Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th August 2011, 15:23   #721
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Thanks Sudeepg. The OE tweeters are also adding up to the fun by enhancing the quality of music to next level. Feels like you are sitting in some kind of a surround sound high tech theatre
Phew! I wish I could run into you in Bangalore sometime to hear the system! Did the service folks neatly patch up the door panels and not leave any marks after the fitment?
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 15:26   #722
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Phew! I wish I could run into you in Bangalore sometime to hear the system! Did the service folks neatly patch up the door panels and not leave any marks after the fitment?
Sure dude. They did a neat job and cleaned the panels with solution before handing it over to me.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 08:13   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
A bit off topic. Turmeric is a healing herb first then a spice thus take it as herb, mix half a teaspoon and drink it with milk/ghee/honey. Your FIL should have Arjuna as herb again as herb All will be hail and hearty in no time. Convey my regards to all.
Thanks for the invaluable feed back-buddy. she is in the hospital this moment- expected to be back by 1st.I will try these suggestions then.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. Please refer to my comments to your Qs highlighted in bold.
Thanks for the response-Kiran. Nice that you liked alpine speakers. But are they better than Blaupunkt? I know Sony is hopeless. Are the spaekers chosen by yiu are the most ideal ones as per the S.A.?

Hope you are having a ball of a time rocking to the newly rejuvenated music.
Enjoy!!

@sudeepg,thanks for the "man and the machine" part,buddy!! You seem to be really excited about the speaker upgrade. Any plans?

Last edited by charthom : 25th August 2011 at 08:15.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 10:16   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@sudeepg,thanks for the "man and the machine" part,buddy!! You seem to be really excited about the speaker upgrade. Any plans?
I have too many plans with my city, but I cannot execute it sooner than I wanted. As you mentioned in one of the initial posts, the home and finance ministry doesn't allow it. So I am doing it one by one. This month, I got the detailing done & maintenance accessories so that I can maintain the car myself before the finish got any worse. I am definitely thinking of speaker upgrades after kirantp's report. I might schedule a time with him to see how it is. Other plans include a reverse parking camera and of course the caska.

Not sure how much I can do in the coming months since we are expecting our first child in the beginning of the next year! So that is also a #1 priority for us. It's a small world for me here - my spouse, my child and the ANHC.

Old 25th August 2011, 10:29   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response-Kiran. Nice that you liked alpine speakers. But are they better than Blaupunkt? I know Sony is hopeless. Are the spaekers chosen by yiu are the most ideal ones as per the S.A.?

Hope you are having a ball of a time rocking to the newly rejuvenated music.
Enjoy!!
Used Blaupunkt in my Ford Ikon after discarding both Sony and Pioneer. I liked the o/p quality in them and they were pretty good. I would not compare them with Alpine as I feel its too early to judge them. Will revisit the comparison after sometime once I am done with exploring the music with Alpine a little longer. As of now they are doing a tremendous job
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 11:23   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how much I can do in the coming months since we are expecting our first child in the beginning of the next year! So that is also a #1 priority for us. It's a small world for me here - my spouse, my child and the ANHC.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Have you started planning for the child safety seat? We don't need to look any further beyond mdsaab to give us his valuable inputs on this too.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 12:57   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Congratulations to you and your wife. Have you started planning for the child safety seat? We don't need to look any further beyond mdsaab to give us his valuable inputs on this too.
Thank you, prabhuferrari. Yes, that is definitely on my list and I feel secure after gathering all the knowledge that the ANHC will be the best car for all the travel. Safe, comfortable and many more! This thread has it all, so I am going to ask mdsaab later.
Old 26th August 2011, 20:06   #728
BHPian

Quote:
As you mentioned in one of the initial posts, the home and finance ministry doesn't allow it.
The budgeting is a big problem-we are like kids in a toffee shop. The Boss has to manage her budget. Hence execute restraint. I have plans for speaker upgrade too. Happy that sub/amp is not required.

Quote:
Heartiest congrats mate!!

I still remember those days,13 years ago when we were so excited and expectant-waiting for our son(it turned out to be) to arrive.I temporarily stopped sailing for almost 2 years to be with my wife full time.

Welcome to the clan of small and content families.Only difference is, my family includes an i10 too-for my solo ventures.

Quote:
As of now they are doing a tremendous job
Very thrilled with the news. I feel 8k is a worthy spend considering the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
mdsaab-SOS. I could see those toddler's littles shoes among the Nittie Gritties. So commend as soon as possible.

Guys sorry for the rather low involvement- a bit busy with the hospital duties. Your understanding is requested.
Old 26th August 2011, 20:30   #729
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sudeepg. Charthom buddy we will keep updating your thread so that you have lots to catch up

I will be leaving the car with Pearl Honda for the second paid service at 11,000km. Any special advice for me?

