Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th August 2011, 10:18   #571

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Dear Charthom,

Please find my ownership thread link, its got the pics too. Do read and comment.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ing-flame.html
Neilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 10:44   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

No,Sn1p3r, I had specifically checked the other day for you.Hardly any lateral movement for the handbrake lever. Of course there is a 1 mm play-but that should be normal.

If you switch off the engine and roll the car down-will not the steering lock up? Can you do that in power steered cars? I remember to have read in my first car's manual. Have never tried nor asked anyone.
Thanks for the confirmation. The steering will lock only if the key is taken out, by incline I meant a short ramp, please try only with precaution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele

@Sn1p3r: I confirm there is hardly any lateral movement in the handbrake may be 1-2 mm when disengaged (that you if you really try to drag it in lateral directions).
If you are experiencing anything more please get it checked.
Thanks RS. Service is due by 20th, this will be one check point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
hey Sn1p3r.
Yes the handbrake does have a little play.

Yes the steering does make a little squeak noise when turned extremely slowly. Both sides, left and right at about a quarter turn. and then vanishes.

Ok great that many have felt the brake soften up, but more importantly does the RPM count go down?
Thanks for confirming, many things skip my mind as well, please dont feel sorry. Golden beauty is asking you to take her to spa soon via steering.

Yes, rpm count goes down quite a bit, these days mine reaches say 600 clicks. Quite low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian

Hi,
1. The handbrake having a little play is rather common with all new cars - which needs to be set at the first service. All my vehicles till date had this point to be taken care of at the first service.

2. Squeaking steering on slow turns ? Have them to check the power steering belt (if your babes have them - not very knowledgeable about the City variants...or any thing else in life !).
May need a very light tightening.
Thank you Guderian. My usage of hand brake is frequent, thus this was bothering me, thought the bite and hold is very good.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 11:00   #573
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Sorry what i meant is not a squeak like from the belt.
Its a very different noise.
Not anything mechanical related.
Its something to do with the just the wheel itself.
Will get it checked though at first service. Already overdue.
Ahhh...!
Check the steering wheel plastics touching the column and/or could be from the rubber of the steering link rod or the column packing (if that's the design on the City).
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 11:58   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian

Ahhh...!
Check the steering wheel plastics touching the column and/or could be from the rubber of the steering link rod or the column packing (if that's the design on the City).
Precisely. Thanks for the pointers.
I did have a simillar sound in Chicca once.
They adjusted something in the steering and it went away. And hence not too worried about it.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 18:47   #575
BHPian

@Charthom / Open to all: I am planning to go for CASKA HU for my ANHC. Would be great if you can provide me details of reliable and trusted dealer cum installer in Bangalore.

1) The correct model information that can fit into ANHC V MT
2) Would the warranty be void if I get it installed outside of Honda workshop?
3) How long will it take to complete the installation?
4) Do I have to leave the car with them for a longer period?

Appreciate your inputs and leads.

Regards,
KTP
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 19:09   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Dear Charthom,

Please find my ownership thread link, its got the pics too. Do read and comment.

@Neilroy: We cannot access your thread, probably its in the assembly line. You will need to request the mods to move this thread from assembly line to post where all can access it.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 21:58   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Dear Charthom,

@ Neilroy,

Your thread seems to be at the assembly line. Could not access. Glad that you have posted it anyway. Will wait eagerly for it to appear at the horizon.

Congrats anyway. Meanwhile,please post a teaser here-will you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
@Charthom / Open to all: I am planning to go for CASKA HU for my ANHC. Would be great if you can provide me details of reliable and trusted dealer cum installer in Bangalore.

Regards,
KTP
Hi Kirantp,where had you vanished after that trip,Mate?! I was about to PM you. Welcome back.

BTW,most of the information required is given in my ownership review. Also see page 8. Strongly suggest to fit it from Honda dealer only. You have to leave the car for one day I believe.

So,glad that you are moving the Caska way.Let us know your evaluation with photos.

Other friends-about to leave home for a small vacation to unwind. Sorry-will reply to all posts later. Request your understanding. Please wish us luck. Hope to bring back some snaps.LOL!!

Last edited by charthom : 11th August 2011 at 22:02.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 09:15   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
So,glad that you are moving the Caska way.Let us know your evaluation with photos.

Other friends-about to leave home for a small vacation to unwind. Sorry-will reply to all posts later. Request your understanding. Please wish us luck. Hope to bring back some snaps.LOL!!
Do you really have to leave the car overnight? or is it just for the whole day.
I thought it was more of a plug and play type thing, which would be fitted in two hours or so.

A small vacation, Perfect! Wishing you safe miles and a wonderful journey.
Do test out some fuel efficiency techniques. Would love to hear your findings and experience.
and eagerly awaiting your snaps.
It's God's own Country after all.
Drive Safe!
Old 12th August 2011, 09:53   #579
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
KTP
Please check with this person from Caska. He should be able to guide you.

Prashanth G S | Area Sales Manager (Karnataka) | Auto Trendz | Bangalore [India] |
M: +91 9900885608 | W: Caska / Steelmate - Home |
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 10:17   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kirantp,where had you vanished after that trip,Mate?! I was about to PM you. Welcome back.

BTW,most of the information required is given in my ownership review. Also see page 8. Strongly suggest to fit it from Honda dealer only. You have to leave the car for one day I believe.

@Charthom: I am very much alive only that I was into too many things on the work front.
I knew about your writeup on CASKA but couldn't get to it even after giving a search on CASKA . Hence thought best to approach the origin of the writeup . Thanks for responding mate. I surely will dig into page#8 to grab as much info as I can.

Good to hear on your vacation and wish you a safe and pleasant journey.

Kiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Please check with this person from Caska. He should be able to guide you.

Prashanth G S | Area Sales Manager (Karnataka) | Auto Trendz | Bangalore [India] |
M: +91 9900885608 | W: Caska / Steelmate - Home |
@prabhuferrari: Thanks a lot for the lead. Will connect with this person and get back to you If I need anything more.

Kiran
Old 12th August 2011, 18:49   #581
BHPian

Quote:

@Charthom and Friends: Glad to share that I have finally got the CASKA HU installed in my ANHC half an hour ago. Yet to play around with after which I can post more details on it. So stay tuned folks..
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 22:07   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Charthom and Friends: Glad to share that I have finally got the CASKA HU installed in my ANHC half an hour ago. Yet to play around with after which I can post more details on it. So stay tuned folks..
WOW!
That was real fast.
So how long did the installation take?
From Honda or outside?
What maps did you get with the HU?
Look forward to a review from you.
Enjoy your Caska, it's an awesome thing to have in the car.
Drive Safe!
Old 13th August 2011, 00:10   #583

@kirantp

I got the CASKA HU installed on my '09 ANHC a couple of days ago and was wondering if you've figured out a couple of things i haven't managed to.

1. In the manual it says there is a "backlight" button in the sys settings from which you can change the colour of the buttons and backgrounds.This feature seems to be missing in my system,do you have it in yours?
2. How does one fast forward and rewind songs while they are playing in any mode!?It is ridiculous that the ability to do this is missing !

Finally,how much did you pay for the whole thing.I got it done from a friend's car store in Bombay and HE CLAIMS to have given me a good deal.I paid 41.5k including installation which seems a little steep considering what you get.I mean touch screen technology has come so far when you look at tablets and phones today,yet the interface and responsiveness on this seems a little shoddy.
cornkracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 14:46   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornkracker View Post
@kirantp

I got the CASKA HU installed on my '09 ANHC a couple of days ago and was wondering if you've figured out a couple of things i haven't managed to.

1. In the manual it says there is a "backlight" button in the sys settings from which you can change the colour of the buttons and backgrounds.This feature seems to be missing in my system,do you have it in yours?
2. How does one fast forward and rewind songs while they are playing in any mode!?It is ridiculous that the ability to do this is missing !

Finally,how much did you pay for the whole thing.I got it done from a friend's car store in Bombay and HE CLAIMS to have given me a good deal.I paid 41.5k including installation which seems a little steep considering what you get.I mean touch screen technology has come so far when you look at tablets and phones today,yet the interface and responsiveness on this seems a little shoddy.
@cornkracker: Here are my comments:
1) Manual says this feature is model specific. Guess the models that both of us have do not support this feature (My Caska Model#: IN3631G).

2) You have to touch the screen on any of the sides and hold it for 2-3 secs. This will take to the audio controls screen that has all the buttons for FF, FR, Skip etc as shown in the pic below:

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img_0721.jpg

3) The base model with MapMyIndia navigator is 47K. I got Reverse camera with sensor installed with an additional 8K. Total came to 55K including taxes. I have not faced any issues with the integration and touch screen effects so far and I am pretty comfortable using it. Will surely keep you updated incase I bump (I hope not ) into such issues

Hope this helps. Will write more about it soon.

Last edited by kirantp : 13th August 2011 at 14:50.
Old 13th August 2011, 15:35   #585
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my dad's ANHC, which is still under warranty has an issue with the tail lamps. After the recent monsoon, we started noticing that water gets collected inside the bottom part of the tail lamps ( where the reflector, indicator and the reverse lights are placed). Will this be fixed at the service centre for free or will I get free replacement of the rear right tail lamp alone ? Will that be covered under warranty? Please give in your inputs :(
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote