it installed outside. Since, I did not check the type of sun film during the deal agreement, I did not argue with him.
That is real crooked on the part of the dealer. Wish you had confirmed which one he was going to install. Anyways you are doing the right thing. Just take the delivery of the car and get what else you want fitted from another dealer or an accessory shop. Just let his incident pass now, change your mood. The beauty will be coming home on Friday! Good luck & Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not favour Nitrogen. You have a choice of 78% nitrogen (also called Air) or 95% nitrogen (purity of commercial grade may be lower). My tyres (Bridgestone on Santro and Michelin on Civic) need to be topped up only about once in three months. There is one tyre on the Santro which need air once a month or so. Too small a leak to bother.
The Professor's says so too. And Dot had told me the same. When i was at the tire shop last, i had actually called up Dot to ask him whether i should fill up Nitrogen. The cost was Rs. 150 for all 5 tyres. and he pointed out that air is 78% nitrogen anyway. so why bother. ME being me. I asked for regular air. Was in a good mood for the money saved (As usual ) tipped the filler guy and drove off a happy man. The owner of the tire shop was not too happy though, he was expecting a two notes in his hand, but i drove off without giving him any. Poor chap!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 12:44   #407
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Hey mdsaab, here in Faridabad, Reliance Autozone was giving 1 years supply of Nitrogen for Rs 100 for all 5 tyres. One of my friend has enrolled for the scheme and he has got Nitrogen filled in his civic twice till now. Once complete filling, once top up. Seems a good bargain though.
zoom_vroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 12:57   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Honda club at charthom's thread My suggestion is that - Get the car first and then add things as you like it. For people who absolutely love the car, get the good stuff when you have the time, money and energy. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is absolutely sweet! I know everyone around here wants all the best things for the car the moment it rolls out of the showroom, but hey - What will you do afterwards?
Thanks sudeepg. You have a very good point. I am going to take the car first and drive for few days. After that, I think I will have a better idea on what really is needed to be added. Then I will do my research and get them done.

Quote:
Reverse parking camera is a must for tight spots. It gives you better vision than the regular parking sensors. They just don't pick up stuff that is below a certain height, like a block of stone. The mud flaps on my car scraped at night one, but the damage was not much. I plan to replace them. My advise is that when you get a reverse parking camera, get one with the night vision.
I too think Reverse parking camera will be better than the sensors. I want to spend some time with the car first and add the camera after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Jimmy,jimmy,jimmy-a ja a ja with more details.
I will post the details here once I take the delivery. I hope it is okay with you. unfortunately I am out of country from next week and will be back by end of August. Once I am back I will post more details.

Quote:
BTW, get nitrogen instead of regular air. You don't need to check for 3-4 months and it improves tyre life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not favour Nitrogen.
When I switched to tubeless tyres in my WagonR, I asked them to fill N2. For some reason the air was not holding up in the tyres (May be due to drum wheels). I had to top it up every two or three weeks. This was an issue as there is no N2 filling stations in the fuel pumps I regularly visit. Also, there are no N2 filling stations nearby home or on my daily commute route. Hence switched back to normal air.

When they deliver the City, does it come filled with N2 or normal air? If the City alloy wheels can hold N2 for at least two months, I might consider N2. Otherwise, I will go with normal air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
That is real crooked on the part of the dealer. Wish you had confirmed which one he was going to install. Anyways you are doing the right thing. Just take the delivery of the car and get what else you want fitted from another dealer or an accessory shop. Just let his incident pass now, change your mood. The beauty will be coming home on Friday! Good luck & Drive Safe!
I had let this incident pass. I am now thinking about the car and only the car.
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 14:12   #409
Senior - BHPian

Thats a fantastic deal for nitrogen filling. So they want to tempt you and get you hooked eh.
The City on delivery will come with normal air. And as mentioned earlier the difference in quantity of nitrogen is negligable.
Reverse camera is anyday better than sensors.
And look at it from this way too. Only one hole in the rear bumper.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 14:42   #410
BHPian

@ Jammy28

It might be due to the wheels. I have not topped up nitrogen since my second service, which was about 3 months ago. Mine is the VMT and it comes with alloys by default. I am planning to change them and I have zeroed on the design. Waiting for approval from high command

I also have plans to get angel eyes with HIDs. But they have to be retro fits. I am not very convinced about how that is done. Still researching.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 14:58   #411
BHPian

Quote:
The City on delivery will come with normal air. And as mentioned earlier the difference in quantity of nitrogen is negligable.
Reverse camera is anyday better than sensors.
Thanks for the info mdsaab. I agree on reverse camera better than sensors. I am thinking of fitting it in the boot lid just above the number plate in an angle rather than in the bumper.

Quote:
@ Jammy28

It might be due to the wheels. I have not topped up nitrogen since my second service, which was about 3 months ago. Mine is the VMT and it comes with alloys by default. I am planning to change them and I have zeroed on the design. Waiting for approval from high command

I also have plans to get angel eyes with HIDs. But they have to be retro fits. I am not very convinced about how that is done. Still researching.
I too think it is due to the wheels. I have also opted for VMT which comes with Alloys. So think the N2 should hold up well for at least two months.
Old 27th July 2011, 16:15   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In that regard, I'd prefer the sensors. At least the bumper looks symmetrical in the no. and placement of the sensors!

