Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 11:07   #466
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
But the usual price (Rs100+ per fill) does not justify a complete changeover.
@dot, no-a-days stations are offering free refill. The Honda service station too is filling for free. Hyundai proposed N2 to me 2 years back-but the service centre is about 8 km away.So I did not opt. Now it is available only 1.5 km from home.Guess will change the i10 soon.

Quote:
Charthom, regarding the loss of air in i10, is it possible that the valves may have a slight leak?
I have had all tyres checked-they check the valves too-I believe. My cars don/t run much-could it be a reason?

I had to check my previous Santro too every week/fortnight. BTW,in 2 weeks how much the pressure can fall?In my case about 1.5 to 2 psi.Is it normal?

[quote=vb-san;2449999]I did a search later, and found got some information online - Nitrogen in Tires : Information about Nitrogen Tire Inflation News, Benefits, Generator Dealers, Location Finder & More

vb-san,thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Going by my personal experience, no matter what the other benefits are but with N2 the tyres really do hold the pressure constant for long long time and also has better/consistant ride even during the rip off (tyre pressure remains constant even at high tyre temperatures).
@RS,Thanks for the link. As the famous saying goes, "Even if you hit your own mother-the opinion will be divided!!"-N2 filling is far less serious a crime than hitting the mother

In my practical experience- I check my tyres weekly and tip the guy 10/-( I am very serious and punctual abut preventive maintenance).So monthly bill 40/- To top up N2 once is 50/-( now free at many places, I learn).hence if I top up my tyres every 45 days,it saves a few bucks.Plus at least 5% of claimed benefits of N2 as admitted by you,I am even,right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
You folks and your informative posts are seriously tempting me to go in for nitrogen.
Will have to ask Doctor Dot first though.
So speaking of prices for Nitrogen fill.
last time i was asked to pay 150 for all 5 tyres.
but then did not end up filling nitrogen.
So should i haggle?
N2 even has a bragging potential-mdsaab.Ducktail and still on air!! What a shame-fill away immediately 150 for 5 is a steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
@ charthom
I too did it!! And your this thread played the vital role in my decision making. Please go thru my post @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ity-1-5-v.html
it was created in hurry, am sure i haven't covered all topics, so i ll be updating it soon. Thanks for your valuable suggestions via mail
Hey altaaf,great to read it! Congrats man!! I did not hear from you after that PM-had begun to worry about you!! Nice that you have done it.

I will read you thread now,give me a moment. A sexy golden beauty is she- wow what a great Sunday!!

Welcome to the Honda club.Use that AT factor to the full advantage,keep your head cool,be generous to fellow drivers and drive safe.

BTW,thanks for the good words-it has been my pleasure to be of help.

Last edited by charthom : 31st July 2011 at 11:11.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 11:15   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Charthom LOL!
ok i will fill up the N2 when i pass the tire shop next.
Goes in line with the ducktail as you pointed out. as yes most ducks can fly!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 20:10   #468
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Guys check out latest photoshoot of my Tefetta White Babe with its New Ducktail spoiler.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450814

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 31st July 2011 at 20:27.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 22:15   #469
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Guys check out latest photoshoot of my Tefetta White Babe with its New Ducktail spoiler.
RS-checked out and am still drooling. The magic of the City design is- any colour I see it in,I think,God,gorgeous-this is the best colour for this car!

I have seen the sapphire blue one and liked it too. And have seen photos of a green version that looks stunning too(not launched in India).

The perfect blend of colour,those alloys and the ducktail is more appetising than a fully groomed duck,IMHO The black and white snaps are excellent too.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 11:32   #470
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Friends,

In pursuit of leather door handle covers for mdsaab-I just called up Stanley boutique.

The Leather seats of Honda cars including the ones on the Exclusive City are leatherette!! They are not wholly leather as per the Stanley guys. Of course they are done by Stanley.They claimed that even the seats on the Passat are not wholly leather.

mdsaab- they are not doing the doors and arm rests separately-only along with the seats.Rates start at 30,000/- sigh!!
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 17:50   #471
BHPian
 
wingsoffires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Guys , Are you aware of the best price for side step garnish (illuminated lighting) for the front doors for Honda City. My local dealer is asking 10.5k for this. I feel this is a bit too high.
wingsoffires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 18:45   #472
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Friends,

In pursuit of leather door handle covers for mdsaab-I just called up Stanley boutique.

The Leather seats of Honda cars including the ones on the Exclusive City are leatherette!! They are not wholly leather as per the Stanley guys. Of course they are done by Stanley.They claimed that even the seats on the Passat are not wholly leather.

mdsaab- they are not doing the doors and arm rests separately-only along with the seats.Rates start at 30,000/- sigh!!
Thanks for talking the trouble buddy.
Yes the seats in the City are Leatherette indeed. But that's a good thing.
1. No animals were killed for our seats.
2. Leatherette is better suited to India, real leather would have a tendency to crack in our extremely hot summers.

One good thing is that Honda quality is top notch.
taking 5K away, the Seats cost 25K. Which is not cheap.
Also Stanley is one of the best if not the best manufacturer of seat covers in India. and Honda using them as OE speaks about their levels of quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Guys , Are you aware of the best price for side step garnish (illuminated lighting) for the front doors for Honda City. My local dealer is asking 10.5k for this. I feel this is a bit too high.
That is the dealer price for them. You can negotiate a bit, it all boils down to your relationship with them. i can tell you 500 can surely be knocked off.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 19:29   #473
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,188 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
The Leather seats of Honda cars including the ones on the Exclusive City are leatherette!! They are not wholly leather as per the Stanley guys. Of course they are done by Stanley.They claimed that even the seats on the Passat are not wholly leather.
Not surprised. I discovered in the hunt for my own leather seats that virtually all OEM seats are in fact leatherette or artificial ("art") leather, never the real thing. In fact what Stanley offers you for 25K or so will be "touch" leather, meaning authentic leather on the parts your body makes contact with, and art leather everywhere else.

It's really not such a big deal for most people. Friend mdsaab has given you the PETA view . Me, more pragmatic, insisted on pure leather in my Vento, but in Stanley for the grade I was looking at, the quote was over 50K, so settled on an unbranded variety for about half that price.

Incidentally, that bit about pure leather cracking in the sun or smelling bad that you're likely to hear from a lot of people is in all probability opinion unsubstantiated by any evidence. At least from personal experience, pure leather only gets softer and sweeter smelling with age. It's the rexin stuff that cracks and smells awful.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 19:37   #474
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster

Incidentally, that bit about pure leather cracking in the sun or smelling bad that you're likely to hear from a lot of people is in all probability opinion unsubstantiated by any evidence. At least from personal experience, pure leather only gets softer and sweeter smelling with age. It's the rexin stuff that cracks and smells awful.
+1 art leather and rexin cracks, leather doesn't. I have worked with leather industry for a short time and I speak from experience.

However, the cracks on our Accord 2007 model started after rigorous 3 years. Honda gets better quality Leatherette.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 19:42   #475
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Not surprised. I discovered in the hunt for my own leather seats that virtually all OEM seats are in fact leatherette or artificial ("art") leather, never the real thing. In fact what Stanley offers you for 25K or so will be "touch" leather, meaning authentic leather on the parts your body makes contact with, and art leather everywhere else.

It's really not such a big deal for most people. Friend mdsaab has given you the PETA view . Me, more pragmatic, insisted on pure leather in my Vento, but in Stanley for the grade I was looking at, the quote was over 50K, so settled on an unbranded variety for about half that price.

Incidentally, that bit about pure leather cracking in the sun or smelling bad that you're likely to hear from a lot of people is in all probability opinion unsubstantiated by any evidence. At least from personal experience, pure leather only gets softer and sweeter smelling with age. It's the rexin stuff that cracks and smells awful.
Thanks Noops.
Shall get my PETA snaps clicked soon, Nah not uploading those
A friend of mine, a leather manufacturer actually. had leather seats in his Cielo. They did crack eventually, but after many years of use.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 21:06   #476
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Thanks for talking the trouble buddy.
Yes the seats in the City are Leatherette indeed. But that's a good thing.
1. No animals were killed for our seats.
2. Leatherette is better suited to India, real leather would have a tendency to crack in our extremely hot summers.

One good thing is that Honda quality is top notch.
taking 5K away, the Seats cost 25K. Which is not cheap.
Also Stanley is one of the best if not the best manufacturer of seat covers in India. and Honda using them as OE speaks about their levels of quality.
My pleasure as always.

Honda will do the seats+doors+arm rest for 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
In fact what Stanley offers you for 25K or so will be "touch" leather, meaning authentic leather on the parts your body makes contact with, and art leather everywhere else.
This is correct as per Stanley.

Quote:
in Stanley for the grade I was looking at, the quote was over 50K, so settled on an unbranded variety for about half that price.
30K+ quoted today by them.Of course 50 is 30+

Quote:
At least from personal experience, pure leather only gets softer and sweeter smelling with age. It's the rexin stuff that cracks and smells awful.
Agree with you.But please keep silica gel in the car any way-esp during damp climates.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:54   #477
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 55
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Somehow i would recommend sticking to Caska. It's a product which has been used by quite a few on Team-BHP. and is known to work well. what is the price difference btw?
Caska had launched a new range recently. so it is highly possible the older models will be going with a discount. I remember Noopster being offered a good deal on a Caska unit.
You have spent 10L odd on the car, if you decide to go for a HU upgrade, then go for the best, you don't want to regret that later.
Having said that though, we also cannot just write of mega audio because we have not tried it out. So maybe a demo is in order. and that would give us a clearer picture and sound too. LOL!
But if it was me right now, I would plonk on the Caska. between the two.
If at all I do it, I am leaning towards a Caska - just because a lot of people have already bought it and have said good things about it including you charthom

The Mega Audio site does not have prices - so not sure about the price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@alarm68,

I happened to read a.aravind's mention of Caska on his Cruze thread- had not read any other review,when I decided on it,initially for my Etios.Well it turned out to be good.

There is nothing wrong in you being the forerunner and try out Mega audio on T-BHP!!

@mdsaab

May be Mega audio too is good! I fully agree Caska is a tested product-hence we can recommend confidently. Me too,would have preferred Caska-but other brands are worth a look at least-just in case.
I'll definitely take a look at Mega Audio too but I'm not a trailblazer so usually stick to tried and tested products - less risk
alam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:09   #478
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,188 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

charthom, I have 1.2 mm satin leather seats installed in my car. I think the 30+ quote from Stanley is for 0.9 mm classic finish, if I'm not mistaken. Do check the quality before you plonk down the money!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:28   #479
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Karlsson could be another option for leather seats. However they are in Bangalore. Is that totally out of consideration?
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:46   #480
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,188 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

^^ I had PMed the guy but he didn't reply- probably not active on the forum. Or maybe not interested LOL. The Car Cupid guy gave me a decent deal so I went with that.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore? CrAzY dRiVeR The Indian Car Scene 385 8th September 2017 12:18
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol sawnilrules Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 82 26th December 2016 16:34
How an insignificant geek fell in love with Cars... and a Hi sunson Introduce yourself 9 26th April 2008 00:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks