Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th August 2011, 13:10   #631
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Superb discussion going on here. I too owned a Honda City (VMT), iVTEC, going to be one year next year.

1. I might have missed - Any dealer of 3D KAju Mat in Mumbai please let me know and the prices?
2. Planning for a leather seat cover-Should i go for Stanley or should i get fitted from Honda dealer.
Hi subrata,

Thanks for visiting my thread.I know mdsaab has already replied to this query-I just wanted add a little more. I had been away for a while,so could not reply in time.

1. Mumbai distributor for 3D mats-Autosmart agencies 022-23824951/09323124951. Price:Sticker price is 4500/- Depending on the dealer-4250-5000( I got for 4250). But the mats should be available at your local shop/they will procure it for you.

2. Stanley is claiming very good service-starts at 30,000/- plus for seats,front arm rest and door claddings. Honda is offering Stanley job for the same at 25,000/- but it may be leatherette. Visit both places and decide for yourself.

Last edited by charthom : 18th August 2011 at 13:25.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 13:45   #632
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Guys,

Please see a few more pictures of the car at the resort and on road.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-front-resort.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-front-resort2.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-resort-front3.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-resort-front-4.jpg

We halted for a while at an interesting location on the Punalur-Anchal road. It is my wife's native place. We had been on our way to visit my in-laws,after unwinding at the resort.

Punalur anchal road
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-punaluranchal-road.jpg
Another view of the road
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-punaluranchal-road2.jpg
The UT Beauty relaxing for a while
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-nymph-again.jpg
The City answering the nature's call!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-city-answering-call-wild.jpg
This road has been a joy always!!
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-road-has-been-joy-always.jpg
Rubber trees form a natural arch above the stream
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-rubber-trees-form-natural-arch-above-stream.jpg

Hope you found them interesting. I will post a few more soon.Judge for yourself.

Last edited by charthom : 18th August 2011 at 13:48.
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 14:33   #633
BHPian

Superb pictures. Awesome.

Thanks for the reply Sir.

Any idea bout Stanley contact in Mumbai please?
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 15:01   #634
BHPian

Charthom,

Excellent pictures and nice write up. Nice to see you as well. Dont get me wrong. You look far younger than your posts. Maybe its to do with the poor standard of English these days. So its more of a compliment to you.

Sad to hear about the incident. But good that its rectified now.

When you sail this time, you will start missing the beauty(also) a lot I suppose. How long will you be away?
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 17:27   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Superb pictures. Awesome.

Thanks for the reply Sir.

Any idea bout Stanley contact in Mumbai please?
@Subrat,

Thanks mate.
Stanley-
Andheri-28371717/9870088249
Worli- 67363676/67363858

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Charthom,

Excellent pictures and nice write up. Nice to see you as well. Dont get me wrong. You look far younger than your posts. Maybe its to do with the poor standard of English these days. So its more of a compliment to you.

Sad to hear about the incident. But good that its rectified now.

When you sail this time, you will start missing the beauty(also) a lot I suppose. How long will you be away?
Hey Prabhu-thanks Friend,for the compliments!! But do I write like an old fart I thought I looked older than I actually am!!

Leaving home is always painful-you will never get used to it. In this matter,my age is only about 2- I always remain home sick. I will be gone for about 6 months.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:34   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Charthom, thanks for sharing the travelogue. I have lived in Kerala for the first 23 years of my life, and never got to see such lovely places

Note: I am getting more and more impressed with the Urban Titanium shade!
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 18:21   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@Arup,thanks buddy.

mdsaab style driving brought me an overall figure of 15.9 kpl until we got rear ended. After numerous adventures(a modern Odysseus in a Honda) when I returned- I had an average of 13.2 kpl.
Welcome back mate. Glad to see your crisp and quick updates on your vacation.

Hey I am really getting curious on the mdsaab technique to pep up the mileage. Can you or mdsaab or any of our friends lead me into this stuff so that I can leverage it for my upcoming vacation to Chikamagalur in 1st week of Sep?
Appreciate your response and looking forward to your travelogue.

Cheers
KTP
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 18:44   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I can now dust the whole car in under 10 minutes and it is really very convenient. Perfect for a quick clean up. The duster is made of microfibre and has a sort of wax coat to kind of "absorb" the dust. One wipe and you can see that it leaves almost no streaks across. Loving it now. Here's a picture.

Attachment 593007
Thanks for the picture-Sudeep.Will it leave any scoring marks on the paint? Will it remove muddy stains or only dust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Here you go. The GPS antenna is installed on the front left corner of the Dash as shown in the pic below. Let me know if this is the ideal position based on your experience and suggest if otherwise so that I can go back to my dealer to fix it.
Kiran,

You already have reverse sensors on your rear bumper. Where have you placed your rear camera?

Regarding the antenna- the better position is the left top corner of the wind shield. I will soon post a snap of my antenna position. Have not read your review of MMI,yet. will do so in the earliest.

Edit:Just saw your other post. Can you check out mdsaab's thread. He has very systematically and meticulously penned down the laws of "ecodrivitics" like the laws of robotics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

IMHO an internal antenna has to be placed at the front windscreen, so it can get a clear view of the sky. Giving you a better and quicker satellite lock.
mdsaab,you are spot on as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
You are "the man" which I will be contacting in my next soon coming Kerala trip.

Sorry to hear about the rear ending but relieved to hear that it has been taken care off.
Please post the pics after the job was done, I hope the lady too was OK after the accident.

BTW 0 depreciation is very much a MUST MUST but with TATA AIG 0 dep you can only claim 0 dep facility twice in one insurance year. The first 2 reports towards insurance claim are by default 0 dep claim unless you carry on with repair job without part replace in that case you NCB still remains valid. Honda assure 0 depreciation as unlimited claims but its way too expensive 2nd year onwards.

Anyway drive safe and look forward to lot more pics and strings of posts from you.
Thanks mate.Any time, any help required.You are most welcome.

Sorry I forgot to post post job snaps. Will do so tomorrow.

The lady of the house was quite ok.She enjoyed the entire trip. Only frustration for her- she being a human GPS( very remarkably skilled) and my faithful navigator always-was in competition with MapMyIndia all the time!! It was very amusing for me. She disliked it as much as an old man hating an ATM machine!! She is impressed but is still grumbling.

Will go for 0 dep policy next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Great pictures and a crisp travelogue charthom. The resort and the backdrop looks fabulous. Good to hear that your mistress had a much-deserved vacation after a long gap.

Sorry about the rear-ending incident though. I know hot it feels because I experienced the same thing in a Chennai suburb a couple of weeks back. I almost wanted to go and slap the lady in the Scooty who did that and started shouting at me for no mistake of mine. But luckily, the damage was not as pronounced as it is for you.

Glad that the folks at Honda reached the resort on time to rectify your problem. Speak of good service and customer response and Honda is surely there, right on top.
Thanks,arvi86,

The lady is very happy and thrilled to the core.And she is now much better too.Feeling better physically and mentally. She will soon begin a further treatment of physiotherapy etc to shed the extra kilos added due to prolonged lack of activity and to improve flexibility. Wish us luck,Mates!!

In my case-the lady biker was polite too. She took the blame silently and graciously.

The Honda guys appeared a bit irritated- but I managed to convince them. They came really fast and promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
@charthom

Wonder what the lady was doing! Did you not spot her at all in the rear view mirrors or was she in a blind spot? I guess no matter how much we are careful, things like these do happen. So this wipe cloth, have you had a chance to use it? I'd like to hear about it when you get time.

My car is up for detailing this weekend with the UD guys... I just hope it does not rain like crazy in Bangalore, otherwise all of the work will go down the drain.
Sudeep,

The road was totally empty and there was plenty of space all around. She was nowhere in the rear view mirror-must have been in some blind spot. The onlookers commented that she had been over speeding!! She suffered considerable damage to her bike. Fortunately was not injured in any way- otherwise the scene would have been different.

Sudeep-the wipe cloth- I had bought them from USA during one of my visits( our ships go there regularly). I have been using them and can swear by the performance-the most suitable wipe cloth for the car. It leaves absolutely no marks after the wiping. I have not tried to procure them in India-if you spot,please let me know.

Please do post the snaps of your beauty after the detailing job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Sorry to hear about the incident, it's so annoying to see the beauty hit when there is no mistake of ours.

A decent auto (very rare to find auto driver maintaining safe distance from ride infront, else they are almost stuck to your tail) was forced to drag when a bus driver lost his temper in such a slow moving traffic is he started changing the lane from right to extreme left, he had no space, and his wheel got the auto crash guard and auto came and rear ended my car, I was totally pissed off by this, but can't do anything rather than spoiling my mood with an argument with bus wala decided to move on. There's still a lot to be learn by many on the road, they just know how to move the vehicle without caring for anything or anyone.

Nice trip and a break. Pics looks great.
raghu-sorry that you too had a bad experience. How serious was the damage?

Thanks for the comments,Mate.Will soon post a travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Charthom, thanks for sharing the travelogue. I have lived in Kerala for the first 23 years of my life, and never got to see such lovely places

Note: I am getting more and more impressed with the Urban Titanium shade!
vb-san,

In the early 90s,when I visited Singapore for the first time, I was struck by its similarity to Kerala. I can still remember the one month I spent there.

What I have come to realise is (of course, it is not a new revelation for you too) that every place has its beauty,charm,dignity, history and importance. Yes, Kerala has many beauties- so have all other places in the world.

Once,I happened to stand alone on top of a deserted hill in suburban Turkey, a place called Nemrut Bay. I still remember the distinct synchronisation I experienced with the nature. No alien feeling,no fear,no thoughts,just a curious stillness.

UT is very good. Glad that you continue liking it too.I saw a UT Civic the other day. Very different,dignified and stylish. Today a couple in a Red City gave us a really admiring look-which made my day!

Last edited by charthom : 18th August 2011 at 18:57.
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 18:56   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the picture-Sudeep.Will it leave any scoring marks on the paint? Will it remove muddy stains or only dust?

Kiran,

You already have reverse sensors on your rear bumper. Where have you placed your rear camera?

Regarding the antenna- the better position is the left top corner of the wind shield. I will soon post a snap of my antenna position. Have not read your review of MMI,yet. will do so in the earliest.

Charthom, The reverse camera is installed in the center of the rear bumper where you have got your camera installed as shown in the pic in your thread below.

There are 4 Sensors in all- two starting from the left corner moving towards the center and two from the right corner again moving back to the center and all of them are equidistant from each other looking like something shown below. The O in the center is the reverse camera
0 0 O 0 0
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 19:00   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Charthom, The reverse camera is installed in the center of the rear bumper where you have got your camera installed as shown in the pic in your thread below.

There are 4 Sensors in all- two starting from the left corner moving towards the center and two from the right corner again moving back to the center and all of them are equidistant from each other looking like something shown below. The O in the center is the reverse camera
0 0 O 0 0
Kiran,Thanks for the clarification. There is an alternate position-the no.plate.Hence my query.Hope you had the sensors painted body coloured for the aesthetic appeal of your Urban Titanium beuaty.
Old 18th August 2011, 19:04   #641
BHPian

Quote:
It didn't on my car. It just kinda "sucked" up the dust like a vaccum cleaner. I bought them from the UD guys and they use it regularly to maintain their car. The best thing is to not touch the car, but then you can never do that! But I feel this duster is good to use in summer when it collects dust but not in monsoon.

The detailing work will include removing contamination, prepping up the paint and then applying a sealant. Then I can choose to apply a coat of wax which will help me maintain the paint in the long run. I dunno why I am harping about it so much, but I am really excited about the work. I have seen it personally and feel the guys are extremely passionate in their work and treat your car just like their own. No other guys that I have seen on these forums or otherwise have had such a level of quality work.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 19:05   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Kiran,Thanks for the clarification. There is an alternate position-the no.plate.Hence my query.Hope you had the sensors painted body coloured for the aesthetic appeal of your Urban Titanium beuaty.
This option was discussed at the workshop while I was getting it installed. But it somehow did not convince me from the security aspect. They also said that it was more prone to theft if it was installed on the number plate.

I did not get them body painted dude as I had to shell out another 5K which I thought I can invest the same in 3D Kagu

Hey Can you help me point to the mdsaab technique of getting more mileage? am badly waiting for some pointers to this.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 20:47   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,arvi86,

The lady is very happy and thrilled to the core.And she is now much better too.Feeling better physically and mentally. She will soon begin a further treatment of physiotherapy etc to shed the extra kilos added due to prolonged lack of activity and to improve flexibility. Wish us luck,Mates!!
As you wish, charthom. All will surely end well. But, just a piece of advice - if possible, avoid long-distance road travel until the lady recovers completely. I know you are taking full care when driving, but still.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 20:50   #644
BHPian

Quote:
But it somehow did not convince me from the security aspect. They also said that it was more prone to theft if it was installed on the number plate.

I did not get them body painted dude as I had to shell out another 5K which I thought I can invest the same in 3D Kagu

Hey Can you help me point to the mdsaab technique of getting more mileage? am badly waiting for some pointers to this.
Kiran,bumper is much better for the sensor. But the aesthetics in holes all over the bumper-that was my concern.

When are the 3D mats coming? What colour? Check out my comparison of black and beige on page 33.

mdsaab's techniques-check out pages 12,16 and 18 of his thread.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 22:22   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
As you wish, charthom. All will surely end well. But, just a piece of advice - if possible, avoid long-distance road travel until the lady recovers completely. I know you are taking full care when driving, but still.
Arvi,

Thanks for the concern,friend.And the very sensible piece of advice. We had been avoiding long distance driving.only 3 in last 1.5 years-that too not very long ones.

I want her to return to normal life-hence a new treatment-please wish us luck!!