Quote:
I am thinking of fitting it in the boot lid just above the number plate in an angle rather than in the bumper.
I'm not sure that is going to be a good idea.

1) why make holes in the metal
2) wiring issues

Do you plan to get this done at Honda?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 17:11   #413
BHPian

Fellow BHPians, I need your advice on insurance for ANHC. I had asked for zero percent depreciation insurance. Dealer is asking for 5.5K additional for B2B insurance. Is it really worth spending? Should I go for B2B insurance or normal coverage? Thanks for you suggestions in anticipation.
Old 27th July 2011, 18:52   #414
Team-BHP Support

@Jammy, I saved 16K on the (comprehensive) insurance quote provided by the dealer and was feeling quite proud of myself, till I came across threads (including mdsaab's) where a low-speed rear-ending cost a fortune just because most of the affected parts came under the depreciation rider. I would highly recommend taking a zero-dep policy- it will be well worth the 5K odd in case something like this happens.

Incidentally, your regular insurance provider will NOT upgrade you to a zero-dep even if you offer to pay the difference in premium- your existing policy has to run out or be cancelled for that (I checked). So better to get it up front.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 21:25   #415

Quote:
Fellow BHPians, I need your advice on insurance for ANHC. I had asked for zero percent depreciation insurance. Dealer is asking for 5.5K additional for B2B insurance. Is it really worth spending? Should I go for B2B insurance or normal coverage? Thanks for you suggestions in anticipation.
Buy it. It will help, as its a new product and comes with much better Zero Dep cover than the open market ones. For once it offers you unlimited claims within the policy period with Zero dep facility than the market which only offers twice a year.
Neilroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 21:35   #416

[quote=bluevolt;2444009]Congratulations on your City. Waiting eagerly for a new ownership thread.

Can you please tell what this essential kit is? Is this the Honda on road support program? Usually we have 2+2 years warranty and 4 year on road support from Honda guys.

The essential kit is the puncture kit and body cover, which is priced at INR 3000.
The Honda assure program is the insurance policy provided by Honda directly. They have a tie-up at the backend with 4 insurers and offer a much more comprehensive cover than the normal policies. All plastic parts are treated as metal and similar depreciation is charged. Eg. Dash board, door panels, etc. The biggest advantage is that cashless claims facility is available in any Honda service center across India, and survey in case of damage can be done by the service engineers instead of independent surveyors who always assess the value of the damage pretty less.

Additionally you can pay INR 5.4K and buy a zero dep cover, which can be renewed for 5 years, instead of 2-3 years in open market policies.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 22:34   #417
Senior - BHPian

Lib ~ you know i prefer the clean look. And hence no sensors at all on my cars.

Regarding insurance. You have to pay the difference of approx 5.5k which is well worth it. We opted it for it on the City. Especially after what happened with Chicca. You can read about that on the civic rear ended thread.
Honda has a tie up with Ifco Tokyo (probably spelt wrong) Bajaj Allianz or you can opt for Honda assure. We opted for Bajaj as we have heard good reviews about them. Also i feel when it comes to renewal the honda assure will cost you more.
What is to be noted is that all the above tie ups offer cashless facility at all Honda dealerships nationwide.
So Please Please do pay the 5.5K extra.
In the unfortunate event of an accident god forbid.
You pay 500 processing fees, and not a cent more.
The dealetship and insurance folks will do the rest. And you get your car back in shape.

Do not pay for the essential kit. If they offer it free then ok. Else you can always get full body cover thrown in the deal. Thats the easiest freebie to get.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 02:09   #418
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Reliance Autozone was giving 1 years supply of Nitrogen for Rs 100 for all 5 tyres.
Once complete filling, once top up. Seems a good bargain though.
For a year it seems to be a good bargain. Nitrogen will last longer in tyres, so frequent fill-ups are not necessary. Otherwise there are no other perceptible benefits.

Quote:
So Please Please do pay the 5.5K extra.
In the unfortunate event of an accident god forbid.
You pay 500 processing fees, and not a cent more.
The dealetship and insurance folks will do the rest. And you get your car back in shape.
I agree. About three weeks back, a colleague was purchasing his 2nd year insurance for his ANHC AT. He got a quote of 14k odd from ICICI. Honda Assure 0% depreciation was about 24k. I suggested him to go for the 0% thing as it is a heaven sent blessing when in need. Finally he got 0% dep from Tata AIG for 18k.

Last edited by dot : 28th July 2011 at 02:14.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 10:33   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hey mdsaab, here in Faridabad, Reliance Autozone was giving 1 years supply of Nitrogen for Rs 100 for all 5 tyres.
I had mine filled at Global tyres for 200/-, free top up.They did not specify any period. Honda A.S.S. is offering free top up too.

N2 seems to last more as dot pointed out. Other claims are debatable.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 10:44   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lib ~ you know i prefer the clean look. And hence no sensors at all on my cars.
Same here but I'm smitten by the side garnish. The blue backlight looks really good!

Also, I want to check how the side beadings look on a red ANHC.

Problem is - here in Gurgaon, the vehicle is treated by mechanics like dirt. You will never find any mechanic treating your ride the way your City was treated. Hence, I'm not very enthusiastic. Tell them to first temporarily paste the beadings for us to confirm and then permanently fix it and you'll get the dirtiest look of your life. This is when I miss being in Pune!

Let's see how things unfold!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote