Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th July 2011, 11:04   #421
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Lib ~ you know i prefer the clean look. And hence no sensors at all on my cars.
Hey mdsaab,please check out the camera sensor on my City? Does it look objectionable?

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00447.jpg

Name:  caskarev2.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  25.0 KB

Yes,I have not liked the 4 sensors on the rear bumper-and you have to be a genius to interpret them!! I am finding a hard time interpreting the image from the camera itself

Last edited by charthom : 28th July 2011 at 11:06.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 11:39   #422
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
In that regard, I'd prefer the sensors. At least the bumper looks symmetrical in the no. and placement of the sensors!

I'm not sure that is going to be a good idea.

1) why make holes in the metal
2) wiring issues

Do you plan to get this done at Honda?
The dealer mentioned that the reverse camera for Caska unit is installed in the boot just above the number plate. He said, there is provision for fitting camera and wiring. I am not sure if that is the case, need to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@Jammy, I saved 16K on the (comprehensive) insurance quote provided by the dealer and was feeling quite proud of myself, till I came across threads (including mdsaab's) where a low-speed rear-ending cost a fortune just because most of the affected parts came under the depreciation rider. I would highly recommend taking a zero-dep policy- it will be well worth the 5K odd in case something like this happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Buy it. It will help, as its a new product and comes with much better Zero Dep cover than the open market ones. For once it offers you unlimited claims within the policy period with Zero dep facility than the market which only offers twice a year.
Quote:
Regarding insurance. You have to pay the difference of approx 5.5k which is well worth it.
Honda has a tie up with Ifco Tokyo (probably spelt wrong) Bajaj Allianz or you can opt for Honda assure. We opted for Bajaj as we have heard good reviews about them. Also i feel when it comes to renewal the honda assure will cost you more.
So Please Please do pay the 5.5K extra.

Do not pay for the essential kit. If they offer it free then ok. Else you can always get full body cover thrown in the deal. Thats the easiest freebie to get.
Thanks everyone for your timely and valuable advice. I have opted for zero depreciation insurance from Honda Assure with Bajaj Allianz as the provider.

The car is going for registration today. Tomorrow is the delivery.
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:21   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
Please perform a PDI (inside & outside for paint defects) in direct sunlight or bright natural light before the car goes for registration.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 28th July 2011 at 12:25.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:41   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Please perform a PDI (inside & outside for paint defects) in direct sunlight or bright natural light before the car goes for registration.
I have done the PDI this morning. To my eyes, everything looked good. The car is June manufactured one and the odo was showing 31KMs. There were no visible scratches or dents. All the electrical equipements worked (lights, power windows etc).
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:50   #425
BHPian

Quote:
I have done the PDI this morning. To my eyes, everything looked good. The car is June manufactured one and the odo was showing 31KMs. There were no visible scratches or dents. All the electrical equipements worked (lights, power windows etc).
Congrats Jammy! You're almost there

I just got the VIN number for our car too and that is also a June manufactured car. We'll be getting it in about a week
alam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 13:24   #426
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer mentioned that the reverse camera for Caska unit is installed in the boot just above the number plate. He said, there is provision for fitting camera and wiring. I am not sure if that is the case, need to check.
Jimmy check out the snaps of my camera position,posted above.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your timely and valuable advice. I have opted for zero depreciation insurance from Honda Assure with Bajaj Allianz as the provider.
Wisely done.

Quote:
Quote:
I have done the PDI this morning.The car is June manufactured one and the odo was showing 31KMs.
Heartiest congrats.Please post a few quick snaps of the deliver process,etc-can you? It is great that the car is veryu recent stock-unlike mdsaab's and mine-February batch!
Wish you the safetst delivery experience.

Quote:
In that regard, I'd prefer the sensors. At least the bumper looks symmetrical in the no. and placement of the sensors!
Libran,you too check out the camera position.IMHO,it is better than the sensors,aesthetically
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 21:35   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
I just got the VIN number for our car too and that is also a June manufactured car.
Only 'Exclusive's are February built-others seem like June batch. This makes me wonder that The leather seat/steering batch may not be under production,now.

@alarm86,BTW-are you planning any audio upgrades now?
Old 28th July 2011, 22:05   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same here but I'm smitten by the side garnish. The blue backlight looks really good!
The other day we went for a movie, and parked in the basement parking of the multiplex. The blue light makes you feel really special when you open the door. I use to think of this accessory as rather gimmicky. But it's of good quality and adds that touch of class. I have grown to like it very much.

Also, I want to check how the side beadings look on a red ANHC.
I have seen them on a car at the dealership. It looked good. Adds that little bit of muscle to the profile.
Problem is - here in Gurgaon, the vehicle is treated by mechanics like dirt. You will never find any mechanic treating your ride the way your City was treated. Hence, I'm not very enthusiastic. Tell them to first temporarily paste the beadings for us to confirm and then permanently fix it and you'll get the dirtiest look of your life. This is when I miss being in Pune!
Infact, i did not even ask for it to be done that way. They wanted it to be perfect. So they fitted it temporarily and only after my OK did they fix it permanently. Our SA said. It's a 10 lakh rupee car, we don't want to mess up the look. and make the customer upset that we ruined the look. He said they do the same whether it is fitted as a free or paid accessory. He also said that just because it's a free accessory, does not mean the customer should feel cheated by us spoiling the look. I can understand why you miss being here in Pune. Come back soon. Would love to meet up in person. Us being the Librans amongst the gang.
Let's see how things unfold!
I wish you the very best. Hope the folks do a great job when they deck up your ride err umm folks ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hey mdsaab,please check out the camera sensor on my City? Does it look objectionable?
Not at all mate. I like this cleaner 1 object look. Rather than 4 sensors crowding the back. Looks like a neat job too. Infact one may even miss it, and so you had to provide a closeup too.

Quote:
Charthom's is a caska unit setup. and you can see the camera placed on the bumper in his uploaded pics.

Perfect combo!
Congratulations mate! it's going to be tough sleeping tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
You just took the words right out my mouth.

Quote:
June example. Lucky you! Hey did the music system come on?

Quote:

I just got the VIN number for our car too and that is also a June manufactured car. We'll be getting it in about a week
June example for you too. Great on you mate!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 22:20   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Jammy,

You can fit the camera either above the no.plate or on the bumper.In my case,the SA recommended the bumper and suggested that the other option is not good.see the snaps- You can follow the same,if interested.

I wish you a sleepless night,Mate-full of sweet dreams. Enjoy the delivery experience tomorrow and drive safe.

Last edited by charthom : 28th July 2011 at 22:23.
Old 28th July 2011, 22:37   #430

Hello everyone.

Just returned from a PDI of my ANHC. Its an April manufactured car as per the VIN. All's well. However, seeing Bhpians (Jammy & Alam) getting June manufactured ANHCs, just thinking should I reconsider asking for a fresh car from the dealer?

A quick suggestion and expert comments will be helpful, as the dealer plans to send the car for registration tomorrow or Saturday.
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 22:51   #431
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks alam86. Congrats to you too. what color did you choose?

When you get your car, please do a PDI check before registration. I was waiting at the showroom this morning for my car to arrive for PDI check. I overheard two chaps speaking about out 10 cars they received this week, 8 had small dents or scratches. I was worried after hearing this. But I could not spot any visible dents or scratches in my car.

Quote:
Heartiest congrats.Please post a few quick snaps of the deliver process,etc-can you? It is great that the car is veryu recent stock-unlike mdsaab's and mine-February batch!
Wish you the safetst delivery experience.
Thanks charthom. As I mentioned before, when I was disappointed with NFS price, yours and mdsaab's threads made me consider ANHC.

Quote:
Congratulations mate! it's going to be tough sleeping tonight.

June example. Lucky you! Hey did the music system come on?
Yes, it is a June example. The ninth and tenth characters in VIN are 'FB'. I did not take my usb drive hence could not check.

Quote:
Jimmy check out the snaps of my camera position,posted above.
Quote:
Jammy,

You can fit the camera either above the no.plate or on the bumper.In my case,the SA recommended the bumper and suggested that the other option is not good.see the snaps- You can follow the same,if interested.

I wish you a sleepless night,Mate-full of sweet dreams. Enjoy the delivery experience tomorrow and drive safe.
Thanks for the snaps Charthom. If I decide to go for reverse camera, I will ask them which one is the better place to fit it.
Jammy28 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 23:00   #432
BHPian

Quote:
when I was disappointed with NFS price, yours and mdsaab's threads made me consider ANHC.
Delighted!!You will never regret the decision.

Glad that yours is one of the 2 undamaged cars.

Waiting anxiously for the update tomorrow
Old 29th July 2011, 00:34   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone.

Just returned from a PDI of my ANHC. Its an April manufactured car as per the VIN. All's well. However, seeing Bhpians (Jammy & Alam) getting June manufactured ANHCs, just thinking should I reconsider asking for a fresh car from the dealer?

A quick suggestion and expert comments will be helpful, as the dealer plans to send the car for registration tomorrow or Saturday.
Don't worry to much about it. Even an April vehicle should be fine.
And as you have done a thorough PDI and all seems well. Then go ahead with the delivery. Good Luck!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 00:53   #434
BHPian

Quote:
@alarm86,BTW-are you planning any audio upgrades now?
No, not right now. I may consider investing in the Caska if the price goes down or some other good cheaper alternatives come along.

Quote:

June example for you too. Great on you mate!
Thank you mdsaab!

Quote:
Jammy,

Did he say why exactly it was not good? I think not having to drill a hole in the bumper would have been preferable.

Is it because the bumper is closer to the ground, so you get to see low-lying objects that may be missed if the camera is on top of the number plate?

Quote:
Thanks alam86. Congrats to you too. what color did you choose?

When you get your car, please do a PDI check before registration. I was waiting at the showroom this morning for my car to arrive for PDI check. I overheard two chaps speaking about out 10 cars they received this week, 8 had small dents or scratches. I was worried after hearing this. But I could not spot any visible dents or scratches in my car.

Thanks for the snaps Charthom. If I decide to go for reverse camera, I will ask them which one is the better place to fit it.
We got Urban Titanium as well. Thanks for the heads up about the PDI. We're going to do that anyway - informed our sales rep last night that Dad would come by with my cousin for a PDI before they send it for registration.

Were those two chaps from the dealership or were they customers?
Those 8 customers will probably curse their luck if the don't do a through PDI.
alam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 09:42   #435
BHPian

Quote:
@Neilroy,

As mdsaab has correctly advised- don't take it as a big deal. My car was Feb batch(mdsaab's too),I took delivery on 4th June. The car was in immaculate condition,fresh. As long as they are not selling you last year's stock etc I suggest don't mind.

Good that the car was in great shape,without dents etc. All the best for Saturday.

Quote:
No, not right now. I may consider investing in the Caska if the price goes down or some other good cheaper alternatives come along.
Already there are cheaper alternatives.Caska has the distinct advantage of working with steering mounted audio controls. Try out Mega audio. jk007 has done some research on HUs,I believe. He is of the opinion that Caska is the only chinese product worth considering. Please go through his ANHV thread.

Quote:
Did he say why exactly it was not good? I think not having to drill a hole in the bumper would have been preferable.
Is it because the bumper is closer to the ground, so you get to see low-lying objects that may be missed if the camera is on top of the number plate?
Yes,exactly.Better visibility. With very difficult parking spots,I needed proper visibility in Cochin-hence decided to drill the bumper. Now reverse parking is nothing less than a joy! BTW,it was 'she'-not 'he'

Quote:
Those 8 customers will probably curse their luck if the don't do a through PDI.
High time for them to head for team BHP.

Last edited by charthom : 29th July 2011 at 09:44.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote