Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd August 2011, 15:33   #481
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
If at all I do it, I am leaning towards a Caska - just because a lot of people have already bought it and have said good things about it including you charthom
Very sensible decision. It is a style statement too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Do check the quality before you plonk down the money!
Thanks Noops- for the feed back.I already have OE leather seats-I was trying to collect info for mdsaab's door handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Karlsson could be another option for leather seats. However they are in Bangalore. Is that totally out of consideration?
Karlsson seats are very good too-I believe kirantp got a very good job done for 28000/- not full leather,though. vishnung did the same for his Etios(16000/- if remember correctly) and the results have been very good and economical.

mdsaab is skeptical about the after market jobs and Honda is not doing it. He will have to find some reliable place. Best of luck to him.

@ dot ,meanwhile please check out black coloured 3 mats on Nileshch's's thread on the blue Vento.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:37   #482
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Guys , Are you aware of the best price for side step garnish (illuminated lighting) for the front doors for Honda City. My local dealer is asking 10.5k for this. I feel this is a bit too high.
The dealer is right. I had checked with Whitefield Honda today, the price they quoted is 10,336/- , quite an expensive addon.
kap04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:17   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
The dealer is right. I had checked with Whitefield Honda today, the price they quoted is 10,336/- , quite an expensive addon.
Yes they are expensive, both they look really great. and give you a special feeling when you alight or get in the cabin. especially in the evening, late at night, or in basement parking.

If one is getting free accessories from the dealer.
Then make sure you pick the more expensive ones.
You can always add the cheaper ones later without much of a pinch to your pocket.
for eg.
Spending 4K on two small accessories pinches much less.
than spending 10K plus on one thing such as the interior side step garnish or ducktail spoiler.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:05   #484
BHPian

Friends,

A few of our friends have asked to see how beige coloured 3D mats look when soiled. Here are a few snaps that I have taken. I have attempted to compare it with the black coloured mats in my i10 for want of black 3D mats. Results are for you to observe and comment.

The driver side 3D mat got really solied during the continuous outpour the other day.

Here are a few snaps:

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-beige-soiled.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-beige-solied-2.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-beige-solied-3.jpg
Name:  beige solied 4.JPG
Views: 3961
Size:  130.2 KB

Now check out the black mat in my i10 which is dusty from regular use-but not washed in the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-black-mat1.jpg

See the beige mat which is equally dusty-not washed for last 2 weeks.It is equally dusty-but the dust does not show.
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-beige-mat-1.jpg

Now see the soiled black mat( I had to sprinkle dirt to make it dirty for demonstration purpose.) The contrast in colour makes the dirt more visible.
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-black-soiled.jpg
Name:  black soiled 2.JPG
Views: 3908
Size:  209.6 KB

See both soiled mats side by side. The loose soil removed by patting on both.
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dirty-mats-side-side.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dorty-mats-side-side-2.jpg

Now look at the car paints:

Dark clour makes the soil more visible by providing a contrast.See a patch of dirt on my black i10
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-i10-dirt.jpg

Light colour makes the soil less noticeable . See an equally dirty patch on my UT coloured City
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-city-dirt.jpg

We prefer light coloured ambience. Light colour,lot of light and air is what make us comfortable.Hence see a snap of the colour theme of our drawing room- I know it is OT-but posted here to illustrate my point. Hope alright.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-room.jpg

Similarly in my car too-I prefer beige to black- which adds lightness,brightness and space,is soothing,cheerful, and I feel, will calm our nerves. IMHO,when equally dirty,black looks dirtier-hence beige is better suited for rough use-unless you have the irresistible urge to keep beige spotlessly clean always and don't bother about black getting dirty.

We have to be hygienic- irrespective of the colour of upholstery/mats-but under desperate circumstances where you do have to sweep it under the carpet-the beige helps more than black.

Please fire away your comments.

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 16:07.
charthom is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:10   #485
Senior - BHPian

Ah, the beige definitely looks much neater despite being soiled.

Btw Charthom, does the foot slip on the beige mats when the footwear is wet? A common problem with the black mats during rains.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:16   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with libran. Beige looks much better in dirty conditions.

Thanks Charthom for the comparison
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:22   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ah, the beige definitely looks much neater despite being soiled.

Btw Charthom, does the foot slip on the beige mats when the footwear is wet? A common problem with the black mats during rains.
Libran,the texture is the same-the 3D mats-beige or black provide reasonable grip-feet generally won't slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Agree with libran. Beige looks much better in dirty conditions.
Thanks Charthom for the comparison
vb-san glad that you are convinced!!

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 16:37.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:24   #488
Team-BHP Support

Fab stuff, charthom! I am less of a biege hater now

I don't have the Kagu 3D, just the regular Vento rubber mats in beige. They clean easy but you should see the muddy footprints when I stomp in after walking in the rain (have to park in the open sometimes). Almost makes me cry!

Edit: @libran- I don't have any grip issues with my mats.

Last edited by noopster : 3rd August 2011 at 16:33.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:25   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Libran,the texture is the same-the 3D mats-beige or black provide reasonable grip-feet generally won't slip.
Does the i10 have 3D Kagu mats too?

I think you got confused; what I meant to ask was - do the feet, when wet, slip on 3D Kagu mats? They do slip on the regular (black) rubber mats.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:27   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
vb-san glad that yiou are convinced!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I was always convinced! It was Noops who forced me to think otherwise

Jokes apart, I guess its ok with the mats, but as Noops mentioned earlier, if there are fabric beige in the lower half of the doors, it will be a nightmare to clean.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:35   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Does the i10 have 3D Kagu mats too?

I think you got confused; what I meant to ask was - do the feet, when wet, slip on 3D Kagu mats? They do slip on the regular (black) rubber mats.
No Libran,the Hyundai OE mats.

3D mats offer reasonable resistance- I never encountered any problems so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I was always convinced! It was Noops who forced me to think otherwise

Jokes apart, I guess its ok with the mats, but as Noops mentioned earlier, if there are fabric beige in the lower half of the doors, it will be a nightmare to clean.
That is what I tried to illustrate with the car paint shots-vs-san.

Black and beige both are difficult to clean when really dirty. Dirt on the beige is less noticeable than black,IMHO.Any location,or material.

Quote:
Noopster, thanks- I feel great in shaking, at least partially, the rock of your firm conviction against beige mats What a great rainy evening for me!!( it has just begun to rain hard outside-I have just decided to abandoned my gym venture)

Quote:
I don't have the Kagu 3D, just the regular Vento rubber mats in beige. They clean easy but you should see the muddy footprints when I stomp in after walking in the rain (have to park in the open sometimes). Almost makes me cry!
Trust me- the black mats will actually make you cry. Go for the 3D beiges.

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 16:45.
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:56   #492
BHPian

Quote:

The driver side 3D mat got really solied during the continuous outpour the other day.

Similarly in my car too-I prefer beige to black- which adds lightness,brightness and space,is soothing,cheerful, and I feel, will calm our nerves. IMHO,when equally dirty,black looks dirtier-hence beige is better suited for rough use-unless you have the irresistible urge to keep beige spotlessly clean always and don't bother about black getting dirty.

We have to be hygienic- irrespective of the colour of upholstery/mats-but under desperate circumstances where you do have to sweep it under the carpet-the beige helps more than black.

Please fire away your comments.
Charthom, the soiled biege mats indeed look acceptable than soiled black ones.

But try putting in red mud on them. I suspect it would be worse. I live in an area where I step into the car with mud on my soles (in the monsoon). So the mats get dirty pretty fast.

Another point -- I always thought, after cleaning, some stains do stay back and the beige mats would slowly start looking dirtier by the day. Black on the other hand has not such problem. Old stains don't show up easily on black colour.

And I do agree with the hygiene part. Colour is no excuse for keeping the car dirty. But I feel over time, the light coloured mats would start looking patchy. Some stains don't go easily, no matter what you do.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:59   #493
BHPian

BTW,I had suggested Aura alloys to wingsoffires for his ANHC. When I saw RemingtonSteele's fabulous alloys on bluevolt's thread and Manspeedo's new alloys on mdsaab's thread - I just remembered them again.

Please see the 3 year old Aura alloys of my i10. Many people had commended then that these alloys looked much better than many imported brands then-and reliable. Howabout them now? I still feel Aura is a very good brand to consider for ANHC-they offer great flexibility and sizes-5.5j etc.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00583.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00584.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00585.jpg

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 17:28.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:11   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

But try putting in red mud on them. I suspect it would be worse. I live in an area where I step into the car with mud on my soles (in the monsoon). So the mats get dirty pretty fast.
Nilesh,

Yes mats get very dirty-in bad weather.Beauty is always skin deep and depends on many factors sigh!!

Quote:
Another point -- I always thought, after cleaning, some stains do stay back and the beige mats would slowly start looking dirtier by the day. Black on the other hand has not such problem. Old stains don't show up easily on black colour.
Can't agree here. Old stains don't remain on the beige ones more than black.Both will fade and may look patchy with age.

Quote:
But I feel over time, the light coloured mats would start looking patchy. Some stains don't go easily, no matter what you do.
Nilesh-this is true for any colour. We can't really opt for mat colours based on durability-only looks and practicality in use. Look wise both are same-they cater to different tastes. Convenience wise-well the beige may have a slight advantage-unless the soil too is black

Anyway these mats are new products-we don't know them enough-beige or black. Prolonged use will only prove their durability and practicality.

Mods-please pardon the back to back posts.Since this post is an explanation on a specific statement thought it is logical to keep it separate.Hope alright.

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 17:14.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:37   #495
BHPian

I got the beige ones because they made the civic feel roomier. Also, I think from a pure aesthetics perspective, the beige mats look better in the civic cabin than the black ones.
hajaar is online now   Reply With Quote