Thanks!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 08:04   #730
BHPian

Quote:
The budgeting is a big problem-we are like kids in a toffee shop. The Boss has to manage her budget. Hence execute restraint. I have plans for speaker upgrade too. Happy that sub/amp is not required.

Heartiest congrats mate!!

Guys sorry for the rather low involvement- a bit busy with the hospital duties. Your understanding is requested.
Very well put - Kids in toffee shop. LOL. Are you too planning for alpines or some other brand? Since you sail overseas, are you also considering getting something from US? Electronics can be quite cheaper out there, but the difficulty is ensuring that the stuff fits in the car. I just checked the web and it looks like the Jazz here is the city over there? Can anyone confirm?
Charthom, take care of you and your family. We understand there are more important issues for you at hand right now

Quote:
Congrats Sudeepg. Charthom buddy we will keep updating your thread so that you have lots to catch up
I will be leaving the car with Pearl Honda for the second paid service at 11,000km. Any special advice for me?
Thanks!
Look into the manual and ensure they do the job accordingly. Also give them your list of things that need fixing. If you car has alloys and you care about them, please tell them not to scratch them if rotating wheels. Take pictures of scratches or dents on the car before leaving with them. Verify there are no damages or marks in interior upholstery after you get the car back.
Old 27th August 2011, 08:13   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Very well put - Kids in toffee shop. LOL. Are you too planning for alpines or some other brand? Since you sail overseas, are you also considering getting something from US? Electronics can be quite cheaper out there, but the difficulty is ensuring that the stuff fits in the car. I just checked the web and it looks like the Jazz here is the city over there? Can anyone confirm?
Thanks Sudeep. I have been a fan of Alpine thoughout-the only speaker I value more is Bose.The consideration of the upgrade may come after returning home in March(hope the enthusiasm will still remain).

Bringing cumbersome speakers etc from the US is not worth the trouble any more. My usual purchase is only length specific jeans-I am only 5'7''.

The Jazz is Fit,Sudeep-not City.

Quote:
Charthom, take care of you and your family. We understand there are more important issues for you at hand right now
Thanks for the support,buddy.

Quote:
Take pictures of scratches or dents on the car before leaving with them.
I am somehow embarrassed to do this when a friendly group of men are enthusiastically standing around your car.

Last edited by charthom : 27th August 2011 at 08:15.
Old 27th August 2011, 09:07   #732
Senior - BHPian

Charthom Buddy, you are right when it comes to accessories etc.
We are like kids in a toffee shop.
I too have been pressed for time these few days.
Some important work + an uncle of mine in hospital.
So i know what you must be going through with the Hospital visits.
Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and a quick discharge from the hospital

Regarding the child safety. Thanks PrabhuFerrari for your kind words.
Yes do check out the Child Safety & Child seat threads.
We shall carry on the discussion about them there.

Drive Safe!

Sn1p3r ~ What engine oil are you opting for?
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 09:43   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab

Sn1p3r ~ What engine oil are you opting for?
My running is under 2k a month and thus I will stick to the mineral OEM oil. I plan to switch to the synthetic only after Honda's engine warranty is done with. That means post 40k km on the odo. Then Its upto me to maintain and there is no legal hassle with Honda. Had Honda policy been for 10k oil change then I would have shifted to the Synthetic right away. Remember I had a poker in Germany and I know the value of Synthetic oil, however, the 5k thingy is too conservative from Honda. I hope they change this as well, even Maruti/Hyundai have progressed.

Thank you Sudeepg for the right direction.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 27th August 2011 at 09:45.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 10:02   #734
BHPian

Quote:
My running is under 2k a month and thus I will stick to the mineral OEM oil. I plan to switch to the synthetic only after Honda's engine warranty is done with. That means post 40k km on the odo. Then Its upto me to maintain and there is no legal hassle with Honda. Had Honda policy been for 10k oil change then I would have shifted to the Synthetic right away. Remember I had a poker in Germany and I know the value of Synthetic oil, however, the 5k thingy is too conservative from Honda. I hope they change this as well, even Maruti/Hyundai have progressed.

Thank you Sudeepg for the right direction.
It's more to do with SA, I once opted synthetic to see the difference and SA had no problems to change the oil every 10k.

Check with SA.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 10:11   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506

It's more to do with SA, I once opted synthetic to see the difference and SA had no problems to change the oil every 10k.

Check with SA.
The SA might nit have issues but in case something does bust Honda won't oblige with replacement/repairs. SA will be fired at best. I am unwilling to take that chance unless they reach out to consumers with an official statement. I do reckon that honda engines are meant to last and will be ok with Synthetics. It's only due to high returns for the dealers and service stations that the 5k service is implemented. Now with growing pressure from numbers Jazz/city and soon Brio customers will pile up and I foresee Honda taking a different service interval, else HASS will suffer inevitably.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote