Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th July 2011, 11:38   #451
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Thanks, mate. I in a bit of a spot though. My car already has sun control films and I am not sure if removing them will damage the glass. Removing from rear windscreen seems definitely not an option based on what I have read through team-bhp forums. Anyone knows for sure?

@charthom

I am going to try the formula one wheel cleaners today or tomorrow and post the pictures
Sudeep- new products keep coming and they keep getting superior too.With all respect to HuperOptik and in full appreciation for Padmini nano's goodwill towards T-BHP, if your present film gives you good service why change now? Wait for a while-if it gets damaged then go for a newer product.

Wow-all the best!!Please do post the pictures of those shining wheels!

I hope there will be a rain of snaps in the forth coming days- new deliveries are being taken too!!

Neilroy- Thanks for bringing the new product into attention-please do let us know after putting into use. Is this applied with a brush?

mdsaab- the central lock would not open itself if the engine stalled-It was my mistake-sorry for the same. But if the doors remain locked during an accident,it increases the risk by many folds,right. The engine usually stalls-very rarely only the driver stops it/has the presence of mind to stop it. City/Civic have anti jam doors? I am not sure.

Still if the doors unlock for each misfire,then it is a bothration too..sigh.

Friends,

I just took my i10 for a short drive. I found the air pressure quite less-last checked 13 days back.

One tyre was 25 others 28 each. I filled upto 31( I usually keep 2 less).

I have recently had my tyres checked-there are no leaks. How come sgiitk and a few others are holding their air pressure steady for 3 months etc?
Not in my case I am afraid!

Last edited by charthom : 30th July 2011 at 11:39.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 11:45   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
I just took my i10 for a short drive. I found the air pressure quite less-last checked 13 days back.

One tyre was 25 others 28 each. I filled upto 31( I usually keep 2 less).

I have recently had my tyres checked-there are no leaks. How come sgiitk and a few others are holding their air pressure steady for 3 months etc?
Not in my case I am afraid!
Thats quite unusual IMO. Is the same happening with your City as well?

Maybe you need to get something like this for your tyres
Pete's Air Checkers

Last edited by vb-san : 30th July 2011 at 11:47. Reason: URL name updated
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 11:49   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thats quite unusual IMO. Is the same happening with your City as well?

Maybe you need to get something like this for your tyres
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited
Hey vb-san,

Welcome back. The City is on N2. I am going to switch i10 to N2 too. Had plans of selling it-which is now cancelled. Hence the delay.

Meanwhile will check out the link.Thanks for sending in.
Old 30th July 2011, 11:58   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Sudeep- new products keep coming and they keep getting superior too.With all respect to HuperOptik and in full appreciation for Padmini nano's goodwill towards T-BHP, if your present film gives you good service why change now? Wait for a while-if it gets damaged then go for a newer product.

Wow-all the best!!Please do post the pictures of those shining wheels!
Very true, Charthom. The current tint is lighter and not something I preferred. I have been thinking of changing it, but not a super priority. The present film does give good service and I am looking into fixing one for the front windshield as well. But that will be a bit later.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 12:22   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

@Sn1p3r,

I think the present requirement is the wind shield anti glare film should be absolutely transparent-should not block visibility from outside at all.

Is there any up-coming ban by Supreme court ,to your knowledge.
There is a thread running on the forum about it. Due to lots of cases in news about miscreants making full use of dark tints someone has filed a PIL to ban everything. I do not have the conclusive report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
I have installed charcoal shaded sun films on my car which offers 35% visibility. Allowed limit in my City is 50% but I installed the 35% one due to privacy reasons. My windshield is totally clear and I use aftermarket sunshade when the car is parked to protect the dashboard from sunlight.

One should stick to 50% limit (can go for 35% only if required but not below that).

(This is for Delhi/NCR region).
Brother, the rule says visibility should be maintained at 70% upfront and 50% on side thus you need to be careful. Also not all tints are same, some have better heat rejection without being dark. I am sure the cops will start bothering everyone with tints soon. I hope some good judgement comes through.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 12:44   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
There is a thread running on the forum about it.

Brother, the rule says visibility should be maintained at 70% upfront and 50% on side thus you need to be careful. Also not all tints are same, some have better heat rejection without being dark. I am sure the cops will start bothering everyone with tints soon. I hope some good judgement comes through.
Thanks for the news Sn1p3r.

Since there is already a thread in this respect-I suggest that we continue this discussion over there.

Mods,I am right here-please advise.
Old 30th July 2011, 13:36   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey vb-san,

Welcome back. The City is on N2. I am going to switch i10 to N2 too. Had plans of selling it-which is now cancelled. Hence the delay.

Meanwhile will check out the link.Thanks for sending in.
Does the air leak pattern differ between normal air and N2?

Last time when I changed my carís tyres, I also got those filled with N2. I am no expert in this matter, and went with the opinion of the showroom folks. They also mentioned that the top-up always should be N2. As far as we are in Thrissur, itís not an issue (as the tyre shop is 500m away from my apartment), but this could be an inconvenience in long trips right?
Old 30th July 2011, 15:18   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san

Last time when I changed my car’s tyres, I also got those filled with N2. I am no expert in this matter, and went with the opinion of the showroom folks. They also mentioned that the top-up always should be N2. As far as we are in Thrissur, it’s not an issue (as the tyre shop is 500m away from my apartment), but this could be an inconvenience in long trips right?
Yes and here is your link. Mods: Please provide a way to link via iOS app. Thanks!

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars...nitrogen-.html
Sn1p3r is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 15:57   #459
BHPian

Quote:

Last time when I changed my car’s tyres, I also got those filled with N2. I am no expert in this matter, and went with the opinion of the showroom folks. They also mentioned that the top-up always should be N2. As far as we are in Thrissur, it’s not an issue (as the tyre shop is 500m away from my apartment), but this could be an inconvenience in long trips right?
@vb-san,

If you examine a few last posts,people have been debating if N2 is reqd. esp sgiitk suggested that N2 is not reqd at all.

This is why I posted my feed back of tyre top up only after about 2 weeks.

Frankly,I find N2 having a little advantage of at least infrequent filling.

Quote:
Yes and here is your link. Mods: Please provide a way to link via iOS app. Thanks!
@Sn1p3r,

Thanks for this post! You have indeed clarified many of my doubts in this subject.after all N2 seems to have some benefits. Hope other friends will check out this link too!!

Last edited by charthom : 30th July 2011 at 15:59.
Old 30th July 2011, 18:37   #460
dot
Senior - BHPian

Nitrogen does stay longer in tires. But the usual price (Rs100+ per fill) does not justify a complete changeover. If someone does not have the qualms of filling air regularly, then compressed air is more than enough.

Charthom, regarding the loss of air in i10, is it possible that the valves may have a slight leak?
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 21:38   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
@vb-san,

If you examine a few last posts,people have been debating if N2 is reqd. esp sgiitk suggested that N2 is not reqd at all.

This is why I posted my feed back of tyre top up only after about 2 weeks.

Frankly,I find N2 having a little advantage of at least infrequent filling.

@Sn1p3r,

Thanks for this post! You have indeed clarified many of my doubts in this subject.after all N2 seems to have some benefits. Hope other friends will check out this link too!!
Thanks Sn1p3r & Charthom for the clarifications. I did a search later, and found got some information online - Nitrogen in Tires : Information about Nitrogen Tire Inflation News, Benefits, Generator Dealers, Location Finder & More

Last edited by vb-san : 30th July 2011 at 21:39. Reason: Formatting
Old 30th July 2011, 22:43   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sn1p3r & Charthom for the clarifications. I did a search later, and found got some information online - Nitrogen in Tires : Information about Nitrogen Tire Inflation News, Benefits, Generator Dealers, Location Finder & More
Guys, benefits of filling nitrogen in tyres is really debatable.
Here is the myth buster link about the same: TYRESAVE: Tyre Inflation with Nitrogen

Going by my personal experience, no matter what the other benefits are but with N2 the tyres really do hold the pressure constant for long long time and also has better/consistant ride even during the rip off (tyre pressure remains constant even at high tyre temperatures).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 30th July 2011 at 22:46.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 22:52   #463
Senior - BHPian

You folks and your informative posts are seriously tempting me to go in for nitrogen.
Will have to ask Doctor Dot first though.
So speaking of prices for Nitrogen fill.
last time i was asked to pay 150 for all 5 tyres.
but then did not end up filling nitrogen.
So should i haggle?
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 00:32   #464
BHPian

@ charthom
I too did it!! And your this thread played the vital role in my decision making. Please go thru my post @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ity-1-5-v.html
it was created in hurry, am sure i haven't covered all topics, so i ll be updating it soon. Thanks for your valuable suggestions via mail
althaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 07:28   #465
Senior - BHPian

althaaf congratulations, visited your thread. and what do i see there.
A Bold Beige AT. Welcome to the club!
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote