Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th August 2011, 05:58   #541
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Dear Friends,

I had been to my father's place yesterday. The purpose was to visit the grave of my parents.

My father had passed away on the next day after booking the ANHC,ie. on 22nd of May. He had suffered a cerebral haemmorhage and did not survive the surgery.
My deepest condolences charthom. May his soul rest in peace. Hats off to you for keeping this thread alive and working in such conditions. Just to clear off a question in your mind - We are all a family, right? Then why do you want to think twice about going off-topic and all?

By the way, good to see that the City took the abuse in her stride. Your comment about the pothole fit enough to take us to the crater had me in splits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Inspite of an irrecoverable and deepest of deep loss, you have been entertaining us without a falter.
, I was about to tell the same statement.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 08:53   #542
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Charthom: I really felt sad after reading this :-( I am sure they are resting in peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
sorry to hear that charthom. Hope you have come out of the sorrows and trying to move. My condolences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Hi Charthom,
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my grandmother right after we booked our first car and she was very much looking forward to it. So I can sort of relate to it. May his soul rest in peace and be happy watching you enjoy your ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Our condolence to the grieving heart. My his soul rest in peace. You have two angles looking out for your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Inspite of an irrecoverable and deepest of deep loss, you have been entertaining us without a falter. I can only hope that in some corner of time and space both of them is feeling proud of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
My deepest condolences charthom. May his soul rest in peace. Hats off to you for keeping this thread alive and working in such conditions. Just to clear off a question in your mind - We are all a family, right? Then why do you want to think twice about going off-topic and all?
Thanks a lot for your concern-and loving and soothing words-Mates. It has been 2.5 months of being orphaned- but the the pain is already less- as we all agree,"time is the healer and time moves on!!"

@arvi86-Mate I was only an uncertain newbie the-this thread was my first post on T-BHP. But I knew, everyone here will be like you- friendly to the core,my reason to rush to join in.

Also, as dot has correctly sighted-I am not very good at revealing my pains. Pain is only temporary-but happiness is eternal-let us embrace happiness- Honda and happiness both begin with an "H" But is Honda eternal?!- again time comes in the picture-Altaaf has already scared me with the news of closure of Peninsular Honda-so much for Honda's eternity!!

Quote:
Good choice of colour. When I first saw this colour, I thought it was violet, but then realised its grey. So you have a AT with paddle shift correct? try the sport mode once you settle in and do let us know the I-Vtec performance. Check the I-Vtech LED thread in tech section.
Thanks. As I wrote else where-UT colour looks like a 'Resonance hybrid'-a term from organic chemistry for a compound that forms different bonds at different times.Ut looks different on different occasions. Yes,thev AT has paddle shift. I used S mode once in tight city traffic- not very enjoyable to me then. Will attempt again. Are you mentioning the LED strip that runs in the dash- mdsaab has already checked out-says not very appealing.

Quote:
In Bangalore, the roads are not that bad, except for the horrible speed breakers.
In Kerala,too-generally roads are good-but too much of rains now. All the surprisingly good roads I saw in April(on returning home), are now adorned with small pools where you could go fishing!!

Quote:
The high resolution cameras see much more and so its obviously going to capture more details.
The photos have been taken with a 12.1 mpx camera! Hope that resolution is not vey low!!:-)

Quote:
BTW, I also saw the caska unit. The dealer quoted 65K for the whole unit,
At leas 12K more!! bargain,bargain.

Quote:
The only thing I'd like to suggest to you is after the monsoon, get the car to a detailer.
Thanks for the suggestion.Will definitely follow.

Quote:
Today I fell for Formula 1 Shine it all cleaner. It cleans molding, rubber, vinyl, fibre glass and plastic. Costed me about 300/-. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.
As always-waiting eagerly-Sudeep. You too are as inspired as bluevolt in maintenance-lucky us!!

Quote:
I will refrain from commenting further until the diesel version is out and our Team BHP folks provide their review.
Best strategy.

Quote:
But all this at the expense of civic as no new one have shown up for quite a while now. It's Passat/Vento/ANHC and Q5 ruling the roost.
Civic is great-but less expensive and quite good City is a pocket-friendlier choice,esp when you know that the Civic has been face-lifted and will appear at the horizon soon. If not Diesel,then good economical petrol-here City has an edge. Hope mdsaab and dot will agree to this point.

Quote:
By the way, good to see that the City took the abuse in her stride. Your comment about the pothole fit enough to take us to the crater had me in splits.
Only 3 people in the car-could be the reason for not bottoming out. Scraping too-very rare I would say,even though I am painstakingly careful at bumps and ,'craters'.

BTW,AlphaKilo and arvi86-welcome to the thread-thanks for stopping by.

Last edited by charthom : 8th August 2011 at 08:56.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 10:11   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I had been to my father's place yesterday. The purpose was to visit the grave of my parents.

My father had passed away on the next day after booking the ANHC,ie. on 22nd of May. He had suffered a cerebral haemmorhage and did not survive the surgery.
Hi charthom,
Heartfelt condolences.

Your spirit at a moment like this is commendable.
Kudos.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 11:01   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi charthom,
Heartfelt condolences.

Your spirit at a moment like this is commendable.
Kudos.
Thanks-buddy,for your consoling words.

I know I am late to catch up the latest action on Togo channel.Saw a few snaps-including the Admiral getting an enema with clinical precision. On my way,right now-but in the process,I was enchanted in the traffic by Manspeedo's new City-which looks like molten lipstick! Weak in the knees,could not resist spending some time for the beauty.

Will be there shortly-but with a mileage of only 8.5- I am afraid!!

Last edited by charthom : 8th August 2011 at 11:03.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 12:50   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Are you mentioning the LED strip that runs in the dash- mdsaab has already checked out-says not very appealing.

BTW,AlphaKilo and arvi86-welcome to the thread-thanks for stopping by.
I meant this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nda-civic.html (*Installed* : Vtec indicator in my Honda Civic)

I have been following your thread closely but silently from high above the clouds. Nice drive. Hope that AT gives you the fun you are supposed to get! Well seeing your mileage figures, and being a petrol, how are you managing your pocket?
AlphaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 13:02   #546
Senior - BHPian

Charthom bro,
Sorry to have missed your post. I had no idea. Probably because i was on the android with a slow connection.
I am really sorry to hear about your loss.
My heartfelt condolences.
I tip my hat off to you bro, you are the master!
Take care & Drive Safe!
Your parents are finally together though. and from up above smiling at their boy, proud of what you are today. We have never met in person, but still we share a great bond. such is the magic of Charthom ~ the master!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 13:15   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Charthom, thanks for sharing the reason for the trip. Memories of the personal losses will remain with us forever, but really admire the way you flipped from those thoughts continued with the details of the rain-drive.

By the way, this Urban Titanium is becoming one of my favourite shade, along with the evergreen silver
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 13:29   #548
BHPian

Friends,
I tried the all Formula 1 Shine it all on one of the wiper arms and some plastic. I applied it exactly as directed, but I am not very happy with the results. My expectations were that the finish will be restored like it rolled out from the factory or close to it, but it still left some stains behind it. Maybe it needs a coat of polish. I am going to experiment it further and post the results. For folks who wish to know what I am dealing with, here is a picture of its present state. Any suggestions are most welcome

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wiper-arm-before.jpg
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 18:42   #549
BHPian

Charthom,

My heartfelt condolences. Am sure your parents good wishes will be there for ever for you.

Nice to see that you had a good experience with the drive. Maybe you should make a trip to Bangalore sometime before you sail
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 20:22   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
I meant this:

I have been following your thread closely but silently from high above the clouds. Nice drive. Hope that AT gives you the fun you are supposed to get! Well seeing your mileage figures, and being a petrol, how are you managing your pocket?
Yes,it is dot's V-Tec indicator. Not in the present future. I am a sailor-my leave is coming to and end in another month. Will look forward to upgradations later.

Brother-my driving is very limited and restricted-hence the pinch is not obvious. I have suffered sleepless nights sharing excruciating pain( of course only morally) with my wife during her recovery from a horrible back injury- I will spend anything within my physical possibility to make her comfortable-hence low mileage is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Charthom bro,
Sorry to have missed your post. I had no idea. Probably because i was on the android with a slow connection.
I am really sorry to hear about your loss.
My heartfelt condolences.
I tip my hat off to you bro, you are the master!
Take care & Drive Safe!
Your parents are finally together though. and from up above smiling at their boy, proud of what you are today. We have never met in person, but still we share a great bond. such is the magic of Charthom ~ the master!
Thanks brother. Thanks for the kind words. Yes,we have not met together-but I am dying to. Unfortunately I have to be extremely careful about her back.She is improving still. But if you feel like coming down to Cochin,most welcome-any time. During next vacation(will be back in march) I will look forward to spreading our wings more

:On seeing all the jubiliation by T-BHP mates at Pune- I feel you all are missing my last Captain,Lalat Thatte- from Pune- now settled in Nasik. A hard core travel and auto freak-but unfortunately did not show interest in t-BHP when we spoke last.Even I was not a member then. Guess I will try to pull him in.I want him to enjoy the kick too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Charthom, thanks for sharing the reason for the trip. Memories of the personal losses will remain with us forever, but really admire the way you flipped from those thoughts continued with the details of the rain-drive.

By the way, this Urban Titanium is becoming one of my favourite shade, along with the evergreen silver
Thanks Mate.I got much more consolations now than at the time of their death.The saying is " you will always get your due- may be belated-rejoice in it" I am so grateful.

UT is quite good. It is sublime and understated-hence perfectly in synchronisation with the taste of the three of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Friends,
I tried the all Formula 1 Shine it all on one of the wiper arms and some plastic. I applied it exactly as directed, but I am not very happy with the results. My expectations were that the finish will be restored like it rolled out from the factory or close to it, but it still left some stains behind it. Maybe it needs a coat of polish. I am going to experiment it further and post the results. For folks who wish to know what I am dealing with, here is a picture of its present state. Any suggestions are most welcome

Attachment 590188
pradeepg-great innovator you are-thanks for sharing the efforts mate. I am sure you are making our lives much easiler by being the fore runner in all these
great experimental ventures.

Going by the snap,the results look ok,but you being the perfectionist that you are, I am sure,will achieve better results. Please let us know and see!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Charthom,

My heartfelt condolences. Am sure your parents good wishes will be there for ever for you.

Nice to see that you had a good experience with the drive. Maybe you should make a trip to Bangalore sometime before you sail
Thanks,brother for the kind words. I was a regular visitor to Bangalore-until recently. My sisters live there. Right now-driving to Bangalore is out of question-hope can manage during my next vacation. Nice of you to mention it.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:16   #551
BHPian

Mates,

The tyres were feeling a bit under-inflated these days.I had them topped up with N2-free of cost-not even tips. After 1.5 months,the pressure had dropped only slightly-insignificantly. In comparison to my experience with air-it is very good and reliable. mdsaab-are you listening

But while at it,I noticed that the Honda guys must have filled the front tyres only to 30 psi.Refilled the front ones to 32 and rear to 30.

I feel it is important to keep the front one to 32-not 30 all 4. Since I am a new user-I could make out the difference. So those of us who are filling 30 in all 4-please re-consider.

Could not go to get the Pete's air checkers- will soon check out.

OT:just now received Poitive's call expressing condolence on my father' s demise. Thank you friend-and all other friends-once again.

Last edited by charthom : 9th August 2011 at 21:18.
Old 9th August 2011, 22:31   #552
Senior - BHPian

I.certainly am listening.
Actually went to Aundh today, that's where the 150 for all 5 tyres guy is located.
But unfortunately did not go to thay side of Aundh.
So i am still on air! LOL!

Coming to the second part.
Why the 32~30 setup?
any particular advantage over running all on 30?
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 22:39   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I.certainly am listening.
Actually went to Aundh today, that's where the 150 for all 5 tyres guy is located.
But unfortunately did not go to thay side of Aundh.
So i am still on air! LOL!

Coming to the second part.
Why the 32~30 setup?
any particular advantage over running all on 30?
mdsaab- The engine weight is acting on the front-hence more load.So higher pressure is desirable. As you have noticed,when the car is loaded with 5 people,the pressure setting is higher. Same reason. The 32/30 setting will provide smoother ride.

BTW,fill N2 from someone closer to you even if it costs more. Because top up is generally free.Don't end up burning more fuel just to go to the N2 guys. Eventually you will find it a head ache.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 23:16   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

mdsaab- The engine weight is acting on the front-hence more load.So higher pressure is desirable. As you have noticed,when the car is loaded with 5 people,the pressure setting is higher. Same reason. The 32/30 setting will provide smoother ride.

BTW,fill N2 from someone closer to you even if it costs more. Because top up is generally free.Don't end up burning more fuel just to go to the N2 guys. Eventually you will find it a head ache.
I get your point now.
Regarding the N2.
I have just realised not too long ago that our friendly neighbourhood pump tyre pressure machine is faulty.
It actually fills up more than what is shows.
Approx 2 psi more.
this guy in Aundh has a good machine which is very accurate. But like you suggest will visit a tyre dealer closer to me. There are two i can think of right now.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 14:22   #555
BHPian

Friends,

Hope you all remember bluevolt's concern over the slight fluctuation in voltage while switching on the a/c in ANHC. I had clarified this with Honda and as per them this is normal.

I just found out the same is happening with my i10 too. Either there is something wrong with both cars or this is actually normal.How about other cars?