Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th August 2011, 20:20   #616
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Welcome back mate. I will be going for the 3D Kagu shortly. And yes, am eagerly awaiting your post and pics of your recent vacation.

Cheers :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Can't wait for the Pics.
And 15.9kmpl is fantastic buddy. Welcome to the club. How were the road conditions?

Thank you dear friends,

Sorry for the absence and silence- and for keeping you all waiting.A few after vacation engagements kept me busy.

I will post my travelogue shortly-but here is a brief account with a few relevant snaps.

4 days holiday for the child- so we decided to go on a vacation reluctantly and uncertainly. My last moment call was answered by A Kollam based Resort on the ashtamudi back waters. 2 nights and 3 days were available at
"Aquaserene"-we grabbed it and decided to visit my in-laws on the way back

The beginning
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-beginning.jpg

The resort is roughly 150 km from Cochin-we started at 0700 hrs,check in being 0900 hrs.We expeced to reach there by around 1000 hrs driving leisurely.

The road became reasonable immediately after leaving Cochin and on the NH47 it was quite good. Practising mdsaab's technique and no traffic saw the FE climbing to 14 for the first time!! At about 60 kph.

The drive was very pleasing as the roads proved to be very good.Occasional rough patched did not unsettle the car.Well planted stride,very good road manners took away the stress completely.

The Caska GPS proved very useful-I was relying on the GPS for the first time.

Caska navigating-the glare is only when viewed from rear seat. valiant attempt on the move by junior.
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-caska-navigating.jpg

About 0930 we decided to break-fast at a comfortable restaurant after Haripad. I put on the right indicator,slowed down the car and on an almost deserted road paused for a moment before turning the car to the right.

Suddenly I felt a shock and a loud thud. Someone had rear ended us violently! On an almost empty road!! I rushed out and found a lady of about 53 years and her scooter lying on the floor- on an empty road where one had all the space and time for manoeuvring, she rode almost 40 metres straight and hit me sqarely in the middle of the bumper,missing the rear view camera only by about 3 inches!!

Violated and indignant!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-violated-indignant.jpg

As the regular practice in Kerala goes-on lookers came rushing from all the sides and angles with expert opinions. But here nobody could deny the fact that I had fully complied with the traffic rules(like a true BHPian) and it was the total mistake of the mad biker woman!! We suffered minor but significant damages to the car's rear( see the snaps). But she suffered a lot of damage to the scooter.The car after all proved to be strong too!!

Shaken thoroughly, we abandoned breakfast intentions and drove on. After half an hour, with nerves cooled down sufficiently-we had our breakfast at another hotel.It was almost 1100 by then. We drove on after breakfast,it began raining,then I suddenly realized that our boot lid had opened up. The boot would not close.In pouring rain,the junior and myself struggled to close the boot frantically, and at one point it closed. I immediately called Honda helpline who suggested that I call Peninsular Honda Kollam after reaching the resort. Meanwhile concerned calls began pouring in from the resort,who were shocked at the happenings too.

the GPS was God sent,it navigated us through the small and complicated but ok-condition roads to the resort.

We reached the resort at 01:00 pm,our expedition filled with adrenalin and brimming with thrills. The Honda technician arrived in about an hour and re-adjusted the boot lock-the problem was solved. We were sad and disappointed about the damage-but dropped the gloom and embraced the vacation.

Aquaserene Entrance
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-aquasserenne-entrance.jpg

The next 1.5 days were pure bliss-excellent experience. We sat in front of cottage and enjoyed a great view of the back waters,walked around unwinding, had a boat ride enjoyed very good food, slept tight-a very worthwhile time spent-only regret-at 15000/- for 3 days and 2 nights it is not cheap.

A few snaps inside the Resort

The cottage where we stayed
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-cottage.jpg

Junior got busy gaming right away!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-junior-busy-gaming-parlour-cottage.jpg

A view of the backwaters in the dusk
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-another-view-back-waters-dusk.jpg

Future coconut citizesns in the making
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-future-coconuts-making.jpg

Judge who is bright enough to be on Team-BHP! I just got lucky!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-judge-who-deserves-tbhp.jpg

A country boat being rowed
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-rowing-boat.jpg

Oops! this is the view from the toilet
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-oopsthis-view-toilet.jpg

My wife enjoying her first vacation after the back injury-a quantum leap for her!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-my-wife-enjoying-her-first-vacation-after-injury-quantum-leap-her..jpg

Junior-mdsaab style
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-juniormdsaab-style.jpg

Myself-bewildered but satisfied with the existence
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-myselfbewildered-satisfied-existence..jpg

Well,he seems to know how to take a snap after all
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wellyeshe-seems-know-how-take-snap-after-all.jpg

The car-injured,sad and lonely
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-injuredsad-lonely.jpg

Junior-the wannabe BHPian in action
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-juniorthe-aspirant-future-bhpian-busy-action.jpg

The swimming pool
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-swimming-pool.jpg

The boat ride was a bliss
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-boat-ride-bliss.jpg

Existence-God's gift!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-existencegods-gift.jpg

We left the resort with very good memories. Next stop was my in-law’s place. My wife was visiting her house after 1.5 years!! I utilized the stay top click a few snaps of the UT Beauty . You may judge them for yourself.

They drive back home was very good. The roads were very good-but had too many bends. So I could not drive continuously at a higher speed. Also noticed that the MapmyIndia had a few inaccuracies.

The city parked at a distance
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-city-parked-distance.jpg

At 35 feet-the tallest shiva Statue in Kerala-in front of Shivapriya hospital
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-35-feetthe-tallest-shiva-statue-kerala-front-shivapriya-ayurvedic-hospital.jpg

The hapless nymph-resting for a while
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-nymph3.jpg

Hey,Remi-stop!! No,no-no ducktail!!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-heyremistop-nonono-ducktail..jpg

We arrived home by about 6 pm on 15th. Refreshed and not at all exhausted.
My wife is very much alright after the expedition-no back pains.

The independence day rally going on in Cochin-junior managed a few quick snaps
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-independence-rally1.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-independence-rally2.jpg

I took the car to Honda A.S.S. yesterday. She is already back with me after the bumper job! Vey fast and efficient work!!

Friends-more snaps and news in the next post. Please bear with me and stay tuned. Thank you for your patience.

Love,charthom.

Mods-hope this is not OT here. I will post a full travelogue under the relevant section.

Last edited by charthom : 17th August 2011 at 20:41.
charthom is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 21:03   #617
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Thank you dear friends,

Sorry for the absence and silence- and for keeping you all waiting.A few after vacation engagements kept me busy. - Great pics charthom and good to have you back. Vacation does wonders to recharge batteries I'm sure

Practising mdsaab's technique and no traffic saw the FE climbing to 14 for the first time!! At about 60 kph. - mdsaab should be appointed official liaison for honda. ARAI could well certify honda a 20kmpl car.

junior and myself struggled to close the boot frantically, and at one point it closed. - from the pics the damage seems to have happened on the rear bumper. wonder why you had trouble closing the boot?

Also noticed that the MapmyIndia had a few inaccuracies. - can you elaborate a bit charthom. MapmyIndia is no1 on my shopping list now that I too have bitten by the H bug.
Great pics charthom. Looking forward to reading your travelogue. Replies in bold.
arup.misra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 21:05   #618
Senior - BHPian

Charthom buddy what to say.
Your travelogue has it all.
From the early morning start with a review of the caska screen and GPS.
To the very unfortunate incident. I am glad that it is now rectified.
I know the feeling, especially when Chicca was rear ended. You feel so helpless as there was not much you can do.
The Resort looks stunning, makes me want to come down to Kerala real soon.
It was also nice to hear that the folks at the hotel were concerned too.
and that the Honda assistance came down to the Hotel in time to assist you. Some of the few benefits of owning a Honda then.
I also loved the Pics.
Especially the one of junior clicked mdsaab style. Thanks.
and the pics of the UT beauty too look fantastic.
So did they replace the whole bumper under insurance? i do hope you have 0% dep.
or did they fix it up and re-paint it?
Drive Safe! I know you do.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 21:49   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Great pics charthom. Looking forward to reading your travelogue. Replies in bold.
@Arup,thanks buddy.

mdsaab style driving brought me an overall figure of 15.9 kpl until we got rear ended. After numerous adventures(a modern Odysseus in a Honda) when I returned- I had an average of 13.2 kpl.

The boot was alright immediately after the rear ending. we stopped for breakfast where I opened the boot for something. The lid had suffeed mis-alignment. I did not notice it and drove off. After a few minutes,I noticed "the door open" indication and stopped the car. To my horror,the boot was wide open!! while I was struggling with it,it started raining badly. I attempted many times,got lucky once,it closed. I had the lock re-aligned by the Honda technician and it finally closed for good.

MapmyIndia is fantastic. The inaccuracies pointed out by me are not very significant. It kept on giving the wrong command during some roads between Aleppey and Cochin,like"Turn right" where there is no road at all!! No one will obviously turn right,but it is a flaw in the program.

Quote:
Charthom buddy what to say.
Your travelogue has it all.
From the early morning start with a review of the caska screen and GPS.
To the very unfortunate incident. I am glad that it is now rectified.
I know the feeling, especially when Chicca was rear ended. You feel so helpless as there was not much you can do.
The Resort looks stunning, makes me want to come down to Kerala real soon.
It was also nice to hear that the folks at the hotel were concerned too.
and that the Honda assistance came down to the Hotel in time to assist you. Some of the few benefits of owning a Honda then.
I also loved the Pics.
Especially the one of junior clicked mdsaab style. Thanks.
and the pics of the UT beauty too look fantastic.
So did they replace the whole bumper under insurance? i do hope you have 0% dep.
or did they fix it up and re-paint it?
Drive Safe! I know you do.
mdsaab-thanks for the lightning response! You have possessed the Team BHP like a devil,for want of better words!!

1. The mishap was done away with surprising speed. I presented the car yesterday and the returned it today!! No expenses. The bumper was repaired,not replaced.Replacement would have cost me 50% of the price.It was not badly damaged,only a mild dent and paint damage. Mine is not 0 % depreciation policy-I did not have any ideas then. Now I know-so next renewal I can opt for 0%-right??

2.I felt totally at loss. But surprisingly the mob appreciated the systematic,tidy driving habits I exhibited-credit to Team-BHP.

3. The resort was very good. I will soon post a detalied write up with more photos. It is not that cheap,though.The resort staff was so concerned,they provided me with a covered parking to protect my boot from getting wet. Honda guys came within an hour-very good,responsible service-really impressed.

4.Surprisingly, there are many roads which are absolutely joyful to drive. In crowded towns and remote parts, the roads were not very good. But generally the mile deep craters exist in the proximity of the towns.

5. You all are household names for my family. My son is so inspired that he wants to learn driving now!!

6. Welcome to Kerala,Mate!! My only regret is I will sail by mid Sept.Still we will managed to meet in the near future for sure.

7.I drive not only safe but totally defensive,now. Still not recovered completely.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 22:25   #620
dot
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures, charthom. I remember the resort, we saw it from a houseboat last Dec. City also looks super around the vibrant greens.

Sad to hear about the silly incident. Hopefully it is over. Once something similar happened to me very near Cherai beach many years back. No damage to my amby and nothing happened to the scooter and its rider. I thought incident was over till after a few months the scooter fellow traced home's phone number and started harassing. Dont ask me how it was done, maybe he found the phone number from the car's registration number or something. No idea how jobless people can be. Anyways after a couple of calls, the fellow also got tired and stopped calling.

Regarding the lid another story comes to my mind. Couple of years back one Indica taxi rear-ended our old Ikon when we were waiting at a signal. There were no visible damage, not even a dent, thankfully. However, later when I opened the trunk lid, it would not shut back. Had to go to Ford where they re-aligned the lock. But it was not perfect as the trunk lid would not freely shut, one had to push it hard.

Then I read Benbsb29's DIY about installing a remote boot lid opening cable; the Ikon does not come with such a modern feature you see. Followed it with my DIY where the lock had to be taken out to attach the cable. When inserting it back, somehow the alignment was sweeter and the trunk lid would freely shut henceforth. What a relief. Actually a double relief as the remote boot lid opener also was a real life saver.

BTW, why am I telling stories?

Last edited by dot : 17th August 2011 at 22:27.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 00:34   #621
BHPian

Hey buddy,
Nice travelogue, the resort looks fantastic. You are "the man" which I will be contacting in my next soon coming Kerala trip.

Sorry to hear about the rear ending but relieved to hear that it has been taken care off.
Please post the pics after the job was done, I hope the lady too was OK after the accident.

BTW 0 depreciation is very much a MUST MUST but with TATA AIG 0 dep you can only claim 0 dep facility twice in one insurance year. The first 2 reports towards insurance claim are by default 0 dep claim unless you carry on with repair job without part replace in that case you NCB still remains valid. Honda assure 0 depreciation as unlimited claims but its way too expensive 2nd year onwards.

Anyway drive safe and look forward to lot more pics and strings of posts from you.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th August 2011 at 00:45.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 07:37   #622
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures and a crisp travelogue charthom. The resort and the backdrop looks fabulous. Good to hear that your mistress had a much-deserved vacation after a long gap.

Sorry about the rear-ending incident though. I know hot it feels because I experienced the same thing in a Chennai suburb a couple of weeks back. I almost wanted to go and slap the lady in the Scooty who did that and started shouting at me for no mistake of mine. But luckily, the damage was not as pronounced as it is for you.

Glad that the folks at Honda reached the resort on time to rectify your problem. Speak of good service and customer response and Honda is surely there, right on top.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 08:27   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Lovely pictures, charthom. I remember the resort, we saw it from a houseboat last Dec. City also looks super around the vibrant greens.

Sad to hear about the silly incident. Hopefully it is over. Once something similar happened to me very near Cherai beach many years back. No damage to my amby and nothing happened to the scooter and its rider. I thought incident was over till after a few months the scooter fellow traced home's phone number and started harassing. Dont ask me how it was done, maybe he found the phone number from the car's registration number or something. No idea how jobless people can be. Anyways after a couple of calls, the fellow also got tired and stopped calling.

Regarding the lid another story comes to my mind.

BTW, why am I telling stories?
Hi,dot,

Welcome back to our homeland. Hope your stay at the America had been amusing-save for the loneliness factor.

Nice that you too are familiar with the Kerala places. Next time in Cochin,we must meet please.

And sorry that you too had a bad experience of rear ending. Worst the fellow began harrasing you. Glad it is over.

Well,stories are always simpler ways to learn great truths,mate. Tell us in plenty-and don't feel guilty.

BTW,I had managed to trace the wipe cloth I told you about at my father in law's place.Please see the snaps.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-pva-cloth.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-pva-cloth2.jpg

Super useful for wiping the cars. hope you managed to buy a similar one. I have not seen them here. If you know any place please tell me.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 08:54   #624
BHPian

@charthom

Welcome back! and many thanks for the pictures and the details! I am very pleased to hear about the condition of the roads, stay and your experience with the car and the maps. I am sorry to hear about the silly accident for no fault of yours. Wonder what the lady was doing! Did you not spot her at all in the rear view mirrors or was she in a blind spot? I guess no matter how much we are careful, things like these do happen. So this wipe cloth, have you had a chance to use it? I'd like to hear about it when you get time.

My car is up for detailing this weekend with the UD guys... I just hope it does not rain like crazy in Bangalore, otherwise all of the work will go down the drain.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 09:20   #625
Senior - BHPian

In Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
The boot was alright immediately after the rear ending. we stopped for breakfast where I opened the boot for something. The lid had suffeed mis-alignment. I did not notice it and drove off. After a few minutes,I noticed "the door open" indication and stopped the car. To my horror,the boot was wide open!! while I was struggling with it,it started raining badly. I attempted many times,got lucky once,it closed. I had the lock re-aligned by the Honda technician and it finally closed for good.
The same had happened with Chicca, immediately after the accident the boot was still shut. I opened it to get an umbrella out as it was raining at the time. and once i opened the boot. It would not shut again. So i had to empty the whole contents of the boot and put in in the car.

MapmyIndia is fantastic. The inaccuracies pointed out by me are not very significant. It kept on giving the wrong command during some roads between Aleppey and Cochin,like"Turn right" where there is no road at all!! No one will obviously turn right,but it is a flaw in the program.
Yes this does happen at times, you will get use to it.
I follow my natural instincts first and rely on the GPS secondary. This helps most of the times. But when you do not know the road at all you kind of solely depend on the GPS.

mdsaab-thanks for the lightning response! You have possessed the Team BHP like a devil,for want of better words!!
I shall take that as a compliment
Maybe i am the Devil in Disguise!
Hey but then i would be promoting rash driving etc.
1. The mishap was done away with surprising speed. I presented the car yesterday and the returned it today!! No expenses. The bumper was repaired,not replaced.Replacement would have cost me 50% of the price.It was not badly damaged,only a mild dent and paint damage. Mine is not 0 % depreciation policy-I did not have any ideas then. Now I know-so next renewal I can opt for 0%-right??
Honda Service experience for me has mostly always been good, i am glad that you too have received excellent service. Yes next renewal you can opt for 0% depreciation. It should cost anywhere between 3-5K. Depending on your insurer and policy.
2.I felt totally at loss. But surprisingly the mob appreciated the systematic,tidy driving habits I exhibited-credit to Team-BHP.
Kudos to Team-BHP. There will be a time real soon, where folks seeing the sticker on your vehicle, Will know they are sharing the road with a responsible safe driver.
3. The resort was very good. I will soon post a detalied write up with more photos. It is not that cheap,though.The resort staff was so concerned,they provided me with a covered parking to protect my boot from getting wet. Honda guys came within an hour-very good,responsible service-really impressed.
That was really sweet of them. I am certainly going to visit this place on our next Kerala trip.
4.Surprisingly, there are many roads which are absolutely joyful to drive. In crowded towns and remote parts, the roads were not very good. But generally the mile deep craters exist in the proximity of the towns.
Nothing like some creamy smooth tarmac of the open road to exploit the IVTEC, or just cruise along an appreciate the natural surroundings, especially in God's own Country.
5. You all are household names for my family. My son is so inspired that he wants to learn driving now!!
I am absolutely flattered. With such an excellent guide like Team-BHP. Your son is in the very best of hands. I look forward to welcoming this young new tribe who will help promote safe driving on our roads.
6. Welcome to Kerala,Mate!! My only regret is I will sail by mid Sept.Still we will managed to meet in the near future for sure.
We shall meet sometime soon, who knows maybe in Kerala or maybe even here in Pune.
7.I drive not only safe but totally defensive,now. Still not recovered completely.
Yes it does take some time. I had gotten so paranoid that i use to look at the rear view mirror everytime i would stop at a signal. Only taking my eyes off the mirror once the vehicle behind me came to a halt.
But with time everything heals they say.
So now thankfully this nervousness has gone, and i am back to enjoying the pleasures of driving once more.
Wishing you a speedy recovery to driving blissville!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 09:50   #626
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident, it's so annoying to see the beauty hit when there is no mistake of ours.

I was in heavy bumper to bumper traffic, any time in such a traffic I keep looking at rear as Iam pretty sure one or the other moron would loose temper and do something wrong, it happened

A decent auto (very rare to find auto driver maintaining safe distance from ride infront, else they are almost stuck to your tail) was forced to drag when a bus driver lost his temper in such a slow moving traffic is he started changing the lane from right to extreme left, he had no space, and his wheel got the auto crash guard and auto came and rear ended my car, I was totally pissed off by this, but can't do anything rather than spoiling my mood with an argument with bus wala decided to move on. There's still a lot to be learn by many on the road, they just know how to move the vehicle without caring for anything or anyone.

Nice trip and a break. Pics looks great.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 09:59   #627
BHPian

Quote:
In Bold

Yes it does take some time. I had gotten so paranoid that i use to look at the rear view mirror everytime i would stop at a signal. Only taking my eyes off the mirror once the vehicle behind me came to a halt.
But with time everything heals they say.
So now thankfully this nervousness has gone, and i am back to enjoying the pleasures of driving once more.
Wishing you a speedy recovery to driving blissville!
Interesting! I look at the rear view mirrors too every time I stop at a signal until the car behind safely comes to a halt. I am so used to using all the mirrors that I am not comfortable driving without them. I have to use them for reverse parking too. The mirrors have helped me avoid scratching the allows on foot paths. Some of my friends, cousins and dad are not at all used to using rear view mirrors for parking. Somehow they just cannot judge where the car is going by using the mirrors. I guess the camera might help them. Do you know if using sensors on the side are of any use? In my apartment, I have 3 pillars to factor in when parking, so I am wondering if the side sensors might help. My reverse parking sensor does not pickup some objects unless they are of certain height and width.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 10:05   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Sorry to hear about the incident, it's so annoying to see the beauty hit when there is no mistake of ours.

I was in heavy bumper to bumper traffic, any time in such a traffic I keep looking at rear as Iam pretty sure one or the other moron would loose temper and do something wrong, it happened

A decent auto (very rare to find auto driver maintaining safe distance from ride infront, else they are almost stuck to your tail) was forced to drag when a bus driver lost his temper in such a slow moving traffic is he started changing the lane from right to extreme left, he had no space, and his wheel got the auto crash guard and auto came and rear ended my car, I was totally pissed off by this, but can't do anything rather than spoiling my mood with an argument with bus wala decided to move on. There's still a lot to be learn by many on the road, they just know how to move the vehicle without caring for anything or anyone.

Nice trip and a break. Pics looks great.
I guess you are talking about a BMTC driver? I agree they are mad morons on bangalore roads who will never pass a driving test or understand the rules of safe driving. Agree that autos and 2 wheelers are on our tail all the time. I hate the 2 wheelers when they try to navigate in the teeny tiny space when they hardly go more than a few inches in the thick traffic. What annoys me the most is that most times the pillion rider's leg or the carry case will touch the body of the car when he is navigating. It's really irritating when they try and do that. This is one reason why I got new horns for the car. The stock ones are not that loud.

The best thing to do is not to give them space at all or give them enough space to move forward. It has worked well for me so far.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 11:00   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg

Interesting! I look at the rear view mirrors too every time I stop at a signal until the car behind safely comes to a halt. I am so used to using all the mirrors that I am not comfortable driving without them. I have to use them for reverse parking too. The mirrors have helped me avoid scratching the allows on foot paths. Some of my friends, cousins and dad are not at all used to using rear view mirrors for parking. Somehow they just cannot judge where the car is going by using the mirrors. I guess the camera might help them. Do you know if using sensors on the side are of any use? In my apartment, I have 3 pillars to factor in when parking, so I am wondering if the side sensors might help. My reverse parking sensor does not pickup some objects unless they are of certain height and width.
I am guessing that side sensors would help. But where exactly would you place them?
i have absolutely zilch experience with sensors or cameras.
I feel even the scope of vision of the camera will be limited to the rear and hence will not help on the sides as much.
I read of one of the three German giants. Having a system where you get a camera view of the rear as well as sides from atop. That was a pretty neat feature. But not sure if it can be fitted on our mortal rides.
I judaciously use the mirrors while parking, changing lanes, making turns, and even at times when halting at a traffic light.
One thing which i do when parking alongside a curb is scroll the rear view mirror down. It helps get a better view of the distance from the curb.
Again i think this feature is standard on some BMW's which make the tilt automatically. Great stuff that.
Lots of fun sharing driving tips with you.
When you discuss stuff like this off the forum.
Most folks either give you a blank look or nod their head in agreement.
Halt~Drive~Park Safe!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 11:59   #630
BHPian

Quote:
3D kagu mats for the ANHC will be from 4.5 to 5K depending on the dealer and ofcourse your relationship with him.

Regarding leather seats. Ask at the dealers if they can do a exclusive type fitment. The Honda OEM is stanley. Opt for Leatherette it's cheaper and better suited to Indian conditions.
Thank you so much Sir.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote