Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th August 2011, 10:01   #526
dot
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
For all city lovers, I just happened to read through GTO's post on car sales figures. The city is back in the game after price correction. So pleased to see this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-figures.html (July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures)
Interesting, shows that price-performance is still the king.

With crude prices cooling down, we hope that petrol prices will also travel southwards. In that event, City might see more sales in the future.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 11:00   #527
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

9th gen honda civic has been announced. I wonder when the next gen city will be available. I really like the arrow show design and I hope the next gen is not mere cosmetic change but also more features and standard kits. Honda atleast have realized that they need to keep competitive prices and also have diesel options. BTW, the civic will also come with diesel options I believe. If that happens to City, then I think it is going to rule the market or atleast give some stiff competition to all other cars in the C segment.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 20:29   #528
BHPian

Sorry,Mates-out of town. Hence the absence-if anyone has noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Charthom,
Nothing serious - but just popped in to say hello and also to rather belatedly congratulate you on the acquisiton.
Hi Guderian,

Thanks for stopping by and showering a few kind words.Thanks very much.Sorry for the delay in the reply. I was out of town.

Quote:
The grey colour looks marvellous on the City ! And must say that your thread is very informative and a great read indeed, besides having the Directors (of this thread), like mdsaab, come up with nifty devices like the tyre pressure gauges.
This grey colour is actually called urban titanium-it is a kind of resonance hybrid (hope you love organic chemistry) of brown, grey,silver and a few other colurs-ie. at times it looks brown,grey,silver etc.. Thanks-it is informative because of the presence of the very generous,highly spirited volunteers-all of them have been very kind to me-have kindly adopted this thread as one of their natural and homely hang-outs.They all come here so comfortably,get busy adorning the walls of the thread with their contributions- I just love my fellow BHPians- this is a great family.

Quote:
Infact after seeing the shot of the rear view camera - feel that I should be picking up one too. But too much of a hassle on the wiring etc so I know I won't on the Admiral. But then who knows !
Caska head units are coming as OE for Fortuner too- I had seen your clips of the GPS,could not read in depth as I was busy packing. Caska comes bundles with a GPS-no cutting wires,works even with the steering controls.

Quote:
Incidentally (and sorry of I have missed the fact, if already mentioned) what have you named your BoFW (Baby on Four Wheels) ?
She still remains anonymous.Have to think up some cute one.

Quote:
Will be keeping a lookout on this thread - for neat devices and ideas.
Will try hard not to disappoint you.

Quote:
May you and the family have many, many delightful miles of experience in the HC.
God Bless and Good Luck.
Thanks you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Congrats! This is a great buy. Your review and experiences are excellent and helpful to the prospective buyers.
Thanks Panko,for stopping by and commending. I am following your thread too-very inspiring one indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Only problem is that there is huge fake market of formula one products. One has to be very careful while purchasing these products.
Bluevolt,thanks for bringing this to our notice.Will be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Interesting, shows that price-performance is still the king.
With crude prices cooling down, we hope that petrol prices will also travel southwards. In that event, City might see more sales in the future.
Quote:
I really like the arrow show design and I hope the next gen is not mere cosmetic change but also more features and standard kits. Honda atleast have realized that they need to keep competitive prices and also have diesel options. BTW, the civic will also come with diesel options I believe. If that happens to City, then I think it is going to rule the market or atleast give some stiff competition to all other cars in the C segment.
@dot and sudeepg-can't agree more. A little price dip-this delicious car has again come to the top. With reduction of petrol prices,City might see more sales- but I have a doubt!

With the diesel engine,will this car retain the present character? The very good driving experience we all have now-will the diesel car retain it? Will the diesel City be another car altogether,which if all all may resemble the present one only in looks?! The personal touch will e lost then. People who get sentimentally attach themselves to the car(bluevolt- I am there with you) will find the diesel City an alien,will they?

Last edited by charthom : 7th August 2011 at 20:31.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:43   #529
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I had been to my father's place yesterday. The purpose was to visit the grave of my parents.

My father had passed away on the next day after booking the ANHC,ie. on 22nd of May. He had suffered a cerebral haemmorhage and did not survive the surgery.

Of course, I did not include it in my ownership thread since I was uncertain if it was OT.

Both the parents now in the heaven(mother died of blood cancer 3 years back), I went home to my native place to pay the routine visit to the parents' grave.

It was raining both ways(only 55 kms from Cochin),roads had been really riddled with pot holes and, worst- I had to carry my wife safely without hurting her back.

My wife was in the front passenger seat.The City did a very commendable job. There were big potholes in the middle of the road which appeared very good- prompting you to brake ubruptly. But very tolerable body roll, predictable handling,excellent brakes that are not over sensitive and good confidence inspiring acceleration and very good response from the auto 'box-that is what I experienced. Of course I handled her very softly, did not try to drive rashly ever- they car well cocooned us from the hardships of the road-my wife did not complain at all. And most importantly,the car scraped the bottom only once-in a pot hole that appeared capable of carrying you to the centre of the earth.

The overall mileage was only 10.5- I am not disappointed considering the hardship we experienced,especially on the return journey.

I have clicked a few snaps of the car in the dirty shape. But the in the snaps,it does not appear to be very dirty! Physically too she looks much cleaner than she actually is. I have to admit that Urban titanium is a colour which takes abuse better than many other colours!!

Here are the snaps!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00624.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00625.jpg

Only in this snap she appears to be dirty.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00626.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00628.jpg

The boy in the picture is my Junior!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00629.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00630.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00631.jpg

See the ORVM. Here too the dirt is visible.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00632.jpg

Please comment. Also as RemingtonSteele has volunteered,can we all post the cars in the dirty shape? although seeing RS's beauty in a dirty manner is painful.

@ Libranof1987- the 3D mats slipped only initially when damp-but then water was flowing inside the mat. Not at all uncomfortable. The mats are really worth the bucks spent,IMHO.

Last edited by charthom : 7th August 2011 at 22:50.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:00   #530
Senior - BHPian

Hi Charthom,

Felt very sad to hear this.

Your car looks very nice and I am very happy to know that you are very much satisfied from City's ride comfort.

Don't worry about the mileage, it will shoot up very soon to 14-15 mark as it crunches more miles.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:24   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

I had been to my father's place yesterday. The purpose was to visit the grave of my parents.

My father had passed away on the next day after booking the ANHC,ie. on 22nd of May. He had suffered a cerebral haemmorhage and did not survive the surgery.

Both the parents now in the heaven(mother died of blood cancer 3 years back), I went home to my native place to pay the routine visit to the parents' grave.
Charthom: I really felt sad after reading this :-(
I am sure they are resting in peace.

Quote:
It was raining both ways(only 55 kms from Cochin),roads had been really riddled with pot holes and, worst- I had to carry my wife safely without hurting her back.

My wife was in the front passenger seat.The City did a very commendable job. There were big potholes in the middle of the road which appeared very good- prompting you to brake ubruptly. But very tolerable body roll, predictable handling,excellent brakes that are not over sensitive and good confidence inspiring acceleration and very good response from the auto 'box-that is what I experienced. Of course I handled her very softly, did not try to drive rashly ever- they car well cocooned us from the hardships of the road-my wife did not complain at all. And most importantly,the car scraped the bottom only once-in a pot hole that appeared capable of carrying you to the centre of the earth.

Great job ANHC!!!

I have clicked a few snaps of the car in the dirty shape. But the in the snaps,it does not appear to be very dirty! Physically too she looks much cleaner than she actually is. I have to admit that Urban titanium is a colour which takes abuse better than many other colours!!

Truly colour UT hides the dirt & grim nicely.

Here are the snaps!!

Attachment 589789

Attachment 589790

Only in this snap she appears to be dirty.

Attachment 589791

Attachment 589792

The boy in the picture is my Junior!

Hello Junior!!!

Attachment 589793

Attachment 589794

Attachment 589795

See the ORVM. Here too the dirt is visible.

Attachment 589797

Nice snaps, I can imagine how well it would have come up if detailed nicely.

Please comment. Also as RemingtonSteele has volunteered,can we all post the cars in the dirty shape? although seeing RS's beauty in a dirty manner is painful.

Don't worry the eternal beauty looks good no matter what??
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:31   #532
BHPian

God bless, Charthom. I had a similar though not as trying a situation. Dad had his second bypass a few months back and things had been pretty gloomy since then. He had been behind me since long on getting a new car. I thought I'd cheer him up. But the delivery delays took out the wind from my plans. I got the car quite late. My dad was back in the hospital due to complications. Two surgeries can really tire the heart out. And then I had to take the delivery when he was in hospital. Just when he had given up hopes of living any longer, I decided to surprise him by showing up at the door with the car. Hence the sudden decision to drive to Mumbai. It did the trick! He did cheer up on seeing us (and the car also).
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:38   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
God bless, Charthom. I had a similar though not as trying a situation. Dad had his second bypass a few months back and things had been pretty gloomy since then. He had been behind me since long on getting a new car. I thought I'd cheer him up. But the delivery delays took out the wind from my plans. I got the car quite late. My dad was back in the hospital due to complications. Two surgeries can really tire the heart out. And then I had to take the delivery when he was in hospital. Just when he had given up hopes of living any longer, I decided to surprise him by showing up at the door with the car. Hence the sudden decision to drive to Mumbai. It did the trick! He did cheer up on seeing us (and the car also).
Nilesh,

Thanks Mate.Glad that your situation is lighter in comparison,even though very grave-by God' grace.

Sorry that you too had to go though a bad patch during the car's delivery.
And happy and relieved that your father is alright again.

After the heart surgery please be careful about "cardiac depression"- keep your father happy always-no insecurities. Your Bombay drive might have really relaxed him-a good Son

Last edited by charthom : 7th August 2011 at 23:40.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:44   #534
BHPian

sorry to hear that charthom. Hope you have come out of the sorrows and trying to move. My condolences.

Good choice of colour. When I first saw this colour, I thought it was violet, but then realised its grey. So you have a AT with paddle shift correct? try the sport mode once you settle in and do let us know the I-Vtec performance. Check the I-Vtech LED thread in tech section.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:47   #535
BHPian

Hi Charthom,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my grandmother right after we booked our first car and she was very much looking forward to it. So I can sort of relate to it. May his soul rest in peace and be happy watching you enjoy your ride.

Thank you for your trip report. My dad too has warned me from bringing the car to my hometown due to the very bad shape of roads. So I will defer taking my car until the roads are better. In Bangalore, the roads are not that bad, except for the horrible speed breakers.

It seems that the UT is a good color when it comes to maintenance. The high resolution cameras see much more and so its obviously going to capture more details. Today, I went to TD a city for my neighbor. He has been itching to book one ever since I got mine. BTW, I also saw the caska unit. The dealer quoted 65K for the whole unit, but I must admit that it looks quite OEM. Good choice there. My neighbor is going for the back, but after seeing the UT today, he seems to be tipping over to it.

The only thing I'd like to suggest to you is after the monsoon, get the car to a detailer. I was reading Ultimate Detailerz site on FB the whole day. You can see it here: Ultimate Detailerz | Facebook. I am considering taking my car there for a detailing. Home ministry is suggesting to wait for another 2 months atleast.

Today I fell for Formula 1 Shine it all cleaner. It cleans molding, rubber, vinyl, fibre glass and plastic. Costed me about 300/-. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

Now as far as the diesel city goes, I think no matter what, the tried and tested petrol VTEC will out perform it. But I think Honda has the capacity to do some magic, so you never know. However, the diesel option will definitely make it a strong competetor and also appeal to people who look at fuel costs and want a reliable car. I will refrain from commenting further until the diesel version is out and our Team BHP folks provide their review.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:54   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
9th gen honda civic has been announced. I wonder when the next gen city will be available. I really like the arrow show design and I hope the next gen is not mere cosmetic change but also more features and standard kits. Honda atleast have realized that they need to keep competitive prices and also have diesel options. BTW, the civic will also come with diesel options I believe. If that happens to City, then I think it is going to rule the market or atleast give some stiff competition to all other cars in the C segment.
I am quite sure that along with a facelift to the exteriors the facelifted ANHC will be loaded with more features too.
Especially in the wake of competition from the NFF & ANHV.

Stuff i have heard.
1. ACC
2. Sunroof.
3. Possible Touch screen with CD player.

When the diesel mills to trickle down to Honda's cars.
A lot of the disadvantage Honda has right now will vanish.
Ofcourse a lot of that depends on where Diesel will be priced in comparison to Petrol, but then that' a whole other story.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 00:11   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I am quite sure that along with a facelift to the exteriors the facelifted ANHC will be loaded with more features too.
Especially in the wake of competition from the NFF & ANHV.

Stuff i have heard.
1. ACC
2. Sunroof.
3. Possible Touch screen with CD player.

When the diesel mills to trickle down to Honda's cars.
A lot of the disadvantage Honda has right now will vanish.
Ofcourse a lot of that depends on where Diesel will be priced in comparison to Petrol, but then that' a whole other story.
Good points mdsaab. Honda has long been criticized for not providing ACC as an option. So I believe that the next gen city will mostly have that as an option. Sunroof also seems quite a possibility. I am not so sure about touch screen with cd player. They will perhaps retain the USB unit.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 01:08   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom
Well the UT seems to do great work in hiding the dirt! My Shadow Blue is not so good at this !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2440725

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

After the heart surgery please be careful about "cardiac depression"- keep your father happy always-no insecurities
Thanks. Yes always!

Last edited by nileshch : 8th August 2011 at 01:16.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 01:20   #539
Senior - BHPian

Our condolence to the grieving heart. My his soul rest in peace. You have two angles looking out for your family.

Price correction Honda has given an edge, how so, now that they can delay the facelift and plan it better. It's raining ANHC in my part of woods, every day there is a new one rolling-in in the neighborhood. V variant is the popular choice. Vento too has shown up but for every vento there is 3 city showing up. My ANHC is no more the only snow white in neighborhood but UT too has been a popular choice. But all this at the expense of civic as no new one have shown up for quite a while now. It's Passat/Vento/ANHC and Q5 ruling the roost.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 04:38   #540
dot
Senior - BHPian

Inspite of an irrecoverable and deepest of deep loss, you have been entertaining us without a falter. I can only hope that in some corner of time and space both of them is feeling proud of you.

Last edited by dot : 8th August 2011 at 04:39.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote